your first attempt at a 99.?.?

Beeskers503

Poll  

1. 1. Poll

what was the first skill that you told yourself you are gonna get 99 in?did you get it?did you quit?are you still working at it?what made you want to get this 99 or 99's??just wanted to start a lengthy discussion.

SODBee.png

99 Range 9/13/09

99 Defence 5/29/10

99 HP 7/20/10

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cooking. Said "hey, the cape looks cool". Cooked for 2 weeks, had fun, gained a lot of XP and total levels, and walked away with 150 new friends from the rouges den + a cool new cape.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

well I'm in the process of 99 range. I love range and should hopefully have it a couple months even tho I could get it in 1. I would rather have a range cape then some useless cape like fletching. So i've decided to go for a nice challenging awesome cape/99.I am taking any tips on gtting 99 range.

SODBee.png

99 Range 9/13/09

99 Defence 5/29/10

99 HP 7/20/10

My first attempt was 99 woodcutting, started at around 75 and got it to 92. Right now I'm taking an extended break from it and doing skills and combat.

Cooking. I stopped when I realized I didn't want to be a cliche.

And hi ugafan! Welcome back to the forums.

Yup, I'm gonna get all the bones for 99 prayer, then give them to the stray dog in Varrock, totally not cliche.

Leman.png

i went for 99 fishing starting at 54. that didn't follow through to well lol. 78 fishing almost a year and a half later. but in all reality i dont go for 99's. i am 1819 total with 91 cooking as my highest. 90 hp is second

Y_Z.png

99 Fishing & Cooking, was a duo party, achieved both off a shrimp, there are pics somewhere i'll find them!

[hide=]1.png

2.png[/hide]

Although it was before skillcapes - and i had 98 fishing before slayer *I think* just I took a few months off to well, be lazy!

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

i think my first "i want 99" was woodcutting but i failed at getting it my second attempt was agility and thats the one i got :thumbsup:

woodcutting ended up being 10th lol

StarViv.png

well back in classic i always thought fishing or cooking would be my 1st 99 but after RS2 came out I really liked how useful range was. so i decided to knock that out i got it in like 2months or so lol. i gained only 2 fishing levels since classic lol

RSN: drgnslyer15

Drgnslyer15.png

15 skills 90+ - 10 skills 99 - 200m+ total exp

First attempt was cooking. Before skill capes. Then the market messed up on me and I couldn't trade cooked for raw lobs any more. I'm still 84 cooking. Next, I was defense being my first 99, which I slowly started towards. Then came skill capes. I needed the orange one, so I got 99 fm. Took me over a year, but I got it.

35b9enp.jpg

Firemaking was the first one that I really thought I'd go for. It took me about a year from when I decided to go for it to when I actually got it, but I did get it, which is good. :thumbup: Also got 99 cooking when I went for that, and I forsee no problems getting 99 Farming (currently 86).

Salamoniesunsetsig5.png

8,325th to 99 Firemaking 3/9/08 | 44,811th to 99 Cooking 7/16/08

4,968th to 99 Farming 10/9/09 | Runescaper August 2005-March 2010

Tip.it Mod Feb. 2008-Sep. 2008 | Tip.it Crew Sep. 2008-Nov. 2009