Girls Don't Exist on Runescape

meili

i agree i gt asked if i was a girl and my hair was on show

i also find that guys on rs are very cruel to me i dunno if they are to any other of uses

2bh i jst tell them where to stick it

They cant get it into their heads that girls can play runescape aswell GGRRR lol x

xxamzyxx.png

952a0f472b.png

xxamzyxx.png

xxamzyxx.png

xxamzyxx.png

xxamzyxx.png

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hahaha thats a load of crap what people say, I know heaps of girls that play online games, and quite a few who play Runescape too. Those people who say those things are usually the 10-12 year old's who don't believe anything you tell them. When I was around that age group I didn't really believe any girls played either. Then you actually get out there and realise :D

I think it's this mentality that the current gaming market is targeted towards adolescent males. Sure, the games have "guns" and "violence" and "10 year olds swearing at you on Xbox live if you play Halo 3" but it's simply not the case. I find it quite sad actually :(

disturbeda.png

I dont really pay attention to whether its a guy or girl on runescape, but i think that there are four main reasons why some people think there are no girls in runescape (i dont mean everyone on runescape is like this, just many of the people who think girls are nonexistant)

Reasons:

1. guys try and hit on girls because they often dont have a social life and their only chance is on runescape, or they think theyre being funny/cool

2. girls use guy characters to avoid said annoying/creepy people

3. guys use girl characters to get hit on and get free items, or to play a joke

4. all the people that think there are no girls on runescape are stupid

death.jpg

RIP Chuck Schuldiner

Well that's ironic. The OP uses a provocative thread title to get a desired reaction - i.e. general thread views. The thread itself is focusing on the obviously facetious contention that there are 'no wimmin on teh interwebz' - used primarily to obtain a reaction - this is what is referred to as 'trolling'. If you've ever visited any of the *chans and have been appalled at what you thought was genuine racism, sexism and general hatred there, your doin it rong.

Yes. There are girls on the internet. Anyone who denies this is, if nothing else, ignoring basic probability. Because around 90% (perhaps slightly generous?) of intarwebz users are not this unintelligent, I seriously doubt these genuine replies you mention are in any way frequent. Most people are in fact aware that women make up ~50% of the Earth's human population, and therefore women are probably going to be found anywhere one happens to be.

Now, if my post wasn't the reaction you were hoping for, I'm sorry. However, you are going to have to come to terms with the fact that girl gamers are not special or unique, and therefore ranting about alleged sexism will generate a (usually unposted, for obvious reasons) reply of "yes, and...?".

To conclude, "girl powah", "hear me roar" and "boys are stupid, throw rocks at them". Because whether or not you wish to acknowledge it, that's what you wanted to hear.

P.S: Runescape is not a reliable cultural indicator for anything in any circumstance ever.

I'm female and i'm a alcoholic Runescaper; however i always use a male character for graphical as well as player-player reasons. I do find if you have a female character, you get treated alot nicer opposed to the mass insults i deal with every day for being a 'failed account'.

I turned my character female for a day once, and i got asked out 4 times. It's quite sad really.

I tried being female on rs. The name k3nny12 gives it away that i was a guy tho. Failed plan.

Girls get more free st00f, FACT.

In seriousness, got a few friends who are girls, and unless they have went to extreme lengths like stealing someones identity , they really are girls, and then theres musky.

X_kaylin_X.png

I dont really pay attention to whether its a guy or girl on runescape, but i think that there are four main reasons why some people think there are no girls in runescape (i dont mean everyone on runescape is like this, just many of the people who think girls are nonexistant)

Reasons:

1. guys try and hit on girls because they often dont have a social life and their only chance is on runescape, or they think theyre being funny/cool

2. girls use guy characters to avoid said annoying/creepy people

3. guys use girl characters to get hit on and get free items, or to play a joke

4. all the people that think there are no girls on runescape are stupid

Nice siggy!

