200M in all Skills

Makilio

Thai,

I've read your posts, your explanations, and your maths. It does not make sense, nor is it a realistic approach. I have no occasion to argue with you, however.

Sincerely,

Obtaurian

Stole the words right out of my mouth (fingers, since it's typing?).

I appreciate the formula Thai and am looking forward to when you get the google doc setup so I can input my multipliers for slayer/summ/effigy and see what list it gives me. :)

Bonus xp weekend will definitely be interesting for the top players. Predictions on who will gain the most xp over the weekend?

I'm going to have to say either Tezz or Telmo, I'd say Telmo will probably do herblore for the larger majority, than summoning for the 1.1x.

Note that last XP weekend Tezz spend it training summoning, I think he even spent his 2.7x time on summoning. So I can see him doing Herblore, Summoning, or Firemaking, but fire seems like a waste imo.

Telmomarques on the other hand busted out like 20m con xp?, then continued it for the next month to 200m XP. So we could see him do it with herb, also note that Telmo was gaining around 6-8M range xp/day for a week, so range is another possible skill.

I don't see S U O M I, really doing buyables unless he has the money, perhaps he can have large gains in thieving or hunter.

I suspect Allar will do Herblore, but not on a large skill amount of XP, he could do summoning for the latter part.

Elvis, maybe have huge gains in Herblore, perhaps crafting or summoning at the 1.1x/

Paperbag will finish Range most likely, altho I could see him finishing it b4 the weekend!

Elias, I have no clue.

Jdelacroix, most likely Thieving, maybe summoning.

Drumgun, No clue, perhaps Thieving or fletching.

Gertjaars/Zarfot = inactive

All in all, I think for the latter part of the weekend we will see huge Summoning gains!

Pinata.png
Capes in order: Firemaking - Cooking - Construction - 99 Dungeoneering
- 120 Dungeoneering - Quest - Strength - Prayer - Herblore - Constitution
- Attack - Defence - Ranged - Runecrafting - Magic - Fletching - Mining

- Farming - Smithing - Slayer - Woodcutting - Summoning - Thieving - Hunter

- Fishing - Agility - Crafting - Divination - Max - Completionist

0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0100 0101

^Lol

His math does make sense, and his methods do work. The problem with his method is that is equates everything equally. It says that slayer xp/h or is just as valuable as summon xp/h which is just as valuable as effigies per hour. This is where the problem lies. If you were to want equal amounts of slayer xp, sum xp, and effigies then Thai's list is the optimal list, but I think many people want the list that will result in 200m all skills the fastest. (Ok so most people don't want that either, but at least it is more relevant to the "optimal task list.") I am working on something that takes a different approach and I am being careful to make sure that I cancel all units so that the numbers can be compared properly.

There you go, said by the most mathematically minded man here :P

Good luck i hope your method works out for you.

You forgot to divide b by max b, which would be 2.7/3 (= .9) and .3/3 (=.1). However it's all not entirely relevant anymore as this is about ranks and you can't add/subtract/divide those as normal.

Incidentally your calcs would also indicate that a task with at least a max summoning, xp or effigy rate and one other rate (no matter how bad) is automatically good.

@ Thai: we can agree to disagree, if you like. I maintain your method has no value.

O I thought the original equation was equal to (B/maxB) not just B since the rates were individually averaged in the original equation. Also @ Thai thanks for spending to time to make the equations for it, so for an optimal slayer xp list using effigies on slayer (for fastest possible slayer xp in the game) would the coefficients for slayer summ and effigies be 1, 0, 1 respectively or what

For purely slayer you would have to adjust the slayer xp rate to include lamps. I don't think 1, 0, 1 would work because you are valuing the skills xp from opening effigies. I guess you are still interested in Elias' task list for the 75k/hr?

I'm not going to start saying whats wrong with Quyneax's formula because I'm getting tired of this...

Welcome to the Slayer Efficency thread.

+1

I obviously can't stand the word 'efficiency' no more.

+1

And yes SUOMI, that'd be an epic read!

And probably alot of the higher players might be doing summoning not sure though.

Paperbag is going to do range, he mentioned that before..

And Drumgun thieving since he hates the skill so much?

sigtsg99tq3.png

I hope spending the last 150 minutes explaining it was of some use. My formula works on comparing the perks of tasks, you formula works on turning everything into time.

Hey at least I levelled woodcutting at ivy since I couldn't do anything less afk while answering your tedious questions

This thread is entirely about valuing everything as time. Within this thread, saying which slayer task is the best is about which task has the highest ratio of "hours saved in the exp you gained by completing the task", to "hours spent completing the task", factoring in melee & cannon exp,summ exp from charms, all slow skill exp and dkin lamp exp from effigies, (and yes, technically it should go as far as to value loot in saved hours making money but since many top 15 exp have little to no concern for money it tends to get ignored).

