Jagex reaches out to Tip.It Discussion

das

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's great to see them reaching out like this. I suspected that they've at least been watching us ever since Mod Jon H showed up at the TET Bandos trip and talked about having read about it on Tip.it. My hat is off to TB@JT for the first time since... well... wow, it's been awhile.... JK guys you do excellent work =)

Orioles8.png asciibacon.jpg

Orioles8.png

mostorganized2.jpg

*~72,749th to 99 Attack on 9 September 2009~*

I'd just like to express a concern I have. This may have already been mentioned, but I don't know for sure. I'm worried that Tip.It might change the way they do things because of this partnership. They might not do things they normally would have done and they might make things more sterile here in order to preserve their partnership. Will we need to start censoring words that are censored on RuneScape? Will staff stop criticizing Jagex as much? I'm not saying that they'll do this on purpose, but subconsciously, they might be more reserved than before the partnership. Also, I'm not sure if I want Tip.It to be advertised on the RuneScape website... It could really deal a serious blow to this website's maturity level...

This is where we post things to send to jagex?

-What is happening with the Museum Barge?

-When will we be getting a Development Diary?

-Are there any recent hidden updates, and if so hints please? (shadow sword)

-Rise of the Red Axe been forgotton, but will a new mod take the story up?

-On that note is the elf quest in development, if so, how far?

(If it isn't it's already too late)

(I had (stole) another idea from neopets where monsters invade a city and everyone works together to defeat them but it's too complex with a 3-D environment)

1yrb49.jpg

I'd just like to express a concern I have. This may have already been mentioned, but I don't know for sure. I'm worried that Tip.It might change the way they do things because of this partnership. They might not do things they normally would have done and they might make things more sterile here in order to preserve their partnership. Will we need to start censoring words that are censored on RuneScape? Will staff stop criticizing Jagex as much? I'm not saying that they'll do this on purpose, but subconsciously, they might be more reserved than before the partnership. Also, I'm not sure if I want Tip.It to be advertised on the RuneScape website... It could really deal a serious blow to this website's maturity level...

Interesting post, my thoughts on your worries is that the staff and writers that voice themselves so openly will continue to do so.

Not knowing details, my mind leads to the question, why would the want to change us? The fact is they can't. We are who we are.

Some may worry about the influx of "noobs" from RSOF but what about the other 50% of respected posters? Imagine if they came here where they are not limited to lame 2000(? forget exact) posts and no images. I see a bright side to it. The moderators will watch for spam (if this influx happens in first place, I have no idea of details) and things will be taken care of.

While I am skeptic overall, I am definitely looking forward to the interesting road ahead of Tip.It as a whole.

nodiehytnew.png
RIP Michaelangelopolous
Thanks to cowboy14 for the pimp sig!

I think Psycho_Robot have legit concerns, but I don't necessarely agree with them.

I think that a cooperation between Jagex and fansites may be a way to clean up a few of those bad and shifty sites out there, that are not real fansites at all. Sites that are merely out to steal accounts, keylogg unsuspected players and other nasty things. If - and I say if with reservation - Jagex decide to advertise a handfull of the good fansites out there (us included of course) that may help big time against those websites.

I see more "pro's" then "con's", in such a cooperation to be honest.

rejna.png

- "I am willing to die...I mean try" - Jewelfire (Want to go bossing?)
-"we tried, we cried and we died!" - Limparse (What happens to old farts and tarts on monster-hunts)
- "...and we found out that there are as many ways to get to warriors guild
...as there are elders trying to get there" - Lysi
*snods agely* sorry... *nods sagely* - Brammy

-"Equality is being treated the SAME as everyone else;

not having special treatment and unique things added in to everything." - Sy_Accursed

This is pretty sweet

Finally on here to update that I have officially quit! It's been fun.
[hide=Signature]
Gandalf14141.png
R.I.P Billy Mays and <3 My Friend C.D.S 7/8/09 <3
60,816th to 99 Fletching 03/07/09|220,309th Person to be Able to Kill Dusties 10 Year Cape on 12/20/14[/hide]

grammar2gr8dx.png

Interesting post, my thoughts on your worries is that the staff and writers that voice themselves so openly will continue to do so.

Not knowing details, my mind leads to the question, why would the want to change us? The fact is they can't. We are who we are.

Some may worry about the influx of "noobs" from RSOF but what about the other 50% of respected posters? Imagine if they came here where they are not limited to lame 2000(? forget exact) posts and no images. I see a bright side to it. The moderators will watch for spam (if this influx happens in first place, I have no idea of details) and things will be taken care of.

While I am skeptic overall, I am definitely looking forward to the interesting road ahead of Tip.It as a whole.

You're right on a number of counts. The spammers and flamers will certainly be dealt with by the Tip.It moderators, something which slipped my mind when voicing my concerns earlier. I'm sure that the Jagex Moderators and the forum moderators try their best, but the presence of the Tip.It moderator team is 10-fold what their presence is. Also something else I thought of that I hadn't before is that most of these immature players that I'm worried about probably won't even come to our forums. They'll just use the website quest guides or databases. Still, this a prospect that makes me uncomfortable.

