2376/2376 total achieved - May 2009

Retired Dec 2009

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

- Broken Combat 'Triangle'

- Jagex trying to 'fix' things that's not broken

- Jagex being slow (Windstriking/bolting, anyone?)

- Horrible Economy caused by Manipulator Clans

- False promises from Jagex

Yup, my little Jagex rant, those aren't really my top 5 but rather the first 5 I can think of. There are too much in RuneScape which is broken, including lack of respect between players. And as said earlier, the lack of variety in armour sets.

i agree with most of the things thats already been said a thousand times, so im just gonna add one more thing:

The lack of balance between skills and combat; there really is no need to train skills anymore, you used to be able to make money with them but those theres are far gone. The only reason to train them is to reach certain lvls to be able to use certain items or do certain quests. The skill itself holds no value anymore.

This is the reason why most people (sadly me included) only train combat and leave skills be untill youve earned enough money to powertrain them to 99 and never bother with them again.

Lord_Beloved.png

In the order from least pressing to most, here goes:

Number five: The community.

Players rarely work together and teamwork, outside of minigames, is only rarely rewarded. Most activities in this game are highly competitive; we look at other players as competitors for limited resources as opposed to allies who might help us in a pinch. Monsters, ore, wood- those are just a handful of items that you compete with other players to obtain. Most bosses are capable of being soloed so even then there's no need for teamwork. Furthermore, support for clans is abysmal. The only thing a clan gets is the horridly primitive clan chat and nothing more. Really, Runescape is a very lonely game.

Number four: Lack of high level content.

Really, there's nothing I can say that hasn't been said already.

Number three: The economy.

Between merchant clans, PvP inflation, and the G.E.s various caps, the economy is barely functional. Jagex needs to take a stance against merchant clans and they need to remove floors and ceilings from the G.E. They also need to loosen caps and let players decide the prices of new items.

Number two: Skills vs. Combat.

Right now, skills are mostly obsolete. Practically everything can be obtained through combat- raw materials and finished products. Furthermore, combat is, hands down, the best way to make money. This sorta ties into the lack of high level content; you can kill two birds with one stone by releasing new, high level content that makes skills useful again.

Number one: Jagex.

Runescape is an amazing game, but Jagex is a horrible company. They're arrogant, stubborn, controlling, dishonest, refuse to listen to players, have lost touch with their own game, they abuse their customers, and, from various diaries and such, they sound horribly inefficient. Jagex is not professional. They need to learn to listen to their customers, respect their customers, and admit their mistakes. If they would stop acting in the way they do, players would be more willing to cut them slack. I know I would.

If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

1. Grand Exchange has become a blight on the land, it allows quick and easy access for people who don't even play the game to lock up resources for gold farming instead of doing what was intended to do and make it easy and quick for real players to get things. RWTing companies are really taking advantage of this to sell you loaded accounts. Undo GE limits, delete coinshare, and cap item/trade max values at 100mil.

2. Skills are dead unless you want the cape, but most of capes have no merit as they are simplely buyable.

3. Jagex refusal to have beta testing of updates. They are too inept to find the bugs in their own game, at least leave it to the players that can.

4. Updates as a whole. Updates used to expand and refine the game. Now they simply are filler with no direction in site. Also, they have all but abandoned trying to retain any players who reach 120+ by simply not providing new content. They would rather recruit next years class of junior high school students.

I could go on, but those four are more than enough...

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

What would you say they are?

For me, I'd say the five biggest problems are these:

1. Price manipulators

2. The general lack of balance in pvm. The fact that melee owns there, and everything else stinks annoys me.

3. The lack of high level content.

4. The fact that in f2p pvp magic can't get a win at a decent combat level.

5. The wholes in Jagex's quest storylines.

1. Don't pay much attention to prices as I've never been tight with money both IRL and on RS.

2. Hmm, yes. You didn't have to think hard to spot that one which just goes to show how unbalanced it is; and has been for longer than I've been around.

3. Disagree here. Too much high level content for me (in combat). I'm level 113 with 1 summoning and have high levels in all combat stats. And I can honestly tell you I thought the game was 3 times more exciting when a whip was the weapon to beat all weapons and everybody wore barrows.

As for skills, to me, Jagex do seem to update them as often as they should. I agree that for some skills, level 99 shouldn't just mean an achievement cape. But for the best part, most skills do seem to improve your ability as your level gets higher. Over the years Jagex has improved the high level content immensely so I personally can't find much to complain about.

4. I don't really think Jagex are too interested in F2P anyway. I think people who refuse to pay £3.50 for a game that's actually worth spending more than 5 minutes on are just plain tight with money (which the majority of F2Pers are). Some can't get memberships because they're not available in their area or their parents won't let them. So they're the unlucky ones.

5. I can't really comment here as the last time i was a quester was probably 2006.

Runescape is an amazing game, but Jagex is a horrible company. They're arrogant, stubborn, controlling, dishonest, refuse to listen to players, have lost touch with their own game, they abuse their customers, and, from various diaries and such, they sound horribly inefficient. Jagex is not professional. They need to learn to listen to their customers, respect their customers, and admit their mistakes. If they would stop acting in the way they do, players would be more willing to cut them slack. I know I would.

That sounds harsh. My picture of Jagex is quite different to yours. They really listen to the players (just look at all the pvp updates this year). They really play their game (FunOrb is a good example for that with the Mod Wars). And thinking they are arrogant, stubborn, controlling etc. is more offending. I don't know any other company which is more community oriented.

I think people who refuse to pay £3.50 for a game that's actually worth spending more than 5 minutes on are just plain tight with money (which the majority of F2Pers are).

I'm just playing the free version of the game which I enjoy and I don't have any interest in most of the members content so there's no reason for me to pay for the members version. And I'm sure there are other people who think the same.

[404] Signature not found.

That sounds harsh. My picture of Jagex is quite different to yours. They really listen to the players (just look at all the pvp updates this year). They really play their game (FunOrb is a good example for that with the Mod Wars). And thinking they are arrogant, stubborn, controlling etc. is more offending. I don't know any other company which is more community oriented.

They really listen to players!?! Those PKing updates were never asked for barring the removal of high value slayer items from the drop table. The resulting statuettes sent the market into spiraling inflation from which it shan't recover for the longest time. Players are SICK of PvP updates. We don't want anymore- especially PKers. And then you have incidents like when some guy lost 350 million at Mobilizing Armies due to a glitch. When he posted it on the RSOF, a Jagex moderator was rude to him, told him he hadn't, and then, when it was confirmed he had lost the money, gave a terse apology.

And they DON'T play their own game. Well, they might play Funorb's minigames, but they don't play Runescape. Jagex considers level 70 to be high level content when most players want 80 at the minimum.

And they are most certainly NOT community oriented. They have NO way to contact them, they do NOT allow you to appeal bans for macroing, they lock forum posts without disclosing the reason, they do little to nothing to support clans, and they demand that you follow their rules like a sheeple.

If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

- Construction is abandoned, as well as others.

I've actually heard that Jagex is planning to release a Construction update over the next few months. I doubt it'll be anything worthwhile though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PJhVuP2AnA (Not embedding purposely.)

167o3v9.png

From that video.

The contents of the video do not look very promising, however.

2dgucz6.png

I've actually heard that Jagex is planning to release a Construction update over the next few months. I doubt it'll be anything worthwhile though.

[hide=]167o3v9.png[/hide]

From that video.

The last thing we need is an update for an already balanced skill..... -.- -.- -.-

Seriously Jagex. Your time could of been spent fixing firemaking, woodcut, fishing, farming, herblore, etc., though you decided to add content to a skill that has next to no holes in it from 1 to 99.

Stellactic.gif

1: Price Manipulators - cc become stockbrokers, commodities and items become stocks and GE becomes the stockmarket

2: Grand Exchange - see above

3: Buyable Skills - what's the point apart from the cape?

