School

Pinkbullet3

Starting university on the 7th...

Going to be a massive change for me lol. Moving a few hours away from home and living in residence.

Studying engineering (meaning that I will have a massive amount of classes and homework). I hope I can stay motivated... :|

• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow Americans go back early, i don't start till mid September.

I think a general rule of thumb (for public high schools/secondary schools) is that the further south you are, the earlier you start (but the earlier you get out). That means schools in Texas start in August, while schools in the UK and the northeast start in September.

And I realized why no one is starting on my birthday - it's a [bleep]ing Sunday. #-o

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

When does your school start?: School starts on August 26th for me.

Are you looking forward to the new school year?: Well its my first year of high school, so I am looking forward to it a bit. I just know [cabbage] is going to be harder

now, especially with honors courses. Oh, and for my 2nd semester schedule I have "Beginning strength and conditioning", right after lunch -.-

What changes compared to last school year do you plan on making?: Since I'm out of Middle school, I'm going to try harder in my classes now.

I thought 9th grade was easier then 8th. ;)

And Rocco is right I like school. I go back next Wednesday, the only thing I'm not looking forward to is going in with my haircut (should grow in a week I hope)

Still have Biology summer assignment to do. #-o

Still throwing around the idea of college this year. If I do decide to go, classes start September 7th. My current job at this provincial park ends September 10th, but I've banked enough days to take off just in case. It's really a toss up because I can save a few thousand dollars if I wait one more year, as I am in a particular government program. With every $1000 I put in they put in $500. The longer I wait, the more I save, but I don't want to wait too long. I'm still making money while I wait to add on top of that.

Also, since I'm of Metis descent I can potentially have all of my schooling, room & board paid for by the federation. They're having a meeting to decide which people they will choose out of the many, many applicants. If I was chosen then I would definitely wait a year, if need be, to save a hell of a lot of money.

I'd be excited to go back to school again. It'd be like a vacation, as I would finally be choosing what I want to learn, and enjoying every minute of it :thumbsup:

I got the Metis scholarship. Now I can save this 9 grand from the summer for my use and go to college. This is going to be an awesome year. I just need to keep my grades up so I can potentially continue with funding next year. :thumbup:

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

I start uni around the beginning of October, so i've got a few months left of nothing-ness.

I really wish i could go back to secondary school, looking back on it, it was so much fun and much more free than you think at the time.

College (uni) gives you a lot of free time as a freshman.

I get confused with the American System. Here in the uk, you finish secondary school (high school) at 16, then can either end school, or go to college for two years(or 6th form). then after those two years go to university.

6th form and secondary school were so much fun looking back on them. At the time it felt so grinding and boring, but oh by god i wish i could have that much of an easy life nowdays. 6th form esepcailly, doing only three subjects, i had so many free periods, life was a breeze. The best part though was that it was free.

Uni is so complicated, the fees alone are taking months to sort out, i had less complications in around 14 years of schooling than i have in the 4-6 months of trying to sort out fees for university.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

I start on August 31st, which is three days before I usually do. I'll be a freshman in high school. :S

I can already tell this year's gonna suck, since I can't imagine any of my friends being in any of my classes (they're all in honors and taking art, and I'm taking some computer class). I already know none of them will be in my homeroom. Then there are some other reasons that I don't feel like discussing. Oh, and there's always Freshman Friday.

Still, I am kind of excited. I'll be in high school now. And there's all the anticipation of new classes, new teachers, new friends...

Roses are red,

Violets are blue.

This line doesn't rhyme,

And neither does this one.

Still, I am kind of excited. I'll be in high school now. And there's all the anticipation of new classes, new teachers, new friends...

Same for me ::'

99 Hunter - November 1st, 2008

99 Cooking -July 22nd, 2009

99 Firemaking - July 29th, 2010

99 Fletching - December 30th, 2010

[hide=]
I start uni around the beginning of October, so i've got a few months left of nothing-ness.

I really wish i could go back to secondary school, looking back on it, it was so much fun and much more free than you think at the time.

[/hide]

I get confused with the American System. Here in the uk, you finish secondary school (high school) at 16, then can either end school, or go to college for two years(or 6th form). then after those two years go to university.

6th form and secondary school were so much fun looking back on them. At the time it felt so grinding and boring, but oh by god i wish i could have that much of an easy life nowdays. 6th form esepcailly, doing only three subjects, i had so many free periods, life was a breeze. The best part though was that it was free.

