Herb Death increase?

swampjedi

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're averaging less than 5 herbs per patch, then you aren't using super compost.

Problem solved.

Perhaps, but your problem of reading comprehension remains.

I apologise for the remark earlier. It seems now that more people are coming out noticing that collectively, they have had worse luck. Everyone getting unlucky at one time doesn't seem logical...so you could be on to something. Chances are Jagex will say that they "fixed" it and it was too generous before(like they always do)...

So I say hope that it's just bad luck, because if it's actually coded to give you more bad ones, then you're screwed

w4M8t.png

I have planted 30 Snapdragon seeds in the past 24 hours and not a single one of them has died.

Bad luck only.

Edit-

Hi, welcome to runescape farming.

Average has always been 5 since they started giving out the little green hedge clippers.

Now that your paying attention you see it to. ::'

Tremblake, just leave your vile comments about Farming out of this. You already did this in the "Farming" thread and thus far not a single solitary person agrees with you. The average is 6.5 freaking herbs per seed. You, as we have already discussed, haven't done enough herb runs to even know this, so your "5 herbs is the average," talk is just that...talk. Doesn't retain any water.

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

|2,300+ Total|138 Combat|12 Lvl 99 Skills|99 Slayer|blogbutton.png

Folks, read what I wrote - I'm not stupid. My post wasn't "Durr, my sample of 2 runs proves something", it was "Something seems like it MIGHT be off so I want to investigate." C'mon guys, 98 farming, tens of thousands of herb runs. I'm not a farming noob.

Read carefully BEFORE you hit the reply button.

And trem, you're wrong. Average is roughly 6.5 w secateurs and scompost, and has been since I started.

Your "farming level credentials" mean nothing.

I'm 91 and everybody thinks my opinion is garbage and I leveled up to spirit trees on alotments and herbs because I'm cheap bastard that hates making GP.

Since you already researched your erroneous 7 herb / patch average why bother and post this?

Do you really think Jagex is capable of changing anything?

I mean it took one year for crossbows to be changed to something decent, and one month just for 26king to become 76king.

Yet, they changed the death rate on herbs just to see if you were noticing...

Hey, did you hear they nerfed whip drops????? :lol:

I have planted 30 Snapdragon seeds in the past 24 hours and not a single one of them has died.

Bad luck only.

Edit-

Hi, welcome to runescape farming.

Average has always been 5 since they started giving out the little green hedge clippers.

Now that your paying attention you see it to. ::'

Tremblake, just leave your vile comments about Farming out of this. You already did this in the "Farming" thread and thus far not a single solitary person agrees with you. The average is 6.5 freaking herbs per seed. You, as we have already discussed, haven't done enough herb runs to even know this, so your "5 herbs is the average," talk is just that...talk. Doesn't retain any water.

Haha!!

Hey you might want to close your eyes if you see one of my posts about summoning.

My opinion of farming is a bit higher than that of summoning. :twisted:

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

The average of 5 patches has always been 6.7 herbs/seed, there is countless people who have done thousands of seeds that will confirm this. Trembake you are trying to say you have to be right just because you have 91 farming, yet there is like 6 people on this thread with 99 farming that are proving you wrong.

The average of 5 patches has always been 6.7 herbs/seed, there is countless people who have done thousands of seeds that will confirm this. Trembake you are trying to say you have to be right just because you have 91 farming, yet there is like 6 people on this thread with 99 farming that are proving you wrong.

Not just 99, people with less. I've been getting 6.5 abverage since the dawn of farming with magic secateurs.

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

|2,300+ Total|138 Combat|12 Lvl 99 Skills|99 Slayer|blogbutton.png

I have noticed it as well. It might just be bad luck, but over the past few weeks I've noticed a siginficant increase in the number of herbs dying. I'm still averaging exactly 25 herbs per run, but 25%+ of my seeds are dying this month. Feel free to blame my farming level, but when you consider one of the patches can't get diseased that is still an abnormal amount.

SoLawny.png

I averaged 6.67 to 7.06 herbs out of *325 snap seeds including dead ones.

*I'm unsure maybe 10 more seeds, cos I get seeds when monsterhunting.

It would be nice if theres a standard so we can compare and contrast.

Total Level 2247- 11x 99s All Combat Skills, Slayer, Summoning, Woodcutting, Herblore

Every few months one of these topics comes up and people say the rate has changed and it hasn't. It's just bad luck. I have about 22m farming xp by the way, which is almost entirely from herb seeds.

Capone Sabre since April 2001.

