Ranging Amulet

Dirkmetal

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Magic isn't doomed just because Jagex releases a ranging amulet. Magic already had an amulet, now it was just fair that ranging got one.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

Magic isn't doomed just because Jagex releases a ranging amulet. Magic already had an amulet, now it was just fair that ranging got one.

The difference is.

A level 3 clue itself takes few hours to get.

A treasure trail takes 10-30 minutes to do.

And after that, there is a 1/10000 chance to actually get the amulet (or equivalent priced gear) like other third age pieces.

The unicorn thing dies in like 10 seconds, and has a 1/200 chance to get it.

Hmm... :geek: I wonder how fair that is.

O.O

alot of people use range due to there being a safespot or like drgs who won't come to attack you and can't hurt you anyway, yes it doesn't have mega defence, but alot of the time for range it isn't needed, f you're somewhere where defence is needed, wear a fury?

baileydafrog.png

Imagine amulet with following stats:

Attack

Stab: 15

Slash: 15

Crush: 15

Magic: 0

Range: 0

Defence

Stab: 0

Slash: 0

Crush: 0

Range: 10

Strength: 8

Prayer: 0

This is same for meleer as what rangers got now. Would you take this over fury for bosses, pvp or training?

You guys know there is a reason there is the expression "fight at a range". The goal of a ranger or a mage is to kill off the competition before it can reach you. Naturally melee can easily close in on a ranger with thick armour, range is in range of mages when they are in range of the rangers, and mages can stop melee users who won't be able to reach because of their close range weapons. It's a fantastic system, if it was only some sort of a triangle... :-k

The only difference is that a smart melee user knows to get some mage defense, a smart mage knows to bring range defense, and a smart ranger knows to being melee defense. Manipulating the combat system to give you an advantage is also a skill, you just have to know how to use it.

Attack

Defence

This is same for meleer as what rangers got now. Would you take this over fury for bosses, pvp or training?

I'd buy one/kill whatever drops one for it, it gives insane accuracy bonuses. However, It would ONLY be better than a fury in a place where you DON'T need defense, AND prayer. Using it at GWD would be stupid, it had 0 defensive bonuses, same with pvp. As far as training goes, It would be good for places where the extra defense isn't going to matter.

Sumondskull6.png

Attack

Defence

I'd buy one/kill whatever drops one for it, it gives insane accuracy bonuses. However, It would ONLY be better than a fury in a place where you DON'T need defense, AND prayer. Using it at GWD would be stupid, it had 0 defensive bonuses, same with pvp. As far as training goes, It would be good for places where the extra defense isn't going to matter.

eh, at bandos and sara atleast, so long as you arent bandos tank/feel like risking certain death tanking zil, then a few extra def doesnt really do that much, especially with a unicorn

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

People are forgetting to look at this in perspective.

For a drop from a lvl 78 Slayer monster, this is great (compare to Granite legs from lvl 72 Skeletal Wyverns or Rune boots from the lvl 80 Necrychael). The Amulet, at the rate it is dropped, will soon drop to 600-700k and will offer a great alternative to a Fury for the players who are worse of financially. Especially the Slayer ranger, who, more often than not, safespots the task.

Of course this isn't AS good as a Fury. But the Fury is the high level player's playtoy, I feel the Range amulet is more geared towards the mid-level player who's climbing his way up.

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

I think people who want to train range where they don't need tank armour or they know they're going to safespot, will use it.

I think it will drop in about a week, but then gradually rise as people realise that it's pretty good

johannase.jpg

Thank you to tripsis for an awesome sig!

I think its a decent cheaper alternative. Just wish it included some defensive stats.

Ill prob still pick one up once they drop a bit and I get members again.

34zljex.png

Huzzah.png

Attack

Defence

You don't safespot with melee.

O.O

Attack

Defence

but what if you were at say, black drags and meleeing them with pray melee on

29bc22o.png

[hide=drops]10 black masks, 39 dragon boots, 21 whip, 9 dark bow, 7 dragon legs, 8 mauls, 3 dragon left half, 2 dragon spear, 2 hexcrest, 1 kbd heads, 10 dragon med, 2 R ammy, 2 granite legs, 1 bandos boots , 1 bandos hilt , 1 bandos chestplate, 1 saradomin sword(ls), 2 dragon claws(ls)(solo)[/hide]

[hide=Viralaether's guide to Mac use]1) take your mac

2) drop it off your roof

3) ??????

