Who is Truly to blame for the War in the Middle East?

foursideking

Well, i've been doing some research lately, and i've thought stuff over, and i've stumbled upon a really tough question. "Who is to blame for the war between the USA and the Middle East?" For all those who don't already know the basic scenario, this is a brief definition of what i knew before i did a whole lot of research into this matter:

Right after the millenium, the united states was attacked brutally when a bunch of "insane" foreigners hijacked a plane and forced it into the world trade towers. The president of the usa at the time (George Bush Jr.) thought it would be a wise decision to get revenge by going after a bunch of countries whom he thought were responsible. His plan semi-backfired when 7 years later, the american economy collapsed, caused mostly by the banks, but also partially by the fact that he had invested 22.5% of the taxpayer's money into the war. Since then, the american economy has been horrible, and George Bush has become the definition of the saying "Those who are hated the most are rarely ever the smartest ones".

This is what i knew before i did the research. Now, here's a brief definition of the information i found out while looking through books, government-based internet pages, and while watching major news reports:

About 20-30years prior to this incident, George Bush Sr. thought that the cold war would suddenly involve some fighting. With that, he decided to test-fire dangerous rocket systems over many countries in the middle-east. The United Nations became very angry with this, especially since George Sr. wasn't going to apologize for it. Because of that, he was banned from a bunch of countries, the big ones being Russia, China, and North/South Korea. The middle easterners were angry about this, and many world leaders thought that the United States would pay for their actions severely.

So....who is to blame for this? Feel free to post on who you think is responsible.

div>

I think that both Bush Sr. and Bush Jr. are mostly to blame.

Bush Sr. because of his test-firing of dangerous rocket systems and then for not apologizing.

Bush Jr. for probably not taking the time to really find out who did it, and what the motives were; and for also pouring 22% of taxpayers' money to fund the war.

But that's just my opinion.

17175_s.gif

[spoiler=Quotes]

Goddammit Monk, stop being so full of win.

I am Monk's [bleep]

FYI, it's not Sr and Jr, the elder is George Herbert Walker Bush and the younger is just George Walker Bush.

The people who can't deal with the Jews. They deserve a piece of the Middle East as much as the Muslims do. Their god is basically the same exact one, they call him by a different name.

Yeah, the people who hijacked the planes pretty much made it so we had to go in there. + Iran supposedly has nuclear weapons/Afganistan had awful dictator and supposed WMDs.

You are WAY off...the Middle East conflict isn't something recent. It's been happening almost about a century.

It all started with World War I: The War to End All Wars, the war that changed the world forever. The Middle East from around the 700s to 1918 was controlled by Muslim empires. The last one was the Ottoman Empire, which collapsed after their defeat in the Great War in 1918. So the victorious allies (primarily France and Britain) divided up the ex-empire into territorial zones, where the European countries would look after until they were ready for countryhood. Somewhat like Germany after WW2.

Before, some Arabs were fighting the already weak Ottomans for their independence and now they'll have to fight the more powerful Europeans. A big resistance to them were the Turkey, whom formed their own country in 1922.

Because the Middle East, primarily Palestine, were under European control, leaders of the Zionist movement (Jews) poked at the idea of their OWN country of Israel. As more and more Jews moved to Israel/Palestine, more some Arabs got angry. When Britain let the Middle East go from their hands, they created a treaty which allowed the creations of the Jewish Israel and Muslim Palestine. The Arabs refused to accept the treaty and Israel became a country in 1948; in which the other Arabs and Palestinians attacked the following day.

Since then, some Arabian nations and organizations vowed to wipe Israel off the face of the earth. That contents for most of the wars of the Middle East from 1948-current.

So why the hate on America? You've ever played a game, where you're trying to kill a big boss but another enemy constantly keeps healing them? You realize you must kill the healer in order to defeat the boss? America is that Medic, and Israel is that Heavy. America funds and supplies them beyond hell, so the Arabs think of them as Jew-loving too.

