Magic Interface Features - 27th January 2009

Kenneh

I love how JAGeX is trying to improve F2P combat, but I don't think teleblock is going to much of a difference. First, F2P still lacks the binds or KO ability to back up the teleblock, so instead of teleporting, people will just run away to the nearest safe spot. Second, teleblock doesn't block the explorer's ring (the only ring a F2Per would ever wear).

People can't just run into a safespot while you attack them and expect anything to happen. If you're constantly fighting them, you can kill them in a safespot.

You have to have been out of combat for 10 seconds for a safespot to work.

1ekn0o.jpg

Thanks to Uno for the awsome sig <3

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quite decent updates by the sound of it. The magic spellbook might be kind of useless but I'll still give it a whizz.

F2P teleblock is pretty alright and the removal of GoP alchers is definately good for me. Though I do 50/50 games quite a bit but I don't really see the harm in not doing anything for a few minutes *shrugs*

And they've FINALLY FIXED THE HAIR THING! My hair keeps changing about once a week it's REALLY annoying. I am so glad they fixed it \'

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

So how did this flowering to gain potential go?

You just logged in, fighted a friend with flowers and leave the computer?

just curious ;)

Pretty much. It was a good way to raise potential. You'd wear some really good melee armor and flowers/rubber chickens as a weapon and just fight your friend for hours on end. You could do it afk because you were in combat and couldn't log out, you only needed to eat once every 10-20 mins, and you couldn't be pjed.

Well, there's still air striking, so it's not totally gone yet. And if worse comes to worse, you can always just use bronze daggers to replace flowers. You'll hit a miniscule amount more, but it is a good idea if air striking costs a bit too much for hours on end.

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

Teleblocking in F2P. I'm in shock. I might actually get some kills over there.

Wishful thinking, do you think that you can get a defence noob in full rune killed? It's hard without entangle they might have given us that as well or that other thing spell (snare?) or else they'll just run and do what they can do like nobody else tank, safe and flame...

Yes I hate full rune def noobs in non-members who always waste my food in pvp and pj in the middle of good fights or at the end. They also safe and if I use magic they'll pray...

And also I don't like the potential gainers but I hate def noobs more...

Actually, without the ability for them to teleport away, they have no choice but to run. Running with 1 agility won't get you as far as running with 71 Agility. Not to mention, I'd probably take equipment to shred them in whatever gear they were in, so yes, I do believe I would.

Besides, what is your hang-up with "def noobs"? Are you one of those players that hates others because they train defense?

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

I love how JAGeX is trying to improve F2P combat, but I don't think teleblock is going to much of a difference. First, F2P still lacks the binds or KO ability to back up the teleblock, so instead of teleporting, people will just run away to the nearest safe spot. Second, teleblock doesn't block the explorer's ring (the only ring a F2Per would ever wear).

It makes a world of difference to clan pkers.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

So how did this flowering to gain potential go?

You just logged in, fighted a friend with flowers and leave the computer?

just curious ;)

Pretty much. It was a good way to raise potential. You'd wear some really good melee armor and flowers/rubber chickens as a weapon and just fight your friend for hours on end. You could do it afk because you were in combat and couldn't log out, you only needed to eat once every 10-20 mins, and you couldn't be pjed.

Well, there's still air striking, so it's not totally gone yet. And if worse comes to worse, you can always just use bronze daggers to replace flowers. You'll hit a miniscule amount more, but it is a good idea if air striking costs a bit too much for hours on end.

With an air staff, air striking is no more then 10k an hour. Not exactly big money ;) Besides, simply camping is easy enough.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

That is, if the player will be wearing an explorer's ring, and certain types of F2P pures don't want to gain the

minute amount of prayer experience that you receive from doing Restless Ghost, which needs to be done for a requirement.

I'm not much of a player-killer, as I have had too many bad experiences of not being able to KO anyone in F2P.

