Jagex gives banned accounts a 2nd chance.

runevault

Old news are old.

Besides

....How do this help if the Account is Banned? They cant post on the forums! >.<

I believe that you are supposed to do it on another account, perhaps their way of telling if you are a dedicated (and for the most part) paying member?

Cunning... Pay $5 for account review...

You can go on the forums with an f2p account now, if you meet the requirement.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is BS. They got banned because they broke the rules. They should not get any more chances. And besides, it doesnt only take one offence to get banned it takes a few. This means that thgey broke the rules more than once. Its really not fair to have those rule breakers get their accounts back. Total BS!

That's like giving everyone in real life a death sentence automatically. Not making any difference between rapists and guys that got wasted, started sleeping in the street because he just heard his wife was pregnant.

I believe the people who do not look beyond past mistakes, not being able to grant redemption, to be extremely dumb and short-sighted people. I just do. Means you literally do not think about these things at all and just judge based on the very few information you have.

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

but then again how many of them will just break the rules again?

They already had the same opportunity to break the rules again by creating a new account. Banning people doesn't serve as a means to throw rule breakers out of the game - it serves as a punishment of taking something special away from them (the work they contributed to their account) in order to try preventing them from breaking rules again on their new account.

Old news are old.

Besides

....How do this help if the Account is Banned? They cant post on the forums! >.<

I believe that you are supposed to do it on another account, perhaps their way of telling if you are a dedicated (and for the most part) paying member?

Which would need you to have an f2p account around with 12.5m xp to appeal with. Everyones got one of those :roll:

Jammy2222.png

i don't agree with people who are dissing rulebreakers.

we were all 11 years old once, whether or not we played runescape at that time, we all were.

just because i used a macro program for 95k mage exp doesn't mean i don't deserve my old main back- i've remained faithful to jagex for almost three years since the ban, and i have .8 blackmarks on this account. i obviously deserve a second chance.

my last chance appeal:

jagex:

i was recently put on a perm ban for macroing, i take credit in this offence.

however;

this guy is lvl 86 w/ over a 1200 ttl lvl, i macroed for 1.5 magic levels, an

d stopd after i noticed it was unfair and dumb 2 do, i DID stop after a few h

ours

i have learned from this bad mistake(istoppedb4myaccountwaslocked), u can mut

e me, ban me from the forums, plz give me 1 lastchance2enjoyurgame!

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

this is becoming a joke abuse the system get rewarded well jagex i have 1.6 mill exp to total max please create a agility bug i will abuse knowing that the worst that can happen is a temp ban...... send out the right message. before you create a bug that will destroy peoples confidence in you and the game

Important note

Due to the harmful nature of the following offences, accounts that have been banned because of these offences will not be returning to game.

* No account banned for Hijacking will be unbanned.

* No account banned for Bug Abuse will be unbanned.

i don't agree with people who are dissing rulebreakers.

we were all 11 years old once, whether or not we played runescape at that time, we all were.

just because i used a macro program for 95k mage exp doesn't mean i don't deserve my old main back- i've remained faithful to jagex for almost three years since the ban, and i have .8 blackmarks on this account. i obviously deserve a second chance.

Yes it does. I find it hard to believe you "only" macroed 95k mage exp.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Why is everyone spazzing out. If you read it explicitly says that they will be reviewing some cases, not including bug abuse and hijacking. So this means the guy who PKed in Falador won't be coming back, or the guy who got 2200 total through a bug.

Reading isn't bad all the time ya know. -.-

"A time comes when silence is betrayal" MLKJ

Speak your mind, but be civil.

Get mad, but do not rage.

Do unto others as you would want done to yourself.

"]doughnutt.jpg

Follow the doughnut to my blog! :D

Old news are old.

Besides

Which would need you to have an f2p account around with 12.5m xp to appeal with. Everyones got one of those :roll:

Read the post.

3. Please feel free to post about other peoples accounts if theres no alternative.

You can get a friend or even a TIF'er to post on your behalf if you have no other alternative.

hzvjpwS.gif

This is BS. They got banned because they broke the rules. They should not get any more chances. And besides, it doesnt only take one offence to get banned it takes a few. This means that thgey broke the rules more than once. Its really not fair to have those rule breakers get their accounts back. Total BS!

Actually I know many people who have been permanently banned from one offense and it was something stupid like offensive language.

Breaking the rules is Breaking the rules. Sin is sin no matter how small. Its all the same.

You are am idiot. Please die in a fire.

This is how new phats come into the game. I bet a good few hundred old accounts packin heaps of phats come back into the game.

People deserver a second chance. Anyone who doesn't think someone can change after a few years has no place in a civilized society.

Fools_Taco.png

If someone could put "blood argon" on the names list, it would be much appreciated

Think we've forgotten? :roll: :lol:

This seems like a good move by jagex, but I wonder how they determine who was unfairly banned and who wasn't. I also wonder how many people have been unfairly banned.

sigh.png

If someone could put "blood argon" on the names list, it would be much appreciated

Read the thread again. They're not giving second chances to idiots who maliciously cheated, Blood Argon being one of those.