Uni is so complicated, the fees alone are taking months to sort out, i had less complications in around 14 years of schooling than i have in the 4-6 months of trying to sort out fees for university.

For the American System, you graduate high school (usually you're 18) and then you go to college. High school consists of grades 9 through 12 (freshman, sophomore, junior, senior), and you usually sort out your college applications the summer before and going into senior year. To me, the UK system seems confusing, lol. #-o

:thumbup:

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

[hide=]

[/hide]

For the American System, you graduate high school (usually you're 18) and then you go to college. High school consists of grades 9 through 12 (freshman, sophomore, junior, senior), and you usually sort out your college applications the summer before and going into senior year. To me, the UK system seems confusing, lol. #-o

UK is indeed confusing.

I live in canada, going into GR 11. There was a girl last year who moved here from the US, but she already was in GR 10, but she took it again? I have no idea why, it's so messed up.

In Canada its:

gr 1 - 6, elementary

7-9 junior high

10-12 senior high :?

Staurolite.png

My school starts August 26th to my dismay. My school goes on a block schedule. 4 blocks per semester, 5 if you take a 0 block class and go to school early. I'll be taking the following classes (this is my junior year):

AP Calculus AB/BC

AP Chemistry+An extra block taken up for labs every other day (I have 1 hr 30 mins of library time to do mass AP hw when we don't have labs =P)

AP English Language

General Anatomy

Psycology (general class...don't want to bother taking AP)

Physics (general class...not AP yet, maybe senior year)

[hide=]

[/hide]

UK is indeed confusing.

I live in canada, going into GR 11. There was a girl last year who moved here from the US, but she already was in GR 10, but she took it again? I have no idea why, it's so messed up.

In Canada its:

gr 1 - 6, elementary

7-9 junior high

10-12 senior high :?

I live in canada and that's not how it works, but that's cause I'm in frenchieland.

k-6= elementary

7-8=junior high

9-11= senior high

then we have two years of cegep, one of which can count for your first year of university, depending on the courses you take.

Mine started August 11th, which seems early compared to others who've posted..

My classes are:

Honors U.S. History

AP Calculus AB/BC

Honors English III

Adv. Chemistry II

Civil Engineering

and then Art.

17175_s.gif

[spoiler=Quotes]

Goddammit Monk, stop being so full of win.

I am Monk's [bleep]

In the french system, I'm entering high school (for the french it starts in the 10th grade. They also count backwards, go figure), and I get to go wherever I want at lunch as long as I'm back in school in time. I don't have music (YES!), art (YES!), technology (better than math I guess. I get to be better than my teacher with computers...), and I'm starting Cinematography (most likely won't be as fancy as you think) and Economic and Social sciences (teacher's cool I heard). A lot of people changing schools this year, but I heard a lot of new people are coming too, so I'm crossing my fingers for them to be cool.

So you're going to be "troisieme" or "3e" instead of 10th grade?

"Seconde" or "2nde". A grade higher.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

Hmm. Starts on the 17th for me. Going into 8th grade.

My plans? Get good grades, kick this one [cabbage] heads arse, impress teachers, make more friends, get a girlfriend that will stay FAITHFUL.

The end :P

Kick some [wagon]? Aren't you the crier? :lol:

Yes I am just kidding.

I shall take my flock underneath my own wing, and kick them right the [bleep] out of the tree. If they were meant to fly, they won't break their necks on the concrete.
So, what is 1.111... equal to?

10/9.

Please don't continue.

wm1c2w.jpg

3 more days for me :thumbsup: Just got my schedule, I have good classes. I'm just glad I don't have to take gym this year \'

I have:

Language Arts

Science

American Studies ( :( )

Reading (With the wrestling coach... Who is a published poet :o )

Algebra 1 (advanced)

Spanish (Yay for year round elective!)

Orchestra (yay for 2 year round electives! no GYM!!!)

I'm pretty excited. Can't wait to see friends, Algebra is gonna be hawt, tons of new orchestra opportunities ::' and the 2010 national science bowl competition =D> I hope we do better than last year :lol:

Gonna be an exciting 8th grade year!

4rvq0m.jpg

^Hawt new Siggy^ Made by yours truly.

Yeah, Spanish class is where everything funny happens.

Click To see my Origami gallery!

