10-Feb-2009 Soul Wars Minigame

Toad

Poll  

1. 1. Poll

haven't you guys got *abit* off topic? :roll:

OT: well, seems that hp is skill that you max togheter with others, so no really need to camp only for hp...and for rest thing it's not worth the 20 mins for max 3 points, unless you want 3 mins cheating.

the only factor that game have left to do it the fun factor (seems to work pretty good with CW)...but so much people says it not, so it might be soon more lonely than trouble brewing soon :?

What's wrong with going off topic?:D

X_kaylin_X.png

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They need slayer only worlds for people killing monsters on tasks.

Hellhounds and Abby Demons both suffer from overcrowding.

More npc's would be nice too.

The chaos tunnels certainly helped for some assignments.

(Hellhounds perm-blocked for me for just that reason)

Err, kinda veered off topic sorry.

PVP worlds FTW. (I can't believe I said that)

thedayrsdieddp8fv1cq2.png

Disgruntled, Ignorant, Rude, Obnoxious, over-the-top, unreasonable Ex-PKer

Drops: Abby Whips:13/ Black Mask: 38/ Dark Bow:3

This game is now officially dead to me. All worlds i tried that werent official were dead, and official worlds had 450+ per team, pointless playing with that many people, its just a laggfest.

As watchwood said on the last page, it is a 'stupid' minigame. However much they try to say its 'like cw' its the opposite end of the scale.

the good things about cw are good teamplay can own, but you can make a big difference on your own, the game feels smooth and well designed, and you can help at any level.

Here its dominated by pkers, the higher your cmb the more you will have an effect, lower levels make NO difference, you can do F all on your own really (1 barricade limit wtf, who designed that!?). The bandages are used way to slow, often end up being damaged faster than you can use them, the game feels rough and like everything takes a few seconds to do.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

As watchwood said on the last page, it is a 'stupid' minigame.

wachtwoord ;) dutch word for password :lol:

I always thought it was watchwood spelt wrong, well, to an untrained non dutch speaker you can't blame me ::'

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

minitricegv8.png

^_^

Honestly, I don't think I'll be playing this minigame much, at least not until it cools down a bit.

borderedsh0ai8uxj5.png

Thanks To:reddawn509, Hoopster211, JacobRyan, navyplaya, bigsword33, Ferahgo28, speedofsound, Goldwolflord, unknowz, GonAndGary and born2die

I have a feeling if Jagex does not update this minigame soon, it'll soon be a "Dead" Minigame. (Like rat pits.)

They really need to make the supply area barred for the opposing team, as it's Basically medkit camping in CW all over again.

Also, I'd have to agree with all the previous points that a stacked team makes the minigame exceedingly easy.

No.png

CLICK THE IMAGE TO GO TRY SHARK ATTACK DANGIT.

minitricegv8.png

^_^

Honestly, I don't think I'll be playing this minigame much, at least not until it cools down a bit.

Oooh, thanks for posting a picture of the Minitrice :D - I have a head in my bank so I figured I would now waste it on making an ugly pet :P

Ugly pets FTW!!!!

2 more days till my ban is over... so I still can't try this minigame, but from what I here it has its good and bad points.

The bandages are used way to slow, often end up being damaged faster than you can use them, the game feels rough and like everything takes a few seconds to do.

Not true at the slightest.

The first day of release, I pushed a bandage in the middle of my inventory by mistake and it healed using the highest one in my inventory.

Those bandages are the fastest healing object in runescape. I have healed from 20 hp to 92 in 2 seconds. ;)

On a different note, I was in World 144.

Some people had convinced a load of people that by digging in the graveyard by the waiting rooms, you could dig up 1m cash.

If you tried to tell them they were beeing tricked and lied to, they would go into complete denial and call you a noob for not believing in it. :P

297616.png

The bandages are used way to slow, often end up being damaged faster than you can use them, the game feels rough and like everything takes a few seconds to do.

The first day of release, I pushed a bandage in the middle of my inventory by mistake and it healed using the highest one in my inventory.

Those bandages are the fastest healing object in runescape. I have healed from 20 hp to 92 in 2 seconds. ;)

Some people had convinced a load of people that by digging in the graveyard by the waiting rooms, you could dig up 1m cash.

If you tried to tell them they were beeing tricked and lied to, they would go into complete denial and call you a noob for not believing in it. :P

297616.png

Yup. It's nearly impossible to get AGS Spec+Blitz ko'd if you've got bandages and you're paying attention to your health.

hzvjpwS.gif

297616.png

Yup. It's nearly impossible to get AGS Spec+Blitz ko'd if you've got bandages and you're paying attention to your health.

its really bad if someones standing next to the table taking bandages, thier almost invinceble!

Pit_Guardian.png

Gamertag: EFs Predator.

Games I play: Halo 3, Halo wars.

They need slayer only worlds for people killing monsters on tasks.

Hellhounds and Abby Demons both suffer from overcrowding.

More npc's would be nice too.

The chaos tunnels certainly helped for some assignments.

(Hellhounds perm-blocked for me for just that reason)

Err, kinda veered off topic sorry.