--

Now for the current war in Iraq, its all about lack of Exit Strategy. Anybody can invade a country and leave it. But to keep order after you [bleep]ed the land up is quite hard. Iraq invaded Kuwait in 1991 and the United States went in to protect the tiny nation. After we halted the Iraqi assault we could of done 2 things. Since we knew Saddam was violating human rights, it was in our "duty" to go in Iraq and liberate the people. That was our first option. Our second was the one we took and go home; leave Saddam to his own country and that's it. Bush Sr. and the military realized that it would be difficult to stabilize Iraq after the government falls. Think about this; what if right now every senator, representative, governor, federal-funded organizations (like the police stations and some hospitals ) all fell dead. Who would run the country. Couldn't I just shoot you for your money and no one can stop me? There's no cops! There's no government. Anarchy. So America realized it was going to be difficult, since the minority had been running Iraq during Saddam's rule and they would be massacred if they had to protection. So now years later, Bush Jr. invaded Iraq, probably thinking we had a better exit strategy I don't know, but whatever the reason, we're [bleep]ed up right now since we cannot leave Iraq without it falling into civil war and anarchy.

9/11 happened due to extreme Islamic fundamentalists who ran the country of Afghanistan as the Taliban. We're there for revenge, yes, and for security purposes. The whole theory of "if we fight them over there, they won't fight us here" (that sure saved England's buses and Spain's trains, but whatever).

Also the fact that we got troops in the Middle East makes some countries uncomfortable; two enemies at their doorsteps: the Jews and the Americans. So hate goes up.

So if you really want to blame something, blame The Great War (1914-1918). If it wasn't for that, the Ottoman Empire might of fallen a decade later, the Europeans had no right being there (since it wasn't conquered land; there was no war!) and other nations would of been formed without Israel forming.

Plus Off-Topic's favourate people! The Nazis wouldn't of formed!!! =D>

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

The people who are truly to blame are Islamic terrorists corrupting the minds of impoverished men and adolescents to fight their war for them, people like Osama Bin Laden etc.

This hasn't really kicked off till 9/11, it's not to be said though America is completely in the clear. Building army bases in Arabic lands and testing various military exercises there isn't going to do any good, acting completely oblivious to Islamic culture certainly didn't help either. Constantly pumping money into Israel for the last 50-60 years while letting other Middle Eastern countries lye in poverty pissed off quite a few people to say the ;east.

Both sides are to blame on an equal scale, this isn't going to end till Islamic radicalism is gotten rid of and the bigot and ignorant attitude towards Islam is erased either.

Osama bin Laden of course. Unfortunately, he's suffered the least of anyone. The purpose of the 9/11 attacks was to disrupt the US and several of Al Quaeda's enemies in the Middle East like Iraq. They did even more than they had hoped for.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

Both sides. The west for sticking it's nose in everything, the east for being a bit acid tounged about things, over-reacting and just generally helping to encourage the conflict.*

*I suppose that both sides have help add fuel to the flame, though.

2257AD.TUMBLR.COM

The beginning of the new millennium is not the start of the United States dealing with the Middle East.

Try harder.

We helped people like Sadam Hussein and Osama bin Laden. This is not a conspiracy theory, you can find this in your history textbook.

Nemo vir est qui mundum non reddat meliorem..

The beginning of the new millennium is not the start of the United States dealing with the Middle East.

Try harder.

We helped people like Sadam Hussein and Osama bin Laden. This is not a conspiracy theory, you can find this in your history textbook.

That we have. Supplied bin Laden with weapons and helped Saddam rise to power.

Now it would be nice to clarify what war or wars are being discussed. I assume the original post was speaking of Operation Iraqi Freedom and our invasion of Afghanistan. It is important to know which one because war in the Middle East is nothing new and has been going on for what seems the beginning of time.

There is no single person responsible for the conflict(s) in the Middle East - the history of conflict in the area is complex and both sides have contributed to it. There is no single person or side that can be blamed and the people who do so are either; ignorant of the wider issues or are biased towards one side.

wild_bunch.gif

He who learns must suffer, and, even in our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart,

and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.

- Aeschylus (525 BC - 456 BC)

[hide=]

You are WAY off...the Middle East conflict isn't something recent. It's been happening almost about a century.