As of such I didn't find it worthwhile. I'm glad Jagex has taken a step forward by instituting teleblock as a new method for F2P

to prevent escapees, but until Jagex gives us snare/entangle, Range + Corrupted DBA KO'ing won't be worth the 2.6m.

(On that note, why doesn't a corrupted D2H exist..?)

Anyway, I like that teleblock is now F2P, and I partially enjoy the magic book organization, as the organise-by-teleport and

organise-by-offensive spell actually line up the other magic icons quite nicely. Except for bind/snare/entangle, which seem to be

randomly scattered across the page. I do agree with the majority that a freehand-customization of the spellbook would be appreciated.

Edit: World 13 used to be San Fransisco-based. Apparently, it's now a Florida world. :?

this is my f2p/p2p rant on this. HA HA organize WHAT [bleep]ING SPELLS??? We barely have enough spellls to need to organize in the first place in the general magic ab. And for anicents and lunar u might as well not have it. Wasting their time Jagex. Though might i say f2p tele block FTW!!! but a little overdue

34sny53.png

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

Ok, initially most of this is decent, especially how they're trying to link Slayer and Summoning further.

One problem I saw being ranted about on the RSOF was recharging the helm if you were in the area in which removal = doom. Easy way to fix it would simply have a spare helm, which would make not too much difference.

The spells reorganisation was always thought to be just more when it was hinted, perhaps it was just rushed, or pre-emptive to see how it'll be for other forms of organisation.(Such as F2P spells, P2P spells, Law Rune Spells[already covered with teleports], Nature Rune Spells, Cosmic Rune Spells), but having it to carry over onto other spellbooks would be difficult, namely Ancients being either Combat or Teleport, and Lunar being a wide mix of utility spells.

The F2P access to Teleblock is not surprising, but it's taken them a while. The bad thing is that a lot of players tend to fight right outside Lumbridge Castle, which can double as an easy way to remove the 10 second timer. Simply either using just a door, or a door + ladders. Good thing Teleblock has at least kept it's standards. Too bad that there is crappy mage attack bonus gear in F2P, meaning you'd either have to be entirely a Mage Setup, or no armour, both of which leaves your Defence stats to the wolves.

For the LS radius, it was more of a fix so it would be a proper radius. I always thought of the old radius as a square, but now they might've just changed it to be more circular.

For the Gnome Glider interface, i'm assuming when moving your mouse over an icon, it's more readily highlighted, but no big difference if you already use a Custom Mouse Pointer.

I was waiting until we had another option on the Duelling Ring, Heck the Games Necklace got CLW and BH, I wonder if the Duelling Ring would give us another option, so it'll be a standard 4-tele Jewellery.

As far as I've seen, the 50/50 games were hardly any different, you just need self-control to go through them.

For the flower duelling, I never used it, I always Air Striked (or Stroke) for the Hotspot Time. As for not having a partner at times, I just alch away, since there's some hotzones where there's a slightly more difficult to reach area. Reading from the KB, it seems as JAGeX(or whoever is really in charge now) still wants you to build up time, even though they prefer you to go skilling instead of idling. Also, it seems they might've removed the Potential Decrease while in Safe Zones, to attract more bank-heavy operations of skilling. Even if you remove Air Strikes, you could still Air Bolt instead, Air Strike is just used a lot because it's simple enough. Mind you, wearing the certain armour setup would mean the majority of your spells would splash, hence you could Fire Wave Splash if you had the runes to spare. Makes no difference in removing simply the Strike spells.

As for the Seers Diary chatter, I would of expecting something as well. Seeing as Varrock Diary has gotten the teleport to the Grand Exchange if you've completed any part of the Diary, Falador might as well get a Teleport to the White Knight's Castle or to one of the banks as a changeable option, and Seers being able to teleport nearer Catherby or perhaps inside Camelot Bank. This would certainly fix a PVP misuse of jumping those who teleport into those areas. Falador being right into a safe area, and Camelot tele being either right into a safe, or a variation in which it'll be harder to jump.

