Why are we mean to noobs?

Jard_Y_Dooku

Actually, the question you want to ask is "Why has Tipit's community gone so far downhill as to become very unfriendly towards new or younger players?"

My answer would be that all the rejects from the official forums that got banned or need fancy graphics to make themselves look better migrated over here.

You won't find a thread in this place anymore without some idiot trolling around being a slayer nazi or writing fail or +1 after some post.

Tipit 2 years ago and tipit now are unrecognizable, and to be honest I get more out of the official forums these days.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't understand players who are so mean to newbs, but it's OK to be mean to noobs. Newbs are just new players who need help to start their adventures, while noobs are higher-leveled players who constantly ask '5k plz' or 'wanna b my bf/gf?'. Then there are higher leveled players who need help for more difficult things (such as hard quests), they're not noobs or newbs. In fact a majority of RS players belong to this group. Only players who know everything or nothing don't.

And here's some proof that low level isn't the same as a noob.

rsniceplayer.jpg

I think he was around level 50 which is not very high, he said that he could afford full dragon and I believe him. After all, usually players who have a lot of money have played for a long time and speak with a good grammar. Usually noobs sp33k l13k 7h15.

And I guess I know why many players think that low level = noob. The reason is that, to get to a high level you need to play for a long time and because of this high level players are usually older (no 10 year old little kiddies) which also usually means that they speak properly and are nicer to other players.

Mainly because it's frustrating when you're doing something time-consuming, and they randomly appear asking for help. It's really bothersome, especially when you're doing a quest.

On the person dissing the newbie for only having one million is inexcusable, this forum is suppose to be friendly and should congratulate them or not post at all, or maybe this person was doing reverse psychology by trying to make the player earn more then one million gold pieces?

Also, none of them seem to be able to use the knowledge base, if a lot of new players would take their time and try to learn different aspects of the game it would help out indeed. It's probably why there's no longer a tutorial island, and instead a mini-quest since apparently you can't learn without actually doing it anymore.

A noob is simply a noob is someone who simply one who doesn't take the time to actually learn what he is trying to do, and expect just because theirs high levels around him/her, that the high level HAS to help them.

Newbie is different then a noob btw.

A noob is simply anyone who is a lower level than you. Anyone higher level than you has no life.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Its like saying why do you hate "thieves" :)

People who come under the category of noobs are bound to be treated cruelly.

However, if you mean that why people are mean to lower levels, then I think its all about the mindset of player which thinks (example) "Ahh, he is wearing Dragon Med, he must be a noob". Anything out of the box of efficiency makes a player look like a "noob" in an efficient player's eyes. This is obviously not the right mindset to follow. A simple "This item is better than the one your wearing :)" would immediately convert that so called noob into one like you.

I wouldn't dream of keeping only high levels on my list. Any person who can think clearly and is known by me is welcome :)

And then you do have a high population of "immature" players, but its a lot less in P2P.

Thanks..

Lord Shalaj

[99 Woodcutting] [99 Strength][99 Hitpoints]

30db3v5.jpg

"What will come, will come..

..We will have to face it when it does!"

Farming With Profit and VineSweeper Guide

A better method to slay Dagannoths!

PvP drops:

[hide=]1 x Vesta's Chainbody, 3 x Brawling gloves (Melee [1], Range [1], Magic [1])[/hide]

im not normally mean to them but when they start acting like they are gods gift saying ur soo bad i could own you, i dont let it get to me but after a while ...., but the low lvls that dont beg but ask for help, i have no problem with and am happy to help :D

Bobby681.png

Well, last week in the GE, som level 6 guy asked if he could do Icthlarin's Little Helper. A couple of mid-high level people (including me) politely told him that that would almost certainly result in death.

Not everyone is mean at noobs...

Valten_1.png

ily Jard for this topic <3:

I totally agree. I'm sort of getting there on my combat level now. I'm not the newb I used to be, you could say really, but I'm still at the level that gets their [wagon] pwned in combat minigames.

I really hate the word noob, I really do. Lower level =/= noob. It really frustrates me how condecending some players can be. Just because you have a higher level doesn't mean you're any better or any less human than the person you're insulting. Some people act nooby and insulting because they just don't know any better really, they're teenage boys who come from crappy state schools and listen to gangsta wannabe music (Listen 2 ma lingzo, I'm down with the kids ;) ). But seriously, they just don't know any better. I have a 14 year old friend who plays, he doesn't understand that spamming 'borrowin gs' or whatever is annoying, because it's just what other people do.

