6 RuneScape Fonts - with 200 characters each!

WolfieMario

EDIT 12/8/09:

Jagex updated the fonts again <_<

Well, the biggest change is that zero no longer has a slash through it in any font (basically, it changed in all the fonts). Also, I have added the Alt+0151 () character to all fonts now that it is visible (R.I.P. Alt+0151 Glitch :sad:), and fixed the * (asterisk) in the Friends List Font, as well as adding the ellipses () to the Friends List Font. So, basically, if you have OCD like me, and want your fonts to be perfect, you have to re-download all of them through here:

http://sites.google.com/site/interactiverune/kits/fonts

Of course, odds are the only one you use is the Bold Chat Font 2 (Current) (the overhead text that's most commonly used in RuneScape videos), so you can get the updated one from one of the following locations:

RuneScape Chat Bold 2 (Overhead Text, some Interfaces): MediaFire- InteractiveRune- FontStruct

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT 12/7/09:

Attention, I have updated the RuneScape Chat Bold font. It can now be downloaded at the following locations:

RuneScape Chat Bold 2 (Overhead Text, some Interfaces): MediaFire- InteractiveRune- FontStruct

Here's the difference:

fontchange.png

(New one is on right)

Here's my site where you can still download the old fonts, as well as an updated RuneScape Chat Regular:

http://sites.google.com/site/interactiverune/kits/fonts

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's right, I've made new fonts. There's six now, counting the two I did before. It took forever to pixel each individual character for each font, and each font now has 200 characters (well, 199, but if you count either the space or the invisible Alt+0151, then it's 200. Or 201 if you count both p12876613.gif). So, basically, each font has every character that can be said in RuneScape, including standard keyboard characters, all ASCII codes, and all additional quotation marks and the Infinity Symbol. Note that the Infinity Symbol (∞) has been stored in the Trademark Sign () slot, because the editor I used (FontStruct) has no infinity slot, and RuneScape does not have a TM sign, while some item quantities in RuneScape do use infinity. Also note that many characters do not exist in certain fonts (such as the Friends List Font, which only has A-Z a-z 0-9, and does not even have any punctuation marks), so I had to improvise a lot. That's another thing - if you're concerned about the accuracy of my fonts, there's a list below showing which characters are guaranteed to be 100% accurate for which font. For all of my fonts except the Large font, the spacing between letters and words is 100% accurate. The reason it's not perfect in the Large font is because I nearly died of boredom trying to perfect the spacing for the NPC Chat font. For the NPC font, I had to literally download and test the font hundreds of times, retype several in-game books and messages, overlap it with the originals, and get all of the letters to align perfectly. I spent hours combing through the font fixing the spacing errors, and every time I fixed one error another one was created somewhere else :shock:. That font took me three days to get perfect, and I honestly don't feel like repeating the process for the Large font, which would take even longer due to its higher complexity :o. So the Large font's spacing is only approximate, but I hope you guys don't mind. After all, I've found many spacing errors in RuneScape fonts made by other people, especially in the NPC Chat font, so this certainly won't be the first RS font with inaccurate spacing - it'll just be the first of my fonts with inaccurate spacing p12876613.gif. Here are the fonts and their download/viewing links (note that the first two have been updated - you may want to reinstall them if you already downloaded them before!):

----------------------------------------------------------------------

*THIS SECTION IS OUTDATED. DO NOT DOWNLOAD FROM HERE; USE THIS INSTEAD.*

RuneScape Chat (Used in Chatbox, Quest/Skill Guides, Experience, and many Interfaces): MediaFire- InteractiveRune- FontStruct

RuneScape Chat Bold (Overhead Text, some Interfaces): MediaFire- InteractiveRune- FontStruct

RuneScape Small (Quest List, Music List, Notes, Spell Descriptions, and many Interfaces): MediaFire- InteractiveRune- FontStruct

RuneScape Friends List (Friends List, Ignore List, and Clan Chat): MediaFire- InteractiveRune- FontStruct

RuneScape NPC Chat (NPC Chat, Level Ups, Books, Scrolls, and some Interfaces): MediaFire- InteractiveRune- FontStruct

RuneScape Large (Titles of Quests, Books, Scrolls, and some Interfaces): MediaFire- InteractiveRune- FontStruct

NOTE: for the Chat, Chat Bold, Small, and Friends List fonts, the normal font size is 16, for MS Paint and HTML it is 12, and for Invision Board Forums such as Sal's Realm, RuneHQ, and Zybez, they are size 3. For the NPC Chat and Large fonts, the normal size is 32, the Paint/HTML size is 24, and the forum size is 6.

