Jagex reaches out to Tip.It Discussion

das

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, if it's just us, I hope you guys are ready for a whole wave of newbs and noobs coming in. :(
commando4403316.gif

Let them come.

This will be the death of OT... I know it...

image.png image.png

Oh yeah, and I've thought of taking babies and throwing them. For funsies. - Lenticular J

ShamanSniper.gif

ShamanSniper.png

"Isn't it pathetic how everything in our society is built around someone screwing someone else out of their money?" - killerbeer0 on American Society

Rebdragon can't wiz a woz.

Jagex contacted Mechscapeworld and provided them with exclusive concept art, and I can't for the life of me figure out why. There's really not much there, just a timeline of domain registering and name copyrighting, with a pinch of speculation. It seems strange that the first website Jagex contacts after years of ignoring them would be that one.

RuneScape fan sites have of course done an incredible job over the years and I am glad that Jagex are reaching out to you guys, but while I understand your sentiment concerning MechScape World I think that your criticism and stance is unfair. While Jagex have the RuneScape Official Forums and Knowledge Base for RuneScape, with fan sites allowing for an alternative to Jagex's offerings, besides one approved thread on RSOF the MechScape fan sites are pretty much the only place for people who want to find out about and discuss MechScape. In fact, the RSOF thread ends up spending much of its time discussing content from MechScape World.

Since day 1 Tip.it and other great RuneScape sites have had plenty of content to work with, specifically the RuneScape game itself. However, for the majority MechScape World's life (and the entirety of Iddison's time as CEO) Jagex refused to even properly confirm the game's existence, let alone give any concrete information. While I can understand Jagex's reasons for doing so it still made our life hard. However, we trusted in them that it would be a good game, and worked very hard to try and make a fan site (and when I started we were the only one) which made the most out of what little we had.

The majority of our content and value is currently in our forums, where we have not just managed to build up a strong community for an unreleased game but have carried out extensive research and analysis. In fact virtually everything people knew about the game was the result of something initially posted by myself or a fellow member of MechScape World (see the 2008 summary, although that doesn't nearly cover it all). We have been posting the latest MechScape news and warning people about scam sites since 2007, and with MechScape being Jagex's upcoming game it makes sense for them to want to work with its leading fan site to give future players a better sense of what their new game will be like.

ren_tbv450.png

Mechscape World (the original MechScape fansite)

Jagex contacted Mechscapeworld and provided them with exclusive concept art, and I can't for the life of me figure out why. There's really not much there, just a timeline of domain registering and name copyrighting, with a pinch of speculation. It seems strange that the first website Jagex contacts after years of ignoring them would be that one.

RuneScape fan sites have of course done an incredible job over the years and I am glad that Jagex are reaching out to you guys, but while I understand your sentiment comment MechScape World I think that your criticism and stance is unfair. While Jagex have the RuneScape Official Forums and Knowledge Base for RuneScape, with fan sites allowing for an alternative to Jagex's offerings, besides one approved thread on RSOF the MechScape fan sites are pretty much the only place for people who want to find out about and discuss MechScape.

Since day 1 Tip.it and other great RuneScape sites have had plenty of content to work with, specifically the RuneScape game itself. However, for the majority MechScape World's life (and the entirety of Iddison's time as CEO) Jagex refused to even properly confirm the game's existence, let alone give any concrete information. While I can understand Jagex's reasons for doing so it still made our life hard. However, we trusted in them that it would be a good game, and worked very hard to try and make a fan site (and when I started we were the only one) which made the most out of what little we had.

The majority of our content and value is currently in our forums, where we have not just managed to build up a strong community for an unreleased game but have carried out extensive research and analysis. In fact virtually everything people knew about the game was the result of something initially posted by myself or a fellow member of MechScape World (see the 2008 summary, although that doesn't nearly cover it all). We have been posting the latest MechScape news and warning people about scam sites since 2007, and with MechScape being Jagex's upcoming game it makes sense for them to want to work with its leading fan site to give future players a better sense of what their new game will be like.

Thank you! Indeed great info for us! :)

rejna.png

- "I am willing to die...I mean try" - Jewelfire (Want to go bossing?)
-"we tried, we cried and we died!" - Limparse (What happens to old farts and tarts on monster-hunts)
- "...and we found out that there are as many ways to get to warriors guild
...as there are elders trying to get there" - Lysi
*snods agely* sorry... *nods sagely* - Brammy

-"Equality is being treated the SAME as everyone else;

not having special treatment and unique things added in to everything." - Sy_Accursed

all im gonna say now is I look forward to it ::'

Excuses are tools of incompetence that builds monuments of nothingness. Those who specialize in excuses never accomplish anything.
If the world does end on December 21, 2012, I want to be doing hot stuff with Megan Fox and/or playing Runescape :D

This good be both a blessing and a curse. Just remember, everything has it's downside. This could possibly come back to hurt us, but oh well, we shall find out.

