Jagex reaches out to Tip.It Discussion

das

I'm really excited about this partnership. <3: It's nice to see Jagex taking their hats off to fansites -- and not just Tip.It.

As far as fears of being "invaded by RSOF noobs" go, I don't think it'll be that big of a deal -- personally, I think it'd be great to get more members here. At worse, the amount of spam will increase, but as it's been said before, that can be handled by Tip.It mods. At best, however, we'll gain a lot more members with valuable insight, advice, and a different spin on things. I think it's harmful to seperate ourselves by going, "Ew -- you use Rune HQ? Or RSOF? Get out!" The key thing connecting us all is that we're all fans. Why not welcome in more people who love the game as much as we do?

Also, I think it's a bit... pointless to fear that Jagex will "take over" Tip.It. After all, all they really have rights to is the content of their game. They have, and will never have, any right as to what the Tip.It filter, etc., is like -- they don't own this site. That's like saying that Jagex will contact Google and demand that they increase their filter, and block certain words/content from appearing on Google, simply because you can find RuneScape content through their search engine...

Overall, this news really leaves me feeling hopeful. It'll be interesting to see what comes of it.

glut.gif
2tchvHp.png

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And after reading a series of articles by a brilliant young author who shall remain nameless for now, Jagex has started working on the dragon crossbow, a revamped Underground Pass quest and a new six part quest line involving your pet rock :pray:

That sounds awesome, I love pet rocks and a certain pet rock care guide was very useful, a quest-line based around these silent pets will be fantastic.

Underground Pass = most irritating quest, maybe the change'll make it less annoying.

C'mon Jagex hurry up with these updates and make sure we're the first to know about it, but if the RSOF catches wind of this I'll blow Jagex Towers into the ground, seriously hurry up. Jagex had better make this partnership worth our while or the above threat will also apply.

bor_gamewiz.png

bor_gamewiz.png

bor_gamewiz.png

bor_gamewiz.png

You Just Lost The Game

Hello Everyone!

We are proud to announce that we are now involved in a working partnership with Jagex.

While we are still working out details with Jagex, It looks like this will provide our fansite with some unique content for Tip.it

it sounds as if they have some surprises and contributions in store. They also really want player feedback on various subjects and we will be starting to get that information for them very soon.

We hope to announce more in the following days/weeks.

Discuss here. :P

My husband and I love tip it, we dont open Runescape without it. I am so glad there is coming a working relationship between the two.

Diane (Cix) \'

I what way will there be reaching out?

Will they actively involve Tip.it in reflecting, suggesting, discussing what is there (like real-life board meetings)?

Will they lurk about in the forums?

Will they actively search for suggestions and improvements?

And how did they reach out? A mail, a MSN conversation, a letter? I'm curious to its contents as well. :-#

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

is tip.it earning money for this? because if they are then that means more content on site & more staff!

just a thought :roll:

Excuses are tools of incompetence that builds monuments of nothingness. Those who specialize in excuses never accomplish anything.
If the world does end on December 21, 2012, I want to be doing hot stuff with Megan Fox and/or playing Runescape :D

we are not "Earning" anything for this

Our moderator/Crew/tet/irc teams are volunteer based, as are our admin team.

We are here for a love of runescape and tip.it, not to get a pay day

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln

not exactly what i meant

i meant you could have more resource at your disposal to increase content. not to get pay day...

Excuses are tools of incompetence that builds monuments of nothingness. Those who specialize in excuses never accomplish anything.
If the world does end on December 21, 2012, I want to be doing hot stuff with Megan Fox and/or playing Runescape :D

not exactly what i meant

i meant you could have more resource at your disposal to increase content. not to get pay day...

Unless this medicine has me high to the point I have lost my abilty to think logically - I was under the impression you were suggesting we were making money / getting paid for this partnership - and we are not.