Here is the font-character accuracy list (all characters shown are accurate for that font):

RuneScape Chat: !"#$%&'()*+,-./0123456789:;<=>?@ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ[]^_`abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz{|}~¡¢£¤¥¦§¨©ª«¬­®¯°±²³´µ¶·¸¹º»¼½¾¿ÀÁÂÃÄÅÆÇÈÉÊËÌÍÎÏÐÑÒÓ''Ö×ØÙÚÛÜÝÞßàáâãäåæçèéêëìíîïðñòóôõö÷øùúûüýþÿ�

RuneScape Chat Bold: !"#$%&'()*+,-./0123456789:;<=>?@ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ[]^_`abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz{|}~¡¢£¤¥¦§¨©ª«¬­®¯°±²³´µ¶·¸¹º»¼½¾¿ÀÁÂÃÄÅÆÇÈÉÊËÌÍÎÏÐÑÒÓ''Ö×ØÙÚÛÜÝÞßàáâãäåæçèéêëìíîïðñòóôõö÷øùúûüýþÿ�

RuneScape Small: !"#$%&'()*+,-./0123456789:;<=>?@ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ[]^_`abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz{|}~¡¢£¤¥¦§¨©ª«¬­®¯°±²³´µ¶·¸¹º»¼½¾¿ÀÁÂÃÄÅÆÇÈÉÊËÌÍÎÏÐÑÒÓ''Ö×ØÙÚÛÜÝÞßàáâãäåæçèéêëìíîïðñòóôõö÷øùúûüýþÿ�

RuneScape Friends List: ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz0123456789

RuneScape NPC Chat: ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz0123456789.,?!/*()'`Éßàâçéêõöü

RuneScape Large: ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz12.!&ÀÁÉßàâãäçèéêíîïóôõöûü

Font Kit

In addition to all that, I've made a massive kit for these fonts, with all of the most commonly used colors and formatting for each font, as well as the formatting for a few fonts I didn't make files for - namely, because they're just different versions of Arial. Those fonts would be the old loading bar font, all world map fonts, and all fonts from RuneScape Classic. The kit's currently incomplete (as you can tell by the 4 "reserved" sections), but it has 8 groups and 75 subgroups completed. Click one of the links below, but it's a large image that may take a while to load:

<!-- m -->http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/5121/run ... ntskit.png<!-- m -->

<!-- m -->http://sites.google.com/site/interactiv ... edirects=0<!-- m -->

Font Machine

11j1b7q.png

I also made a fully interactive font machine with all of the most commonly used colors, as well as buttons that can automatically format pixel-shadows in any direction, as well as being able to create outlines. You can also enter your own custom colors into the box at the bottom-right. With this, you don't have to worry about font sizes or eyedroppering the colors or turning off font smoothing, etc... Actually, you don't even need to download any of the fonts to use this! :o

It can come in handy for people who can't download fonts or for people who can't get the font size right for some reason, and it can also be helpful for people who don't want to go through the trouble of manual formatting in Paint. You can click the arrows at the top to switch fonts (you'll lose anything you typed, though! :o), type in the white box, change colors with the color buttons (the ones with a lighter background are the ones commonly used for that font), use the Default button to revert to the default formatting, activate a standard 1-px down, 1-px right shadow with the "S" button, make a rounded 1-pixel outline with the "O" button, or make any combination of outlines/shadows using any of the arrow buttons - they create a shadow in the direction they point. Note that there's an unsolved bug with shadows/outlines if you fill up the whole box - the part you're typing in will scroll, but the shadows will not. As long as you don't have too many lines in the box, you shouldn't run into this issue. If you do, just stop typing once you've filled the box, take a screenshot, and clear the box and type the rest. It's pretty straightforward to use:

