RuneScape + Classmates = Z0MG FAIL!11

Maze

Poll  

1. 1. Poll

Have any of your classmates ever heard you play RuneScape? What happened?

Do you get called a nerd or geek because you play it?

I do. :lol:

Anyways, here's an experience I had during class.

So, we working together on a worksheet and I was telling my friend about how I was PKing and got called a safer for healing at 30 HP. Then, some kid goes, "You play RuneScape?" And I say, "Yeah, got a problem with it? Does it bother you?" He says, "You're like my nine-year-old brother!" And then I say, "So? (insert my friend's name here) plays it too." And he finally says, "You guys are nerds!!!"

--

And that's it! Discuss if something similar happened to you.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No because all my ex-classmates used to play rs :thumbsup:

When I enter to secondary, I was the only guy who plays rs, the rest played wow or lineage :P, but two of them played rs and I was their teacher :lol:

They quit and sometimes ask about the game and what level I am.

davix120.png

Barrows drops: 2 Dharok Helms, 1 Karil top, 1 Verac helm, 2 Guthan helm, 1 Karil skirt

I pro at keeping secrets.

R.I.P Shiva and The Old Nite

Visit My Huge Goals!!! <---- Click This

My Pk Gallery

supdefnubew6.png

GWD: 3x Saradomin Sword, 2x Saradomin Hilt, 2X B Boots, 1x Tasset, 2X B Plate, 2X Shard, 1X D Med

TDs: 3x Solo Claws, 1x Solo Armour Piece

99 Untrimmed HP, 0% Pc'd and before Soul Wars -- Trimmed July 1, 2009

First Untrimmed HP Cape to 96 summon, top 300 to 96 summon

Proud owner of the strength, magic, range, and hitpoints capes.

Spa_Ins/LOLCANADA on IRC.

A number of people at my school know I play RuneScape; no one has ever made fun of me about it though.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

Some of my friends just mock me with 'dude, poor graphics' but then I go 'complex game, awesome systems' they tried it and know it's true, so we just keep talking I talk about RS and he talks about WoW, good talks tbh

_p3_minato_arisato_signature__by_x0sandylicious0x-d3hnk6v.png

I'm pretty sure I and another guy (who I know in-game and irl) are the only two who play RS in our high school. :-#

Tbh, I think WoW is better than RS; but I cba to pay $15 each month when I only get 1-2 hours each day to play, lol.

It'd be more worth it if I had 4-5 hours of free time, but unfortunately, things don't work out that way. :(

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

My close friends play WoW and try their best to make fun of me for playing Runescape. The common argument is "lol graphics," to which I respond, "lol enjoy your simplistic gameplay, inability to switch classes without creating whole new characters, ease of getting to the end game, and monotony."

My girlfriend knows and she likes to joke around and call me a nerd. I hope.

Otherwise, I tell people that I play Runescape. They either don't know what it is or don't care. It's not a secret. I've been playing for eight years and I love this game.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

I think all my friends know, none of em care. Some of my Dungeons and Dragons buddies keep trying to get me to play other MMO's as theyre thoroughly convinced RS sucks and I should go play WoW, but its not like they have a lower opinion of me because of the games I play.

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

Do you hate Wyverns or Warped Terrorbirds? Think again! Misunderstood Monsters!

Want to become a Champion of Champions like I once was? Champion Scroll Guide!

Feeling Bored? List of Sidequests

Rare Drops: Dragon Sq Half : 1, Dragon Med : 2, Dragon Claws : 2, Dragon Legs : 1, Dragon Boots : 60+, Granite Legs: 8

My close friends play WoW and try their best to make fun of me for playing Runescape. The common argument is "lol graphics," to which I respond, "lol enjoy your simplistic gameplay, inability to switch classes without creating whole new characters, ease of getting to the end game, and monotony."

My girlfriend knows and she likes to joke around and call me a nerd. I hope.

Otherwise, I tell people that I play Runescape. They either don't know what it is or don't care. It's not a secret. I've been playing for eight years and I love this game.

About the girlfriend thing... if she isn't joking, maybe she likes nerds. :lol: :thumbup:

On Topic, I actually started the trend of playing RuneScape at my school apparently. Once people found out I played it, it kinda spread. But everyone quit, I'm kinda semi-retired though. I go on maybe once a week.

One guy moved to creating private servers and coding.

One guy moved to World of Warcraft.

The rest quit.

People at my highschool didn't know, but now my friends at Uni, as well as my room mates and house mates know I play. It's not exactly like I can hide Runescape from my room mates =P Not that it matters much, it's a game and it's fun for me =]

EDIT - Signature far exceeds our sig limits but since it's so colourful you can keep it.

Back in sixth grade, there was a kid who used to play it during like free time but now he quit. Noone at my school knows I play RS :-$

League of Legends Referal link: http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4e55a571778d2633364408

"Life is short, and shortly it will end, Death comes quickly which respects no one, Death destroys everything and takes pity on no one"

Drops: 8whips, 28dboots, 1hand cannon, 2 dmeds 3dskirts 2 dbows

99s(in order): Attack Constitution Defence