Magic Interface Features - 27th January 2009

Kenneh

27th January 2009 - Magic Interface Features

Have you ever wanted to teleport to a location you haven't been to for a while, only to find yourself looking through every icon to find the one you need? Our latest upgrade will put an end to this. The magic interface has a new feature that will enable you arrange your spells by category, and display either combat spells or teleport spells at the top of the interface. The default order will be the current, level-based one. This applies to all magic spell books.

The "you are here" button will now mark where you are on the world map, which you can open by clicking on the globe next to the minimap in the top-right-hand corner. This should make it easier for you to plan your journeys, as youll have a much clearer idea of your starting point.

One idea that came from the forums was to add a new teleport option to the ring of duelling so that it takes you to the Fist of Guthix minigame, and also to make the ring react more quickly when it has been activated. So we did exactly that! Thanks for the idea.

Weve also made a small change to PvP worlds, so now the Teleport Block spell will be available to all players, not just members (although its level and rune requirements will stay the same).

Finally, it is now easier to ask gardeners to chop down trees for you, the LootShare radius is larger (and more symmetrical) than before, and Pikkupstix can now enchant the Slayer helmet for use as a Summoning headdress.

The full list of this weeks patches and fixes is available in the Recent Updates forum.

Enjoy these upgrades, and let us know what you think.

Mod Fetzki

RuneScape Content Team Leader

------------------------------------------------------------

In other news...

You can now refill your plant pots from Farming patches even if you have a crop growing on the patch.

If you need crushed gemstone, such as in the Fairy Tale Part I quest, you can now get it by smashing opals, jade and red topaz with a hammer.

If you completed the Hazeel Cult quest by supporting Hazeel but have lost the Mark of Hazeel, you can now get another one from Clivet.

The "Empty" option on pots of bonemeal has been placed below the "Use" option, so that you don't accidentally empty them quite so often.

Players are no longer allowed to sit around Fletching and alching things while they're meant to be participating in the Great Orb Project.

It seems that some players have been wielding 'fun' weapons in single-way PvP to increase their drop potential. We've changed this so that any players with 'fun' weapons no longer increase their potential.

Ever tried to find a world to play on in the US and not known which would be suitable? Well, now weve added several of the states in which RuneScape is most popular to the world-select page. Even if your state isnt on the list, why not log in to one of the others? This change doesnt affect the world numbers available, and theres nothing to stop you from playing on whichever world you choose.Ma

The following small fixes and adjustments have now been made to the game. If you spot any further bugs in-game, please use the Bug Report feature ('Submit a Bug Report' under the 'Help' drop-down menu of the website).

Graphical

An issue with male jaws and moustaches has been sorted out.

Pest Control Void Knights have a better death animation.

Saradomin spiritual warriors and mages were using the wrong attack animations.

Players hair should no longer change styles in an odd set of circumstances.

Certain female hair styles no longer have issues with pith helmets.

A gate in the tutorial was changing textures when opened.

The ice titan's chathead has been updated.

Players no longer daze themselves with warhammers when running!

The Grim Reaper hood should no longer cause female heads to wobble slightly.

The nurses hat should no longer interfere with certain hairstyles.

The orange bandana won't appear to make your head really small when you're talking to NPCs.

Occasionally the Stealing Creation hammer was using the wrong animation.

Fish splash about once more when caught using the barbarian fishing method.

Fixed label issues with the crab claw and hook and gold studded bodies.

Eyepatches were causing some odd issues with chatheads.

A door between a bookcase and a wall seems a little unnecessary and has been removed.

The Seers headband from the recent Achievement Diary was causing a few chathead issues.

Quests

Modified the Wanted! quest journal to better point you in the right direction.

Players can now use the Stealing Creation hammer in the TokTz-Ket-Dill quest.

We've fixed the ability to charm sailors if you're on the Dragon Slayer quest.

Fixed an issue with the Garden of Tranquillity quest.

Icthlarin's Little Helper quest journal has been updated and gives a little more assistance in some cases

Minigames

Stealing Creation hammer can now be used to craft Fremennik shields.