I'm still worried that Jagex will try to change the way we do things around here. I hope the Tip.It staff will have the courage to say "No" to Jagex, even if it means risking the partnership.

ive been using tip.it for years now...

itll be interesting to see what happens -.-

Excuses are tools of incompetence that builds monuments of nothingness. Those who specialize in excuses never accomplish anything.
If the world does end on December 21, 2012, I want to be doing hot stuff with Megan Fox and/or playing Runescape :D

Jagex will not demand us or require us to change anything we do here, this includes our articles.

They want us to maintain our identity.

I want us to maintain our identity. I wouldn't compromise our rules we have now easily. ;)

As a result we will maintain our identity.

I think they are doing something like sunli mentioned. Highlighting preferred fansites to get people away from bad ones.

We have lots of mods, if we get more users, we will handle it, if the userbase outgrows our moderator team, we can easily take more moderators in to help, after all we have a very deep pool of users where moderators etc could be drawn from if need be.

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln

Jagex will not demand us or require us to change anything we do here, this includes our articles.

I want us to maintain our identity. I wouldn't compromise our rules we have now easily. ;)

So we don't have to change our filter. Sweet.

Just as long as the RSOF doesn't come here, this looks epic win.

MR. OCTOPUS BEARD DISAGREES!

30259it.jpgNo, THAT's what she said.

Wanna know how to keep an idiot busy? Read below.

Wanna know how to keep an idiot busy? Read above.

[hide=OMG DRAGON KITESHIELD IN-GAME!!!!]rickrollad5.png

Never gonna give you up...[/hide]

I cant use a chair, evidence that Lucien's men are sitting on them.

To Psycho Robot:

Will staff stop criticizing Jagex as much?

I would hope that any criticism of how Jagex runs Runescape would be constructive from team members, and from general forum members as well. Which is normally the case, unlike the Official Forums which generally consist of "we wantz wildy back pl0x".

asrhasrh.jpg

I do not think that Jagex would try to do this, and even if they did, I don't think that Tip.it would necessarily comply. We already strictly enforce all of the RuneScape rules and I don't see a reason for Jagex to want to 'interfere' on anything as long as we do that. Jagex does not own Tip.it and if Jagex started trying to interfere that much, I hope that our admins would have the sense to confront them about it. But again, I do not think that Jagex would do anything like that. I do not see their desire to become involved with fan sites as an attempt to take over or influence them, but an attempt to form bonds with RuneScape communities.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

two months ago if i would've seen this, i would've been skeptical, but i'm betting that it'll probably come true now with mmg

sounds exciting

croppedskill2ph6.png

621st person to achieve 99 slayer on December 3rd, 2007

177th person to 99 summoning on June 21st, 2008

Just as long as the RSOF doesn't come here, this looks epic win.

I really don't think we'll have a problem if alot of RSOF people come here. Mods here are alot faster to things (from what I see at least), and also we have the report button, which they don't on posts (they need to use the general report sticky). In addition Mods here will hand out Bans alot easier than Jagex will on the RSOF, so I really see any rule breaking as a short lived thing.

sgsagssighe6.jpg

the trick is to balance all of these methods to get 99 and either play real life or train another skill while farming.

635th to 99 Farming 12/16/07

So we don't have to change our filter. Sweet.

Yeah. I really like our filter XD

This is sounding more and more epic by the moment :D

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

We wnt wildy back plz&&&!

..Nah Im joking

Sounds good and it would be better for jagex to highlight a few good fansites to stop users going onto some of the erm... bad ones?

Just wondered which sites were contacted..

Awesome news! :D

This can only be beneficial for Tip.it and I'm sincerely happy. But I still have a bit of a grudge to hold so allow me to vent.

Here's some pre-emptive feedback for Jagex:

YOU'RE A BUNCH OF HYPOCRITS THAT RAN OUT OF ORIGINAL IDEAS

You lost money due to macroers/cheaters so you took out real world trading. You were scared of merchants so you created construction to funnel out all that excess gp in the world. When that didn't work you created the Grand Exchange. Now you control the whole economy of Runescape don't you? This was then followed by the abolishment of the Wilderness to ensure there was no cheaters, therefore giving you more money. You then jacked up the prices of membership to make up for the fact that everyone quit. More people quit and as a last ditch effort, you agreed to listen to the pleas of your loyal fans. This resulted in Summoning as well as many otehr over powered BS that only the imagination of a preteen could come up with. In an attempt to recapture the attention of the public you decided to make F2p life not only easier, but full of much more content. You gave us more bankspace, new quests, and even minigames. I had fought for months upon months for these updates, but you never listened. It took until you ruined the game and forced thousands to quit to realize that you had to start listening. I am very agitated about all of this.

That being said, I'd like to start a new leaf with Jagex.

I am grateful for the creation of Runescape, and very glad you are indeed listening to feedback now. It's very appreciated. Especially the F2p stuff. I'd love to see more of that.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Addressing the question of whether Tip.it will change, I cannot help but remember an article several years ago that caused, Andrew I believe?, to threaten to sue this site if it was not removed. I believe it was "Biased Bannings Raise Brows."

Now imagine that they actively monitor the forums as well.

If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?