Girls Don't Exist on Runescape

meili

Well, I mean the most obvious question raised here is why do you have a computer in the kitchen?

bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Sorry to be an [wagon] hole but that was hilarious...

On topic, around 95% of the people on the internet are idiots, 80ish% or so are idiots, and somewhere around 20ish% make up statistics, that leaves you with somewhere between 76 and 39568973634 percent chance to run into someone that won't believe a perfectly reasonable possibility.

Sad but probably trueish. Also, boys go to college...knowledge, girls go to jupiter, etc....

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<[DK]RuneScript> *** [ JAGEX ]: [twitter] meili from @tipitcrew wants to share her thoughts on the idea that "Girls Don't Exist on Runescape" at http://twitter.com/OfficialJagex/

As soon as I saw this I thought of the article on the escapist. Decided to come over with the intention of posting the link. But it looks like OP was one step ahead of me. Oh well, it's a great read either way.

And yeah, it's a real shame that this is the mindset that the internet has. I get the feeling, due to the feeling of being anonymous and some what hidden/protected in this virtual world that the internet is, that this is not something that we're going to see a change in. :(

signaturenew.gif

BrkIt.png

I believe it's mainly because there are a bizarrely large number of men who play on female accounts. No worries though, I had to show pics to prove I was a guy. ::'

Personally I play games qith quite a few girls that I know (attractive ones at that). I'm not sure if you're asking to know this, but everyone else seems to be stating it, so I thought I may as well.

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

Well, I mean the most obvious question raised here is why do you have a computer in the kitchen?

emot-frogout.gifemot-dogout.gif

Shut up Omali. You do worse on an hourly basis.

Good to see someone agree with me.

emot-smug.gif?w=26

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

<[DK]RuneScript> *** [ JAGEX ]: [twitter] meili from @tipitcrew wants to share her thoughts on the idea that "Girls Don't Exist on Runescape" at http://twitter.com/OfficialJagex/

It's a shame that they mentioned the incorrect account, @RuneTips is the account for the entire fansite ;)

What is this girl thing that everyone is talking about?

No seriously, I'd like to see a poll on the Runescape website about player gender. I do know that a significant percentage of the maxed out players is female. There was a poll on gender in the maxed out forum. Don't know in what way it is representing the actual percentage of female players in RS, but I'd sure be a decent percentage.

I can't really say all Guys are really at fault for this, because some types of Girls are just as much fault for it happening.

If someone says to me, you sound like a guy, prove your a girl! I typically just leave or ignore them.

My REAL friends won't care what sex I am, as it dosent matter since we are all here to have fun. I'm not here to get into a relationship with a guy, if I wanted that I'd go to a bar or something. If someone makes such a big deal about it, then they clearly arn't intrested in my friendship in the first place.

I think girls who go out of their way to "prove" they are girls are just as bad however. You don't have to prove anything. And if they kick you for it, they were not the friends you wanted in the first place.

What im trying to say is, if you specifically go out of your way to say what sex you are (male or female), then your just trolling for someone to ask you the question. Just play the game for playing the game, and forget about everyone who thinks otherwise.

dawnsigblue-3.png

Nobody is saying that there aren't real women on runescape.

But, lets face it there aren't many.

Women in general don't play video games or do sports.

Maybe its caused by society and peer pressure or maybe its just a genetic disposition.

I wouldn't take umbridge that nobody recognizes your real gender being associated with your avatar's gender.

I personally don't associate with my avatar so its gender is kinda irrelavent to me.

I've been male and female at different times throughout my rs career.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

Time for a serious response I guess - thanks for having a sense of humour :D

But yes, of course girls play and I know quite a few ingame. I generally don't doubt the gender of a person unless I have a reason to, and even then the gender of a player in this game really doesn't affect me at all.

I don't, however, know any girls in real life who played for more than 5 minutes :(

Nobody is saying that there aren't real women on runescape.

But, lets face it there aren't many.

Women in general don't play video games or do sports.

Maybe its caused by society and peer pressure or maybe its just a genetic disposition.

I wouldn't take umbridge that nobody recognizes your real gender being associated with your avatar's gender.

I personally don't associate with my avatar so its gender is kinda irrelavent to me.

I've been male and female at different times throughout my rs career.

Okay first error there: Women in general don't play video games or do sports. << Not true.

If you're going to open your mouth and say something on the topic you can at least be correct about what you're saying. Women DO play video games and sports. It might not be as common as guys playing video games and sports, but they do generally participate in some type of sport or video games.

Now that Ive vented my irritable-ness there...

Females do exist on the internet. Plain and simple. Whether you decide to be pigheaded or oblivious to that fact doesn't matter to me, but blatantly denying or assuming that everyone that plays an online game or is chatting on the internet is a guy isn't going to change the fact that it isn't true.

Wow, how can something so horrible be so funny and witty. =D>

I acknowledge that guys play RuneScape. I acknowledge that girls play RuneScape. That is all.

songokusigtif.png

It comes down to a simple thing: just hang out and chat with people you like. I have quite a number of females in my runescape friends list and gender isn't an issue. Often after you know a person for a few weeks you can deduct from their replies / behavior what their gender and approximate age is, regardless of the name they choose and the gender type of their character.

So, like a lot of others have said before me, don't hang out with people that are unpleasant to you. And don't try to make an issue of your gender. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the reactions you got would be just because you made it an issue and would be the same if you pressed being a male on an audience that isn't waiting for a gender discussion.

Happy 'scaping!

P.S. please don't drag people like blue back into our memories, they do not add to your topic and can turn people against you just for remembering the most rude, cheating, abusing player in ages (Remember Valen Drake? ...). Even if Andrew made the mistake of choosing blue to try out player mod powers in game.

P.P.S. also the fact that most top crafters where female doesn't add much to this topic, most of them where level buyers and demanded to be paid for the simple action of crafting an amulet instead of providing a free service in line with the spirit of the game.

I'm also one of the few female gamers on RuneScape. (I could probably thank my parents for allowing me to get addicted to games as a child.) Not to be offensive to anyone, but fighting-style games aren't appealing to female gamers as opposed to hangout games or blogging sites like facebook. Of all the real female gamers who quit rs that I've known, they come online weekly or so to have a chat.

As for the guys who play as female characters, who cares? Only my main is female, and the rest of my pures/skillers are male. :lol: :lol: :lol: Oh yeah, feel free to call them GIRLs - Guy In Real Life.

aporia.png

95/99 Summoning

95/99 Slayer

[hide=This is what you look like when you play RS too long]2vvq0z4.jpg[/hide]

Okay first error there: Women in general don't play video games or do sports. << Not true.

If you're going to open your mouth and say something on the topic you can at least be correct about what you're saying. Women DO play video games and sports. It might not be as common as guys playing video games and sports, but they do generally participate in some type of sport or video games.

Now that Ive vented my irritable-ness there...

Females do exist on the internet. Plain and simple. Whether you decide to be pigheaded or oblivious to that fact doesn't matter to me, but blatantly denying or assuming that everyone that plays an online game or is chatting on the internet is a guy isn't going to change the fact that it isn't true.

Okay, I'll rephrase it for you.

The majority of women don't play video games or do sports.

I never said there weren't those that do

And just because your emotionally charged about an issue doesn't mean your right.

I'll have to look for some statistics to back me up...

Also, its best to let odds work for you than go against them.

So, if your going to approach somebody you don't know on runescape, then its best to approach them as though they are a male.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

[hide=]

emot-frogout.gifemot-dogout.gif

Shut up Omali. You do worse on an hourly basis.

Good to see someone agree with me.

emot-smug.gif?w=26

[/hide]

using those smileys isn't going to make you look any cooler than trolling. grow up.

you're a girl that plays runescape, so what? i've met at least four who i all met at school that are avid runescape players. i don't see why you have to pull a topic.

whats becoming more common to me is that girls have to make videos, or topics concerning about their gender difference in an online game. who cares! just play the game and shut up about it.

That was idiotic.

What it comes down to is you have a game that attracts 16 year old players. The majority of them males as computers in general are more toy than a tool, where as woman look at it as a tool. My guess because of a quicker mid teen mature point, while i believe it is more case by case.

