Poor treasure trail rewards.

Behind_you0

Did a Level 3 Clue yesterday, reward was: Black D'hide Chaps, Black D'hide Body, 37 Rune Nails and a Saradomin Page 2.

At first I thought a 100k profit from that clue was nice, but I ended up buying the remaining 3 pages. So that clue actually made me loose 250k -.-

00:00:05

00:00:04

00:00:03

00:00:02

00:00:01

00:00:00

Break the Walls down!

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Average rewards went tumbled when Jagex added those useless flatpacks. :roll: The nails and bolts are still in there to make choice of items more and your chance to get a good item less.

sadukar123.jpg

sadukar123.png

Drops:

Misc: Abyssal Whip x28 , Dark Bow x5, Beserker Ring x3, Warrior ring x1

Dragon: Dragon Platelegs x2 , Dragon Plateskirt x2, Dragon Boots x38, Dragon Med Helm x4, Shield left half x3

Godwars: Godsword shard x13, Bandos Hilt x3, Bandos Chestplate x6, Bandos Tassets x4, Bandos Boots x5, Saradomin Sword x1, Zamorakian Spear x1,. Armadyl Helm x2, Armadyl chestplate x2.

I've had a lvl 3 clue in my bank for months. Dropped all my emote clue items to stop me from quickly doing it, they just aren't worth it really.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

That sounds to me like the state lotteries. Their motto is "if you don't enter, you can't win."

A better motto would be "if you don't enter, you can't be disappointed."

In the state lottos you get about 20-30 cents back per dollar you put in (although in reality you will never see any of your money again, because you would need to live several lifetimes for the chance of hitting a jackpot to be reasonable).

Doesn't work that way. OK fine, you'll probably end up dissapointed 9 out of 10 times, but if you didn't play that night you wouldn't have had the chance of actually becoming a millionaire? Just because you get dissapointed doesn't mean it's bad, you can still make 50000x the money you put it so why should you be dissapointed. It all comes down to luck, wether you like it or not it's still ALL about luck, nothing else. One day you win, one day you loose.

Wexexx.png

Wexexx.png

I didn't post a single clue. This thread is about something else. The general issue that clue rewards degraded (or as some other people say) they did not.

I think he tried being smart without actually reading the thread...

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

They are called treasure TRAILS for a reason. Its for the adventure. If it was fdor the money it would be called treasure LOOT. Third age armour would be 1/10th if not even less more of the current value.

lol, what? TREASURE TRAILS..one word describing TREASURE(fortune), one describing TRAILS(Adventure)...

TREASURE LOOT? Might as well call it Treasure Treasure....

w4M8t.png

I won't crush you under a wall of text, because it is not necessary.

Just want to draw attention to the fact that Treasure Trails are barely worth doing them at the moment. At this moment I've had a streak of 12 lvl 3 Clue rewards which all have a value lower than 50k. And I don't think this is just bad luck, I think everyone who does clues is being rewarded with a few sharks, a magic shortbow and some firelighters.

Most clues take about 20-30 minutes, and I just don't think it's a good thing rewards degraded this much. Back in the past, you had a good chance of getting something fancy, and almost always the reward of the clue was at least above 100k. I myself think it's a pity, because I enjoy doing them, but every time I get dissapointed.

Okay, you get my point. But what do you TIF'ers think about this issue?

Apologies for bad English, I'm not native.

I love your opening statement :P Giant text is worse than boring.

My last clue reward was saradomin plate legs. :?

Did a Level 3 Clue yesterday, reward was: Black D'hide Chaps, Black D'hide Body, 37 Rune Nails and a Saradomin Page 2.

At first I thought a 100k profit from that clue was nice, but I ended up buying the remaining 3 pages. So that clue actually made me loose 250k -.-

Err, don't you see how illogical that is? You didn't lose 250k you spent 250k to get the holy book. Losing would be like buying the pages then dropping them. :roll:

4455.jpg

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Oscar Wilde

ol.

It's like finding a $5 bill in an old pair of pants, :P.

Er, you technically still own the pants and $5. :/

sadukar123.jpg

sadukar123.png

Drops:

Misc: Abyssal Whip x28 , Dark Bow x5, Beserker Ring x3, Warrior ring x1

Dragon: Dragon Platelegs x2 , Dragon Plateskirt x2, Dragon Boots x38, Dragon Med Helm x4, Shield left half x3

Godwars: Godsword shard x13, Bandos Hilt x3, Bandos Chestplate x6, Bandos Tassets x4, Bandos Boots x5, Saradomin Sword x1, Zamorakian Spear x1,. Armadyl Helm x2, Armadyl chestplate x2.

i personally find doing clues profitable still

clues.png

[hide]

Damnit, I tripped over Magzar's half inflated blow-up doll and hurt myself. I wish he wouldn't leave that thing lying around. -.-

[/hide]

I have never, I repeat, NEVER gotten ANYTHING over 10k. (And I've done alot of clues already, of all levels, I never throw them away.) It's making me grumble, and I've just stopped doing them because I'm always disappointed.

whatcolor_isblue.jpg

Follower of Guthix

The quill is a miracle, for it drinks darkness and sheds light.

Oh right, by the way, I'm a girl. No more calling me a guy you lot~

I have never, I repeat, NEVER gotten ANYTHING over 10k. (And I've done alot of clues already, of all levels, I never throw them away.) It's making me grumble, and I've just stopped doing them because I'm always disappointed.

a level 3 always gives over 10k

I think I have the worst clue award; an air staff and 13 water runes.

awteno.jpg

Orthodoxy is unconciousness

the only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed.

a level 3 always gives over 10k

I think I have the worst clue award; an air staff and 13 water runes.

oh really? A few days ago I got 913 gp and 27 firelighters. :wall:

Rejected.jpg

clues.png

Wtf? there's a cat in your bottom left clue pic.

Either clues have been changed, or you put that in to show how easy it is to photo shop a good clue reward

Prism_Swords.png

http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/6735/clues.png[/ig]

Either clues have been changed, or you put that in to show how easy it is to photo shop a good clue reward

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hey cats are worth a lot now

clues.png

Or these could have been done over months, maybe even years and are just the cream of the crop.
If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

I stopped doing them just because of the quantity I had coming in. An average day of slaying would yield 5+ clue scrolls, and I'd much rather spend my time slaying than running to every corner of Gilenior just to make 10k.

Etecoon.png

If you don't think they are worth doing, then don't do them. It's that simple. They are a gamble, that you always win (unless you buy a bunch of stuff to do it).

People are still getting rewards, they're still out there, you just gotta keep doing the clues, over, and over, and over, and over. I'm on a poo-cloo streak right now too. :(

35b9enp.jpg

clues.png

Or these could have been done over months, maybe even years and are just the cream of the crop.

Or it's a Wolf Mask. lmao.

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

|2,300+ Total|138 Combat|12 Lvl 99 Skills|99 Slayer|blogbutton.png