It all started with World War I: The War to End All Wars, the war that changed the world forever. The Middle East from around the 700s to 1918 was controlled by Muslim empires. The last one was the Ottoman Empire, which collapsed after their defeat in the Great War in 1918. So the victorious allies (primarily France and Britain) divided up the ex-empire into territorial zones, where the European countries would look after until they were ready for countryhood. Somewhat like Germany after WW2.

Before, some Arabs were fighting the already weak Ottomans for their independence and now they'll have to fight the more powerful Europeans. A big resistance to them were the Turkey, whom formed their own country in 1922.

Because the Middle East, primarily Palestine, were under European control, leaders of the Zionist movement (Jews) poked at the idea of their OWN country of Israel. As more and more Jews moved to Israel/Palestine, more some Arabs got angry. When Britain let the Middle East go from their hands, they created a treaty which allowed the creations of the Jewish Israel and Muslim Palestine. The Arabs refused to accept the treaty and Israel became a country in 1948; in which the other Arabs and Palestinians attacked the following day.

Since then, some Arabian nations and organizations vowed to wipe Israel off the face of the earth. That contents for most of the wars of the Middle East from 1948-current.

So why the hate on America? You've ever played a game, where you're trying to kill a big boss but another enemy constantly keeps healing them? You realize you must kill the healer in order to defeat the boss? America is that Medic, and Israel is that Heavy. America funds and supplies them beyond hell, so the Arabs think of them as Jew-loving too.

--

Now for the current war in Iraq, its all about lack of Exit Strategy. Anybody can invade a country and leave it. But to keep order after you [bleep] the land up is quite hard. Iraq invaded Kuwait in 1991 and the United States went in to protect the tiny nation. After we halted the Iraqi assault we could of done 2 things. Since we knew Saddam was violating human rights, it was in our "duty" to go in Iraq and liberate the people. That was our first option. Our second was the one we took and go home; leave Saddam to his own country and that's it. Bush Sr. and the military realized that it would be difficult to stabilize Iraq after the government falls. Think about this; what if right now every senator, representative, governor, federal-funded organizations (like the police stations and some hospitals ) all fell dead. Who would run the country. Couldn't I just shoot you for your money and no one can stop me? There's no cops! There's no government. Anarchy. So America realized it was going to be difficult, since the minority had been running Iraq during Saddam's rule and they would be massacred if they had to protection. So now years later, Bush Jr. invaded Iraq, probably thinking we had a better exit strategy I don't know, but whatever the reason, we're [bleep] up right now since we cannot leave Iraq without it falling into civil war and anarchy.

9/11 happened due to extreme Islamic fundamentalists who ran the country of Afghanistan as the Taliban. We're there for revenge, yes, and for security purposes. The whole theory of "if we fight them over there, they won't fight us here" (that sure saved England's buses and Spain's trains, but whatever).

Also the fact that we got troops in the Middle East makes some countries uncomfortable; two enemies at their doorsteps: the Jews and the Americans. So hate goes up.

So if you really want to blame something, blame The Great War (1914-1918). If it wasn't for that, the Ottoman Empire might of fallen a decade later, the Europeans had no right being there (since it wasn't conquered land; there was no war!) and other nations would of been formed without Israel forming.

[/hide]

Im so glad someone corrected the first post's lack of scope

On topic

As said, no single person or entity is to blame for the problems in the middle east/terrorism. Some blame can be placed on england and other countries who controlled the middle east in a colony like fashion, some blame can be placed on america for a lack of empathy in dealing with the middle east/bad cold war activities in the middle east. Of course, some blame can be placed on bin laden and the muslim terrorists; we may have done some less then good things, but they pulled the proverbial trigger.

awteno.jpg

Orthodoxy is unconciousness

the only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed.

The terrorists who hijacked the airplanes and flew them into the World Trade Center and the Pentagon.

Maybe, though I doubt the US response was any better. Invasion of two countries instead of targeting the group that actually arranged the attacks is a bit of a mistake. Unless there was money involved, in which it's perfectly justified

Generally, money/oil/economics? Possibly* scapegoing money beats scapegoating religion, doesn't it? \'

= [sarcasm]

*If that's actually the cause, remove 'probably'

The terrorists who hijacked the airplanes and flew them into the World Trade Center and the Pentagon.

Maybe, though I doubt the US response was any better. Invasion of two countries instead of targeting the group that actually arranged the attacks is a bit of a mistake.

