Mod MMG's Ingame Behind the Scenes

CampbellMC

Over the last few days Mod MMG has been going in his clan chat at nights and answering questions that people ask. I was in there one day and got these few main points and thought you guys may like to see them. He was also in there today but I did not go in, if anyone has the questions he answered today then please post them.

• [*:2d17jfo2]Bounty Hunter - They are still working on this currently, but they are making a lot of progress on it. They aren't just "fixing" the RWT aspects of it, but changing much of the minigame to make it resemble the old wilderness more.

[*:2d17jfo2]The 150th Quest - They ran into a few problems while making this quest, so it is delayed atm, they know that everyone is expecting a big quest here so they are trying to perfect this quest to meet peoples expectations. They have several other quests complete already and ready for release, but they are smaller, and they really want to make people happy with #150. Mod MMG really does not want to release a smaller quest for the 150th that will not be appreciated.

[*:2d17jfo2]Blackmarks - Jagex has made a lot of progress on a new system where blackmarks will automatically degrade over time. Old punishments such as Legacy punishments will be removed, and depending on the severity of the offence they will degrade faster or slower. Also they will ease up on the amount of blackmarks you recieve and the punishments associated with it.

[*:2d17jfo2]Junk Trading - Mod MMG has stated that he does not mind if people use junk trading, as it takes time and effort to make the junk. The most interesting thing is that he stated that they are working on a quest that will drain junk out of the game, and money will be put back into the economy. Since he said that the quest will be released in the future, I do not think this will be #150 or #151 since he did not say it will be the next one, and he already stated that #151 is already complete.

Although we no longer have a Behind the Scenes, we do have him answering questions on future updates which is nearly the same. This put with the Development Diaries that will be released soon means that we do still get a good view of future content.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never knew that he went into his cc and answered questions. Interesting.

I'm not too fussed about BH, Blackmarks and the 150th quest, what really stands out to me is the junk removal quest (as I shall now dub it). My entire bank will finally be worth something ^^

I never considered going to his clan chat, most Jagex Mods make their clan chats friends only.. I bet it gets pretty flooded in it though.

I'm not surprised about the 150th quest though. Although I still think it's a little silly that they're holding back the release of finished quests because of the 150th. But hopefully it means after the 150th quest we'll get a bunch of updates all at once(Wishful thinking though, they'll probably want to spread it out for weeks without updates.).

What do you mean, junk trading, like beer glasses, bronze wire and beads?

Dont forget unstrung bows. :P

Hope they get the 150th quest done soon.

Wonder what the junk quest will be about.

I'm not surprised about the 150th quest though. Although I still think it's a little silly that they're holding back the release of finished quests because of the 150th. But hopefully it means after the 150th quest we'll get a bunch of updates all at once(Wishful thinking though, they'll probably want to spread it out for weeks without updates.).

I think the 151th quest is the Easter quest. ;)

[404] Signature not found.

Considering how Easter is the first week of April (yes yes?), and the event most likely entails a quest, the long awaited 150th can only come out in March (or first week of April...). I hope

The Junk Removal quest sounds exciting, I'd be interested to see the effect this might have on the value of raw materials (Maple logs and Maple Long(U)?)

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

The new CEO is certainly living up to his word so far in regard to being more open with the community and i'm quite impressed with the personal effort he seems to be putting into it.

I hope the BH update helps to eliminates RWT. Though I doubt i'll risk my items for it, I hope they succeed in making it more like the old wild which really had a great element of freedom and unpredictability to it :ohnoes:

And like someone else said about the "junk removing quest", 90% of my bank might have some kind of worth!

4D485FC689.png

4d485fc689.png

4d485fc689.png

Bounty Hunter - Don't care

Blackmarks - I've never had one

I hope the 150th quest comes soon, but I'm really glad they are making sure it's good (even if it means to delay it). I hope they're making it harder ;)

The "Junk" quest sounds like it could be really awesome

bike.png

Suggest a poll for Tip.it - Here!

What do you mean, junk trading, like beer glasses, bronze wire and beads?

Dont forget unstrung bows. :P

Hope they get the 150th quest done soon.

Wonder what the junk quest will be about.

And coifs. Gotta' hate craftin'. -.-

Its great him answering these questions. These are better than the announced ones.

Thought that quest must of had some issues; good to know it from jagex though.

Junk removal quest interests me but sounds a bit odd.

Probably just an NPC at the end of a quest that buys stuff at GE mid or lowest. Much like the rogue trader buys gold jewellrey.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

So, in other words, fletching would be a relatively profitable AND easy to train skill.

Isn't it already? That's why its generally associated as a "noob skill"

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

These aren't exactly a BTS. None of these are necessarily coming out this month. Hopefully, with the 150th quest, that isn't true, but who knows? And I don't like the sound of that Junk Quest. It'll probably be similar to In Pyre Need or the beacon quest. Short and with the only point of it being the reward.

If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

Probably just an NPC at the end of a quest that buys stuff at GE mid or lowest. Much like the rogue trader buys gold jewellrey.

If so, then what will happen to the prices of things like 3a and Spirit Shields that rely on junk for their over inflated prices?

Lugia_Lvl138.png

4x Phat owner: Blue, Green, 2x Purple

3100+ GWD bosses soloed.

Solo GWD Drops:

5 Bandos Plates, 4 Bandos Boots, 3 Bandos Hilts, 2 Arma Helms, Arma Skirt, Arma Plate, 3 Arma Hilts, 4 Zammy Spears, Steam Staff, 15 Sara Swords, 6 Sara Hilts, 29 Shards.

If so, then what will happen to the prices of things like 3a and Spirit Shields that rely on junk for their over inflated prices?
People will have to sell for the fair market value.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

Jagex already said that they're not going to remove junk trading, and that they see no problem with it.

If they make an option to dispose of junk in a way that is better than junk trading, then god forbid (you know?) they give the 99% who don't junk trade something to do with their junk other than sell it to General Stores.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

People will have to sell for the fair market value.

Yup, and the item prices in G.E. will go to where they should be.

The more people that use the G.E., the more correct it becomes.

Instead of just saying "no more junk trades", like the person said above they are giving people the option to get rid of it. Over time it will be a very very good thing.

dawnsigblue-3.png

They can say they aren't going to stop junk trading but then what happens if a Maple longbow (u) goes from having a value of 144 which is currently only tradeable as junk into an object which can be traded to an npc for actual cash. By doing this then if effectively becomes liquid cash itself. Who in their right mind would spend hours making hundeds of thousands of these to use as part of a junk trade when they could swap it for real money? If people continued to use them as part of a junk trade after such a hypothetical update then people would be effectively trading gp for gp. Pointless. Perhaps rares will then be traded though the GE which can then go up or down properly as it was designed for.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi