Girls Don't Exist on Runescape

meili

I know exactly what you are talking about. No one believes that adults play on RS either (at least not creepy ones). That makes me one of the rare adult female RS player.

*stands in adult female corner with ArtemisCatal*

Nice to meetchya.

I usually have a standard reply for stuff like this, but really cbf atm. I haven't had too much problem with demands for proving my female-ness or adulthood. I find the bigger problem is the 17-22 age bracket who try to chat me up.

Ooh! I remember you Chickeybee. Mostly because you talked about your baby in the chat alot \'

I think it doesn't really matter if you're a boy or girl online. It's not like I'm going to meet them in real life or so. I decide weither I like them or not by the chat conversation we have. ( I don't use any teamspeak/Ventrillo online, besides the Xbox where I only talk to rl friends.)

o0_omega_00.png

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I find it sad that people don't believe that there are actually girls online, I find it equally pathetic that girls feel the need to prove their existence. Who cares if men don't acknowledge you online, just go about your business.

It's pretty annoying to be ignored for who you are. "z0mg, grow up" won't fix that.

Anyway, that was a very interesting article.

[/late reply]

When everything's been said and done, more has been said than done.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

I know exactly what you are talking about. No one believes that adults play on RS either (at least not creepy ones). That makes me one of the rare adult female RS player.

*stands in adult female corner with ArtemisCatal*

Nice to meetchya.

I usually have a standard reply for stuff like this, but really cbf atm. I haven't had too much problem with demands for proving my female-ness or adulthood. I find the bigger problem is the 17-22 age bracket who try to chat me up.

Ooh! I remember you Chickeybee. Mostly because you talked about your baby in the chat alot \'

I think it doesn't really matter if you're a boy or girl online. It's not like I'm going to meet them in real life or so. I decide weither I like them or not by the chat conversation we have. ( I don't use any teamspeak/Ventrillo online, besides the Xbox where I only talk to rl friends.)

*waves sheepishly* Life got a bit chaotic and I went from 'check forums now' to 'check them later' to 'oh it's been 4 days, I'll check them when I have time' to 'hang on... I haven't been on tipit in HOW LONG?'

I still do talk about my son a lot. He's a maniac. :thumbsup:

Ananke32.png

Personally I know a lot of girls that play runescape, I prefer talking to girls rather than guys, and I find that like 95% of people I meet on here that say they are female are telling the truth. Although I do often check, whether it be Skype, Webcam or Pics with a sign, I like getting my confirmation :) Then the macking begins.

The original article had some good points, but this thread is rather biased. And this is why.

It seems that the complaint is that girls who play games online get a special brand of insults because they are girls.

These insults are usually given out by a specific group of players who, as Omali and others on this thread have said, are immature because they have no physical punishment awaiting their disrespect.

The biased aspect is that a lot of posters and certainly the original author herself seem to think that only girl players are the targets of these immature people. This is quite clearly not the case. Male players get an equivalent brand of insults directed towards them, also perpetrated by the same group of individuals who attack female players. It is also unfair to say that the majority of these immature players fall into any one age group.

If females weren't insulted because they were female then there would be other insults instead. I'm not condoning it; that's just how the internet works.

Girls who do not want to deal with gender-based insults always have the easy solution of simply converting to male characters and if voice chat is necessary, which for RuneScape which is what this thread is majorly focused on, it isn't, they could use a voice mask.

No, you shouldn't have to, but you shouldn't realistically expect a change anytime soon in general immature behavior.

Plus if those immature players think that a girl playing as a guy is a guy, then that girl gets the same brand of insults as anyone else; it's really just a case of swapping out packs.

In all honesty, I don't see it happen very often. I'm not saying it doesn't happen at all; however, it seems like girl characters are generally treated nicer, or in other words, receive insults less frequently.

[hide=This complaint is similar to the current popularly believed racial situation]The Caucasian ethnicity are all racist individuals and the only ethnicity that can be racist, while minorities are all cruelly treated victims of them.

Any punishments issued against minorities must be racially based, as well as any crimes or hatred towards them must be because of the color of their skin.

If one is a Caucasian individual then he or she is guilty for all racist acts committed, but especially slavery, and therefore must pay for them.

Minorities should receive additional help and support and be featured college campuses, months of the year, and television channels entirely dedicated to them. If a Caucasian individual should ever do something similar, which excluded other races, then they are racist.

Companies must search for employees of a specific ethnicity to reach a certain quota and hire differently ethnical individuals even if they are not indeed qualified as thoroughly as a Caucasian person trying for the same position. The same goes for college scholarships.

It is hateful stereotyping for a Caucasian individual to make jokes or give nicknames based on race, but perfectly acceptable if done by minorities.

Caucasians cannot be prideful of their skin color, but minorities can.

None of this is hypocritical, and if you're Caucasian then saying so means that you are racist.[/hide]

2dgucz6.png

What's a girl?

*throw wine glass* A miserable little pile of secrets?

My guess is it is not that they dont trust you are a girl... Its just they want your pic/vid/whatever...

[hide=Most likely explanation]*girl3456 has join the chat*

nerd2345: Die monster, u dont belong to this world

girl3456: It was men who wish to play me tribute.

nerd2345: Tribute? u steal men souls!

nerd2345: Enough talk, have at thou!

*girl3456 has been kicked from chat*[/hide]

No one shall respond to this?

I guess I shall have to.

Message From girl3456: Play time is over, GRANT ME POWER!

Message to girl3456:Hydro Storm!

*girl3456 has been added to ignore*

Anyways, OT; You have to remember that most people on the internet are immature kids.