This cold does have me grumpy. So i'll go hit the logout button. :P

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln

i meant itd be very nice if you did get paid because that means more content -.-

Good to know that Jagex is finally recognizing the fan community again ^_^

again? or for the first time?

Good to know that Jagex is finally recognizing the fan community again ^_^

again? or for the first time?

Jagex linked to fansites and posted on tip.it back in 2001.

ah just wondering...

It's a nice recognition of all the hard work that went into Tipit over the years. However, promising specific content to websites, *will* give Jagex leverage over those sites.

Remember when Jagex wanted Tipit and other sites to hold back on posting the quest walkthrough for Mournings End II soon after its release? Now Jagex would actually have leverage over those websites by with-holding (or threaten to with-hold) content to those sites. It's something to keep in mind.

DutchDreams.png

I didnt really get it but are Jagex picking ONLY Tip.It? Not Tippy and RHQ and all the others, just us?

Also, if it's just us, I hope you guys are ready for a whole wave of newbs and noobs coming in. :(

I dont need a siggy no moar.

I didnt really get it but are Jagex picking ONLY Tip.It? Not Tippy and RHQ and all the others, just us?

Also, if it's just us, I hope you guys are ready for a whole wave of newbs and noobs coming in. :(

i agree to a point... -.-

So, I've been wondering...

Jagex recently stated that we can discuss Mechscapeworld ingame.

There is currently a ban on naming RuneScape fansites, but it would be awesome if we were notified that we could mention Tip.It ingame.

I may be mistaken, but I've always been under the impression that MENTIONING fan sites is permitted. You can say "Yeah I was reading Tip.it the other day and..." or "I use the Tip.it quest guides," etc. What you CAN'T do is parade around saying "GO TO TIP.IT FOR RUNESCAPE HELP!!!" That's advertising, and that's what Jagex doesn't want.

I can verify that.

rejna.png

- "I am willing to die...I mean try" - Jewelfire (Want to go bossing?)
-"we tried, we cried and we died!" - Limparse (What happens to old farts and tarts on monster-hunts)
- "...and we found out that there are as many ways to get to warriors guild
...as there are elders trying to get there" - Lysi
*snods agely* sorry... *nods sagely* - Brammy

-"Equality is being treated the SAME as everyone else;

not having special treatment and unique things added in to everything." - Sy_Accursed

Tripsis answer this earlier on this thread:

Several fan sites have been contacted by Jagex. I don't know if we're all getting the same 'service' or 'goodies' or 'treatment' or whatever. But we are not the only fan site that Jagex has contacted.

rejna.png

- "I am willing to die...I mean try" - Jewelfire (Want to go bossing?)
-"we tried, we cried and we died!" - Limparse (What happens to old farts and tarts on monster-hunts)
- "...and we found out that there are as many ways to get to warriors guild
...as there are elders trying to get there" - Lysi
*snods agely* sorry... *nods sagely* - Brammy

-"Equality is being treated the SAME as everyone else;

not having special treatment and unique things added in to everything." - Sy_Accursed

It's a nice recognition of all the hard work that went into Tipit over the years. However, promising specific content to websites, *will* give Jagex leverage over those sites.

Remember when Jagex wanted Tipit and other sites to hold back on posting the quest walkthrough for Mournings End II soon after its release? Now Jagex would actually have leverage over those websites by with-holding (or threaten to with-hold) content to those sites. It's something to keep in mind.

Also, they're doing this with many fansites. So non-compliance means you fall behind them.
If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

Tripsis answer this earlier on this thread:

Several fan sites have been contacted by Jagex. I don't know if we're all getting the same 'service' or 'goodies' or 'treatment' or whatever. But we are not the only fan site that Jagex has contacted.

Jagex contacted Mechscapeworld and provided them with exclusive concept art, and I can't for the life of me figure out why. There's really not much there, just a timeline of domain registering and name copyrighting, with a pinch of speculation. It seems strange that the first website Jagex contacts after years of ignoring them would be that one.