[hide=Important drops]Important drops..... Bandos Tassets x2

Dragon medium helm x 1

Dragon pickaxe x 1 (6m)

Verac's Brassard x 1

Veracs's Helm x 2

Verac's Skirt x 1

Guthan's Helm x 2

Guthan's spear x 1

Karil's Leatherskirt x 1

Karil's C'bow x 1

Dharok's Helm x 1 (4.6m)[/hide]

Start August 31st, could be 20th of September dependent on this whole Swine Flu stuff is going. Going into 5th year (Junior for you yanks), basically it means I have a [cabbage] load of study from here on while I also have to train 5 times a week so I can try to make panel 1 (the senior team) of the school Rugby team.

So ye, I'm going to be cherishing my weekends this school year.

Classes:

English

Maths

Gaelige (National Irish language)

French

History

Geography

Chemistry

Agricultural science.

The UK system isn't weird. Regarding subject choices:

From Primary school until your 3rd year (in general) of secondary school you just do a load of subjects given to you, but then you drop some subjects and only do the ones you're going to do GCSE in. After 2 years of GCSEs, you go to 6th Form College and do the first part of 4 A level subjects you pick (or BTEC or Applied A level or whatever) then in your second year of 6th Form you might drop one of them and do the second half of the A levels. Then you go to University. I really don't get all this AP rubbish I hear Americans coming out with.

Anyway I get my results for my first half of my A levels (AS) on Thursday. I'm not worried about them at all. I also think I'm not going to drop any, unless I fail one. I'm doing Psychology (probably get a B or C), Sociology (B, though I might have screwed up the test), ICT (A), and English Literature (A). I was going to drop English Lit but if I get a good grade in it, it might be worth keeping going with it.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

Hmm. Starts on the 17th for me. Going into 8th grade.

My plans? Get good grades, kick this one [cabbage] heads arse, impress teachers, make more friends, get a girlfriend that will stay FAITHFUL.

The end :P

Kick some [wagon]? Aren't you the crier? :lol:

Yes I am just kidding.

-.- Just cause I cry alot doesn't mean I can kick someones [wagon]. Muay Thai, Judo, Krav Maga, and Aikido ftw?

oh and,

I'm taking Exploratory Science,

Algebra 1

English something

us history

Physical Science

PE

and I'm going to do football.

The UK system isn't weird. Regarding subject choices:

From Primary school until your 3rd year (in general) of secondary school you just do a load of subjects given to you, but then you drop some subjects and only do the ones you're going to do GCSE in. After 2 years of GCSEs, you go to 6th Form College and do the first part of 4 A level subjects you pick (or BTEC or Applied A level or whatever) then in your second year of 6th Form you might drop one of them and do the second half of the A levels. Then you go to University. I really don't get all this AP rubbish I hear Americans coming out with.

Anyway I get my results for my first half of my A levels (AS) on Thursday. I'm not worried about them at all. I also think I'm not going to drop any, unless I fail one. I'm doing Psychology (probably get a B or C), Sociology (B, though I might have screwed up the test), ICT (A), and English Literature (A). I was going to drop English Lit but if I get a good grade in it, it might be worth keeping going with it.

AP= Advanced placement. Speaks for itself.

99 Hunter - November 1st, 2008

99 Cooking -July 22nd, 2009

99 Firemaking - July 29th, 2010

99 Fletching - December 30th, 2010

I got my schedule today, I really like it although I'm sure my friends won't have one even close to it. I also have two teachers from last year that love me :lol:

[hide=I bet you care.]Blue days I have: Journalism - World History Pre-AP - Independent Studies English (Academic Octathlon) - Lunch - Community Applications (I think either health or speech) - Algebra 2 Pre-AP (With my math teacher from last year, who loves me in a hating way). Looks like this will be my easy day, and I bet it'll go by quick.

Red days (I always have them harder and longer! Damn...) Theater Arts 2 (Bright and early in the morning. Me and my theater teacher have a funny friendship) - Chemistry Pre-AP - English 2 Pre-AP - Video Tech (this one is interesting. It's duel credit, and I thought it was only in the spring, so it really surprised me.) - Spanish 2 Pre-AP.[/hide]

Pretty neat schedule. I'll be a sophomore.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

I got my official course list yesterday, apparently I have Graphics Communications instead of Drafting. What. I didn't even sign up for it.

But I don't care. I'm actually kind of interested in Graphic Arts. Though the class I'm apparently currently signed up for is kind of stupid, you don't really do anything. If the teacher is who I think it is though, it should be fine.

Though I'm taking this to my counselor again. :wall:

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.