Prism_Swords.png

Even though I play as a girl on runescape, im really a guy, so I guess im not really contributing to this much at all. But I do find it idiotic that Runescape seems to really be guy-biast in both ingame content and from the players.

Screenshot2011-08-18at14818PM-1.png

guys here is a advice, if a gurl character is from your neighbour hood please dont tell her that she is a guy, because i just found that gurls do REALLY play rs the hard way. My friends sister plays RS, and she is mad that i called her a guy.

Iyaari.png

comp-regular.png

Oh? Whose twitter is that? I'm afraid I don't twitter myself or follow other people's twitters.

Jagex's Official Twitter, congratulations on being featured. ;)

Lol I shall have to look at it now.

This is one thing that bothers me, because you get the immature 12 year olds that act like it's the end of the world when a girl enters a clan chat or anything else. Which then leads to 30 Minutes of spam. Some peple forget that there is a person on the other side of the pixels that has feelings as well.

Yes.

guys here is a advice, if a gurl character is from your neighbour hood please dont tell her that she is a guy, because i just found that gurls do REALLY play rs the hard way. My friends sister plays RS, and she is mad that i called her a guy.

Lol well congratz for admitting that you were wrong. :)

Well, I mean the most obvious question raised here is why do you have a computer in the kitchen?

I loled. I actually have taken my laptop into the kitchen to try to play and cook at the same time. I only tried it once; it didn't work very well.

I think it mostly comes down to age and experience. I played nintendo games growing up, and so did other girls I knew. If boys can have fun playing video games, then why can't girls?

I used ts in a pk clan I was in 4 years ago. It wasn't until a few months later that one of the guys told me they used to sit around and talk about how hot my voice was when I wasn't there lol. Then I recently did a voice commentary on one of my yt vids, and a lot of the comments are "you sound fat." I think most people have accepted the fact that I actually am a girl, but then I must also be extremely ugly and fat. I've gotten that comment many many times in game.

"I'm a girl."

"You must be fat then."

"Yes I weigh 500 pounds and have 3 teeth."

Stereotypes are annoying. Apparently playing a game because it's fun isn't a good enough reason.

Because there are a lot of men pretending to be girls. This is sad, but true.

He's got it. There's a lot of guys who play as girls in the game. So it's really hard for people to believe that girls play Runescape.

I knew a few, but guys are the majority of this game no doubt. Unfortunate for the actual real girls who play. :thumbdown:

X_defenders.png

X_defenders.png

It's true, girls are around, but undermined by skepticism. However, I think it's far more than you're making it out to be.

True, last week I found out an old acquaintance and recent friend was a girl. Went a full year just assuming she was a guy, but that's the bias placed on us from the internet. Bias aside, I, and everyone else, just went with it. "Oh, you're a girl? Sorry." [end of conversation].

You have to draw a line, don't let a groups of immature players ruin your perspective on males. Just like males shouldn't let a group of guys that play female accounts ruin their perspective on female players. It goes both ways.

About 50% of my friends list is female, or claims to be. Genders don't mater online, attitude and maturity do.

To prove my point, I bet you assumed from my post that I am male from my disagreement and defense of the male side. If not, props to you :)

Alright, I'll admit that I am a guy and I do play as a girl character. I like the way most outfits look on girls and they have better hairstyles haha. I'm sure nobody would question my gender if it weren't for my username, Silver_Brian.

But anyway, lots of people I know on RS are girls IRL. Some of the best players I know are girls. I mean, a girl I know IRL was the person who started me on this game! And personally, I couldn't care less if more girls played games, in fact I love it when they do. It makes lots of things easier since we have things in common.

Basically, girls who play games are awesome.

Eternis.png

I know someone who used fake to be a girl, become someones GF in game, and then farm items off of them. So I guess that plays a roll in it but mainly it's because they think no girl is supposed to play video games.

O btw gratz on being on Jagex's Twitter update ::'

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

You can add Villandra to the list of girls that play RS :thumbsup: you can all guess what she's famous for :lol:

The way I see it I couldn't care less. If your a woman OR a man it doesn't matter, your playing the game because you ENJOY it.

Quite a large amount of females do play the game, You just don't think they're girls but at the end of the day who cares?

Zaroterasu.png

Even though I play as a girl on runescape, im really a guy, so I guess im not really contributing to this much

at all. But I do find it idiotic that Runescape seems to really be guy-biast in both ingame content and from the players.

hawt <3:

ruins.png De_Elite_One.png

Inefficiency = fun. That's objective and can't be debated. Ever.

Blog to 200m in all skills.

Max cape achieved November 5th, 2011.

Completionist cape achieved December 29th, 2011.

Final Boss title achieved December 28th, 2014.

Trimmed completionist cape achieved November 7th, 2015.

When the RS player insists that, yes, she really is a girl, the replies are entirely predicatable.

"No pic no proof."

"You're not a girl if u don't show us pics."

"Get on ventrilo."

"Webcam."

Men do not need to go on ventrilo/webcam or show their pics to everyone who asks just to prove that they exist. Why do women have to bother?

You don't need to bother

Who cares what people think?

As long as you know your a girl, then you should be fine.

I guess I am a rarity too, being older than 40 and female.... I started playing because I was always asking one of my sons what he was doing. He said rather than having to explain it, why dont I start playing runescape and find out for myself - So I did!!

I am in my 4th year of playing now, over 2000 total levels and all quests complete.

I know someone who used fake to be a girl, become someones GF in game, and then farm items off of them. So I guess that plays a roll in it but mainly it's because they think no girl is supposed to play video games.

O btw gratz on being on Jagex's Twitter update ::'

I feel famous! <3: