May 20th: New Slayer Monster Information.

Poppet

This is the most pessimistic thread I've ever seen. What if it turns out this monster is only unlocked after a very difficult quest? Or maybe the drop actually is *gasp* USEFUL! Also, 78 slayer is definitely harder than people on this thread are making it out to be. While I understand that for people who are in the 90s, one level takes a very long time, that doesn't diminish the time it takes to get from 1-78 slayer.

Personally, I'll wait until the monster is actually released before I judge it and I definitely won't complain about it before it's even out.

Guitar_by_Lemeja123.jpg

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I understand that for people who are in the 90s, one level takes a very long time, that doesn't diminish the time it takes to get from 1-78 slayer.

1-78 slayer = 1,629,200

90-99 slayer = 7,688,099

To me, I think nearly 8m xp without a new monster to kill is outrageous.

I calculated it, and 58% of slayer is spent without a single new thing to do.

Stellactic.gif

It still makes me lol tht the main retort of the whiner's about 78 not being low is yeah but ths nothing after 90 and thts like over 50% of the skill etc etc

No-one disputed at all slayer needs high end updates the only thing in dispute is if 78 is low, and the skill not having stuff after 90 in no way linsk to whether 78 is low, or high or just midrange

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Am I the only one far more interested in the less than subtle Pokemon references in this creature? I think the team has been playing the new Platinum a little too much. Who gives a [cabbage] about what level it is when IT'S A [bleep]ING POKEMON!?! :thumbup:

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

It still makes me lol tht the main retort of the whiner's about 78 not being low is yeah but ths nothing after 90 and thts like over 50% of the skill etc etc

No-one disputed at all slayer needs high end updates the only thing in dispute is if 78 is low, and the skill not having stuff after 90 in no way linsk to whether 78 is low, or high or just midrange

While this is true, it saddens me that they would spend time creating a low level monster when a high level one is really needed. Everything they do takes away options for later.

2496 Completionist

While I understand that for people who are in the 90s, one level takes a very long time, that doesn't diminish the time it takes to get from 1-78 slayer.

1-78 slayer = 1,629,200

90-99 slayer = 7,688,099

To me, I think nearly 8m xp without a new monster to kill is outrageous.

I calculated it, and 58% of slayer is spent without a single new thing to do.

People with 90+ slayer make much more profit than people with 78.

I agree that it's outrageous but you don't have to automatically bash this monster just because it's 78 slayer. As I said, there may be other requirements to kill it. You know nothing about this monster but the level requirement and what it looks like. That's not nearly enough information to judge it.

Oh and you get something new to do every time you get a new task ;)

Guitar_by_Lemeja123.jpg

I don't think he's judging the monster, I think he's judging the level requirement. And the latter one isn't that hard to judge.

And getting something new to do every task is a totally different subject. You can't deflect the level requirement argument with the way the slayer skill is built up.

The cave to the monster requires agility? if that, how high?

Also thinking what MOST of the items that the monsters drop the White mystical robes then lets guess the drop is something related to magic? That explains why he uses magic? Maybe he's the origin of all those robes?

We'll find it soon!(i hope so....)

spy2j.jpg

I think all I can say about this is that the drop best be something useful, considering the requirement to fight it isnt very high.

Im really hoping for a "black mask" for range as a drop.

envysfavouritemember.png

I couldn't at first.

Here's another picture:

conceptart.png

It looks a hell lot like a Lanturn.

Exactly what I thought.

ani171.gif

Pirate Rosetta stone. Learn a language while you scape.

Sounds interesting, but these days how many people really speak Pirate?

I think all I can say about this is that the drop best be something useful, considering the requirement to fight it isnt very high.

Nah really hoping for an addition to magic.

Magic needs a complete rework. I think most know that using magic for fighting a majority of the monsters in the game isnt nearly the best way to fight them. A 15% helm isnt going to make much of a difference. Ranging on the other hand is a much more viable option to fight a lot of monsters.

envysfavouritemember.png

I couldn't at first.

Here's another picture:

conceptart.png

It looks a hell lot like a Lanturn.

Exactly what I thought.

ani171.gif

Yay wrestling

On topic, it honestly does not look like that pokeman. The only similarity is the light appendage thing, and that is obviously a referrence to those deep sea ugly-as-hell fish which that pokeman is also a referrence to.

