5 biggest problems in Runescape today.

Tesset

1 - Merchant Clans/Price Manipulation.

2 - Grand Exchange. (Since the grand exchange has been implemented, there is no community anymore, Day to day runescaping these days dosent require talking like back in the old days when you used to have to go and sell and buy things...)

3 - PvP Wilderness (The old wilderness was nice, it was basically no holds bars fighting, unlike these days where you have rules to follow like certain worlds, get assigned targets, and getting random loot... Its bad.. i dont like it tbh.)

4 - People that call people 'noobs'.

5 - Complainers. (People who complain about things like somebody having the cooking cape because it is easy, Most of the time THEY dont even have a 99; so i dont know why they are saying its too easy when they dont even have it...)

dzuz3d.jpg

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1: Price manipulators

2: The lack of proper spelling and grammar (that really bugs me)

3: Noob-calling

Well, I can't think of anything else, so those are my 3.

cwsiggyfinal.jpg

Sig by me, in MS paint, but I'm still working on it.

Suggestions appreciated

This guide is as concise as a gourmet's handbook with the guidelines of "Pick up fork, stab food, insert into your mouth, then chew".

In no particular order.

1. Autoers/AFKers. ---> Too many Jagex resources still taken up to get rid of them, they do ruin the economy too though.

2. RWTers ---> Let's face it, eventually there has to be a way of reintroducing free trade and PKing again. Update after update is just having crazy effects on the game, economy and players. I hope Jagex will learn that there is not a sustainable solution apart from reintroducing free trade.

3. PKing - 26king? Now 76king - also rushing, brawling gloves, reverants, EP etc - all a massive [rooster] up in my opinion. They are spending too muchtime trying to compensate for what they (or rwters) destroyed. The whole system is just very messy and it's because of RWTing.

I think there cannot be a compromise. Either have free trade and pking, or don't - simple as that.

4. Merchant Clans/Price Manipulation ---> Another problem which ultimately comes down to RWTing again, a problem that i just cannot see a sustainable solution to.

5. Price caps ---> All of the market is controlled by Jagex, yet apparently we have control. Then why unstrung bows just not falling? Yes, it would make people lose alot of money - but i would respect them if they did this.

6. Player Moderators ---> A few years ago, they were a great asset but now i see more a more people abusing there position and saying inapropriate things. Role models? Not any more Jagex.

7. People blocking around the censor ---> when someone saying 'ffs' or 'gtfo' or 'wtf' (for example) this irritates me (also see alot of PMods doing it now which ties in with my last point) Yes, the censor has been improved - but i think all this internet speak rubbish should also be censored.

8. No higher level content ---> Can't quite believe how many people have maxed already, most skills stop at level 70/80.

9. Bugs ---> They need to spend more time checking the game before updates, too many people have been screwed around by these, I know they get fixed asap but its too late and Jagex offer very little support for those who have lost items when it was not their fault. The last one i can think of was the tut of MA....

And yes, i understand all concepts and decisions, i'm saying there is not sustainable solutions and alot of the time Jagex do not forsee these occurences.

johannase.jpg

Thank you to tripsis for an awesome sig!

I would say that the biggest problems are those created by the players themselves in the game. There're however a few other smaller problems within the game that I would like to point out. My list would be:

1. All these unnecessary rants; Most things by Jagex are completely wrong and just stupid. The same people rants them for what they do over and over again.

2. The scamming.

3. The many conflicts and arguments that is started over things like a minute period of a Cw game and leads to so much anger and irritation. It's just a game for *cabbage* sake!

4. To few quests, and to few really challenging ones.

5. The graphics is still much worse than many other online games.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

2. The general lack of balance in pvm. The fact that melee owns there, and everything else stinks annoys me.

Mage > Melee. Can you freeze someone for 20 seconds with melee without risking a 29m ZGS? Can you stop someone from teleing with Melee? Mage is infinately more useful than mage, maybe not Edge DM'ing, but you said PVM in general in which case a Hybrid Mage/Range would be far more effective.

Freezing? Hybrid? DM'ing?

Do you even know what PVM stands for?

Player Versus MONSTER, not PVP which is Player vs Player.

PVM magic is my biggest problem with Runescape.

Prism_Swords.png

1. Price manipulators

You only se them as a problem because you cannot afford to do it - anyone that can afford to do it does it, it's just hard luck I'm afraid

It's more the fact that everyone else complains about them that I care. My philosophy has always been to accept the price of the item at whatever it is at, and if I can afford it I'll get it. However, this is ridiculous. 2.5m for a whip? I'd never have thought they'd get that high, not even when I couldn't have told you the price to save my life.

