Jagex working hard or hardly working?

runevirage

We usually get a medium-large update (e.g. quest, minigame or skill-related) about once every 2 weeks. However, it's been 4 weeks since we've had such an update. Soul Wars come out Feb. 10. By next week, it'll be 5. I don't think RS has ever had such an update drought before. I realize they're working on quest 150, mobilizing armies, and possibly a new skill, but don't you think they should be giving out some details on their current developments?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We usually get a medium-large update (e.g. quest, minigame or skill-related) about once every 2 weeks. However, it's been 4 weeks since we've had such an update. Soul Wars come out Feb. 10. By next week, it'll be 5. I don't think RS has ever had such an update drought before. I realize they're working on quest 150, mobilizing armies, and possibly a new skill, but don't you think they should be giving out some details on their current developments?

No.

Ill be excited when new update comes because i had no idea it was coming.

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

How can you play RS with that little patient?

Jagex have told us that there will be more updates, but they will take time. Trust me, they're indeed working hard.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

So a short while without an update means Jagex would be hardly working? You know nothing of what they're doing, and secondly, it would be awkward to hire all those employees and let them do nothing all day.

And yes, it's been explained before why.

Well, the updates this year have been rather poor, getting rid of BTS (because they aren't able to keep up with what they say they're going to come out with). I'm not sure if I want to call it laziness... They probably have some of the rs jagex people working with the mechscape people. I don't believe jagex when they say they have a completely separate team and no one from runescape is working on mechscape.

sotw7bar.png

Well, the updates this year have been rather poor, getting rid of BTS (because they aren't able to keep up with what they say they're going to come out with). I'm not sure if I want to call it laziness... They probably have some of the rs jagex people working with the mechscape people. I don't believe jagex when they say they have a completely separate team and no one from runescape is working on mechscape.

Then you should watch their hiring board, they have tons of new people working on Mechscape.

At any rate, 2 weeks with less updates is a joke. Compare this to a few years ago, when we were grateful for medium size updates once a month.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

Then you should watch their hiring board, they have tons of new people working on Mechscape.

At any rate, 2 weeks with less updates is a joke. Compare this to a few years ago, when we were grateful for medium size updates once a month.

Back then they had less than 100 people working. now they have 400+ people with millions of players. And uh, I still don't believe them :)

sotw7bar.png

Back then they had less than 100 people working. now they have 400+ people with millions of players. And uh, I still don't believe them :)

I partly believe them, I am sure they still have a lot of people working on Runescape. Although, I do think that they are giving more attention to mechscape.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Jagex work hard to keep Andrew's swimming pool topped up with cash.

Great ain't it? Andrew should inspire many people, self made millionaire :thumbup:

Where is Jon in all of this?

They are trying hard, but I think they are being distracted by other things too.

How dare you questions JAGEX!!!!

What a difference a year makes. Last year anyone defending them was cast down like outcasts. This year, we're in March, they've been delivering nothing since the new year, and people are more defensive than Chris Brown in prison.

stormveritas.png

What a difference a year makes. Last year anyone defending them was cast down like outcasts. This year, we're in March, they've been delivering nothing since the new year, and people are more defensive than Chris Brown in prison.

*Family Guy style clip here*

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

It's becuase we've been given reasons for everything right now, most rants are just a lack of research right now.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

They're working on the 150th quest, and Mobilising Armies. They said they had some technical issues with those two. The longer they take, the more sure it is that it will be a great update.

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000