I'm just a bit disappointed that everyone automatically associates a glowing appendage-thing with pokeman as opposed to angler fish or [bleep]eytoothwtfisthat fish or whatever they're called.

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

I'm just a bit disappointed that everyone automatically associates a glowing appendage-thing with pokeman as opposed to angler fish or [bleep]eytoothwtfisthat fish or whatever they're called.

Pokémon are better to make fun of.

priest_wiz.png

Nah really hoping for an addition to magic.

Magic needs a complete rework. I think most know that using magic for fighting a majority of the monsters in the game isnt nearly the best way to fight them. A 15% helm isnt going to make much of a difference. Ranging on the other hand is a much more viable option to fight a lot of monsters.

But just see most of the monster in the cave drops magic armor and the monster attacks are magic based so yeah see? but never i could never guess...

spy2j.jpg

There are currently 72838 people with 78+ slayer. Anything it drops will be worthless within the week.

Unless its highly useful? Why does everybody expect it to be some peice of junk like, those granite maces from the dorgushkaan quests or something along those lines. Granite mauls need 3 less levels to get, and can be attained through PVP, yet they still arent worthles because they have a use.

If the item they drop is usefull, which a staff containing air and another rune definately would be, or some mage equiptment better than mystic, then the price definately won't be low.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Lol @ people "expecting" a 95+ slayer monster.

It was your choice to raise it beyond 85-90. Whilst I do agree that Jagex needs some high level content for skills, Slayer would be towards the end of my list. 90 for a monster is pretty high (dark beast); fix skills such as herblore, hunter, farming etc. A new monster at 78 slayer is actually a pretty decent idea by Jagex. Sort of puts it in an 'intermediate' category.

Lol he said mauls, not maces.

Woops

Don't you know the first rule of MMO's? Anyone higher level than you has no life, and anyone lower than you is a noob.

People in OT eat glass when they are bored.

Occasionally, Jagex releases high end skill updates. For example, there have been fairly new updates involving 90+ requirements in smithing. Construction and Summoning, both released AFTER slayer, have many things to do in the 90s. Skills like farming and slayer, that require dedication to train, need better high end activities.

Just because "relatively not many people have slayer in the 90s" doesn't mean that it's a bad idea to add one. It's motivation. Currently there is no incentive to train slayer above level 83 except for skill total - that's 10.5 million experience (525 slayer tasks) of nothing worthwhile to look forward to. Hopefully, if they're adding a new creature to the Slayer dungeon, they will add another floor and agility shortcut to the Slayer tower with a level 87/88 and 92/83 monster up there, as well as a level 95 slayer monster somewhere special.

You're absolutely correct that there should be some incentive to train slayer past 90, but adding new slayer monsters with 90+ slayer requirements is the wrong way to go about creating that incentive. Why? Because it creates content that's inaccessible to the vast majority of scapers. Saying "Here's the new monster that you can't fight without 95 slayer" is like saying "You can't play this part of the game unless you're willing to dedicate hundreds of hours to training your slayer for no other purpose." You see the problem with that, I'm sure.

The thing to do is use a dimmer instead of an on/off switch. The highest level content should be introduced alongside content for lower levels, so that everyone can try it, but high levels have an advantage. Most skill-related minigames are good examples of this. Stealing Creation is best played with 80+ in everything, but you can have straight 40s and still play if you want. Pyramid Plunder is only fully accessible at 91 thieving, but you can still get that Pharaoh's Scepter with a much lower level if you want to try for it. That's the approach Jagex should be taking with high-level content.

There are currently 72838 people with 78+ slayer. Anything it drops will be worthless within the week.

Unless its highly useful? Why does everybody expect it to be some peice of junk like, those granite maces from the dorgushkaan quests or something along those lines. Granite mauls need 3 less levels to get, and can be attained through PVP, yet they still arent worthles because they have a use.

If the item they drop is usefull, which a staff containing air and another rune definately would be, or some mage equiptment better than mystic, then the price definately won't be low.

Granite mauls are an exception in that they have low reqs and a good spec, making them ideal for pures. What about brine sabres and granite maces? You can't just pull the one thing done right out of a bunch done wrong and try to make a point of it.

Torlen.png

Lol he said mauls, not maces.

Woops

Yeah sorry, i made a typo ::'

but torlan, i'm saying that there is a chance the drop will be good and saught after, and everybody is acting as if it will be worthless.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^