Al-Queda were trained and funded by the Afghan Taliban government. That's why we went there. For Iraq, read the later parts of my post above.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Bah middle east.

I'm not too fond of those guys and girls.

Our immigration is crap crap crap, we've taken in 1.2m of them (majority from middle east and somalia) and this is because so the soecial democarats can get their votes as most of them go on the social welfare system.

I mean, the majority of our immigrants come from arabic countries, and their impact on our economy and culture and immense.

For example, a county in my country wants to introduce a "1000kr (around 100) bonus for those immigrans who behaves good"... I mean what he [bleep]. I've behaved good, my ancestors hail from 100 years ago in this country, so why shouldn't i get this 1000kr bonus?

Everything should be equal. Well, that's what the feminists say atleast, so why shouldn't i get this bonus if immigrants were to get it? I think it's quite obvious that you should enjoy and respect your new country, included accept and resecpt the common rules and laws that are around.

These people even go on holiday to north Iraq. A recent statistic search found that 95% percent weren't in the need of asylum. And according to (FN i believe) you could help about 100 for the "price" of one person who gets into my country at their place.

Our social democarats leader claim Sweden Democarats are a right-winged party - They are not. They could be compared to the social democrats in the 60s + with a healthy and realistic view on immigration.

Sorry if this is semi-ot, but i felt the need t write this.

I mean, in 2008 got 100k immigrants in our country and with our population of 9m there's no way in hell we can immigrate all of those. The system fails and the established parties fails.

I think i will write a better new topic on this subject tomorrow when i'm not so drunk (i usually never go to bed when i come home from the pub if you wonder).

J'adore aussi le sexe et les snuff movies

Je trouve que ce sont des purs moments de vie

Je ne me reconnais plus dans les gens

Je suis juste un cas désespérant

Et comme personne ne viendra me réclamer

Je terminerai comme un objet retrouvé

Simple: Irak or Iran don't believe us (Israel) should exist. That's why there's a war, and of course, the U.S acting like world police is trying to break it up.

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

Couldn't agree more with OldJoe on the whole immigration thing. A country can only support so many people, and if these people who come from a completely alien culture don't assimilate (and I believe they make little effort too), then at that rate, your going to have serious problems.

Now, back on topic. First, let's get our facts straight here Foursideking, "the united states was attacked brutally when a bunch of "insane" foreigners hijacked a plane and forced it into the world trade towers." That is too broad a statement, and it omits the facts. We where attacked by Muslim terrorists, most of whom where from Saudi Arabia. Now, while I personally would have liked to see major reparations against the Saudi Government take place, I understand they have us so far over a barrel, their citizens can kill thousands of us, and not suffer any repercussions; even though their royal family has been funding these people for years. So, we did the next best thing, and invaded Afghanistan, sanctuary of Osama Bin Laden, leader of Alquada, the Islamic terrorist organization responsible for the attacks. We gave that wretched totalitarian theology known as the Taliban fair warning, and asked them to hand over Osama. When they failed to comply, we went in; justly seeking vengeance for our slain countrymen.

Sadly, our previous President decided we had to do something about Sadam Husein and his WMD's. So, instead of focusing our resources on the hunt for Osama, and the rebuilding/ stabilization of Afghanistan, we invade Iraq, and get ourselves into a long term occupation, trying to keep the local population from riping each others throats out. Some of you may think we are profiting from this war. Well, I have yet to see any of that profit, unless you measure it in disabled/ dead/ psychologically damaged soldiers, or deteriorating infrastructure. The average American has lost a great deal because of this occupation, not the least of which is faith in his government.

I don't know who's to blame. I do however have some idea what this has cost us.

Clan Moderator from December 15th 2006- August 20th 2007

Founder of: Terran Gamers, formerly known as Militos Deci

Couldn't agree more with OldJoe on the whole immigration thing. A country can only support so many people, and if these people who come from a completely alien culture don't assimilate (and I believe they make little effort too), then at that rate, your going to have serious problems.

