200M in all Skills

Makilio

I don't think its really fair to compare any of those rank legends because each did something that no one else did before:

Zezima is still known well in Runescape when he has not been on the front page in years. He held #1 for so long, during a time when experience was much slower and "efficiency" wasn't really part of the top 10. N0valyfe actually passed him when he was grinding away showing that Zezima was not unchallenged, but N0valyfe quickly burned himself out. I don't even see him mentioned here. If he kept up his pace to pass Zezima would he be 200mil all? Don't think anyone can really answer that.

Gertjaars was the #1 leader for awhile after Zezima, he may not have been in the race for 200mil all but he was the first to #5, 6, and 7 200mils I believe. He grinned them out when that many 200mils were near unheard of. I think he really started a good amount of the competition for all 200mils since he was the first to start speeding through them.

Allar came next, he was 300mil behind Gertjaars and even though Gertjaars slowed down, Allar chased him down in experience and when Dungeoneering came out took #1 overall in experience. Though I don't recall him every taking #1 overall, he had the impressive accomplishment of being #1 overall experience for over a year. He took a different angle then Gertjaars and was much more balanced and that is much credit to him that he didn't just go all 200mil

Zarfot was also during that time though I don't believe ever took #1 in either, but he was the face of efficiency. I remember following his 99 slayer thread, his 30mil Runecrafting experience thread, and then his 99 all skill thread on the Runescape Forums (I actually have copies of his 99 thread and some of his slayer thread I believe). Their was always something special about him because he had money and efficiency then. Much credit to him during his 99 all thread, he was one of the developers of the granite/sandstone mining technique, started the agility guild for the goblin arena, and produced quite a few guides on each skill he enjoyed. He then took a route of being the #1 slayer experience gainer in a month by getting 13mil experience while hunting for charms for 99 summoning when it was released. He did this in a time before chaotics and I believe smoking kills wasn't out then either (could be wrong). After 99 all he took to 30mil average which was also revolutionary and held him back in the hiscores for awhile. When he finished that he really became well known after that as he hit the front page and his youtube videos became popular.

After Dungeoneering was released their were a good amount of people that set different records. I remember Elvis being #1 for awhile aswell as some other impressive gains while people were racing to 120 dungeoneering such as Bryce and a few others.

The current era of rank leaders is Suomi who is doing something none of these people have done which is to really reach for 200mil all.

Now will there be someone after Suomi for #1 spot? I think that is an interesting question, or will Suomi's place finally be permanent when he gets 200mil and its a race for the rest of the spots? How do we continue on in the list above when people hit the experience cap(5bil or whatever it may be in the future)?

Think those are some interesting questions. Back to my original point I don't see comparing each person really fair because each did something different that made them special. I do find some resemblance back the Zezima's day right now. Back say in 05 the hiscores is much like it was right now, expect 200mil is the new 99. Back then it was a race to max out total level, now the race is to max experience. Funny how some things have changed and others stay the same :P

(apologies for misspellings of names, know I messed a few up, along with a few wrongs facts as I didn't fully look up what I put, just typed from memory)

Edit: Made the post a bit more readable as when I type fast and don't proof read it becomes near unreadable and checked my old files and still have Zarfot's complete opening page for his slayer log when he was getting 99 and has his list on how he got 99 in every skill :P

siggy_zps7b2911b4.png

Still wanna know how 900k exp/hour constructon is a sustainable average.

Gemeos is a god, his fingers move faster than the speed of light.

Haha, not even going to bother looking up his exp in construction, probaly like level 70 or summin.

But yeh, no pic no proof k

Miseryism | Completionist

hmm i was a fan of n0valyfe back in the day

I don't think he burned himself out he just realized that just getting 200m after 200m was not how he wanted to spend his life. Which is why most people I think end up fully quitting except for the people that already have lives Someone can be completely into Runescape then after days weeks or years of nolifing completely snap out of it.

Suomi he's gotten really far and done all the slow skills so I don't think that will happen to him but if he took a break of a few months then he would still be ahead of the other contenders.

