Lack of summoning tab

JoeDaStudd

Hi all,

I've been finding the lack of the summoning tab surprisingly frustrating. The icon doesn't seem to be much help either and the lack of timer seems unnatural.

Which go me thinking would summoning be as popular as it was/is if we had no summoning tab to start with?

Any ideas of the new tab? I'm praying for stances along with the old tab only slightly tweaked.

So has the lack of tab put you off using summoning and your views on the removal?

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's fine, tbh. If they have something planned for that space, we should see what it is first before replacing it.

And if you want a timer, you could go to the "view familiar's details" option and you will get the old summoning tab, timer and all.

lol i made a post about that in rant and said some furious things now i cant find my post and yes it dam annoying to right click and do stuff, unneccessary tab for diaries :wall: :wall:

Iyaari.png

comp-regular.png

I didn't find it too annoying until I was in the CT and wanting to call my familiar into battle every time I attacked a new monster. Then I was slowly getting more and more annoyed with having to right then left click instead of having the summoning tab open 90% of the time then a simple click.

Seems like a step backwards in terms of making summoning useful, they took a lot of the ease out of the interface imo.

O and I used the timer to check when my food was done irl :oops:

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

My only issues are:

1. Checking timer on familiar

2. Dismissing familiar

The reason for checking the timer, is you have to right click the icon and search for "familiar details". There's a massive list of options, so it's really annoying searching for it.

The reason for the second is pretty much the same. It takes ages to find the details window. There's a dismiss option in the icon window, but no instant dismiss. I find it easier to go to details and instant dismiss, so for me the dismiss option is a waste of space there.

Overall, the huge bulk of options that they just dumped into that little icon's menu is irritating and takes way too long to navigate. Core features like that should be completely intuitive, sadly, this just ain't.

slayermask3.png

A Draconic Guide V1.4, Fimer - Multi-Timer Farming Timer V3.

Dragon Boots: 39|Abyssal Whips: 16|Dark Bows: 1|

I didn't think it was annoying until 5 minutes ago when I tried using my Geyser at Spiritual Mages. Having to call the familiar using the right click is really annoying. Especially at mages. They have low hp, and between the Prayer Potions and Super Sets and including this, I have to pay complete attention. Definitely takes something away from using a combat familiar.

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

It's very frustrating and annoying. Though i have not ranted about it or complained until now i expect changes.

Here is why. When your for example at Bandos boss, you got other things to worry about than doing this:

1) Right Click Summoning Icon next to minimap (Top right)

2) Choose "Follower details" among the many options

3) You got the Summoning menu up!

4) Bandos boss just killed you.

Now that did not really happen to me, and i don't think it will as i think i would adapt but i know it's very annoying and frustrating to have to right click then choose "Follower" detail when there can be a tab and you can simply left click it.

Speaking of the tab, why did Jagex choose to remove the tab?

I didn't find it too annoying until I was in the CT and wanting to call my familiar into battle every time I attacked a new monster. Then I was slowly getting more and more annoyed with having to right then left click instead of having the summoning tab open 90% of the time then a simple click.

Seems like a step backwards in terms of making summoning useful, they took a lot of the ease out of the interface imo.

Just open the details.

Just open the details.

That's actually more of an annoyance than it seems. Especially when slaying. In which case, you need to click your Super Sets every once in a while. But the main problem lies in Praying while Slaying. As Prayer Pots make you have to leave the Summoning "Psuedo-Tab" quite often.

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

I've already adjusted to right clicking the higher Summoning icon. I still would have leveled my Summoning like crazy even if it started out with no tab, because it made the red 126 above my head bigger. Summoning pretty much stunk until about Apr 08, when the second batch was released anyway.

Lugia_Lvl138.png

4x Phat owner: Blue, Green, 2x Purple

3100+ GWD bosses soloed.

Solo GWD Drops:

5 Bandos Plates, 4 Bandos Boots, 3 Bandos Hilts, 2 Arma Helms, Arma Skirt, Arma Plate, 3 Arma Hilts, 4 Zammy Spears, Steam Staff, 15 Sara Swords, 6 Sara Hilts, 29 Shards.