*Looks at the poster's location, laughs at the irony.*

At least they're not killing you all like you guys did to the Native Americans when you foreigners brought your 'alien culture' to America.

edit - I also find it amusing how everyone's knowledge of history in the Middle East begins around September 2001 and ignored the 80 plus years beforehand.

wild_bunch.gif

He who learns must suffer, and, even in our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart,

and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.

- Aeschylus (525 BC - 456 BC)

Well, perhaps we should take a lesson from the Native Americans. A hostile, foreign populace gets a foothold in your lands, before you know it, your people are being forced into reservations by the new, powerful majority. I can see it happening again, this time with some other group of people taking over different lands; once again in the name of their god, removeing those they see as spiritualy inferior.

Clan Moderator from December 15th 2006- August 20th 2007

Founder of: Terran Gamers, formerly known as Militos Deci

i dont know what research you did but that whole post is dead wrong. you need to get your facts straight. the wars in iraq and afganistan have had almost no effect on the recent downturn in the american economy. war stimulates economy. in fact, in the previous decade or so(even before that), the U.S economy has been fairly well off, with the exception of these last few years.

this has nothing to do with the president, and more to do with that fact that there is a magical thing called a buisiness cycle. think of it like a huge circle, at times, the economy will be well off, but eventually it gets as high as it can go and starts to drop. then, after time, it comes back around and everything is fine and dandy. this cycle repeats. (that was a very,very general description and im not going into details here.)

the fact is that whoever is the president at the times of the good and bad will either take the blame or the credit for the economy, often for having a minimal effect on it. But with the very left wing media in the united states, you dont really hear any republicans get credit for doing anything good.

---------

and as for the conflict in the middle east, its not just in iraq and afganistan, but all over that area. the U.S had to get involved for several reasons, two major ones being 9/11 and the fact that we have very large oil deposits that are of huge importance in keeping us afloat. however we are not fighting for the oil. it is just in our best interests to keep that oil safe, seeing as the middle east, mostly saudi arabia, holds a very substantial amount of the worlds oil supply. (keep in mind that not all oil can be made into gas, only certain types can be used for this)

this is a very,very good explanation of whats going on in the middle east:

[hide=]

--

Now for the current war in Iraq, its all about lack of Exit Strategy. Anybody can invade a country and leave it. But to keep order after you [bleep] the land up is quite hard. Iraq invaded Kuwait in 1991 and the United States went in to protect the tiny nation. After we halted the Iraqi assault we could of done 2 things. Since we knew Saddam was violating human rights, it was in our "duty" to go in Iraq and liberate the people. That was our first option. Our second was the one we took and go home; leave Saddam to his own country and that's it. Bush Sr. and the military realized that it would be difficult to stabilize Iraq after the government falls. Think about this; what if right now every senator, representative, governor, federal-funded organizations (like the police stations and some hospitals ) all fell dead. Who would run the country. Couldn't I just shoot you for your money and no one can stop me? There's no cops! There's no government. Anarchy. So America realized it was going to be difficult, since the minority had been running Iraq during Saddam's rule and they would be massacred if they had to protection. So now years later, Bush Jr. invaded Iraq, probably thinking we had a better exit strategy I don't know, but whatever the reason, we're [bleep] up right now since we cannot leave Iraq without it falling into civil war and anarchy.

Plus Off-Topic's favourate people! The Nazis wouldn't of formed!!!

--

[/hide]

the only thing i have to add to his post is that fighting in the middle east has been going on since well before ww1, although that was of huge importance, like he said. fighting has been going on in that region for hundreds upon hundereds of years.. mostly because of religion, unfortunatly.

l_f9faeb8497d4422f960573321c8fec9d.jpg

Darwin's Radio, stairway to stardom 2009

To generalize to almost the point of being flippant : everyone and no-one.

You have to understand that this situation hasn't been "spontaeneously created", even within the last century. Asia minor has always been at the cross-roads and has a historic tendency towards civil unrest. Then Adrenal goes blah blah blach drone.

EDIT: To make my post less [developmentally delayed]ed, examples; diasporic Jews, the Poppy trade, Suez Canal, the British, food prices, non-proliferation, Russians in Afghanistan, Islamic non-secularism etc ... a million other factors. And without each or another, it wouldn't be the way it is.

But we can say with a large degree of certainty - it's all because of the Muslims. :|