Sir_Redhead.png

Gained first quest cape on 3/22/09! Gained 99 fishing 5/22/09!

I forgot when I got 99 cooking!

Proud member of Jovial Rovers

I don't think we have to worry about Jagex using the threat of witholding content to leverage us. Were they to do so, we could simply pirate (arrgh, avast me hearties!) the said content from other Jagex-Friendly sites as soon as it comes online there, thereby negating their threat.

In all honestly though, it's a moot point. TB@JT could simply sick their lawyers on us if they really wanted TIF out of buisness, but it would be horrible PR for them, and would cost them buisness.

Orioles8.png asciibacon.jpg

Orioles8.png

mostorganized2.jpg

*~72,749th to 99 Attack on 9 September 2009~*

OH WOW! I thought I'd never see the day when Jagex afflicted with fan sites. It seems like the new CEO is making some good changes.

I just hope the quality of the Tip.it community doesn't suffer because of this partnership.

~ Captainkidd

RuneScape fan sites have of course done an incredible job over the years and I am glad that Jagex are reaching out to you guys, but while I understand your sentiment concerning MechScape World I think that your criticism and stance is unfair. While Jagex have the RuneScape Official Forums and Knowledge Base for RuneScape, with fan sites allowing for an alternative to Jagex's offerings, besides one approved thread on RSOF the MechScape fan sites are pretty much the only place for people who want to find out about and discuss MechScape. In fact, the RSOF thread ends up spending much of its time discussing content from MechScape World.

It was not my intention to imply that your website was a bad website. But after 5 years of ignoring fan sites, even though sites like Tip.It had been running and proven themselves worthy, it seems counter-intuitive, and almost insulting, that the first website they reach out to is one about MechScape, a game that's not even out yet. Not only did they reach out to it, but they lavished attention on it, mentioning it in Twitter updates, providing them with exclusive concept art and interviews. Simply put, I'm jealous.

Hmm, if this is the case, I wonder who they'd give their endorsements to dynamic signatures...

oh wow

rofl ::'

Excuses are tools of incompetence that builds monuments of nothingness. Those who specialize in excuses never accomplish anything.
If the world does end on December 21, 2012, I want to be doing hot stuff with Megan Fox and/or playing Runescape :D

OH WOW! I thought I'd never see the day when Jagex afflicted with fan sites. It seems like the new CEO is making some good changes.

I just hope the quality of the Tip.it community doesn't suffer because of this partnership.

~ Captainkidd

afflicted? it's affiliated, meaning to converse or interact with, were as afflicted means to cause persistent suffering, like a cold or arthritis

edit:i'm sorry for the rudeness. I just meant to correct his mistake.

Proud Ubuntu User!

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people. -Scott Adams

A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.-Emo Phillips

My Blog!

TyrantElf.png

TyrantElf.png

~ Captainkidd

afflicted? can you not spell? it's affiliated, meaning to converse or interact with, were as afflicted means to cause persistent suffering, like a cold or arthritis

Definitions of rude on the Web:

* ill-mannered: socially incorrect in behavior; "resentment flared at such an unmannered intrusion"

* ill-bred: (of persons) lacking in refinement or grace

Don't be rude to other members, it will only ever cause problems. :|

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

RIP Michaelangelopolous

They also really want player feedback on various subjects and we will be starting to get that information for them very soon.

Key words right there... :shame:

@peterfisher

~ Proud member of Mystic Chaos~

And after reading a series of articles by a brilliant young author who shall remain nameless for now, Jagex has started working on the dragon crossbow, a revamped Underground Pass quest and a new six part quest line involving your pet rock :pray:

i must say that is very clever and i would personally love a quest series about the pet rock it gets way too little attention 8-)

~~~legoman187~~~/~~~avid tip.it times reader~~~

Dude, wtf, we made our runescape account at the same time, have them almost named the same "legoman674/legoman187", and got members 3 months apart. hahaha

And I've been waiting for this moment since I first came across Tip.It!!!

"We have nothing to fear but fear itself." ~Franklin D. Roosevelt

But then again, the gay Asian kid we all thought was gonna be an actor turned out to be a rapist. Who knew.
E-cards, the new and improved way to get in someones pants :thumbup:.

:twss:

First Dragon Drop Ever On: February 7, 2009 at 11:45am. Dragon Spear from Black Dragon

"I'll take a hardware store over a gun any day. Guns make you stupid. Better to fight your wars with duct tape. Duct tape makes you smart."