In FunOrb, the Kickabout League banner at the top of the front page used to have separate buttons for US and UK servers. They're updating to make the button itself automatically choose the better server for you, but they removed the option earlier this week to choose yourself, even though the update isn't out yet.

Hi all,

Waz does indeed have a point; miss-communication between the teams involved at my end caused the button to be removed before the fix was implemented. My fault, sorry about that.

Mod Korpz.

Might've been a simple miscommunication between Runescape teams that caused the Summoning button to be removed too early as well.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

At least the 1 click scroll is good. Now there's no delay between clicking and scroll activating.

sadukar123.jpg

sadukar123.png

Drops:

Misc: Abyssal Whip x28 , Dark Bow x5, Beserker Ring x3, Warrior ring x1

Dragon: Dragon Platelegs x2 , Dragon Plateskirt x2, Dragon Boots x38, Dragon Med Helm x4, Shield left half x3

Godwars: Godsword shard x13, Bandos Hilt x3, Bandos Chestplate x6, Bandos Tassets x4, Bandos Boots x5, Saradomin Sword x1, Zamorakian Spear x1,. Armadyl Helm x2, Armadyl chestplate x2.

Calling familiars and withdrawing items from familiars is a huge pain.

ZMI Runecrafting has just gotten a whole lot more tedious when using a familiar. I wish Jagex could just merge the friends/ignore tab or the quest and achievement tab and give us the summoning tab back.

From a programming standpoint, why can't they just make it so you click the current icon and it shows the old information where it used to be? Still space for new tab, and doesn't turn everything upside down.

w4M8t.png

From a programming standpoint, why can't they just make it so you click the current icon and it shows the old information where it used to be? Still space for new tab, and doesn't turn everything upside down.

this, and still they should merge the quest back into one becuase it throws off the top row to much

Y_Z.png

the answer is......... A SAILING TAB@@@

seriously I think that they may have something new coming out... they did say they were coming out with a new skill that may require that tab? who knows but I think something is coming..... Or jagex will get enough feedback on how much the new interface sucks and change it.

35hedkh.jpg

Just tried fire titans and dk's and the icon does actually really help there although its tricky to tell how many times you can use it.

Definitely a mixed bag.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

the answer is......... A SAILING TAB@@@

seriously I think that they may have something new coming out... they did say they were coming out with a new skill that may require that tab? who knows but I think something is coming..... Or jagex will get enough feedback on how much the new interface sucks and change it.

I think the tab is for all the extra options they were talking about a while ago, in a DevBlog. You know, the timers, counters, dice, all that jazzy stuff.

OT: I really hate that they removed the tab. I am a compulsive time checker when I have a fam out, I always have to know how much time is left. Left clicking, then finding "stats" is just ridiculous. To make matters worse, they had nothing telling you how to get to the old tab, something that freaked me out. I had my Guthix Raptor out and I could not find out how to check its feeding status till someone told me how to get to the tab.

To be honest, I think a real easy fix for this is to

A: Combine quest/diary tabs like they were and put summon back.

B: Make the shortcut that went to the summon tab before go there again.

A is the preferred option of course, but B would work as well. ATM, the shortcuts are screwed anyways, or so I hear. I also really hate not being able to instantly dismiss my creatures. I think a lot of people are correct, this is one step forward in two or more back.

TheDarkestLight2.jpg

[hide]

Come, be my light.

Mingle with my darkness

May we mix to create

Our own twilight sunset

The dusk breeze

Spreading clouds

On our murky horizon

~Darkpoet837~[/hide]

Honestly, the simplest option would be to make left clicking the summoning icon go to the tab (and maybe give it a shortcut as well)

It seems SO non-intuitive to have to right click to get to that menu. So easy to just make it "left click the summon icon, and you get the old page"

Unless, that is, I'm mistaken and clicking the summon button already does something?

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014