The best thing would've been an easier accessibility to FoG, but how would it affect CW banking in terms of memory placement (of where the click-confirmation was) and the distance to the bank. Of course FoG could be worse as the Banker is not a chest, and he does wander, despite in a limited area. A positive would be the ability to check your GE offers though, so it seems a decent alternative at least.

FYI, I don't believe any "radius" in Runescape is really a radius. Attack range is definitely a square.

They mean it isn't a sqaure, it's more of a circle shape but made out of sqaures...

SEC !

Tada lol :

circlesqkb1.png

Now if you have a good mind, you can see that the larger the "circle" , the more square you can fit in and therefore making it a 'smoother' circle.

X_kaylin_X.png

I never knew about the flowering/airstrike.

Massively open to abuse though. Just help a user by air striking, then when they say "afk loo" or something, bust out your melee weapon and slay them.

Infact I may do that this weekend...

cat_sabbath.png

Trust the Gene Genie!

Anyone noticed this annoying thing?

Since this update your familiar can stand on anything, making it completely invisible. This means that if you have a really big familiar out, it can cover a big square of monsters, players or random events. You may even not notice a growing strange plant, player attacking you in pvp, or one of the minions crawling to you from behind in gwd...

I found all the organizing rather useless to me since I don't PK, and any mage spell I just set to auto-cast.

After having gotten used to spell order over the past 7 years I'm pretty used to it by now and I'm never fazed at finding the right spell in time, but hey, that's just me.

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

Anyone noticed this annoying thing?

Since this update your familiar can stand on anything, making it completely invisible. This means that if you have a really big familiar out, it can cover a big square of monsters, players or random events. You may even not notice a growing strange plant, player attacking you in pvp, or one of the minions crawling to you from behind in gwd...

You don't know how many people I've traded in waterfiends by doing that.

aporia.png

95/99 Summoning

95/99 Slayer

[hide=This is what you look like when you play RS too long]2vvq0z4.jpg[/hide]

Teleblock, cool, now the minute they give me snare I'll pk :thumbup:

Yay :thumbsup: This makes it a lot easier, because all I really use are teleports :D

........¸*°'¨¨'°*¸¸*°'¨¨'°*¸¸*°'¨¨'°*¸........

¨'°*¸¨'°*¸............ P@©e ............¸*°'¨¸*°'¨

¸*°'¨¸*°....£äßßrg@§Ð....°*¸¨'°*¸

........¨'°*¸¸*°'¨¨'°*¸¸*°'¨¨'°*¸¸*°'¨........

Guess who freaking went bald after he took off his Camo Hat... -.-

I teleported with my customs hat after completing Rocking out and my character went bald. God. :wall:

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

Im so gob smacked at the brilliance of this spell book update. I wont use it tbh but you know..! Its amazing exceptional thinking. I see why they worked up such a pure genius idea.

*Trys moving his spells about again to no avail*

Seriously.. How many people must of done this.. After reading their hype.

Im impressed by their talented coding adding those options. Most took them ages.

Infact it might of been impressive if there was a bar/separater separating them when clicking those options. Then goes away when turned back onto normal. Combat mode/Other stuff mode or normal mode.

Im so gob smacked at the brilliance of this spell book update. I wont use it tbh but you know..! Its amazing exceptional thinking. I see why they worked up such a pure genius idea.

*Trys moving his spells about again to no avail*

Seriously.. How many people must of done this.. After reading their hype.

Im impressed by their talented coding adding those options. Most took them ages.

Infact it might of been impressive if there was a bar/separater separating them when clicking those options. Then goes away when turned back onto normal. Combat mode/Other stuff mode or normal mode.

Deliciousarcasm

This update was pure bull besides the slayer helm upgrade, and that even only holds 50 scrolls due to the low summoning requirement....