4) Profit![/hide]1/7/9 quest cape ||| 5/6/9 all diaries ||| 7/14/9 300 rank MA ||| 4998th to 99 summoning on 2/27/10

Attack

Defence

You don't safespot period in PvP... :|

2dgucz6.png

new slayer drops a range amulet? wtf...i just got 99 mage and atk last night too...with a name aquantine u think it would be friggin magic based -.- bah! eastern lands bette give mages a chance at being over powered again.....

Again? Since when was mage EVER overpowered?

since ancients, if you ever learnt how to use them properly

mmhm....when ancients first came out we didnt have furies or super powerfull c bows...o dont think fremmy rings either......ancients were powerfull..(was it before the whip? i dont really remember)

u could freeze someon for 30seconds and hit a 30 -.-..blood barrage would sap their health and add a portion to your own..smoke would poison them and of course shadow lowerds there attack (thus stacking)......i dont thin many people used shadow........but blood and ice was common ....smokes poison is nice but the added runes imo were a waster unlees u brought tllies

anyways...since then weve gotten god swords dragon claws..cross bow update.......EVERY CLASS has gotten new weapon upgrades or armours expet mages..../there still the only class thats max is a 30 and yes THEY "can" be powerfull still...but u dont have the ko option other classes do all mages really got is farcasting....and well rangers got that as well (just not as far..ancients can go really far >.<)

so in short

c bow update made range a god skill......

godswords helped balance melle back out to the rangers mad hits ..expensive swords though >.<

d claws overe powered melle spec and k0 options...kinda cheap but w\e and d bow really cant stand up to the claws

and well mage has yet to recive anything new armour or weapon wise (Steam staf doesnt count -.-)

back OT: the ranging amulet is truly not that big of an upgrade..but +5 atk bonus iis a respectable amount....i mean hell we all paid 1m+ for warrior rings adn thats only +4....

You totally miss the point of this.

A skilled mage can be incredibly powerful, if he uses spell stacking, which regularly hits 50+.

Said mage can also efficiently safespot rangers, as well as melee users, and effectivly pin them to the safespot position.

So, you can't move, you're being hit for massive amount of damage, and you can't hit them back.

They have also poisoned you, and totally healed all the damage you did previously.

And you say mages have no KO potential?

Magic's main problem is it's going in the wrong direction.

plain and simple.

A new spellbook, max hit in the 40-45 range. Incredibly accurate so it has a better chance than just insta dieing against range while still being disadvantaged. 10 second hold spells at max.

magic is much better as a sidearm for melee or range with barrage holds and blitz combos, raising its damage with 20 second binds and combo ability would definitely be overpowered.

but 10 second, it loses most of its hybrid value while still letting a farcast mage deal massive damage to melee

as it stands, no mage, attacking me with nothing but mage, will beat me, using only melee. Ever. No zgs needed, just some solid magic defense to give me some quality time with the mage and my claws or ags.

When Jagex released ancients, the way they designed the magic gave more power to the hybrids than the mages, and that's the reason mages keep complaining about being underpowered.

Attack

Defence

Then you'd be missing out on a significant amount of prayer bonuses as oppossed to the fury, plus it'd be more effective to range safespot them with the new amulet of ranging ;) .

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

[hide=]
new slayer drops a range amulet? wtf...i just got 99 mage and atk last night too...with a name aquantine u think it would be friggin magic based -.- bah! eastern lands bette give mages a chance at being over powered again.....

Again? Since when was mage EVER overpowered?

since ancients, if you ever learnt how to use them properly

mmhm....when ancients first came out we didnt have furies or super powerfull c bows...o dont think fremmy rings either......ancients were powerfull..(was it before the whip? i dont really remember)

u could freeze someon for 30seconds and hit a 30 -.-..blood barrage would sap their health and add a portion to your own..smoke would poison them and of course shadow lowerds there attack (thus stacking)......i dont thin many people used shadow........but blood and ice was common ....smokes poison is nice but the added runes imo were a waster unlees u brought tllies

anyways...since then weve gotten god swords dragon claws..cross bow update.......EVERY CLASS has gotten new weapon upgrades or armours expet mages..../there still the only class thats max is a 30 and yes THEY "can" be powerfull still...but u dont have the ko option other classes do all mages really got is farcasting....and well rangers got that as well (just not as far..ancients can go really far >.<)

so in short

c bow update made range a god skill......

godswords helped balance melle back out to the rangers mad hits ..expensive swords though >.<

d claws overe powered melle spec and k0 options...kinda cheap but w\e and d bow really cant stand up to the claws

and well mage has yet to recive anything new armour or weapon wise (Steam staf doesnt count -.-)

back OT: the ranging amulet is truly not that big of an upgrade..but +5 atk bonus iis a respectable amount....i mean hell we all paid 1m+ for warrior rings adn thats only +4....