When you get a group of hormones crazed guys who think a woman on the internet is someone to get on cam to do stuff with, you get [developmentally delayed] sexist comments.

I remember about 3 or 4 years back, I did manage to get a girl player to go on webcam with me and strip! :lol: :thumbsup: Not fully though, but mostly. ;) Since I am almost 19 now, I must have been about 15 when I did this. She was pretty hot too lol. \'

As soon as I saw this I thought of the article on the escapist. Decided to come over with the intention of posting the link. But it looks like OP was one step ahead of me. Oh well, it's a great read either way.

And yeah, it's a real shame that this is the mindset that the internet has. I get the feeling, due to the feeling of being anonymous and some what hidden/protected in this virtual world that the internet is, that this is not something that we're going to see a change in. :(

Oh? Whose twitter is that? I'm afraid I don't twitter myself or follow other people's twitters.

Yes, the Escapist is the best! I read it regularly.

I think girls who go out of their way to "prove" they are girls are just as bad however.

I have never, in my 8 years of playing RS, ever seen female player going out of their way to prove they are girls unprovoked. The guys *always* ask for pics first, it's never the girls going around saying "hey look at me, I'm a girl, let me webcam with you!" Seriously, have you ever seen a player running around Varrock saying "whee I am a girl!"?

I remember about 3 or 4 years back, I did manage to get a girl player to go on webcam with me and strip! :lol: :thumbsup: Not fully though, but mostly. ;) Since I am almost 19 now, I must have been about 15 when I did this lol.

Heeey, that wasn't the one whose pics circulated in RS forums?

P.S. Just a hint to the other posters, don't bother replying to obvious trolling. Just laugh or ignore it. In other words, don't feed the trolls!

No. I did secretly take pictures with the Print Screen button and paste into Paint lol, but I never uploaded them anywhere. What girl are you talking about though?

And just because your emotionally charged about an issue doesn't mean your right.

posting.php?mode=quote&f=30&p=6801518

So, if your going to approach somebody you don't know on runescape, then its best to approach them as though they are a male.

The majority of men don't play video games or do sports...

Also, one source I found, here, states that 40% of all game players are women.

Flyingjj.png

No. I did secretly take pictures with the Print Screen button and paste into Paint lol, but I never uploaded them anywhere. What girl are you talking about though?

Probably Cali Ice.

OT: I know there are girls on Runescape, but I personally take the safe route and think everyone is a boy until proven otherwise.

R.I.P Shiva and The Old Nite

Visit My Huge Goals!!! <---- Click This

My Pk Gallery

supdefnubew6.png

GWD: 3x Saradomin Sword, 2x Saradomin Hilt, 2X B Boots, 1x Tasset, 2X B Plate, 2X Shard, 1X D Med

TDs: 3x Solo Claws, 1x Solo Armour Piece

99 Untrimmed HP, 0% Pc'd and before Soul Wars -- Trimmed July 1, 2009

First Untrimmed HP Cape to 96 summon, top 300 to 96 summon

Proud owner of the strength, magic, range, and hitpoints capes.

Spa_Ins/LOLCANADA on IRC.

Probably Cali Ice.

OT: I know there are girls on Runescape, but I personally take the safe route and think everyone is a boy until proven otherwise.

How do they prove it to you?

Zerker_jane.png

posting.php?mode=quote&f=30&p=6801518

The majority of men don't play video games or do sports...

Also, one source I found, here, states that 40% of all game players are women.

Didn't state what kind of game? :S MMORPG? Hangout?

aporia.png

95/99 Summoning

95/99 Slayer

[hide=This is what you look like when you play RS too long]2vvq0z4.jpg[/hide]

Secret. No need to drop names when it was a long time ago.

flyingjj, 40% seems just about right. Even my mom and 5 year old niece play games! Just remember that "games" doesn't necessarily mean Counterstrike or anything like that. Games like Super Mario, Tetris, Sushi Go Round, Sims etc. are easily enjoyed by both sexes.

From: http://www.associatedcontent.com/articl ... html?cat=9

...in casual computer gaming (i.e. card and puzzle games), women far outnumber men in certain demographics...

BTW: http://www.hellokittyonline.com