Your formula may be great for you, but for a discussion of the race to 200m all skills, its inadequate.

Also @ Thai thanks for spending to time to make the equations for it, so for an optimal slayer xp list using effigies on slayer (for fastest possible slayer xp in the game) would the coefficients for slayer summ and effigies be 1, 0, 1 respectively or what

The best skip/block list for counting slayer only (+lamps on slayer) would be

Block

spiritual mage

desert strykewyrms

warped tortoise

Mithril dragons

nechryael

Aquanites (not unlocked)

Skip

dust devils

iron dragon

steel dragon

terror dog

blue dragons

aquanites

fire giants

abyssal demons

Jungle strykewyrm

gargoyles

waterfiend

greater demon

skeletal wyvern

kalphites

If you unlocked aquanites then skip aquanites and spend any extra points on skipping most dust devils

At 28.8 points per task this setup would give you a gain of 283.2 points every 102 tasks which is just short of being enough to skip all jad tasks, you can skip 4/5 of the tasks (note that skipping the task reduces points gained by 28.8 and increases points spent by 30 meaning you need 58.8 spare points to skip a task)

I have not had time to see if this gives 75k/hr.

List for Slayer using Kuradel

Effigy is spent on Slayer @ 99

Below are hourly rates of (Kill rates * Slayer XP) + ( Effigies per hr * Dragonkin Lamp @99)

Bloodvelds [111,000]

Dagannoths [99,000]

Hellhounds [86,000]

Aberrant Spectres [85,500]

Kalphite** [79,000]

Black Demons [78,000]

Suqah [77,000]

Dark Beasts [73,000]

Black Dragons [72,000]

Ice Strykewyrm [70,500]

Steel Dragons [62,000]

TzHaar Jad [60,000]

Living Rock Creatures [60,000]

Dust Devils [54,000]

Nechryael [53,000]

Iron Dragons [51,000]

Mithril Dragons [50,000]

One of these tasks should be done, the others cancelled, if you have other goals as well as slayer xp then that should be the deciding factor, take into account assignment length & travel time

**(May be unreliable as haven't personally verified the kill rate yet at Kalphites (Do No Evil room))

Blocked & Cancelled[hide]

Blocked

Jungle Strykewyrms [?]

Desert Strykewyrms [?]

Greater Demons [ < 40,000]

Gargoyles [47,000] (Blocked due to frequency)

Aquanites (Not unlocked)

Abyssal Demons [47,000] (Blocked due to frequency)

Cancel

Spiritual Mages [<30,000]

Warped Tortoise [<40,000]

Terror Dogs [< 40,000]

Skeletal Wyverns [41,000]

Waterfiends [46,000]

Fire Giants [47,000]

Blue Dragons [49,000]

TzHaar Normal [Need kill rate of killing the 144/133?]

[/hide]

Exceptions to consider:

Mithril Dragons - the task is short and an infrequent assignment, it can make sense to do these to accumulate more points, to cancel worse tasks in future.

Iron Dragons - Not an awful task, it is right next to Kuradel with agility shortcut, however you will need the world to yourself or 1 noob to kill them quick enough, this can pose frustration/problems.

Note: this list is SOLELY for using effigies on slayer, charms are not considered, nor the frequency of effigies (For opening xp), nor profit/loss.

It is also fairly rough and rounded due to variables in kill rates & effigy approximation being less accurate for lower combat mobs. (Ddevls, fg's dags etc). However majority of values should be accurate within 5% or so.

From experience I know a task list of ~13 is sustainable, less might also be possible but it really depends on how many points you start with to counteract any bad task streaks. I found the results for some of the tasks I'd normally discount surprising (dust devils, fire giants) however I do slay for effigies primarily rather than pure slayer xp, so I guess my personal list would differ.

Now in the context of 200m all skills, opening effigy xp would need to be taken into account, as well as summoning xp & also the frequency of the effigies. I know it's considered best to get slayer done then camp something else for them, however it's also worth noting what is feasibly possible for a human being to endure.

qjDiz.png

http://www.[Caution! Jagex Rule Violation].com

List for Slayer using Kuradel

Effigy is spent on Slayer @ 99

Below are hourly rates of (Kill rates * Slayer XP) + ( Effigies per hr * Dragonkin Lamp @99)

Bloodvelds [111,000]

Dagannoths [99,000]

Hellhounds [86,000]

Aberrant Spectres [85,500]

Kalphite** [79,000]

Black Demons [78,000]

Suqah [77,000]

Dark Beasts [73,000]

Black Dragons [72,000]

Ice Strykewyrm [70,500]

Steel Dragons [62,000]

TzHaar Jad [60,000]

Living Rock Creatures [60,000]

Dust Devils [54,000]

Nechryael [53,000]

Iron Dragons [51,000]

Mithril Dragons [50,000]

One of these tasks should be done, the others cancelled, if you have other goals as well as slayer xp then that should be the deciding factor, take into account assignment length & travel time

**(May be unreliable as haven't personally verified the kill rate yet at Kalphites (Do No Evil room))

Blocked & Cancelled[hide]

Blocked

Jungle Strykewyrms [?]