Its been a fun time here, cheating over the years, and it wasnt always about the game. I actually learned 90% of my java from running a private server for about two years, and creating the java based macros. Big learning experience.

Get out. Now.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

My old account got perm muted for autoing for using swiftswitch (buying runes at port sarim for cheap, hopping, repeat) years ago, even though is was perfectly legal at the time, and previous to that I was in the green zone. People DO get unfairly muted/banned. If you don't know what you're talking about, don't talk.

quit

When I went away to college my first account, Skiwee was left to the wayside as playing Runescape nearly caused me to loss my scholarships. I quit playing and 3 years later decided that it might be fun to see how everything had changed. I came back and tried to access my account. Long story short, I went through the normal channels trying to get my password back only to be met with a response that said, "We are no longer taken requests for this account..." I had not done anything wrong and to this day have no idea what happened.

Recently however I applied for the password again, on a whim and got the password back. I have come to find that the account has a legacy against it, and a more recent permanent ban. I really hope that the review thread will help me get my account back.

Kiettaro.png

090108162337qa2zd0.png

I would have to agree.

They get their second chance after their first blackmark. Once you make one offense, you don't get banned unless it was a huge bug abuse (which they aren't helping you with). You get a number of blackmarks. If you decide to say, "ok they caught me this time, but not next time", guess what? You just lost your second chance.

Sure people get unfairly muted/banned. That's what the appeal mute/ban this is for though. If you didn't tell Jagex how unfair your punishment was in your appeal, that's your own problem. If you used Swiftswitch when it was legal, and got banned, well then you better have told Jagex that in your appeal. If you didn't, your mistake...

I would have to agree.

They get their second chance after their first blackmark. Once you make one offense, you don't get banned unless it was a huge bug abuse (which they aren't helping you with). You get a number of blackmarks. If you decide to say, "ok they caught me this time, but not next time", guess what? You just lost your second chance.

Sure people get unfairly muted/banned. That's what the appeal mute/ban this is for though. If you didn't tell Jagex how unfair your punishment was in your appeal, that's your own problem. If you used Swiftswitch when it was legal, and got banned, well then you better have told Jagex that in your appeal. If you didn't, your mistake...

Sure, i have been muted loads of times. Times when i just got so angry i had to insult the person annoying me. But i took full responsibility for my action. I realised that what i did was wrong and now i havent been muted for 5months (mashallah). I reached a points were i knew that if i kept this up i would get banned or perm muted so i decided to stop. Its a choice between good or bad. I chose the good path. Those who get caught and decide to just do it again deserve what they get. Its like walking into a glass door. The first time you might not have seen the glass, but the second time you know its there but for some reason you still try and pass. You have to realise that youre going to keep knocking your head. so just stop.

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

**Thanks to Boo_Boy666 for my amazing Singnature**

[hide=Slaytanicc's Achievments]|99Cooking achieved 24Dec 2008|99Strength achieved 17Feb 2009|99Hit Points achieved 8April 2009|

|99Defense achieved 29May 2009|99Attack achieved 2August 2009|99Ranged achieved 14August 2009|[/hide]

[hide=Guides by Slaytanicc]Aviansie Maging + Ranging Guide (Must Read!!)

Iron Mining + Banking Guide

Green Dragons Guide

Ankou Slaying Guide[/hide]

People deserver a second chance. Anyone who doesn't think someone can change after a few years has no place in a civilized society.

I agree that people deserve a second chance but should they get the spoils of their offence back?

Without the ability to remove the unfarily gained xp/items then letting people back in feels a bit dodgy to me

jagexvote.png :thumbsup:

[url=http://www.computerandvideogames.com/joystick/vote.php][img=http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q265/mr_moocky/jagexvote.png][/url]

There are so many flawed arguments out there. How is it not right to give people a second chance. Your basically claiming that you are the perfect player who never makes a single mistake. No one is perfect. This system is not going to suddenly unban players who broke the more serious rules. It will remove blackmarks from plays who broke petty rules and thus they do deserve a second chance. I can't believe the arrogance of some players who are against this system. When people break the law in real life, they go to prison, serve their punishment and are then released. The more serious rule breakers stay locked up for a longer amount of time, even up to life. But those that broke petty rules will be released once more. I like to think that in a game, people do learn from their mistakes as they mature more. I am astonished that a small band of players think that just because you have a blackmark, it means that you should be almost like an "outcast" for the rest of your gaming career. It's almost as if some players believe that because they are good, they deserve to be rewarded and they have the moral high ground over those minor rule breakers. I disagree with that. I think everyone deserves a second chance. No one has the right to say other players don't have that right.

We are talking about runescape accounts here not convicted child rapists. Everyone (and i mean everyone) as far as i am concerned deserves a second chance at this game.

I was under the impression that that's what the last chance system, already in place, was for.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png