Seers' Journal: 1st Edition - Formerly the Gielinor Tribune

unorclan

Could you put up a plain text/rich text version somewhere, cos i dont rly feel like loading god knows how many images to read this.

And also put a warning sign for dialup users? =x

A text version is available at the the bottom of the first page ;)

my bad, sry lol. lost the balls to load that far after seeing all the pics. ty anyway (:

Excellent read tbh.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice articles.

I do hope they restore the agility course back to what it was originally, since I was looking forward to having fun falling repeatedly in an empty, quiet room where almost nobody could see me.

8f14270694.jpg

i believe that god wars listed as the 10th most important even is a massive understatement, as far as these first ones go it should be #5 so far. godwars resulted in the massive gain in money and also the massive dumping of money into wepons and armour. untill godwars(excluding 3rd age) the highest armor got was the d chain at 15m and the whip was >2m for the best wepon in game. godwars is the whole reason the rare market is crashing and burning. ppl would rather have a 65m wepon with 40m in armour than a purple hat anyday.

Y_Z.png

While I understand the need for a sidebar, that has to be the most annoying way to chop up articles I have ever seen.

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln

While I understand the need for a sidebar, that has to be the most annoying way to chop up articles I have ever seen.

We're working on it flowing better so you can use the sidebar much easier for future editions.

Maybe we can work something out with the Admins to help make it work easier.

unorclanpixelsigzu1.png

Thanks to the amazing talent of Jopie211 for the sig!

Finest Fist of Guthix Strategy Guide

We're working on it flowing better so you can use the sidebar much easier for future editions.

I'll admit it is clunky as hell in its current format, but with your or some other administrator's help in installing two simple BBcodes, this could function 1000x better. Could I PM you or someone else about this?

rawr.png

Truthscape Lover

That was a good read. I enjoy it way more than the previous Gielinor Tribune.

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

Do you hate Wyverns or Warped Terrorbirds? Think again! Misunderstood Monsters!

Want to become a Champion of Champions like I once was? Champion Scroll Guide!

Feeling Bored? List of Sidequests

Rare Drops: Dragon Sq Half : 1, Dragon Med : 2, Dragon Claws : 2, Dragon Legs : 1, Dragon Boots : 60+, Granite Legs: 8

Hmm, I wouldn't force something that isn't working already. But, that is obviously a tech admin thing.

I talked to das, we do have a few ideas to pass by you guys. ;)

Enjoyed the interview. Forsakenmage is pretty awesome.

nodiehytnew.png
RIP Michaelangelopolous
Thanks to cowboy14 for the pimp sig!

That was a good read, well done! =D>

I understand now where Jagex has gone wrong with the Bandos Agility Course now, they've completely forgotten about the failure rates and the consequences of failing any obstacle (you have to start again from scratch) when comparing with the Ape Atoll course (where most failures only set you back a few obstacles, if any).

You'd think after seeing the calculation on how many roosters it would take to kill TzTok-Jad, they'd be capable of working out the xp rates for agility courses, with all factors taken into account. Some of them seem to have the mathematical ability of a Mountain Troll at times. :|

~ W ~

sigzi.png

I look forward to hearing those ideas odie. I swear it's not a big thing. Actually, most of tip.it would probably never even notice the difference unless you told them it was added. It could be very handy for guides though, where you want to refer someone to a specific concept later on in a page, allowing you to define something for someone interested without going on about it for someone not interested.

Sure you've got that in hide tags, but it often makes for far better organization if you can be allowed to put those concepts where you want them, if that makes any sense at all. These are the codes for anyone interested.

[hide=The two custom BBcodes]The custom bbcode: Anchor

BB language:

[anchor]{IDENTIFIER}[/anchor]

Code behind it:

{IDENTIFIER}

and

The custom bbcode: Go-to

BB language:

[goto={IDENTIFIER}]{TEXT}[/goto]

Code behind it:

[/hide]

Anyways, thanks will. It really surprised me too after considering their mathematical brilliance in other cases. They were just plain lazy in calculating the Bandos course nerf.

rawr.png

Truthscape Lover

I talked to das, we do have a few ideas to pass by you guys. ;)

Sounds good, we'd love for this to work a lot better so any good ideas we'll take.

Glad everyone is enjoying the edition! We only plan to become better and better with each publication. ::'

unorclanpixelsigzu1.png

Great Job on all the articles!

I missed the tribune when it left, Nice to see it back!

Cant wait for the top 5 interesting things!

Yes, the top 5 are definitely the best! We sure are glad to be back :thumbsup:

unorclanpixelsigzu1.png

Great Job on all the articles!

I missed the tribune when it left, Nice to see it back!

Cant wait for the top 5 interesting things!

I can vouch for unorclan in confirming that! It gets far better in the top five, earthpoet did great there! :thumbsup:

rawr.png

Truthscape Lover

SirHartlar forgot the most important passive money-maker.

FARMING!

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

Farming is a great passive money maker, but I do also agree, I would like to read the top 5 updates. Right now it is looking bleak to me, but I hope you guys surprise me.

I do hope the coding is fixed, I couldn't stand reading the images, so I read the text only version.

Glad to see you guys back, keep up the good work.

A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

optimizedbrokenmirrorpn.jpg

wow ive never seen any newspaper on tip it like this its very unique keep up the good word it was amazing in my opinon over 9000 out of well over 9000

Thank you very much - next edition plans to be released April 4th! Hope everyone is looking forward to it, because we sure are!

unorclanpixelsigzu1.png