RuneScape + Classmates = Z0MG FAIL!11

Maze

Poll  

1. 1. Poll

Because playing a game is so nerdy :roll:

If you feel the need to make fun of someone for it, your immature.

If you feel the need to hide it, your immature.

If you hide it you just don't want to deal with the constant garbage from that first group you mentioned.

4455.jpg

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Oscar Wilde

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No one really knows i play but, i don't think they would really care. I would hope people would be mature about it speaking im in college ::' My girlfriend knows and jokingly says im a [bleep], but she doesn't mean anything by it. :lol:

I think all my friends know, none of em care. Some of my Dungeons and Dragons buddies keep trying to get me to play other MMO's as theyre thoroughly convinced RS sucks and I should go play WoW, but its not like they have a lower opinion of me because of the games I play.

So why did you ask me not to tell Clay? Now I have to tell him! Mwahaha

People know that I play, I just don't talk about it, and I explain I only do it when I'm really bored, so its no big deal.

lalalasig2.png

The crowd I hang with (mostly college Computer Scientists, with an age range of between 18 and 35) don't care that I play RS. They've all got their own games and hobbies, and no one questions (or mocks) another person's choice. Of course, by definition, we're all 'nerds' [and I loathe using that word], so that's why there's very, very little to no animosity no matter what MMO you play.

Hell, if you took everyone I knew and asked what games they play, you'd probably run the gambit.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

lol, dont worry i still play and im 21 :shock:

ITS MOD MMG!! GET HIM!!!@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

OMG OMG SAILING IS COMING LOLOLOLOL!!!1111 b/c JAGEX GAMES STUDIO , ANAGRAM OF SAITO JUDGE X-GAMES

TAKASHI SAITO= RED SOX P1TCHER... RED SOX = BOSTON, BOSTON = PORT CITY!!!! PORT CITY = SAILING

Only people I feel it will be of any relevance in telling. The only person at my current school who knows now (all the others switched schools along with most of my friends #-o ) is a kid who plays WoW. Hes a level 47 noob (which isnt as low as it is in rs but I hear level 47 and I think newb)

Several pkers live around me:

Meatwadrulz8

theugly0rgan

S L A

Mang0Tang0

THE A R A B

D1d 1d0that

Kaldoranger

on my first day of high school, meatwadrulz8 ran up to me in the halls of my school and did the dds spec motion and was like KO NOOB. i said "you redbarred me you idiot" ::' .

Xzxpvp7xzx.png

xzxpvp7xzx.png

xzxpvp7xzx.png

2nd troll to 840+ post count.

I and three other friends all stated playing together, back in early early RSC.

And when I get into high school I found out other people played RS too; but the truth was, those other people that did play RS, I didn't like; so I kept RS to my self and my three other friends.

I'm not really embarrassed or secretive of it.

bike.png

Suggest a poll for Tip.it - Here!

If someone heard you talking about PKing and automatically made the connection "PK = RS" that means that they must have knowledge about it so they probably play too. Not only would they be a nerd for playing it, but they're also a hypocrite and too immature to admit it.

Most my friends know I play. They're always on and off with playing RS. One month they play the next they're saying "OMG you still play that?" and the following month they're back to RS.

I honestly don't care about what someone says about me, because when it comes down to it I know I'm better off than them in every way. Anyone that lets people get to them like that needs to re-think their perspective on other people. Anyone who talks down to someone because they play a certain game is a hypocrit :thumbup:

I don't get much said to me about RS anyway, probably because I'm a foot taller than most people in my year and they have second thoughts about ticking me off :lol:

slayermask3.png

A Draconic Guide V1.4, Fimer - Multi-Timer Farming Timer V3.

Dragon Boots: 39|Abyssal Whips: 16|Dark Bows: 1|

Once you get out of Middle school people are more mature -.-

What is this I don't even...

Once you get out of middle school people become violently sociopathic and do anything to put other people beneath them. If that's maturity, then I'll eat my own... Oh wait, it is.

Darn my naivety.

I always told everyone to come join me in playing runescape :P Some would try it out, others would say how bad it looked ( this was at the time fo Classic )

once a dude in my class even had 'a date' with a girl character where they took their armour off and stood on the same square! i laughed my [wagon] of when he told me in class :lol:

i guess i'm the only one still playing, most likely because all the rest grew out of it, i'm 23 :twisted:

ive only ever met 2 people that play and they both quit along time ago, and there is usualy no point mentioning it in conversation people have eitehr never heard of it or think its for young children, so i feel no need to mention, plenty of other games and subjects to talk about.

advertising ftw yes?

69er_is_best.png

GWD solo drops: Armadyl Hilt sold at 63.5m - (More to come hopefully)

If you feel the need to hide it, your immature.

wow. just wow...I beg to differ...

I feel the need to hide it because playing a game like runescape does not up your social status at my school, and i'm sure this goes for most all schools. Especially for me, being a completely social person who goes to parties during the weekend, works out everyday, and in essence being the opposite of being a nerd...I feel no reason why I shouldn't hide it...How the HELL does that make me immature??? honestly?? I hope you respond to this because I'm stumped on how the [bleep] you think that makes me immature... :wall: :x :|

Guess being grown up has its advantages in many ways.

Lets say someone asks me what im doing after work.. And I know I be playing runescape. I say "I probably play my game for a while." Most people dont really gave a damn what I mean but if they ask I dont have a problem telling them its called runescape. (Or possibly something else)

Most the people in my life dont really understand such matters so its easier saying 'game' rather than the name of a game they dont know. No problem telling them though.. I even tell them im ranked within the top 2k players out of 5 million or so.

They are always impressed. :lol: Even if they dont understand it I dont mind. Certain conversations are meant for other people who are in the know. Sometimes they know what 'WOW' is so I explain it is a game like wow; except better gameplay and the graphics arnt quite as good. The gameplay beats it hands down though.

My girlfriend knows about it but doesnt enjoy rpgs much. My ex used to play this game. I aint really worried what people think as its just one hobby of many.

You play Runescape?!?!? lol

Anyway If people asked I would tell them but besides that I see no need it doing so. Don't get annoyed with people calling you names when they generalise you because you play a game, ignore it or laugh with them.

John_Pax.png