Other

Spelling errors were fixed.

The gnome glider interface has been made more user-friendly.

A small handful of interfaces have been brought in line with current standards.

Chat has been adjusted slightly when talking to the Slayer Masters.

The warning when entering the Corporeal Beast's cave can now be turned off.

Two of the Slayer Masters were getting a little confused as to the location of a few creatures, this has been resolved.

Two buttons on the welcome screen had the wrong tooltips.

One way to get a new spell book! :thumbup: Discuss

X_kaylin_X.png

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't mind the sparkly new slayer helmet. But it looks like they caught on to the flowering on PVP worlds quite quickly. #-o

even though most people use air strike in full rune now. its better than flowers

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

The hell. You can't ACTUALLY CHOOSE were EACH spell goes. Way to go jagex ! -.- I won't be using this...

I was the same lol. Bring on full customisation. :thumbsup:

~ K O N K A R ~ Konkar Jr ~ X Konkar X
99 Strength - 18/12/08 - 99 Attack - 5/2/09
99 Hp - 20/7/09 - 99 Defence 26/7/09
K_O_N_K_A_R.png

R.I.P.
K R I S K
Krisk Jr
RSC, Lives on in all of us

Nice set of updates. The spell book one looks like its going to help a lot of people out (me included) as it should save a lot of time and effort hunting for the spells.

F2P, teleblock well they had to add it to balance the rev's a bit more. As it stops the "They can't teleblock you on F2P and thats a P2P spell" moans.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

Finally, it is now easier to ask gardeners to chop down trees for you, the LootShare radius is larger (and more symmetrical) than before, and Pikkupstix can now enchant the Slayer helmet for use as a Summoning headdress.

Weve also made a small change to PvP worlds, so now the Teleport Block spell will be available to all players, not just members (although its level and rune requirements will stay the same).

One idea that came from the forums was to add a new teleport option to the ring of duelling so that it takes you to the Fist of Guthix minigame, and also to make the ring react more quickly when it has been activated. So we did exactly that! Thanks for the idea.

Players are no longer allowed to sit around Fletching and alching things while they're meant to be participating in the Great Orb Project.

This is really an amazing week for me. I've never had 4 updates which have a (possible) positive impact on my gaming!

When everything's been said and done, more has been said than done.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

Hoping for a quest next week

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

My opinions:

Sorting spells by type - Kinda pointless but it would have helped 3 years ago.

You are here button - I know where I am. Again useful for newbies.

FOG tele - Good as its nearer to other places i have to run to as well.

F2P Teleblock - Probably needed if I am honest.

Tree cutting - Yay! this is long overdue.

Lootshare - Extra radius can only be good.

Slayer Helm enchantment - Best of the bunch, may make me train with fighting familars in multi.

Plant pot refilling - I buy enmass from the shop, and drop the empties. Don't most people?

Mark of Hazeel - Why was this needed? You can't get the Bullroarer back either. I smell a new quest! \'

Bonemeal - This should have been like this anyway. Should make it the same way with bones, seeing as most people use altar to train now.

No freeloaders in GOP - Yeah this is good, shame the game is rubbish.

No drop potential from fun weapons - I thought fun items had no value, in which case they wouldn't affect the drop potential anyway? Either way no biggie.

US servers - To be honest the USA servers are always packed, and always laggy. I doubt this will change things. Same as the UK servers, they are always laggy. I live in the UK and have no issues on the Canadian servers. Makes no sense.

cat_sabbath.png

Trust the Gene Genie!

I wouldn't mind the sparkly new slayer helmet. But it looks like they caught on to the flowering on PVP worlds quite quickly. #-o

even though most people use air strike in full rune now. its better than flowers

Air striking in black d'hide is better, and cheaper if you do die. ::'

Really though, Jagex hasn't disappointed for Update Year. These updates are all awsome, and make me revisit features of the game that I haven't used in a long time :thumbsup:

:thumbup:

1ekn0o.jpg

Thanks to Uno for the awsome sig <3