99 Attack, Defence, Strength and Hitpoints Achieved January 2005. When it still meant something.

Capone_Sabre.png

this is a little off topic but it falls into the law of averages part i was rune minning yesterday, it took me over 3mins to mine the first ore of the trip (lvl 90)minning. Im thinking great this is gunna take forever they must of changed minning omg, end of the world, i hate hate jagex and they must hate me. But then the next 2 worlds i hop to i get the ore on the first swing both of them. Im a farming noob so i only have been growing guams and i only get like 4 or 5 most i ever got was 7, But most trips at least 1 of the plants will be dead. (i use super compost and magic speclars)

yeah, ive done multiple daily herb runs for the past 8 months, i usually just plant and leave them, normally i average about 1 death in 4-5 runs, the past few days half my herbs have died.

UZp6G.png

32,606th to 99 magic || 15,388th to 99 dungeoneering || 12,647th to 99 farming

14,792nd to 99 range || 24,954th to 99 herblore

Alright, if you're noticing a trend, start a data log and confirm/disprove it. There's no point arguing over something if there's no hard data.

Cmon guys, you should know this.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Alright, if you're noticing a trend, start a data log and confirm/disprove it. There's no point arguing over something if there's no hard data.

Cmon guys, you should know this.

Think of it as a pre-study to find out if it's worth doing a study. :)

Okay, I've had 21 runs in a row with at least one death out of the four regular patches. Supercompost on every patch.

Chances of 0 dying in 4 (assuming 10% death rate): .9^4 = approx 66%

So chances of at least one dying are 34%.

Chances of at least one dying 21 runs in a row: .34^21 = approx 0.000000014% or 14 times in ten billion.

That's awfully long odds. It's about the same odds as flipping a fair coin 33 times in a row and getting the same result all 33 times.

Someone check my math - it's been a long day.

If we assume that the 10% death rate is PER lifecycle phase (four phases?) -

Chance of one not dying = .9^4 = approx 66%

So chances of one dying are 34%.

Chances of 0 dying in 4 is .66^4 = 19%

So chances of one dying are 81%.

Chances of at least one dying 21 runs in a row =.81^21 or 1%. That's TOTALLY believable and possible.

Anyone up for logging herbs? :)

I've recently started farming again and haven't noticed any increase in death rate from before. I've got 347 kwuarms from 44 seeds (7.9 herbs/seed \' ) on the regular patches since saturday. Only one death in 44 seeds.

Rao.png

hmmm, i just did a farming run, 2 herb plants died out of 5...but they were lantadyme herbs which requires lvl 73 farming and i got 73 farming...so maybe that's is not a valid evidence..

[spoiler=Sig]oliboli1992.png

Oliboli1992.png

I like to think of the Dark Bow like a Rocket Propelled Grenade (RPG) - you get one shot and then you're screwed.

hmmm, i just did a farming run, 2 herb plants died out of 5...but they were lantadyme herbs which requires lvl 73 farming and i got 73 farming...so maybe that's is not a valid evidence..

Farming level doesn't matter for herb death rate or yield.

2dvjurb.png

I will look into logging my runs once I get home on wednesday. It's been something I've wanted to do for a while anyways. :P

Salamoniesunsetsig5.png

8,325th to 99 Firemaking 3/9/08 | 44,811th to 99 Cooking 7/16/08

4,968th to 99 Farming 10/9/09 | Runescaper August 2005-March 2010

Tip.it Mod Feb. 2008-Sep. 2008 | Tip.it Crew Sep. 2008-Nov. 2009

I've been using magic secatuers for a couple days.

My average yield is actually worse then before I used them.

It's just a bad run of luck, but at 98 farming, some herbs really shouldn't die what so ever. :|

Eejits.png

"Football is a simple game made complicated by people who should know better."

It's random, meaning you can get very bad streaks and you can get very good streaks. If you flip a coin 1000 times and it lands on heads each time, that doesn't suggest that coins are more likely to land on heads. Unless you were to test it an infinite amount of times, you wouldn't have a precise method of finding something like that out.

It's random, meaning you can get very bad streaks and you can get very good streaks. If you flip a coin 1000 times and it lands on heads each time, that doesn't suggest that coins are more likely to land on heads. Unless you were to test it an infinite amount of times, you wouldn't have a precise method of finding something like that out.

Actually, what it suggests is that the assumption you made about the coin is wrong. A fair coin is SO unlikely to land on one side 1000 times in a row that it's FAR likelier that something is wrong about the coin.

That's why I am saying here. I think our death rate assumptions might be wrong.

I have been noting about 1 in 5 herbs dying for me recently, but I'm pretty sure that's just a streak of bad luck, as many people have said.

sigbad0xt.jpg

Jack of all trades, master of thieving. 259th to 99 thieving. All stats 75+