1. [*:3p8soc6r]Choose a font

[*:3p8soc6r]Type your text

[*:3p8soc6r]Select the formats/color you want to use

[*:3p8soc6r]Take a screenshot

[*:3p8soc6r]Paste it into your graphics editor

You can use the machine at one of the following links - InteractiveRune- zSHARE

In addition, you can download the machine at MediaFire - Windows- Mac

Youtube

I've also made a Youtube video about my fonts. If you've already read this topic, there's no real need for you to watch the video, but I'd appreciate if you would click the link (so it gets a view), and possibly even rate it and leave a comment, so that the video will show up higher in Youtube searches for "RuneScape font", helping other people who may be looking for RS fonts. Of course, that's entirely your choice whether or not you want to do it, and if a moderator has a problem with this section, I don't really mind removing it. The video has all the links provided in this topic, as well as links to every copy of this topic at the several forums I've posted it at. It just basically demonstrates all 6 fonts, quickly scrolls through the kit, and briefly demonstrates how to use the font machine. Here is the Youtube link:

<!-- m -->

<!-- m -->

More information about these fonts may be found at my website:

<!-- m -->http://sites.google.com/site/interactiverune/kits/fonts<!-- m -->

skillgoal99fakingunderb.png

Fake Awards:

flatawardsbox.png

(The large number is the amount of awards I have gotten; only 8 are shown above. Click to see all of them.)

Nice,must of been a lot of work. ::' Why did you do this exactly?

99 Hunter - November 1st, 2008

99 Cooking -July 22nd, 2009

99 Firemaking - July 29th, 2010

99 Fletching - December 30th, 2010

Nice job my friend. =D>

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

Awesome!

... When I figure out how to use it in MSWord and Paint, anyway...

The correct font size for MS Paint users is 12, for most other programs it is 16. For Sal's, RuneHQ, Zybez, and most forums, it is size 3

Are we able to use different fonts on TIF?

2dgucz6.png

What is the point of this though?

I suppose it would be very useful for faking screenshots, amongst other things. It must have taken a lot of work though, so, well done Wolfie!

~ W ~

sigzi.png

I suppose it would be very useful for faking screenshots, amongst other things. It must have taken a lot of work though, so, well done Wolfie!

thats true, but couldn't you just take a screen shot of all the letters and erase everything eles?

anyhow great job must have taken forever... =D> =D> =D>

Pit_Guardian.png

Gamertag: EFs Predator.

Games I play: Halo 3, Halo wars.

Wow, thanks for all the comments, guys! :D

Awesome, you really do have a lot of time on your hands :P How long did it take?

I didn't really count, but it may have been anywhere between 3 to 6 hours :o

Nice,must of been a lot of work. ::' Why did you do this exactly?

The main reason is screenshot faking. You'd be surprised how many members of Sal's Realm rely on fonts for their faking :P

Since the font everyone had used there for so long is now out-of-date (due to Jagex's updates), I decided to do this to keep it up-to-date. The funny thing is that two other people made fonts at the same time I did :o. But mine's the only one with all the ASCII and punctuation characters, as well as the only one with the correct bolded characters :P

Another reason I've seen people use RS fonts is for videos so they don't have to get worried about getting muted :P

Awesome!

... When I figure out how to use it in MSWord and Paint, anyway...

The correct font size for MS Paint users is 12, for most other programs it is 16. For Sal's, RuneHQ, Zybez, and most forums, it is size 3

Are we able to use different fonts on TIF?

Unfortunately, I don't think so :(

thats true, but couldn't you just take a screen shot of all the letters and erase everything eles?

anyhow great job must have taken forever... =D> =D> =D>

Well, that method would certainly work... But some screenshot fakers are too lazy to do that and would rather use Arial instead :?. Of course, that's the highway to crappy fakes, so giving them an alternative it a much better option :P. Besides, too many people, especially at Sal's Realm, have gotten far too used to faking with a font (I think the old font, by Maxthedragon, was made sometime around 2005-06), and now that it's outdated, it left a real standstill in fake making for many of them. It's funny how much some of them rely on the font (don't get me wrong, I use the font too :P). When Jagex temporarily released that new font a while ago (the one that got flamed straight out of RS by a horde of angry RSOFers :P), you should have seen how scared some of the fakers at Sal's were... As though a new font means "the apocalypse of faking" :o.

This should be stickied somewheree :thumbup:

:D Thanks, I'm glad you like it that much! \:D/

skillgoal99fakingunderb.png

Fake Awards:

flatawardsbox.png

(The large number is the amount of awards I have gotten; only 8 are shown above. Click to see all of them.)

• 3 weeks later...