OT: i only know 1 girl on rs who im 100% sure is an actual girl L, other than that theyre mostly fakes looking for attention

no we never get free stuff unless their are some girls on here who are really desperate and would do anything to get free stuff lol x

I used to get free stuff without asking. But they were from my awesome friends, and when the trade limit wasn't around :)

Lisa <3 Matthew

Lovely_Knife.png

Akount.png

My account stats on Top, Matt's account stats on Bottom

no we never get free stuff unless their are some girls on here who are really desperate and would do anything to get free stuff lol x

I agree, I've never received anything free just because I'm a girl.

Arguing with a fool proves there are two.

I have no idea what the RS community is like nowadays.. but im assuming a lot more girls actually play this game now O.o. I know in the time that i was most active.. the ratio of girl to guy was literally 2:8 lol. Not a lot of girl was willing to sit on their butt to train for months and months.. there were just a lot less to do back then. Now tons of quests.. tons of skills... the game has become a lot more attractive to the female population :P. In fact, I logged on for the first time in years..and.. i was surprised by the hair style selection lol.

Lilcutiepie

RSC 119

2001-2005

All Girls are 40 year old men and all children are FBI agents.

:shock: :o So true.

But don't forget all adult men are 14 year old boys and anyone who calls themselves FBI agents are mafia.

[hide=Drops]Dragon: Spear x1, Med helm x3, legs x2, pickaxe x1, skirt x3, scimitar x1

Barrows: DH helm x1, Verac Brassy x2, Karil Skirt x1, Ahrim Hood x2, Guthan Spear

GWD: Arma Helm x1

Other: Handcannon x4, Leaf Bladed Sword x3[/hide]

Well, I mean the most obvious question raised here is why do you have a computer in the kitchen?

I lolled. But seriously, I'm typing this from the touchscreen on my toaster.

I personally think you don't need to go out of your way to prove that you're a girl; if they don't believe that you're a girl, then whatever. At least you're still a girl irl.

^This. I know it's frustrating, but just start talking to yourself and they soon leave you alone. Failing that, the ignore list is your friend.

Iron_0utkast.png

Maxed 15/06/13

Actually I have noticed a difference to player's attitudes when I play on a low level female char. People are generally more willing to help out a low level girl.

Guys like boobs. Even pixellated boobs.

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

geez Mel, cant believe that u still play:D Most thought I was a guy too cause of my name i choosed out of fun, but not going into why i picked this name only choose few know;) But kinda back playing on my very first toon, dont really want to play on Bware due to the fact there is alot of people i dont care to speak to anymore. As well, most of my buds dont play anymore :cry:

Bware

bwaretiger4ag.gif

Made by Scarletstar

Meili, I'm not reading this thread - just going to reply to your original post.

Here's a little truth that I think you're missing. As one chick to another, you need to be grateful that these idiotic boys have somewhere to hide so they're not unleashed on females in the real world. We're much safer and comfortable as long as they're inside locked away playing with their little imaginary friends.

Your mistake was by repeatedly trying to enter the IRC. If you get a message like that on the outset - then why on earth would you continually try to make contact with jackasses like those guys?

When something like that happens - don't start whining about it on the forums. Just be thankful that you had the good fortune to find out that the guys who you thought you wanted to play with are just total morons who will never get closer to a woman than they got to you. They gave you a tremendous gift. The knowledge that they're immature, pathetic excuses for male-type human beings. Just say, "Thank you for letting me know you're an [wagon]" and walk away with a smile.

*edited to spell your name a little closer to correct :P*

*and to add a note to lilcutiepie - same here - finally we have some styles that are a touch closer to human hair lol*

This type of stuff only happens with the less mature players..I personally have several women friends in RuneScape. Though I do understand where you are coming from, us guys tend to be idiots and say stupid things. #-o

99 Fishing achieved August 12, 2009 at 7:56PM CT

Me_Fuh_Q.png

This type of stuff only happens with the less mature players..I personally have several women friends in RuneScape. Though I do understand where you are coming from, us guys tend to be idiots and say stupid things. #-o

But see? At least you're up front about it and made your name Dorkzor so we know right off the bat not to talk to you :)

Thanks! That's very sweet <3: