What movie(s) did you last see?

How2PK

Airplane! - A classic, it is hilarious. The first time was funnier, still pretty funny the second time though.

Reign Over Me - I stayed away from this movie because it didn't really look like something I would be interested in. It actually turned out to be pretty good. Sandler played a drama role well again, which really shows he can actually act. Don Cheadle is always good so that wasn't unexpected. Two actors with small roles were B.J. Novak and Donald Sutherland, who I like to see in movies/TV.

Happiness - Well this movie was odd, and downright awkward through most of it. I can't see watching this with anyone else.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

Liberty Heights - Any sort of movie about racism normally doesn't interest me all that much. I guess it's just because I can't relate. This movie was alright, nothing special.

Little Monsters - (long story short, movie had nostalgic value. skip to second paragraph) Periodically, I would say once a year at the most, I will think about this movie. Not really think about it, just vaguely remember seeing it a long, long time ago and remembering two or three scenes. Well, I thought about it around three weeks ago, and thought about trying to find it. I didn't have much to go on though, so I never went through with it. I vaguely remember something about something under the bed, not liking light, and a beach at the end. If I would have asked someone would have known probably. Anyways, this last weekend I had friends over and we were IMDb'ing as I like to call it, basically moving from one actor/actress/movie/director/writer to another as we think of them, just browsing. Eventually got to Rick Ducommun (started that round at Charlie Wilson's War, then Tom Hanks, then The 'burbs, then him) and lo and behold, he was in Little Monsters. I didn't recognize the name, but my friends did (we scroll through the list and pretty much say what we've seen and if we would recommend it). I asked what it was, and as soon as he explained it I knew it was the movie.

Anyways, onto the movie:

It wasn't all that great. I almost gave up around 40 minutes into it. I never give up watching a movie, no matter how bad. I decided to stick it out, mostly to see if the end was like I thought it was. I can see how my memories remembered what they did, but I forgot pretty much everything else. I would not recommend this movie to anyone, unless of course it has nostalgic value to you.

"Chuck" season 1 - Supposed to be a geeky show, but it isn't. It's fairly good, sometimes funny but I don't think I have laughed out loud yet. I'd say it's worth seeing just for Yvonne Strahovski.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

Terminator 2: Judgment Day - Caught the last 2/3 of this one. Friend was watching it for the first time (he watched #1 earlier). Watched this not too long ago, so it was a little early to watch it again. I just don't like doing that.

Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines - Same situation as above. This one however had eye candy (Claire Danes, Kristanna Loken) so I was mostly just watching them the whole time, and was enjoying myself.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

Aliens versus Predetor: Requim

This one was better than the first by a mile. Tons of action, lot of suspense -- pretty much what you want in a good flick like this. I enjoyed myself, basically. :P

This one was better than the first by a mile. Tons of action, lot of suspense -- pretty much what you want in a good flick like this. I enjoyed myself, basically. :P

Do I need to see the first one before seeing this one?

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

Nah not really, it shows what happens at the end of the first so its not really needed.

Nah not really, it shows what happens at the end of the first so its not really needed.

I can't wait to see this one. Aliens is my favourite movie of all time, and I love the whole franchise. I think AvP was relatively poor, so I'm glad to hear it's better than that one.

Harrington.gif

I'm not too sure about Alien vs. Predator Requiem. The trailer looked decent but the fact that they're not showing the films to critics before it's released (standard practice, it allows for pre-opening night publicity) makes me suspect that it won't be as good as the trailer suggests. I'll probably still go to see it if I have the time and I'm bored.

wild_bunch.gif

He who learns must suffer, and, even in our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart,

and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.

- Aeschylus (525 BC - 456 BC)

I can't wait to see this one. Aliens is my favourite movie of all time, and I love the whole franchise. I think AvP was relatively poor, so I'm glad to hear it's better than that one.

Me too, Alien is ftw. I wanted to go see that Christmas Day, but I saw I Am Legend. Which leads me to the point of my post: LAst movie I saw was "I Am Legend".

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

Knocked Up

Definately one of the funniest movies I've seen in years. Some of the gags were pure genious. The best thing about this movie was the trailer. With most comedies, the trailer shows virtually all of the funny bits... Knocked Up only showed you the one scene. This way I didn't feel like I was going through 90 minutes of deja-vu

10/10

Harrington.gif