Desert Strykewyrms [?]

Greater Demons [ < 40,000]

Gargoyles [47,000] (Blocked due to frequency)

Aquanites (Not unlocked)

Abyssal Demons [47,000] (Blocked due to frequency)

Cancel

Spiritual Mages [<30,000]

Warped Tortoise [<40,000]

Terror Dogs [< 40,000]

Skeletal Wyverns [41,000]

Waterfiends [46,000]

Fire Giants [47,000]

Blue Dragons [49,000]

TzHaar Normal [Need kill rate of killing the 144/133?]

[/hide]

Exceptions to consider:

Mithril Dragons - the task is short and an infrequent assignment, it can make sense to do these to accumulate more points, to cancel worse tasks in future.

Iron Dragons - Not an awful task, it is right next to Kuradel with agility shortcut, however you will need the world to yourself or 1 noob to kill them quick enough, this can pose frustration/problems.

Note: this list is SOLELY for using effigies on slayer, charms are not considered, nor the frequency of effigies (For opening xp), nor profit/loss.

It is also fairly rough and rounded due to variables in kill rates & effigy approximation being less accurate for lower combat mobs. (Ddevls, fg's dags etc). However majority of values should be accurate within 5% or so.

From experience I know a task list of ~13 is sustainable, less might also be possible but it really depends on how many points you start with to counteract any bad task streaks. I found the results for some of the tasks I'd normally discount surprising (dust devils, fire giants) however I do slay for effigies primarily rather than pure slayer xp, so I guess my personal list would differ.

Now in the context of 200m all skills, opening effigy xp would need to be taken into account, as well as summoning xp & also the frequency of the effigies. I know it's considered best to get slayer done then camp something else for them, however it's also worth noting what is feasibly possible for a human being to endure.

Thanks Vex, was looking for something like this. Just one question, what would be the next best thing to block besides abyssal demons based on frequency and xp and effigy rates? (I'm not rich enough to pass them up lol)

A13d.png

Welcome to the 200M in all oops I mean 200M Slayer at extreme efficiency and drama about xp rates omgwtfbbqfishnchips thread.

Lol, I got banned off tif and couldn't even logout so I had to a-tunnel the server ban & make new acc & some more stuff.. And we've had more then 20 pages of slayer discussion so my reaction is 100% human tbh.

suqua are boring blocked idc if u say 77k or not!

ty vex for a more clear list :D

id say for dusties and firegiants they are good to do once in awhile for good slayer/melee exp but should be canceled sometimes for thier llow effigy rates

the next thing to block if ur not blocking abbies would be mages i mean thiers no reason to ever do spiritual mages crap slay exp rate + crap charms/effigy =P

StarViv.png

id say for dusties and firegiants they are good to do once in awhile for good slayer/melee exp but should be canceled sometimes for thier llow effigy rates

the next thing to block if ur not blocking abbies would be mages i mean thiers no reason to ever do spiritual mages crap slay exp rate + crap charms/effigy =P

Yeah I agree, however due to frequency of various tasks it just depends really.

Also as for efficiency, my post has absolutely nothing to do with efficiency, they are just factual rates.

Just because there are some numbers doesn't necessarily mean it's got anything to do with efficiency. Also discussing slayer & effigy in the context of 200m's is probably the most important aspect considering how much actual % of total XP it contributes on the way to 200m ALL skills. Other individual skills generally don't have as many variables and don't offer much discussion value apart from discovering new ways of combining skills or greater understanding of the game engine to do multiple things at once without any real loss.

qjDiz.png

http://www.[Caution! Jagex Rule Violation].com

Ok thanks

A13d.png

Welcome to the 200M in all oops I mean 200M Slayer at extreme efficiency and drama about xp rates omgwtfbbqfishnchips thread.

I am getting irritated to see these posts at nearly every page... discussing how to train a skill efficiently to 200mil xp is what also belongs to this thread...

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

I am getting irritated to see these posts at nearly every page... discussing how to train a skill efficiently to 200mil xp is what also belongs to this thread...

this

best thing to do is ignore them at this point

A13d.png