You totally miss the point of this.

A skilled mage can be incredibly powerful, if he uses spell stacking, which regularly hits 50+.

Said mage can also efficiently safespot rangers, as well as melee users, and effectivly pin them to the safespot position.

So, you can't move, you're being hit for massive amount of damage, and you can't hit them back.

They have also poisoned you, and totally healed all the damage you did previously.

And you say mages have no KO potential?

[/hide]

Magic's main problem is it's going in the wrong direction.

plain and simple.

A new spellbook, max hit in the 40-45 range. Incredibly accurate so it has a better chance than just insta dieing against range while still being disadvantaged. 10 second hold spells at max.

magic is much better as a sidearm for melee or range with barrage holds and blitz combos, raising its damage with 20 second binds and combo ability would definitely be overpowered.

but 10 second, it loses most of its hybrid value while still letting a farcast mage deal massive damage to melee

as it stands, no mage, attacking me with nothing but mage, will beat me, using only melee. Ever. No zgs needed, just some solid magic defense to give me some quality time with the mage and my claws or ags.

When Jagex released ancients, the way they designed the magic gave more power to the hybrids than the mages, and that's the reason mages keep complaining about being underpowered.

You might as well say that it's a problem with the mechanism of RuneScape. The so called 'ranged/farcasting' don't even last more than 2 hits before your enemy's next to you even for monsters, there's no knockback system, you just use the highest hitting spell based on your magic level, and all spells cast at the same speed of what, every 3 seconds?

Zepheras.png

"Do you really want to go back to the time when Falador was grey, lesser demon look like goats, dragons look like cows, hellhound look like cats and your character stands as stiff as a statue?"

-F1775

I was just thinking to myself that perhaps Jagex could make this amulet better without raising defences by making it the Ranger's version of the Black Mask, providing a range accuracy and possibly a range strength boost whilst fighting monsters on task. They could even give it 10 charges or something that lowers the opponents defence or something too.

It remains as a useful piece of equipment for Rangers whilst also having a secondary advantage for them whilst on task. Could be pretty useful for metal dragons, and it could also boost the damage output of cannons. A nice little friend for Slayers!

Just a little idea I had, personally I'm not too bothered about the amulet, although I will try to pick one up for myself just to say I have it atleast.

Dark_Jab.png

Its already a range equivalent of third age mage amulet, only millions of dollars cheaper and way easier to get.

Why make it better?

People are throwing around adding defensive stats to it and some people don't think it is a good amulet, so I just had the thought of giving it a boost.

Dark_Jab.png

Its already a range equivalent of third age mage amulet, only millions of dollars cheaper and way easier to get.

Why make it better?

People are throwing around adding defensive stats to it and some people don't think it is a good amulet, so I just had the thought of giving it a boost.

That would be pretty overpowered for a drop from a mere level 78 slayer monster.

Zepheras.png

"Do you really want to go back to the time when Falador was grey, lesser demon look like goats, dragons look like cows, hellhound look like cats and your character stands as stiff as a statue?"

-F1775

Why make it better?

That would be pretty overpowered for a drop from a mere level 78 slayer monster.

You can get black mask at lv 58, and you say a range based black mask in lv 78 is a overpowered drop?

Why make it better?

You can get black mask at lv 58, and you say a range based black mask in lv 78 is a overpowered drop?

No, I meant adding defensive stats to it would make it overpowered.. You're either trying to devalue fury, or make this amulet worth too much , or too good for its price after the market is flooded with it, seeing that the drop rate is pretty good. But an effect similar to black mask for ranged won't be that bad. Maybe I misread the previous few posts, but most people were comparing it to fury and how the amulet is worthless without defensive stats, which I don't see the need for in terms of ranging monsters.

Zepheras.png

-F1775