PVP worlds FTW. (I can't believe I said that)

Not true.

I did some Hellhounds there and got killed by a nasty little double team. Couldn't run away. So it's only good if you use cheap gear which slows down the kills.

cat_sabbath.png

Trust the Gene Genie!

297616.png

Orly omg free monies! *goes dig in the graveyard*

:XD: :lol:

Master of Attack ~ August 29th, 2010

Proud to have served the awesome Tip.It Crew <3

4bbb67ec44.png

Juhniz.png

Juhniz.png

Juhniz.png

[hide=]

297616.png

[/hide]

its really bad if someones standing next to the table taking bandages, thier almost invinceble!

Yup, that's a big gripe of mine. If I'm fighting them and it doesn't seem like they're slow enough to get killed, I give up. It's just not worth the effort when I could be helping defend the obelisk or the Avatar.

hzvjpwS.gif

[hide=]

297616.png

[/hide]

Apthertic skill.

priest_wiz.png

[hide=]

297616.png

[/hide]

Yup, that's a big gripe of mine. If I'm fighting them and it doesn't seem like they're slow enough to get killed, I give up. It's just not worth the effort when I could be helping defend the obelisk or the Avatar.

Actually I think that's just one of the many useful tactics of the game. Being a decoy or diversion in this game is a VERY useful strategy that can ultimately win your team the game.

10 enemy players focused on you instead of working the the obelisk or control points gives your team a 10 player advantage in those areas, especially if you can tank for a long period of time. It prevents them from holding key control points which gives you the upper edge.

I have been going right at the start of the game to sabotage their grave area, making my team quickly have possession of all 3 control points. Either way if people there attack me, they waste their time killing one person while my team advances, or i take over their control point. Either way gives my team a HUGE advantage. My favorite thing to do is round them up at their grave area, pull them outside, and then freeze them outside, while I run in gaining my teams possession of the area.

So this is just the one of many tactics this game offers. Its actually a lot of CW tactics when you get down to it. Its all about making the enemy focus on you and not their goal to win.

dawnsigblue-3.png

[hide=]

297616.png

[/hide]

Actually I think that's just one of the many useful tactics of the game. Being a decoy or diversion in this game is a VERY useful strategy that can ultimately win your team the game.

10 enemy players focused on you instead of working the the obelisk or control points gives your team a 10 player advantage in those areas, especially if you can tank for a long period of time. It prevents them from holding key control points which gives you the upper edge.

I have been going right at the start of the game to sabotage their grave area, making my team quickly have possession of all 3 control points. Either way if people there attack me, they waste their time killing one person while my team advances, or i take over their control point. Either way gives my team a HUGE advantage. My favorite thing to do is round them up at their grave area, pull them outside, and then freeze them outside, while I run in gaining my teams possession of the area.

So this is just the one of many tactics this game offers. Its actually a lot of CW tactics when you get down to it. Its all about making the enemy focus on you and not their goal to win.

I agree.

Many people don't think theres much strategy to this game,but imo theres more roles that people have to take on in order for your team to win,from mages controlling the choke point up to the soul obelisk,to lower lvls colecting soul fragments,everybody reguardless of what your combat level,has a role to play.

Good minigame imho :thumbsup:

yaay_1_def.png

siggy2.png

I've found the thing that's really annoyed me about this game now.

Idiots that set up barriers in their OWN supply area.

*a'splodes* :wall: :wall:

Half the time they're using them to fight against! It's not like there's a lack of people out there to kill so WHY do they feel the need to set up a barrier right in front of the barrier table that not only obstructs the table but takes up one of the 10 barriers you can have up.

I've decided to take the barricade route through the games now. Destroying ones in my teams way and setting them up on the opposing bridge and the other team's supply area. It's quite fun ::' ::'

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

[hide=]

297616.png

[/hide]

What I think is that they should add a "personal replacement timer" - Like the med-packs in most first person shooters, they should only respawn slowly! - But to prevent "noobs" from taking all bandages it should be personal! - What they could do then too is add some bandage spots all over the map (instead of just 2 spots).. That way the penalty from spawning "mid-level" is gone, and if they make the timers right, there shouldn't be any overpowering either!

Also I think it would be better if the way wasn't as straight forward: it's now just a big rush towards each other's base! An underground area-like with cw- would make it much more fun!

Also: maybe make it so there are multiple "minion" (like 2) obelisks: those minions can be controlled too, but instead of doing 1 level/soul it would give 1 level/10 souls: much more slowly, but they might be handy for the lower levels!

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

[hide=]

297616.png

[/hide]

I agree.

Many people don't think theres much strategy to this game,but imo theres more roles that people have to take on in order for your team to win,from mages controlling the choke point up to the soul obelisk,to lower lvls colecting soul fragments,everybody reguardless of what your combat level,has a role to play.

Good minigame imho :thumbsup:

it has alot more strategy then castle wars imo, its got more to do things to capture soul shards to collect things to defend ect.

its a complicated version of castle wars imo.

Pit_Guardian.png

Gamertag: EFs Predator.

Games I play: Halo 3, Halo wars.