2. The general lack of balance in pvm. The fact that melee owns there, and everything else stinks annoys me.

Mage > Melee. Can you freeze someone for 20 seconds with melee without risking a 29m ZGS? Can you stop someone from teleing with Melee? Mage is infinately more useful than mage, maybe not Edge DM'ing, but you said PVM in general in which case a Hybrid Mage/Range would be far more effective.

I assume you read this wrong, and though I wrote pvp instead of pvm.

3. The lack of high level content.

Agreed, but why would jagex address 8% of their audience. Sure the odd one now and again wouldn't hurt, but people will complain about updates for as long as they come out.

When's the last time you saw a piece of content that benefited a 120+ combat level player? I can't think of one that happened this year at all.

4. The fact that in f2p pvp magic can't get a win at a decent combat level.

Who uses f2p magic?! You can do Rune DMs, I've never seen a mager fight anyone seriously in a DM, but they help in big fights binding (which isn't that high a requirement)

Yes, who does use f2p magic? That's the problem. And binding for 5 seconds doesn't help, not when it takes 3 seconds to cast the spell, and those 3 seconds count for the time.

5. The wholes in Jagex's quest storylines.

Could you give an example? None of the quests I've done have been badly scripted. The humour is basic, but that is deliberate - it's laughing at itself.

I didn't say badly scripted, I said the holes in the storylines. I.e. Dragon weapons came from Franskae, the place where the Mahjarrat came from, but they were built by the Dragonkin.

Hope these gave answers to your someone useless rant

The topic isn't "I have these problems!! WTF [bleep]ex, y u nt fix desse tings yt?!?!?" It is what do you think are RS's problems. I was curious as to what others thought.

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

please melee or mage kree arra, and let me know how it goes ok? the two best gwd bosses to solo, are much easier to do with range than any others

99-7.gif

Most Difficult Quiz

Rare drops; tzhaar-ket-om: 6 tzhaar-xil-ak: 4 tzhaar-xil-ek: 4 tzhaar-mej-tal: 1 Obsidian cape: 18 Dragon Plateskirt: 4 Dragon Platelegs: 7 Sq Shield left half: 1 Dragon Boots: 1 Dragon Medium Helmet: 11 Draconic Visage: 1 Zamorak Spear: 3 Steam Battlestaff: 1 Godsword Shards: 3 Bandos Chestplate: 1 Bandos Tassets: 1 Abyssal Whip: 1

5. The wholes in Jagex's quest storylines.

Could you give an example? None of the quests I've done have been badly scripted. The humour is basic, but that is deliberate - it's laughing at itself.

I didn't say badly scripted, I said the holes in the storylines. I.e. Dragon weapons came from Franskae, the place where the Mahjarrat came from, but they were built by the Dragonkin.

A un-finished story doesn't note a hole in the story.

There is 1 mention of dragon weapons coming from Frenskae yes, and dragonkin made them yes.

But meeting History confirms ALL races we're brought to rs by gods at some point, powerful dragokin, powerful mahjaratt. Why can't they come from the same realm?

While Guthix Sleeps suggests creatures are brought to the world to guard the Stone of Jas at some points in history and implies the Dragonkin came to the world this way. Mahjaratt's were brought to the world by the desert gods, as the desert gods aren't as powerful as the mainstream gods it is possible to theorise the desert gods couldn't open a portal themselves so could of easily used a portal made by another god to bring the dragonkin in.

There's no hole in it, there's jsut some unknowns left.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

6. Player Moderators ---> A few years ago, they were a great asset but now i see more a more people abusing there position and saying inapropriate things. Role models? Not any more Jagex.

Funny you should mention them. During Jagex's recruitment drive for Pmods (their team became smaller over the years) they asked in the application "What type of player are you?" and listed: skiller, pker, troll. Apparently, Jagex is recruiting trollers into their player moderator team. I've also heard from a player mod that Jagex recently recruited a well-known German scammer into their team. -.-

In my opinion, most other mods that aren't rule-breakers act too much like tools. They will happily mute players over the smallest offence, which is ridiculous for them to be so extreme at times. In some cases, I feel uncomfortable when playing around them because of how seriously they take things. When they act like normal players, they're fine; if they act like pompous douchebags that have nothing better to do, then there's a problem.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

Aquashock, lootshare actually removes money from the economy by selling the item for the market price on the G.E and only paying out minimum to those who killed the monster. ;)

In an economy without partyhats, you would be right. The only reason for GS starting out so high was the fact that the more abundant party hats were roughly in that area. So to the lucky people who got hilts (i'm one of them) they got more money than they should have gotten. Granted the first few hours/days/weeks it came out it would be inflated, but it would drop faster than the GE would allow.

