Girls Don't Exist on Runescape

meili

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with most of that article, except the bit where she goes on about when she met that guy in real life. That's not the case - some people just don't like to make eye contact, it makes them feel uncomfortable - common in people with low self esteem. I know, because unless I am friends with the person I don't like doing it either. He was probably just nervous. I know you're a girl and you get a lot of stick, but no need to be so uptight about it.

Dodongo_200.png

I <3 SikTh.

I agree with most of that article, except the bit where she goes on about when she met that guy in real life. That's not the case - some people just don't like to make eye contact, it makes them feel uncomfortable - common in people with low self esteem. I know, because unless I am friends with the person I don't like doing it either. He was probably just nervous. I know you're a girl and you get a lot of stick, but no need to be so uptight about it.

Oh the escapist article? That isn't mine lol. I was just quoting it.

Sheynara is a woman. Celt is a woman. Fatslug is a woman. There's 3 right there, new record for most women on the internet in the same place at the same time!? I THINK YES!

Regards,

Legs O Skill

Most who know me, know i am one of those rare female players.

I've played since 01, and have never played the fact that i am female to my advantage. i treat all the same.

There are quite a few tipit memeber who was/are female. but i am not going to tell tales on them- i'll let them confess :mrgreen:

Hmm your name doesn't seem familiar tho- are you a irc neeb?? :?

I met you ages ago, on my old main. For privacy purposes I will keep the username a secret, as I don't want it revealed. Though I have seen you in iRC on occasion.

Regards,

Legs O Skill

farmpixel.pngfishpixel.pngwcpixel.pngtheivepixel.png

Click the pictures for my Blog

This thread has inspired me to form a clan. (FSM cc knows this for sure) It's called "The Girl Pixels Only But Not Necessarily Girls In Real Life Clan." Women and semi-women, together we shall dominate Runescape! :twisted:

vv05c.png

[brought to you by the Cult of the Sacred Crate]

17th to 99 Smithing OSRS

A third of my friends list is female, mostly due to the communities/clans I'm involved in.

Oddly the more mature groups tend to attract more females. ;)

cliffside1ra5.png

This thread has inspired me to form a clan. (FSM cc knows this for sure) It's called "The Girl Pixels Only But Not Necessarily Girls In Real Life Clan." Women and semi-women, together we shall dominate Runescape! :twisted:

so joining. and yes, extremely odd how us females seem attracted to the apparently more mature groups, although having now dived into the clan chat, i'm beginning to reconsider slightly =P

Member.png

whatcolor_isgreen.jpg

Long 'women are equal' rant

Shut your mouth and make me a sammich woman! Don't make me give you ANOTHER black eye!

You're an idiot. It is people like you who make the real females of runescape feel like they have to hide.

"He felt that his whole life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it."

so joining. and yes, extremely odd how us females seem attracted to the apparently more mature groups, although having now dived into the clan chat, i'm beginning to reconsider slightly =P

Maybe so they don't get.

CAN JOO BE MIE GF PLZ CAUSE IM LIKE WICH WITH MONEHS AND WE CAN GET MARRYIESDDD

O.O

This may have already been said, but most of those players are probably being sarcastic.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

That's no baby, baby! It's a MAN!

934638.jpg

You're either a comedic genius or you just have way too much time on your hands. However I'm leaning toward the former.

But anyway, women exist on the internet... it's just a matter of finding them. :roll: I know a couple, but they're rare. It's usually easy to tell which girl is real or just a guy pretending, especially since the guys doing it take every opportunity they have to make sure everyone sees that they are a girl. Then they try and find the skimpiest stuff for their character to wear, to show off their pixelated hawtness.

Pasty.png

It's usually easy to tell which girl is real or just a guy pretending, especially since the guys doing it take every opportunity they have to make sure everyone sees that they are a girl. Then they try and find the skimpiest stuff for their character to wear, to show off their pixelated hawtness.

