Magic Interface Features - 27th January 2009

Kenneh

The best solution would be that P2P fights that last over 5 minutes should be allowed to be interrupted by other players. Keeping all levels in mind, not many fights last longer than 5 minutes. (Unless people were "flowering" or air striking of course.)

And for F2P, this limit can stay upto 15 minutes.

Thanks..

Lord Shalaj

[99 Woodcutting] [99 Strength][99 Hitpoints]

30db3v5.jpg

"What will come, will come..

..We will have to face it when it does!"

Farming With Profit and VineSweeper Guide

A better method to slay Dagannoths!

PvP drops:

[hide=]1 x Vesta's Chainbody, 3 x Brawling gloves (Melee [1], Range [1], Magic [1])[/hide]

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Teleblocking in F2P. I'm in shock. I might actually get some kills over there.

Many of the other updates might look like a few bothersome updates, but they will come in handy sometime in the future. Especially the FoG teleport; I've still got some stuff I need to decant to sell.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

Gnome Glider Interface - WTF did they change? It looks exactly the same.

They changed interfaces earlier but the changes are not seeable. It happens to be less traffic with the server, better coding or faster functionality. Something like that.

[404] Signature not found.

Weelll, I mostly go the lazy-[wagon] route and use teletabs when I teleport, but this is still useful. I especially like how the combat spells are all neatly grouped -- air - water - earth - fire in a row, and then going straight down strike - bolt - blast - wave. Looks muuuuch better, and a hell of a lot less messy. :thumbsup:

Awwwwwww, no flowering? Oh well, I'll just air strike :D

Don't have 50 rcing, but no more freeloaders sounds good! I don't think you get randoms while in a penguin suit, actually... I wonder if you can alch or fletch while in a pengie suit. I'm going to go find out...

F2P teleblock? Cooooool. *snicker* More incentive to go get 85 magic. :lol:

Balance may be power, but chaos is still pretty damn fun.

Lielac.png

Canada can't be second rate, polar bears are their main mode of transportation.

If they had a full stomisation it would probably reqire alot of memory. Instead, they can simply store a small variable that says what format your spells are rather than a variable for EVERY spell and its position. When applied to all the spell books for every player, thats a large increse in memory demand for one update.

As far as the mage book goes, it could be better by allowing a bit more personal customization. I would have liked to at least see an option to move a spell where it is more convenient (superheat comes to mind). Other than that seems like a decent update, although I do not pvp and tele block is useless for me. :?

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

I wonder why they made such a big deal about a magic interface update that is less important than the rest of the updates that came with it? Oh well, we got the updates, and a lot of them are great. Grats to Jagex for making teleblock f2p, and making the first steps to deal with the PvP trick, as well as the other stuff.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

um pvp fix is fail you can still air strike

And how would you remove that bit?

dont allow strikes in pvp worlds

as if any pker uses them (taking in mind you have to be a certain lv to get in)

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

Nice updates this time:D but not anything big...

kirderf123.png

99 Woodcutting 09/12/08 - 99 Cooking 13/01/09 - 99 Fletching 20/04/09 - 2,713th to 99 Construction 14/09/09

[hide=Quote]

New summon monster. You get 99 summon and complete a hard quest to gain the ability to summon Jesus, who splits the waters allowing you to walk to a new port town where you unlock the sailing skill. Obviously ;)

That was Moses you idiot.

That gets fixed in the bugfix the following week. Maybe.

[/hide]

Teleblocking in F2P. I'm in shock. I might actually get some kills over there.

Wishful thinking, do you think that you can get a defence noob in full rune killed? It's hard without entangle they might have given us that as well or that other thing spell (snare?) or else they'll just run and do what they can do like nobody else tank, safe and flame...

Yes I hate full rune def noobs in non-members who always waste my food in pvp and pj in the middle of good fights or at the end. They also safe and if I use magic they'll pray...

And also I don't like the potential gainers but I hate def noobs more...

Players are no longer allowed to sit around Fletching and alching things while they're meant to be participating in the Great Orb Project.

Would someone care to explain this one?

Exactly what it says. People would alch or fletch in the minigame for experience, and as a bonus they would get GOP tokens. Those tokens, when used to buy pure essence, more than cover the cost of the alching or fletching. Also, there were no random events to distract the alchers or fletchers.

So how did this flowering to gain potential go?

You just logged in, fighted a friend with flowers and leave the computer?

just curious ;)

Leaving the computer would be bad, because you could still get events like Hyde or the Drunken Dwarf that would kill you. Even with flowers, food needs to be eaten occasionally. After about 30 minutes or longer, both would Lumby tele. The person to be killed brings 26K in cash, and the killer brings 76k in cash. Each person can get about 2 kills before the increased drop potential wears back down to normal.

1ekn0o.jpg

Thanks to Uno for the awsome sig <3

I love how JAGeX is trying to improve F2P combat, but I don't think teleblock is going to much of a difference. First, F2P still lacks the binds or KO ability to back up the teleblock, so instead of teleporting, people will just run away to the nearest safe spot. Second, teleblock doesn't block the explorer's ring (the only ring a F2Per would ever wear).

Nothing really exciting for me with these updates, I'll probably just being staying with the same interface as usual. Maybe if I get bored, I'll change it. Oh well.

A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

optimizedbrokenmirrorpn.jpg

you didnt even need fun weapons for potential, seriously; theres hotspots that almost noone uses. ever. and if u didnt use one of them, all you did was use air-fire strike while in full metal armour [you have -65 mage attack or less and CANT hit EVER. no need for food. much better than flowers]

other than that.... decent update

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

I love how JAGeX is trying to improve F2P combat, but I don't think teleblock is going to much of a difference. First, F2P still lacks the binds or KO ability to back up the teleblock, so instead of teleporting, people will just run away to the nearest safe spot. Second, teleblock doesn't block the explorer's ring (the only ring a F2Per would ever wear).

Awesome for fog pking, where people will normally teleport. Now I can TB level 90s and kill them easily.

I just bought 25k nats and am in the process of buying more green d hide chaps, which are one of the better things to alch in f2p (f2p is very limited in alching choices)