What do you look forward to in a quest?

•  
    [*:3eh24yey] Rewards

[*:3eh24yey] Great Story Line

[*:3eh24yey] Difficult Battles

[*:3eh24yey] New Areas / Features

[*:3eh24yey] Other / I don't play Quests

>>> Vote Now! <> View the Results <<<

Still see the old poll? Press [CTRL+F5] or [Apple+R] to force a full reload of the page.

Remember, you can also submit your ideas for future polls here.

1.png
generic_signature.png

I voted for new areas/features (assuming it'll be a F2P quest ::' ) I'm a free player, so a new area would totally change the way I play \'

RIP Michaelangelopolous

u can control my tip it account, but youll never control how fine i am!

This is by FAR my favorite song:

I love N_odie and would never edit his posts! I love Rainy_Day too <3 And also Cowman_133. <33 Oh, and Laikrob is a going to hunt me down and kill me like a pest kangaroo if I reveal how awesome she is. I owe tripsis skittles. DarkDude feels like he's missing out. This is my siggy! - n_odie Rainy_Day MINE! - n_odie Rainy_Day And meol shouldn't feel left out. Oh, and Y_Guy is a noob awesome

Definitely the story line. Rewards and new areas/features are great, but the quest has to have a good story line to be any fun to do.

> SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0;

0 rows returned

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

There are only 10 types of people

in this world: those who understand

binary and those who don't.

This statement is false.

$DO || ! $DO ; try

try: command not found

I guess storyline they are very fun to go through especially the penguin ones :)

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

Rewards

I'm actually stuck between Rewards & New Areas / Features, but New Areas / Features sometimes falls under the category of Reward sometimes (eg. Spas after As a First Resort, Ancients after DT, Proselyte after that slug quest).

Experience is always nice (especially in those skills I don't train much), & being able to do things other people can't (mainly quest-haters) is sort of satisfying.

EDIT: Now that I think of it, I enjoy following story lines as well.

Only fear God,

Know the weapons of the weak,

The weakness of the hard.

I voted for storyline, but rewards are a very, very close second.

However, a quest that doesn't capture my attention is a borefest and it'll take me a year to finish it simply because I'm bored by it.

And if it's too bleeping hard I refuse to do it either. I mean, Summer's End (the only quest I can actually do but won't because getting one-hit is not my idea of fun) has an engaging storyline, but I DON'T WANNA DIE! I don't HAVE a huge pile of gold to waste on 10k monkfish and 5k super energies (may be exaggerating here). Hmmm... I wonder how much money you'd need to buy 10k monks and 5k super energies...

Not that I don't LIKE a challenge... I just don't like getting one-hit if I'm an instant too slow (besides, you don't even FIGHT the spirit beast. -.-). I do, however, enjoy a good fight. Especially if it has pretty graphics (Magic ftw!) and some strategy involved.

New areas are fun... perhaps a bit higher than battles.

Storyline

Rewards

New Stuff

Battles

In that order.

Balance may be power, but chaos is still pretty damn fun.

Lielac.png

Canada can't be second rate, polar bears are their main mode of transportation.

Great storyline. Without it, the quest is boring grinding towards the end.

Master of Attack ~ August 29th, 2010

Proud to have served the awesome Tip.It Crew <3

4bbb67ec44.png

Juhniz.png

Juhniz.png

Juhniz.png

New Areas/Features for me.

I love exploring, but a great storyline is a close second.

Reward doesnt mean much as long as there is a new area to explore and the quest has a good storyline. ::'

=/

The last few polls have disappointed me due to the lack of option.

Why is there no option for thoose of us who feel that more than one is what we look forward to?

Yes you could argue it could go under other/I don;t play quests but that implies that its something not on the lsit when it is.

Equally why are other and i don't play lumped together?

Surely no palying quests and having a diff reason to enjoy a quest to thoose listed deserve their own options?

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

All of the above.

* Rewards - Depends on the story line tbh some quests are boring and I only do them for the rewards

* Great Story Line - I'll pretty much do any quest with a good story line regardless of the reward

* Difficult Battles - Adds to the quest, more challenging = more enjoyable

* New Areas / Features - Like the rewards, boring quest yea otherwise I'll do them anyway.

* Other / I don't play Quests - Other would be I'm aiming for a quest cape sometime soon.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

The options were difficult to pick between, but I went with new content. I always like unlocking new content, however getting rewards for your hard work is a nice bonus too, such as the Ancient Magicks from DT.

However, again with DT, I really enjoyed obtaining the 4 diamonds from the bosses, so I guess a good fight is always a bonus.

libertherme.png

I like a good story line. By "good", I mean something that JaGEx has not released this year. :|

I also love puzzles in a quest, but those are incredibly rare.

I love to meet people; send me a pm if you see me on RuneScape! :)

Why is there no option for thoose of us who feel that more than one is what we look forward to?

I was thinking the same thing. I chose Great Storyline, because that's usually the most important thing I look forward to in a quest, but I also love unlocking new areas and/or monsters, things like that. Since I'm a Quest Caper, I often have no idea what to expect from either of them, since I try to do all new quests on the day of release and no guides or spoilers have been released, but the thing I hope for most is an interesting line that leaves me thinking. Then, at the end of the quest, I focus more on the new things I've unlocked as well.

Rewards are always nice too.

Kaze_the_Ace.png

Kaze_the_Ace.png

Kaze_the_Ace.png

SLAYERGEEK

I find generally that a good story lines and good rewards often go hand in hand, so it's not something I've thought about to much. I prefer a balance of the two. The good story lines are usually the elaborate ones, and they take a while to complete. I'd rather not spend a ton of time on a quest, even if it is interesting, without at least a fairly decent reward at the end.

7 years 'scape knowledge and counting

m8pu02.png

99 Attack - June 8th 2010 99 Defence - August 2nd 2011 99 HP - December 2nd 2011