So in other words, every non armored girl is a guy?

O.O

Hate to break it to you but you're talking to rednecks. Though in a world where farming is a great way to make money, they're hard to differentiate.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

• 1 month later...

Im late into this discussion (*waves to Meili,Sluggy and Magey*) but I felt the urge to give my 2 cc. Im not only a girl and play rs, im a WOMAN - I even did sports when I was younger:p

The reason so many young boys think that girls dont do sports, girls dont play games, girls dont swear or spit, etc, comes from the fact that the world has been centered around men since the dawning of time. We women are greatly underestimated =)

Take the female fighter pilots during WW2 for instance; the american "wasps" and the russian "black witches". How many of you have heard of them? Try googling them! You will have great trouble finding them even there! How about female soccer? female sports at all? Pay attention to the sportcasts on the television; 99% of them all are about men. No wonder young boys dont think we do these things!

Heres a newsflash; eventhough our activities arent commented or prioritized on TV or radio, we are doing the same as you guys!

If its to fly a plane or play a game; it has nothing to do with testosterone. It requires a brain, eyes and hands to do those things - and dont both sexes have that in common?

I dont doubt there is girls on RS, but I've yet to see one IRL playing RS... :?

Well, to be honest, I have only seen a couple guys play rs in real life - does that mean they are rare? :-k

rejna.png

- "I am willing to die...I mean try" - Jewelfire (Want to go bossing?)
-"we tried, we cried and we died!" - Limparse (What happens to old farts and tarts on monster-hunts)
- "...and we found out that there are as many ways to get to warriors guild
...as there are elders trying to get there" - Lysi
*snods agely* sorry... *nods sagely* - Brammy

-"Equality is being treated the SAME as everyone else;

not having special treatment and unique things added in to everything." - Sy_Accursed

The reason so many young boys think that girls dont do sports, girls dont play games, girls dont swear or spit, etc, comes from the fact that the world has been centered around men since the dawning of time. We women are greatly underestimated =)

Take the female fighter pilots during WW2 for instance; the american "wasps" and the russian "black witches". How many of you have heard of them? Try googling them! You will have great trouble finding them even there! How about female soccer? female sports at all? Pay attention to the sportcasts on the television; 99% of them all are about men. No wonder young boys dont think we do these things!

Heres a newsflash; eventhough our activities arent commented or prioritized on TV or radio, we are doing the same as you guys!

From this, it looks like you're taking this whole thing as a contest to show us boys that girls are better (or equal). I don't know, though, why anyone would want look at it that way.

[sarcasm]Oh, and thanks for the newsflash. Throughout this thread, it hasn't already been proven that females can do other things than cook.[/sarcasm]

The reasons male sports are prioritized, anyway, are that (1.) male athletes are usually capable of more than females, and (2.) male sports fans (apparently the majority, or at least the target group) can probably relate better to them and get into the game more. Girls aren't doing the exact same thing, anyway. Example:

Longest distance run by a man on a treadmill in 24 hours

Same thing, but a female this time

Sure, the difference is small, but who cares about the girl who ran 153 miles in a day? Look at that guy who ran 160!

It also might be like when I'd see a dog and say "What's his name?", but my friend, who is a girl, would refer to the dog as a girl (until we knew it's actual gender.) You sort of, I don't know, gravitate toward your own gender? If you can't see it, you might assume it is your own gender.

Just my two cents.

[hide=Disclaimer]I'm sick of the whole debate over which gender is better or worse or whatever, and sick of hearing whining minorities of guys/girls in school and such, and that probably carried over to this message. Boys aren't better, and girls aren't better, and no one should care. There are more girls in the real world, and obviously more boys in RuneScape. It doesn't matter.[/hide]

When I see people say it, I pronounce it "poon" in my head. Makes more sense to me. My friend said it in real life once and I almost kneed him in the family-maker.