4: Autoers/bug abusers/macroing

5: PvP System

'Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.' T.S. Eliot

[hide=]167o3v9.png[/hide]

From that video.

The last thing we need is an update for an already balanced skill..... -.- -.- -.-

Seriously Jagex. Your time could of been spent fixing firemaking, woodcut, fishing, farming, herblore, etc., though you decided to add content to a skill that has next to no holes in it from 1 to 99.

I almost lol'd that this update actually came out today. Anyway, although I agree (as stated in my earlier post) that those skills need updates, I don't agree that Construction updates are 'the last thing we need'. In all skills we need useful updates and contrary to what I said earlier about thinking that the pet houses wouldn't be useful, it actually seems that they are. It's like a costume room for pets. :)

2dgucz6.png

1) Manipulator clans

2) 76k

3) forgotten skills

4) inflammation (caused mostly by option 1 and 2)

5) Returnofmic, he won't lend out his gs to poor little Alex

Played since February 2001

alexrn2vh6.jpg

13th to 30 hunting

firemaking cape achieved 6th August 2008_-_-_-_Quest cape achieved 19th August 2009

They really listen to players!?! Those PKing updates were never asked for barring the removal of high value slayer items from the drop table. The resulting statuettes sent the market into spiraling inflation from which it shan't recover for the longest time. Players are SICK of PvP updates. We don't want anymore- especially PKers. And then you have incidents like when some guy lost 350 million at Mobilizing Armies due to a glitch. When he posted it on the RSOF, a Jagex moderator was rude to him, told him he hadn't, and then, when it was confirmed he had lost the money, gave a terse apology.

Yeah, those PvP updates were happening because players were ranting on the forums...

And they DON'T play their own game. Well, they might play Funorb's minigames, but they don't play Runescape. Jagex considers level 70 to be high level content when most players want 80 at the minimum.

They don't play their game most of their free time but they are typically cb 70-100 which shows they at least played their game for many hours. And if they work all day on the game I can understand if they don't want to play it every evening. :P

And they are most certainly NOT community oriented. They have NO way to contact them, they do NOT allow you to appeal bans for macroing, they lock forum posts without disclosing the reason, they do little to nothing to support clans, and they demand that you follow their rules like a sheeple.

I can contact them easily (german consultation-hour). They do Q&A's atm and they read most of the RSOF and answer there from time to time. It's obvious they can't answer everything (the RSOF is one of the biggest forums in the internet). And if they lock threads without saying why it's often obvious why they did it. If you don't know why then there's a thread where you can ask for that.

They don't support clans atm. That's right but I think they plan something for clans.

Follow their rules like a sheeple? Rules are rules. You can follow them or not follow them - your choice but consider the consequences (it's the same for every other game).

[404] Signature not found.

I think runescape is quite a good game and I tend not to look on the bad side of things. I just play. :P

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

1. How the GE ruined cooking and herblore. (also the fact that the first person to get a new item can set the price)

2. The fact that after you get to level 80+ in most non-combat skills the only drive to keep going is a skill cape or the fact that it makes you money.

3. bots and merch clan scams ruining item prices

4. people who complain too much and get too serious about runescape and ignore everyone

5. I don't see any mods these days.(even player mods)

XBL: Zwolf wolf

When Runescape Gives you lemons, Alch them!

screen-capture-2-1-1-1.png?t=1279351491

Sorry Brand, I was a man in the first place, sorry to disappoint you. :\

1. Lack of mature players

2. Lack of mature players

3. Lack of mature players

4. Lack of mature players

5. Lack of mature players

95% of time when I see someone talking I see cursing cursing cursing... Noobing on eachother etc... I hate it.

In the last 3 years i've made only 2 friend. I have only 2 name on my friendlist.

not counting these 2 friends, i've used public chat mayby 5 times in these 3 years.

Especialy Finish servers I hate them watching finish teenagers stuffing 20 curse word in 1 sentence...

Playing since may 2001 and proud not on having any skill over 90.

pure_putin.png