your first attempt at a 99.?.?

Beeskers503

Poll  

1. 1. Poll

Ooh is it storytime? :)

My first attempt was actually for 99 hunter...well, speculatively. I took the goal in stages: 66 for the spottier cape, 74 for ninja implings, 80 for quintuple traps, 83 for dragon implings, then eventually 99. But circumstances forced me to give up my goal. I just didn't have a reliable internet connection, and I couldn't stand training hunter if I was periodically going to be losing all my traps to an accidental logout. And what made it worse was the crowding. When I would log back in, my spot would have been taken in the minutes I had been gone. And when I logged in for the first time, I'd have to hop until I found a spot I could set up in.

So when I got to my penultimate goal of level 83, I gave up, and I haven't trained hunter since except to respond to clanmates announcing spotted dragon implings, and the one time I made a forge regent pouch from scratch the day I did the Seers' Village diary, and a couple of quests that happened to give hunter experience. I have no regrets over leaving the skill, because it's not as if additional hunter levels would have given me any advantage in the game. I'm already high enough to do everything the skill has to offer. Perhaps someday I will return to it when the skill is updated.

I didn't try for another skillcape until...as a matter of fact, I believe I started on 99 fishing almost exactly a year ago. That was a goal I eventually achieved, with the support of my fishing clan, of which I am still...I guess I could say a loyal member. And on that road I also went from 63-74 agility, 67-76 strength, and 79-84 cooking, thanks to the miracle of heavy rod fishing, which has since diminished slightly in capacity (no more cooking experience at maximum rates) but not in value.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha, well when i first started wanting to get 99's in skills, i think i convinced myself that im going to get 99 rcing the "hard" way and i got up to my current 73 rcing and then promptly gave up. though i do plan on getting it soon. i heard double crafting astrals are nice =)

but when i first acctually started on the road of getting 99 attack, i really didnt have to do much as far as work.

i camped the desert bandits to get 99 and played CoD4 on my xbox while my RS character did all the work. LOL

after i got that and some money, i convinced myself i'd get 99 range. I stopped at 95 range after i got 99 HP.

and now my most recent 99 skill, defence, i acctually worked on very hard and i am very proud of =) it's by far my sexiest cape ever.

99 attack and strenght, but i soon gave up, tried wc, gave up, tried fm and failed, then attempted fishing and epicly failed.then i started slaying and got 99 attack. lol

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

Cooking. Said "hey, the cape looks cool". Cooked for 2 weeks, had fun, gained a lot of XP and total levels, and walked away with 150 new friends from the rouges den + a cool new cape.

Yeah, when I was getting 99 cooking I met alot of my current friends, that's the whole reason I did fletching, to keep talking to my mates in the rogues den :P

My first attempt was firemaking, and I got it...

Never was motivated before that really.

Doomy edit: I like sheep

My first 99 was pretty much an accident. I was fletching for friends, and I fletched the logs I was cutting, for profit. 99 fletching came pretty much automatically, and I didn't bother to celebrate or buy the cape because the lameness of the skill. It did gave me the incentive to get a decent 99, so I got myself a trimmed fishing cape.

i started with magic i had a main called kudos6969 then made the account "69er is best" got an irl friend to trade my money accross and i started alching. I just liked magic in general although on runescape it was useless!

at the time best robes were the f2p wizard ones (really horrible blue) and the best spell was level 80 charge. And seeing anyone using magic and casting a fire wave was jsut awesome.

I porceeded to level and jagex kindly released Mystic robes!, Split bark! and teleblock and then of course ancients and i was just some level 74 with 94 magic was crazy! i went from being a random chracter just alching all the time for the hell of it to some deadly pker.

None had trained a low level with mage coz it was useless and overnight i became a deadly pker, pkin 5m a day in rune armour, Best drops were glorys at 120k and dragon longs as i remember. Many skulled noobs at green drags lol.

so i continued to alch to 99 mage only stopping to pk more. The release of desert treasure was pure win i was 94 mage at the time it was released. And you can imagine how that affected my pkin \'

Mage ftw now and forever!

69er_is_best.png

GWD solo drops: Armadyl Hilt sold at 63.5m - (More to come hopefully)

I achieved all my 99s on my way to 99 slayer. They just came naturally to me and since I'm not a big 99 party guy, I kinda got them without a bang. Just like when I got 99 ranged at daganoths with my cannon, the discussion looked like this :

someplayer : OMG another cannon noob!