My point is the items wouldn't start so damn high if it wasn't for party hats. They would be expensive, but not party hat expensive. Its a bad system and jagex has done nothing to fix it. It really is terrible for the game.

aquasig2lc8.png

^^Click For Monster Hunting Blog (180M+ in drops)^^

Aquashock, lootshare actually removes money from the economy by selling the item for the market price on the G.E and only paying out minimum to those who killed the monster. ;)

In an economy without partyhats, you would be right. The only reason for GS starting out so high was the fact that the more abundant party hats were roughly in that area. So to the lucky people who got hilts (i'm one of them) they got more money than they should have gotten. Granted the first few hours/days/weeks it came out it would be inflated, but it would drop faster than the GE would allow.

My point is the items wouldn't start so damn high if it wasn't for party hats. They would be expensive, but not party hat expensive. Its a bad system and jagex has done nothing to fix it. It really is terrible for the game.

Ah, I see where you're coming from now. Also I'd like to point out that my post was badly worded, as I was talking and thinking about coinshare when I made that reply.
Etecoon.png

1. Old promises and glitches left unfulfilled or unfixed.

- Dwarf questline was supposed to be 8 quests long - this upcoming one is only the 3rd...

- They said they would redo old quests in new mechanics, graphics, and allow people to replay them.

- Some of the most expensive features in my Player-Owned-House are not performing correctly since long before HD.

- They have generally abandoned Construction.

- Players do not decide the prices of new items as was promised.

2. The gradual unbalancement of everything with combat.

- Melee will almost always win VS. Magic. Not so with Ranged. In fact, they're on equal footing hybriding.

- Hybriding still isn't fixed.

- Melee armor provides huge melee and Ranged Defense.

- - Magic armor provides very little Magic or melee Defense.

- - Ranged armor provides high Magic Defense but low Ranged Defense.

- Robes suck and freezing someone in place doesn't help in the slightest.

- Magic still has a high per-attack cost.

- Magic still has no real KO potential.

- Magic is more like a grab bag of gimmicks.

- In 'fun' or 'free' PvP, Magic isn't as commonly used (the per-attack cost).

- - There is an overabundance of melee VS melee fights.

- - There is basically melee VS everything else, and simply others like Ranged VS. Ranged are not usually as fun.

- Attack, Strength, and Defense are not equally useful but count equally in combat levels gained.

- Summoning isn't anywhere near as easy to use (in combat) as Prayer, and usually just ends up adding empty combat levels.

- High level equipment is in low supply.

- - Everyone uses the same few equipments.

- - You are unable to be successful with lower level equipment; protection relies too much on equipment and not enough on Defense level.

- - The highest level armors are only very slightly better than predecessors yet cost millions more.

3. Broken skills are abundant.

- Nearly every skill will never profit now.

- Construction is abandoned, as well as others.

- Slayer was bound to only work well for a certain amount of time.

- - Dynamically valued drops are needed.

- Almost all collection skills do not get easier at high levels by unlocking faster content to train with.

4. Updates are no-where near as plentiful as they used to be.

- I love HD, I will no longer play without HD, but the fact is that making things prettier means slower development time.

- JaGEx used to be able to make deadlines without sacrificing quality, but they claim they no longer can.

5. Through the Grand Exchange, people lose your money against your will.

- If you have an item that a group of people panic sell, you lose money, although you have done nothing.

- JaGEx seems to have formally stated that they will do nothing about manipulators.

- - Manipulators are abundant.

- On very high-valued items you are able to lose millions at a time.

- - Obviously the actual lost values are based on proportions, but are still too high in most cases.

- - You shouldn't lose money from doing nothing at all.

6. This post is likely to be skipped over.

- And nothing in it corrected for years.

- Enough said.

2dgucz6.png

I've actually heard that Jagex is planning to release a Construction update over the next few months. I doubt it'll be anything worthwhile though.

Two things Jagex ruined that were better off left alone: Tok-xil in player dungeon (made it smaller than a player. was as big as the ones in the fight caves) and the Large orrery (made it small, it's like as wide as one bookshelf now...)

