Respectable 99?

GlowinRedM

glowin_red_m.png

Alright, so after getting 70 defense I want to go out and get a "respectable" 99 skill. I've always wanted to go and get some 99, but I'm always kind of afraid of burning out.

So my question is:

For what I have now, which would be a somewhat quick 99 that I could get from my levels?

How can I prevent from burning out on doing this?

(oh and the QP aren't true :P)

Novite_Mike.png

The corp beast, is, well, just a corp beast. He doesnt even have any friends.

[spoiler=Other Quotes]tbh idk why this makes me laugh so hard

All DFS threads turn into efficiency flame wars >.>

>OP asks "why use DFS?"

>everyone says "there is no reason"

>someone says "stop bashing people who use DFS, efficiency troll ass clown"

>thread is now a flame fest

Just keep on training melee there the most respectable 99s most quick ones like fletching, fire making, cooking, and thieving arn't most respectable.

Firemaking's quite respectable. You can't just burn-x.

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

Firemaking is also pretty easy.

I really wonder why people care about what other people think of their 99s, other than the top 3 easy ones, and combat ones, of course. I mean, get what you want.

I dont need a siggy no moar.

glowin_red_m.png

Alright, so after getting 70 defense I want to go out and get a "respectable" 99 skill. I've always wanted to go and get some 99, but I'm always kind of afraid of burning out.

So my question is:

For what I have now, which would be a somewhat quick 99 that I could get from my levels?

Tut tut tut. You already made your first mistake. Respectable and quick dont fit together. You can't expect a quick espectable 99 unless you have a few hundred million. As for your question, i would get Herblore. If you do herblore and farming together you could get it to 99 and make profit.

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

**Thanks to Boo_Boy666 for my amazing Singnature**

[hide=Slaytanicc's Achievments]|99Cooking achieved 24Dec 2008|99Strength achieved 17Feb 2009|99Hit Points achieved 8April 2009|

|99Defense achieved 29May 2009|99Attack achieved 2August 2009|99Ranged achieved 14August 2009|[/hide]

[hide=Guides by Slaytanicc]Aviansie Maging + Ranging Guide (Must Read!!)

Iron Mining + Banking Guide

Green Dragons Guide

Ankou Slaying Guide[/hide]

Get a non-purchasable skill. Like woodcutting, Fishing and Mining. There well respected and MAKE money along the way.

I agree 100%

Along those lines I like hunting too, although it may not hold the respect that the above mentioned do.

chris_924.png

Thanks for all of the responses :)

I liked the idea about getting the Quest cape first, and to get that I need to raise most of my stats up just a LITTLE higher.

Now for my other question, how can I not burn out and start to hate the skill as I do it?

Novite_Mike.png

The corp beast, is, well, just a corp beast. He doesnt even have any friends.

[spoiler=Other Quotes]tbh idk why this makes me laugh so hard

All DFS threads turn into efficiency flame wars >.>

>OP asks "why use DFS?"

>everyone says "there is no reason"

>someone says "stop bashing people who use DFS, efficiency troll ass clown"

>thread is now a flame fest

Thanks for all of the responses :)

I liked the idea about getting the Quest cape first, and to get that I need to raise most of my stats up just a LITTLE higher.

Now for my other question, how can I not burn out and start to hate the skill as I do it?

Have patience. Do something else when you feel like you're getting bored. Find out what the most efficient way of training is.

glowin_red_m.png

So my question is:

Tut tut tut. You already made your first mistake. Respectable and quick dont fit together. You can't expect a quick espectable 99 unless you have a few hundred million. As for your question, i would get Herblore. If you do herblore and farming together you could get it to 99 and make profit.

Not true, agility is 55k an hour at ape toll with super energy potions. Its a fast 99. the question is, do you have the patience to run in circles for a few weeks?

And i recomend you watch movies in a little window beside the runescape window while you play. Distracting yourself is the best way to make it to a 99. I watched all 10 seasons of stargate sg1 while i got 99 fishing.

Fools_Taco.png

You should try getting 99 Slayer/Runecraft/Agility/Fishing/Mining, those are the ones I'm thinking of

If you do plan on getting 99 Slayer, you'll get at least 4 other 99s. Maybe 5 if you play your cards right.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]

I think the most respectable 99's are by order

1. Agility

2 Fishing

3 Mining

The one who says slayer 99 is respectable is somewhat right, however Slayer can be bought to some extent.

Congrats on those who are 99 Agility they are either very determined or they have 0 chance of a real life whatsoever ... when i think about it probably both. lol

Runescape Main: | + Combat 138 + | 99 HP | 99 Attack | 99 Strength | 99 Defence | Prayer 99 | Mage 99 | Slayer 90 | 99 Cooking | | 99 Fletch | 99 Summoning | Theiving 99 | Firemaking 99 | Woodcutting 99 | Agility 99 | Ranging 99 | Herblore 99 | Total skill: ~2350+

I think the most respectable 99's are by order

1. Agility

2 Fishing

3 Mining

The one who says slayer 99 is respectable is somewhat right, however Slayer can be bought to some extent.

Congrats on those who are 99 Agility they are either very determined or they have 0 chance of a real life whatsoever ... when i think about it probably both. lol

Well for one, if you think Soul Wars can get you awesome slayer exp, you are dead wrong. Even if you could win every game and get max zeal, the exp from cashing in the zeal is low compared to what you get for actually doing tasks.

Second, i know people who have both 99 Slayer and Agility and have "Lives". And 2 of the 3 you posted can be obtained in a faster manner then slaying. Agility and Slayer are pretty close, but i think agility might be a little bit faster then slayer.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]

Well I always see people with untrimmed cooking or fletching capes getting taunted because its a "noob" 99.

I'm currently going for 99 hunter, You make around 25m from it, so thats something good =)

4rvq0m.jpg

^Hawt new Siggy^ Made by yours truly.

Yeah, Spanish class is where everything funny happens.

Click To see my Origami gallery!

[hide=Important drops]Important drops..... Bandos Tassets x2

Dragon medium helm x 1

Dragon pickaxe x 1 (6m)

Verac's Brassard x 1

Veracs's Helm x 2

Verac's Skirt x 1

Guthan's Helm x 2

Guthan's spear x 1

Karil's Leatherskirt x 1

Karil's C'bow x 1

Dharok's Helm x 1 (4.6m)[/hide]

Actually, fishing is pretty respectable, I did some math from 65-99 fishing - only by doing monks can give you 36m and its AFKABLE! :thumbsup:

So you comparing it making money and being afkable to it being respectable cuase most respectable capes are the hardest ones that take alot of time.

Just keep on training melee there the most respectable 99s most quick ones like fletching, fire making, cooking, and thieving arn't most respectable.

Excuse me?

OT: Thieving and Hunter are two very fast and respectable capes.

Lordtunkuta.png

stats up just a LITTLE higher.

A little higher?... you have 1 unranked stat (I won't count Summoning) and no stats over 80. With 3 stats 70 or more (2 of which are combat based...) and only 1200 total.... My friend a 99 is the least of your worries right now.

How can you not burn out on a 99 goal?... Starting from down that low, I would personally have to say you CAN'T... Yes I said it, you cant. It's just not going to happen and a "Respectable" one at that highly doubtful.

Not trying to be the bearer of bad news here, just stating some facts. I did not take the time to read through the 2 pages though.

--------------

Here is what you SHOULD do...

Get all skills to 60+.. then 70+... Somewhere between getting all them to 60-70 you should find skills that you can really withstand and not get bored doing. It may be combat it may not be. After that, you CHOOSE which stat you can withstand doing for the longest period of time which will probably be your favorite stat.

Go for 99 in that skill.

Remember to be patient though. Zezima... Gertjaars... all the maxed total people. They did not get #1 over night they have been playing this game for years and years. And they focused and used all the time they had wisely.

Just be patient and a 99 will come.

/end long explanation.

Apparently, my signature was to big.