What movie(s) did you last see?

How2PK

Was it any good compared to the original book by George Mathieson? I know it was written about 70 years ago, but I felt it was well ahead of the times with a great ending.... was hoping the movie would fulfill this.

I haven't read the book, but the ending of the movie was OK. Not as good as the ending to The Last Man on Earth, but that was changed from the book also apparently.

Shoot 'Em Up - Exactly what you would expect from a movie with this title.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

The Wind That Shakes the Barley - Irish history always interests me, so I enjoyed this movie. Most of the time I was just thinking about the history part rather than the movie part. Sometimes it was hard to understand what they were saying also, which was disgruntling because I want to move to Ireland someday. Didn't understand the Irish Gaelic at all obviously, luckily most Irish speak English.

The Good German - A WW2 movie that doesn't have any battles in it, it takes place in Potsdam during the peace conference. It was interesting, but I was kind of bored during some of it. I liked the real footage mixed in the movie, but I don't really think it was needed. It seemed like it was just added to make the movie more artsy or something.

Ferris Bueller's Day Off - This is a classic. If you watch any sort of high school comedies, you have to see this one.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

I'm looking for a title of a movie I heard about and rather than make a new thread, I'll just post here, cuz I'm sure Daan or Indy will see this and know it.

I believe it's a french-made film. A family receives a video tape, which contains hours of footage filmed outside their house (i.e - someone is watching them), which leads to secrets from their past be revealed. Apparently, there is a very disturbing scene at one point (I never heard a spoiler of what it was, but maybe something involving a chicken?).

Any help would be appreciated!

I'm looking for a title of a movie I heard about and rather than make a new thread, I'll just post here, cuz I'm sure Daan or Indy will see this and know it.

I believe it's a french-made film. A family receives a video tape, which contains hours of footage filmed outside their house (i.e - someone is watching them), which leads to secrets from their past be revealed. Apparently, there is a very disturbing scene at one point (I never heard a spoiler of what it was, but maybe something involving a chicken?).

Any help would be appreciated!

you're probably talking about Cacḫ̩̉̉

The Golden Compass

Good, as a standalone film but it didn't quite do the book justice. It was in a slightly mismatched order and I felt that by cutting it down they cut out a lot of the scenes which really developed the other characters. That said, what was shown was very authentic and almost just how I imagined it. Couldn't fault any of the acting either. I think as big budget treatments of books go this was probably the best that could have been hoped for, but it just felt a little too rushed for me, you didn't really get any kind of attachment in this one.

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

The Golden Compass

Good, as a standalone film but it didn't quite do the book justice. It was in a slightly mismatched order and I felt that by cutting it down they cut out a lot of the scenes which really developed the other characters. That said, what was shown was very authentic and almost just how I imagined it. Couldn't fault any of the acting either. I think as big budget treatments of books go this was probably the best that could have been hoped for, but it just felt a little too rushed for me, you didn't really get any kind of attachment in this one.

I agree the movie could have been longer. It did manage to keep the pace up really well this way though. I just hope we get a second and third movie.

Sky High - Combine a super hero movie with a high school movie and this is what you have. Doesn't do either all that well, but it is still enjoyable. I think it is mostly the cast that made the movie for me, namely Mary Elizabeth Winstead. Bruce Campbell and Kurt Russell also helped out. I think a less family friendly version of this movie could have been awesome. Theoretically any movie with BC and KR in it should be the coolest movie ever anyways.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

Seen a lot of things lately, but for some reason I always forget to post. Last movie I saw:

Iklimer - What a let-down. A lot of long shtos, that aren't very functional, not even very special. And it isn't really a problem on itself, but if there's nothing happening, it gets incredibly boring. Ceylan and his girlfriend aren't very happy together. That's what you get in the first minute. Then you see them together at a friends place, they ride a scooter, break up, he plays some tennis, he has sex with his ex (another ex), he's in the sauna, he goes traveling, he meets Bahar again, and in the end they're still unhappy. This goes all in close ups, and a 'deep' look in the eyes. The underlying message must be that there is a culture change in Turkey, the possition of the female in relationships in changing, at least, that's what I suspect. But all in all I just didn't care one bit for the movie and it bored the hell out of me. And that doesn't happen very often. I prefer Ozu.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

Blade Runner (Final Cut)

Although I bought the DVD, I waited for the cinema re-release... and I'm so glad I did. This movie just hasn't aged one little bit. It's truly timeless.

I haven't watched it in about 10 years so it was like watching a new movie for me.

P.S.... I finally noticed the evidence that Ford was in fact a Replicant hehe.

Harrington.gif

Blade Runner (Final Cut)

Although I bought the DVD, I waited for the cinema re-release... and I'm so glad I did. This movie just hasn't aged one little bit. It's truly timeless.

truely timeless,this is a classic

speaking of Philip KD,i saw A Scanner Darkly yesterday,cant say i realy enjoyed it.

Though the animation effects was quite impressive it felt like someone's else bad "trip".had the same feeling when reading PKD's "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?" (the one bladerunner was based upon) back then.

Also (finnaly) saw Revenge of the Sith. since its 2 predecessors were crap i didnt rush to see that one. well,actually i quite enjoyed the last hour, Obi-Wan Kenobi ftw :D

The Golden Compass

I agree the movie could have been longer. It did manage to keep the pace up really well this way though. I just hope we get a second and third movie.

Yeah, what with the shortened ending it needs the other two films to do it justice. I agree the pace was kept up nicely, it was probably a mistake to read the book again so close to it because the book's such a high benchmark to judge it against.

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"