$DO || ! $DO ; try
try: command not found

Umm g4ses, I think you might have misunderstood a litle; noone here is claiming that girls are better then boys. Girls and boys are equal in that sence that we all have 1)brains - 2)a functional body - 3)capability to do the best for our circumstances, wheter you are a boy or a girl. True?

The debate here is merely about wheter girls play games in general or Runescape in particular or not. The declaration from the wast majority on this thread (thanks guys ::' ) is that there are. We gals posting also proves it.

rejna.png

- "I am willing to die...I mean try" - Jewelfire (Want to go bossing?)
-"we tried, we cried and we died!" - Limparse (What happens to old farts and tarts on monster-hunts)
- "...and we found out that there are as many ways to get to warriors guild
...as there are elders trying to get there" - Lysi
*snods agely* sorry... *nods sagely* - Brammy

-"Equality is being treated the SAME as everyone else;

not having special treatment and unique things added in to everything." - Sy_Accursed

When I find a genuine woman, it takes several weeks of conversation before it actually comes up. Real girls who play Runescape, 99% of the time, hate the attention. They are in fact far less conspicuous than average male players. Why? Because the RS community is full of idiot 13-year-olds who just got past the "girls are icky" phase but haven't gotten to the "girls are real people" phase. Hell, some of them will never get there. So, to avoid that whole mess, they keep their heads down.

The three people whom I know without a doubt are women are probably the last people the average RS player would think of as women - they're quiet, purposeful, (i.e. they don't stand around Lumbridge e-flirting with every guy who comes around) and polite.

Bottom line - you have no idea who you are talking to. It could be a pimply-faced 14-year-old whose skin could be represented by #FFFFFF, or it could be a hot supermodel. If you're obnoxious, the former will be the only friend you have; you'll be on the latter's ignore list before you can say "Pix pl0x."

Astaroth51.png

signc6.png

Real girls who play Runescape, 99% of the time, hate the attention. They are in fact far less conspicuous than average male players. Why? Because the RS community is full of idiot 13-year-olds who just got past the "girls are icky" phase but haven't gotten to the "girls are real people" phase. Hell, some of them will never get there. So, to avoid that whole mess, they keep their heads down.

I am in total agreement with this statement. Best to just keep quiet and avoid the attention. Except on TIF where people seem a tad bit more mature. Still I won't go and make a big deal about it though.

Tecmaster532.png
Tecmaster532.png
lm9dzxe3.png
Owner of the Quest Point Cape

Umm g4ses, I think you might have misunderstood a litle; noone here is claiming that girls are better then boys. Girls and boys are equal in that sence that we all have 1)brains - 2)a functional body - 3)capability to do the best for our circumstances, wheter you are a boy or a girl. True?

Basically true, yes. Come to think of it... We don't even need those for RuneScape, do we?

The debate here is merely about wheter girls play games in general or Runescape in particular or not. The declaration from the wast majority on this thread (thanks guys ::' ) is that there are. We gals posting also proves it. If that's proven, though, what are we talking about now?

The newsflash bit just got me up in arms; that's where I got the better part from. Sorry, the internet kinda skews the whole "conveying emotions" deal, so statements seem different than they originally were meant to.

Anyway, I thought everyone knew girls played before this topic came 'round. I know a girl who play[ed/s]. It seems a bit nonsensical to debate this; the vast majority agreed, didn't they?

To me, each avatar is just a person; I don't care what gender they are because I treat them like my students; the same no matter their gender.

I forget what point I was getting at, so I'll just say this: Have fun, try your hardest, show respect. If you do that, then people will probably return the favour. If they don't, they're unsavoury characters to begin with and you'd best forget them.

It could be a pimply-faced 14-year-old whose skin could be represented by #FFFFFF,

If you would've guessed a year off from that, my cover would've been blown for sure!

When I see people say it, I pronounce it "poon" in my head. Makes more sense to me. My friend said it in real life once and I almost kneed him in the family-maker.

$DO || ! $DO ; try
try: command not found