who holds the true power in runescape? MELLE!

fireside8

Poll  

1. 1. Poll

Well it's worth putting in perspective, yah? At balanced stats for example, melee is indeed more powerful, but to call it unjustfully overpowered would be overreacting. To its defence, it's three skills packed into one, so of course you'd want more bang for your buck. On the less brighter side, it's hand-to-hand and it's weak against magic. Now people say BUT MELLERS CAN WEAR DHIDE NOES!!!, well that makes them more vulnerable to both ranged and melee attacks. This combat-triangle nonsense works when all sides are dressed up to their full potential, and when mixed gear kicks in, you can't complain about that.

As for max hit, you'll be very lucky to hit these 70s with any combat style, and don't give me that crap I HIT MAX ALL TEH TIME. Picking on a guy 50 levels lower than you in Clan Wars isn't something worth bragging about.

What else... Ah, the ranger-tank which supposedly hits meleers very often. Well they don't. Barrows armour and a proper shield is all that necessary, and I can tell you that out of experience from both defence and offence. However, like in melee vs melee, they are hard to hit, and will hit eventually, so there you go.

Lastly, magic. A fully equipped mage will hit, and hit fairly often. 20 seconds of freeze is enough to land 7 hits, and at least some of them are bound to hit through the magic defence. I'm assuming that the meleer doesn't have a bow, otherwise it's, again, unrelated to solely melee.

zj7y4z.gif

DeeKay.png

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes your right melee is more powerfull than range and mage but if your gonna pvp with just one form of attack your already failing.

Try a nice combo of 2 forms and see how much better it works out.

69er_is_best.png

GWD solo drops: Armadyl Hilt sold at 63.5m - (More to come hopefully)

Anyone who just says melee is more powerful and that's that clearly hasn't been to Stealing Creation. ;)

If someone with 99 mage & full sc robes went up against someone with lvl 99 attack & str and full armor, My money would definetly be going down on the mage.

There are any number of variables in a fight that could change the outcome of a fight. We all know how evil those AGS specs can be. Or, if the target has substantial defense, they might just hit 0's. In the thick of a battle, people would respond to different situations differently. One person might eat when brought down to 48 hitpoints, while someone else might not.

Anyway, this pic just looks so cool to miss the chance to post it. ::'

CombatT_800x600.jpg

Melee owns magic and ranged? Let's have a duel then. Obstacles on.

Yes, melee is cheap. Yes it has a high max hit. But magic and range have the wonderful ability to attack from far far away.

Also, as has been explained, melee is horribly unaccurate. Magic can lower stats as well as help outside of combat. Range is insanely fast and accurate. Melee is only powerful if you don't have the money for anything else.

MR. OCTOPUS BEARD DISAGREES!

30259it.jpgNo, THAT's what she said.

Wanna know how to keep an idiot busy? Read below.

Wanna know how to keep an idiot busy? Read above.

[hide=OMG DRAGON KITESHIELD IN-GAME!!!!]rickrollad5.png

Never gonna give you up...[/hide]

I cant use a chair, evidence that Lucien's men are sitting on them.

melee has the ags, dragon claws and the dragon dagger.

range has the dark bow

magic has ancients. (maybe magic needs an update?)

Dragon bolts are more dangerous than Dark Bow.

They hit consistantly high, and your opponant never knows when you will hit a random 50+

Honestly, with the dark bow I regularly kick the crap out of crossbow users using the bow exclusively.

The OP is an effing moron too btw.

OH S***! He/she/it is back!

Not really...Maybe it's the cheaper to train, but when it comes to fighting.

Rangers hit 100s on high HP monster. Melees can't

Rangers hit 50s on people pretty easily with dragon bolts. Melee can't (Unless they have an AGS/PvP item which is VERY expensive)

Mages hit 30s and can freeze you, also kill you pretty easily if hybriding

So make up your ideas

_p3_minato_arisato_signature__by_x0sandylicious0x-d3hnk6v.png

Not really...Maybe it's the cheaper to train, but when it comes to fighting.

Rangers hit 100s on high HP monster. Melees can't

Rangers hit 50s on people pretty easily with dragon bolts. Melee can't (Unless they have an AGS/PvP item which is VERY expensive)

Mages hit 30s and can freeze you, also kill you pretty easily if hybriding

So make up your ideas

dhoraks

keris

melee=dclaws only 25m atm or bgs 18m,theres also the pvp weapons vesta longsword hits pretty nice with special

but all in all pros and cons k

foukouei.png

I don't mean to nitpick but the grammar of the title is quite off. Of course the whole "Melee" not "Melle" thing has been cleared, however Melee is a skill and is therefore not a person. So the correct title would be "What combat skill holds true power in runescape? Melee!" :thumbsup:

nitpicking>

Alright back on topic! While I certainly don't possess the stats to be considered a good pker, monster killer, or fighter in general :?...I have often observed that it is not the combat skill that determines dominance but the player that actually uses them. The strongest weapon in an RS player's arsenal is their brain and ability to strategize. A few red splats with big numbers does not win fights. What truly wins fights is the ability to know what to hit with, when to eat/when to not, and sealing the deal with a well timed ko attempt. So looking at it this way, you could say all the combat skills have their time and place. However, they are useless when a player is not experienced enough to utilize any of them to their fullest potential (like me :oops:).

99miningnewsig.gif

~Retired 13-July-2010~

Thanks for the great memories folks :).

Someone pointed out that in f2p pking, you need R2H to have a k0 ability...

Well, I have a purely range/mage account, which pretty much destroys whoever attacks me at lower crater ::'

Anyway, I'd surely bet on a maxed ranger/mager, in a fight against a maxed meleer.

Seriously, melee's best armour in offense (Bandos?) is pretty much a fail against an Ice Barrage/Dragon bolts combo...

Although, I'll admit that melee has it's advantages, you got to love the ability of healing with an attack (SGS spec/Guthan).

and it is "Melee", not Melle :XD:

animsig.gif

Thanks to Vey for the hawt siggie <3

Number one, it's called Melee.

Number two, pure rangers and mages hit higher. I've seen a ranger hit 47 in Bounty Hunter. I've seen mages hit around 20-30 with Ancients fairly easily. Plus, melee takes forever to train.

Number three, all of us lazy people are gonna train melee.

Why is this even here?

Range/Mage doesn't hit higher than melee at all. Mage has a max of 32, 30 if we're being realistic. Getting a max hit out of all the ammunitions in Range is very difficult (mainly talking about dragon/onyx bolts there), but I think dark bow hits ~84? One in a million chance of getting max due to two seperate hits aswell. Melee has godswords hitting in 70's, dharoks hitting 110+ PvM, DDS hitting 90+, etc.

Anyway, melee isn't as overpowered as people make it out to be. It isn't all about max hits. Range and mage both have extremely high accuracy while melee at times can be all hitting 0's. Range has the combination of accuracy, speed and powerfull hits. Mage has extremely high accuracy, stat nerfs and ancient spell combos. Mage is a bit below the rest, not by as much as people think.

The reason why melee is so preffered in boss hunting is because mains tend to favour it more (it is cheaper after all) and you can virtually melee in any armour. Melee, range and mage. With range your stuck in d hides and mage in robes.

Really?

I mage in full Rune, and am still satisfied with the accuracy of my magic attacks. Dragonhide is an option too, since the penalty to magic attack are lower, but with magic attacks as accurate as they are, I don't feel the need.

Of course, I base this on my PvM experience. I have no idea if I would need the magic attack boost granted by Mage armour for PKing (I suspect not, however).

Someone pointed out that in f2p pking, you need R2H to have a k0 ability...

Well, I have a purely range/mage account, which pretty much destroys whoever attacks me at lower crater ::'

[hide= Rest of quoted post]Anyway, I'd surely bet on a maxed ranger/mager, in a fight against a maxed meleer.

Seriously, melee's best armour in offense (Bandos?) is pretty much a fail against an Ice Barrage/Dragon bolts combo...

Although, I'll admit that melee has it's advantages, you got to love the ability of healing with an attack (SGS spec/Guthan).

and it is "Melee", not Melle :XD:[/hide]

Low crater, lower hp. Easier to get a KO.

That's been my personal experience with my range pure anyway.

hzvjpwS.gif

All three are cheap to level you can make your own runes or fletch your own arrows or smith knives... Really melee is the only one your forced into buying the weapon as you cant make any of the good ones. Out of the 3 range is really the easiest to lvl to 99.... Im nearly 97 range and i never train it at all only time i use it is on slayer tasks that make more sense to range then melee.

Wow, this topic still opened?

Dude the other day, I was using Morrigane's Javelin for PvP KO. Dude, I got the mate to 40 HP then one spec got him 35, then the shadow hits of 5, KO'd him in seconds.

Seriously, I think the combat skill that makes the most damage is Ranged (40s with Diamond E, 200s with Ruby...).

Even though the true power is in mixing all the styles

_p3_minato_arisato_signature__by_x0sandylicious0x-d3hnk6v.png