Jagex also hasn't released an option to rotate rooms (only makes sense). You have to delete the entire room and everything in it and rebuild it and remake the furniture. It doesn't seem very plausible from a realistic POV.

Also, not many people, including those with high Construction, actually put expensive furniture in their houses as they rarely use them. The only high-ish level furniture anyone really wants is the gilded altar. A demonic throne is also desirable, but a lot of people wouldn't make one even if they could.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

Two things Jagex ruined that were better off left alone: Tok-xil in player dungeon (made it smaller than a player. was as big as the ones in the fight caves) and the Large orrery (made it small, it's like as wide as one bookshelf now...)

19wj2o.jpg

Fond memory.

30mwqh1.png

Long lasting glitch after HD...

2lwlopk.png

Their 'fix'.

2dgucz6.png

1. The overdoing of graphics both ingame and on the website

• [*:2777vxf0]Main Page - Actually was easy to use before the July 2008 graphic update. Now it's complex and just a complete and utter waste of space

[*:2777vxf0]Game- For the most part, the game is a balanced level of graphics, but with Jagex screwing it up, we have a disaster of different graphic levels throughout the game

2. Price Manipulators and 76Kers- The average player cannot grow as fast as the economy is being pushed up by inflation from massive influx of main currency buying out and taking items out of the game

3. Lack of space - The entire realm is squashed together as updates come along and the space decreases. Barbarian Village and Edgeville is pretty much the same town due to there being no space between the two. Most minigames are being crowed around the same area and we continue to see a faster loss of space than the unknown is being discovered

4. Non-Common Sense Economy- When you make something, the raw material you bought for should be cheaper than what you produce. Now, when the Grand Exchange was not around, I could buy a gem, ore, or bar and make it into a final product while making money. This is not the case in our economy, which you need to pump money into a skill to gain XP, and lose at the same time.

5. The Combat System- When a ranger or a mager fights, they lose their ammo, and possibly other stuff. When a meleer fighter, they are set to only gain. The arrow market, as well as the rune market is high and profitable, while the armour market is failing. Armour should decay every 10-20 hours so that smithing has an actual use. Meleeing is the, basically, ONLY method to use when fighting as it's higher profit and the best option available against all monsters.

I don't really have much to complain about but I guess I could think up 5...

1. Need for higher level content. Especially skills like slayer, mining and range.

2. The way people complain about PvP, ifyou don't like it go do something else tbh.

3. Jagex and their CEO that claims to have a project in the works for every question they are asked about

4. BTS being removed

5. Infrequent polls

I kinda miss the days when the #1 on everyones list were the big bad bots that conveniently kept yew log prices down.

Drizzy_Jade.png

1. 76k trick

2. The lack of epic updates this Summer.

3. The general ingame community.

4. Afkers on spiders (just annoys me looking at them for some reason)

5. No magic updates for a while (I thought aquanite was at least going to drop something for mages -.- )

Merching clans is debateable, I dont like them allot, but if I found out an item I have is being merched, its nice selling it for a pretty penny and then buying it back when it hits rock bottom. However, they are annoying when you are trying to obtain a certain item.

The sour dough of the epitmous pie hungers for another's sweet lips to be dulled into a state of most irreverant humbleness

TUBULAR BELLS!

Revised:

1. Having to call your pet into combat every single kill

2. People/Clans who exploit the GE by buying out/overloading the market.

3. "Lag" at the GE (and elsewhere) such that my clicks make my character run across the map.

4. Not enough high level content

5. Clues are a waste of time

- Almost all collection skills do not get easier at high levels by unlocking faster content to train with.

QFT.

satan_panda.png

I don't play anymore, but the most common issues I noted were:

Price manipulation/ merchant clans buying out large amounts of stock.

Unbalanced combat system.

"Honor" PK'ing.

The majority of players are pre-pubescent kids that can't form legible words, and use leetspeak or text language to communicate.

A horrid, unpredictable screwed up economy caused by the manipulators/merchant clans.

2257AD.TUMBLR.COM

4. (the level cap in a few years. )

umm, are you just speculating or do you have proof?

i'm gonna really regret quitting if it ever happens though...

just speculating.

Lol, reading this thread really demotivates me to keep playing RuneScape. :|

Pit_Guardian.png

Gamertag: EFs Predator.

Games I play: Halo 3, Halo wars.