Me: At least my task is gonna be pretty fast and it gets me ranged xp.

someplayer: I prefer to slay the proper way.

ME : suit yourself... BTW just got 99 ranged during this conversation...

someplayer: ... Grats I guess... cannon noob!

Me: Lol ty, task over... have fun!

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

My first attempt was fletching due to a race a friend of mine initiated. I had been playing for 5 years and he had only been playing a year. In order to show that he was better than me, he decided to race me to 99 in a stat that he had double the experience in. After 2 weeks of grueling time spent fletching magic bows, he bought his cape and an hour later, I bought mine. I lost but it was closer than I ever expected it to be.

My second, out of convenience, was cooking as my kingdom rewarded me with tons of 'free' fish

My third will be crafting which I will have in about a month :D

Kiettaro.png

090108162337qa2zd0.png

99 attack. i the "slow but steady wins the race" approach. i first set it as a goal at like 75 attack, and got serious about it at 92 attack. took 2 years from 75, but i did ALOT of other stuff in there too.

oh, and dosent this belong in questionarres?

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

Ranged. When the Chompy bird quest came out I was 32 or so ranged and hated the skill, then for some reason I just fell in love with it. Spent most of my time playing ranging greaters and then when I was 500k off 99 I really wanted it so got a cannon and a load of balls and went to Dagannoths and camped there for a bit with a crystal bow, was some nice range XP and got it later that night.

Unfortunately I'm an idiot and messed the pictures up, I have one of the "Congratulations you have 99 ranged" thing, but for some reason I cropped it out. I also have a picture of me being 1 xp away from it.

My first attempt was at 99 Cooking which I got because I wanted at least 1 99 before I quit, since then I ended up getting 99 Hunter...

I always have like month breaks then play for a bit then stop for a bit but I reckon next one will either be Defence cus I think I need to get a combat one or Crafting which I have the money to get to about 94/95 so far...

Crafting has allways been one of my favorite skills, right since I first started...

Avid43.png

i wanted some cash and a 99, so started woodcutting and got cape in 6 weeks or so from level 88

made a few good friends and lots of money til hack :wall:

You only live twice. Once when you are born and once when you look death in the face.

Do not fear Death. Death is always at our side. When we show fear, it jumps at us faster than light. But, if we do not show fear, it casts its eye upon us gently and then guides us into infinity...

If there's a 99 I want, it's Runecraft. I refuse to have any other 99 before it.

Though I get distracted easily. Then again, I'm not really trying for 99s.

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

99 Strength's the first goal I planned on getting (Through the old pest control, also)

I didn't make it, lol. (When I was f2p was no big deal about getting any 99's).

When I went f2p again after that 99 fm's what I planned on going for, did it for a week or two using the General store method and couldn't do it anymore. Changed my mind on what 99 I wanted so I got 99 cooking over 6 months. Was fun, I trained it with Epeeflecher when he still played, was a great guy.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

The first attempt I made was with firemaking, I got to level 85 I believe, then go bored. I picked it up a few months later, and now the useless cape is sitting in my bank. ^^

4455.jpg

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Oscar Wilde

I've always wanted 99 woodcutting, since I liked the skill. I'm still not much of a grinder unless I haven't got anything better to do, so it took me about 4 years to get. My second 99 skill, firemaking, went from low 50's to 92 in 2 weeks (for the adze) and recently got to 99.

priest_wiz.png

99 Strength's the first goal I planned on getting (Through the old pest control, also)

I didn't make it, lol. (When I was f2p was no big deal about getting any 99's).

When I went f2p again after that 99 fm's what I planned on going for, did it for a week or two using the General store method and couldn't do it anymore. Changed my mind on what 99 I wanted so I got 99 cooking over 6 months. Was fun, I trained it with Epeeflecher when he still played, was a great guy.

Aw I miss Epee ):

On topic: 99 fishing was a goal of mine for a long time. My friend got 80 wc the same night I got 80 fishing, so we decided to make a race out of it. He beat me to 99 by like a week >__<. Both of us took several breaks from the skill/game itself though.

P.S. I just lost the game.

7,436th to 99 fishing on July 13, 2008

[hide=Quotes that I lol'd at]

the day the fantastic four come into runescape, i will eat my socks.

what kind of topic is this. ihaven't read it yet

but i now it must be stupid.

[/hide]