If someone says 'OMG! I just got like 100k' don't insult them because they're not as l33t as you or whatever -.-

Whenever I make long posts they don't really make much sense outside my mind. #-o

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

I just see it as something to hold against someone if the time comes. It's wrong to go around calling people noobs for the hell of it, but if someone starts something with you then you can call them a noob for a little taste of revenge.

Another thing, people take "noob" way too seriously. It's like the most unoffensive insult in the world. It's not even as bad as jerk.

Noob

Noob

Nooob

noooooooobbb

NOOOOOOOOOOBBBBBBBBBBBBb

You just know they mean it when they say noob, seriously, what they are saying is. (I'm better than you with better stats, and oyu suck and im richer than you, and oyu have no life, and i have a life, and i only play 10 mins a day but im still better than you)

O.O

I wasn't being mean to the guy I was being honest of what he would've expected if people posted on his thread. Also you spelled my name wrong in the paragraph underneith it. :|

Don't you know the first rule of MMO's? Anyone higher level than you has no life, and anyone lower than you is a noob.

People in OT eat glass when they are bored.

When people call other people noobs ingame, they are basically saying they are better than them.

When taken out of context yes. But that mean callin a friend a noob the same thing? or when gratzing someone using the word 'noob' in it? No.

Don't you know the first rule of MMO's? Anyone higher level than you has no life, and anyone lower than you is a noob.

People in OT eat glass when they are bored.

When people call other people noobs ingame, they are basically saying they are better than them.

When taken out of context yes. But that mean callin a friend a noob the same thing? or when gratzing someone using the word 'noob' in it? No.

It isn't the same thing, but we're talking more about why people are mean to lower levels, the term noob just comes up a lot. Unfortunately. -.- The term noob is USUALLY used to insult someone, not always.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

i've very rarely been mean to anybody in runescape. The only people i'll be mean to, are those who are mean to others.

A good example is when im in the castle wars waiing area, i'll se a level 90 walk up to a 50 and say something along the lines of 'go away noob we dont want you on our team'. That kind of attitude angers me so much, i'll usualyl end up going to the higher level persona and call them the noob and tell them to get out of the team.

I don't get why people are so arrogant to lower levls, i always say the phrase 'we were all that level once'

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Because they're annoying as hell.

This. I'm in no way a high level (112 p2p, 105 f2p.) but alot of people do ask me "Can I borrow your X" "Can I have your X" "Buying your X". (Yes, substitute "X" with an item.).

And when you say simpy "No, sorry" You get harassed. "LOL NOOB BORROWED PHAT/GS)". That just pisses me off so so much.

I do dislike when a "high level" will completely ignore you for no reason, just when you're asking a simple quesion or saying hi because you recognise them from tif. Especially when I'm training prayer, currently, I'm 93 prayer. Going to world 31 to use someones altar because I don't have my own you simply ask "Is there any house owners about with a Gilded altar?" or "Need use of a G Altar". Or someone either exits the house they're in to bank or similarly coming from the bank and you ask "Hey, InsertPersonsNameHere, Who's house are you using" And they just completely ignore you.

You say "Why are we mean to noobs?" You, well, maybe not you in particular, make yourself hated. You may be the victim of a noob simply because of something you did on a previous day to them, or were being completely ignorant.

What goes around comes around.

You be nice to others, and you'll see everything change for you.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

Because, ON AVERAGE, noobs are less mature, less intelligent, more whining\begging and more of a jerk if you don't do what they want. Simple as that.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

Because, ON AVERAGE, noobs are less mature, less intelligent, more whining\begging and more of a jerk if you don't do what they want. Simple as that.

Wait untill you do something a person higher level'd than you doesen't want you to do, you'l change your mind.

Higher levels are often verry arrogant, get very moody if you dont do as they say, and will often try to act the more intelligent, when infact they aren't the only reason they look it is because they are the higher level, people around see them as the 'non-noob' and the lower and the 'noob'

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Wait untill you do something a person higher level'd than you doesen't want you to do, you'l change your mind.

Higher levels are often verry arrogant, get very moody if you dont do as they say, and will often try to act the more intelligent, when infact they aren't the only reason they look it is because they are the higher level, people around see them as the 'non-noob' and the lower and the 'noob'

Done plenty of times. I don't find arrogance that annoying (surprise, surprise... I could swear someone will post about the irony -.- ), but I can't stand immaturity\stupidity\begging. Hence why I can't stand most noobs.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

Im not mean to lower levels, unless they are dissrepectful then yeah..Its differnt.

But most of the time im not mean to "noobs"..

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

A kind word and some tips goes a long way. I met a guy a few months ago when I was lvl 83 and he was lvl 20. He said "Man I wish I could afford rune, I'm never gonna be as good as you...". I told him that if he worked at it he could get good.

He's a hell of alot better than I am now :lol:

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.