But yes getting all 99s IS a much different thing than getting 200ms 200ms is the same skill for awhile and the methods of the skill never change, also 99s have a benefit in the game or have a possible future benefit while gaining exp is only for ranks and high scores. Idk maybe n0valyfe would have thrived better with more competition but he often complained about other players in the old days he self reported he played 10-12 hours per day but now days that actually is not that rare. I accually respect the early couple hundred players to all 99s - things like slayer improved alot, mining improved, and then more recently effigies that someone only wanting 99s could bypass slow training slayer, slow training rc, slow training agility, mining, fishing, paying for herblore, accually farming, accually dungeoneering ect after around 80 or so. But with 200ms its not that viable to effigy everything. All 99s has been done in 150 days but all 200ms takes 800-1000+ days of scape.

But if he did one skill at a time possibly he would have been 200m all a long time ago. Because he maxed and had great stats well before Zarfot.

Most players quit because of addiction and interference with rl than burnout though.

StarViv.png

N0valyfe actually passed him when he was grinding away showing that Zezima was not unchallenged

I personally believe that zezima let n0valyfe pass him as a courtesy. At that point, n0va had announced that he was going to quit soon (after his next 200m I believe) and said that getting rank 1 would be nice. Zezima slowed down a lot for a couple weeks until n0va just barely passed him for a day. Right after that, zezima started powering through skills again.

blizaga57.png

Burn out is a term I use lightly. I don't mean they grind so much they end up hating runescape. More that they move on, they realize maybe this is not what they want to do for the next 5 years or their time on runescape starts conflicting with real life responsibilities. Generally I used burn out to mean one of those as ... well its easier to say then that. Generally I see those as the main reasons to quitting, maybe losing #1 spot and not being able to get it back as well, but think the above reasons also would play into that.

It seems possible Zezima let him pass him, but I believe N0valyfe held it for atlaest a few weeks if not months, was a long time ago when I didn't follow hiscores closely so not positive there. Will need someone with more knowledge about that time then me :s

siggy_zps7b2911b4.png

no matter what anyone does, they will never out shine zezima on runescape, they could get 5b xp in one day and zezima would still be on top of the legend list.

why cause he was first? so many people have more experience than zezima and yes skills were harder back in the day but I bet alot of these players would have at least gave zezima some competition if they were as serious about classic. But most people were too young/didnt hear about classic back in the day lol
StarViv.png

I agree that the term burning out entails that you lose all motivation due to the intensity of what you are doing, causing you to re-think whether this is what you really want or not.

Been there, had to take a few months off.

Athymy.png

no matter what anyone does, they will never out shine zezima on runescape, they could get 5b xp in one day and zezima would still be on top of the legend list.

why cause he was first? so many people have more experience than zezima and yes skills were harder back in the day but I bet alot of these players would have at least gave zezima some competition if they were as serious about classic. But most people were too young/didnt hear about classic back in the day lol

I think he is right and the reason being that Zezima was #1 not only for a very long time but also, in my opinion, at RuneScape's prime time. From the release of RS2 until 10 December 2007. You may not agree that this was the prime time but from the top of my head this is what I believe was the prime time.

zezima is synonymous with runescape. no other player in runescape is as famous as zezima. if you ask me 10 years from now who was the best player in runescape, i'd say zezima. he was the best in rs and he was the best in rs2. sure i'm a fan of suomi and he's #1 in rs2 right now, but there's no arguing that rs2 is 10x easier now then it was when zezima was at his prime.

@bini runescape's prime was during rsc, not rs2.

same with counter-strike 1.6. currently, get_right and f0rest are the best players in the world, and have been for a few years, but heaton and potti will still be remembered as the greatest.

N0valyfe actually passed him when he was grinding away showing that Zezima was not unchallenged

I personally believe that zezima let n0valyfe pass him as a courtesy. At that point, n0va had announced that he was going to quit soon (after his next 200m I believe) and said that getting rank 1 would be nice. Zezima slowed down a lot for a couple weeks until n0va just barely passed him for a day. Right after that, zezima started powering through skills again.

This is correct. I think Zezima let him take it for about a day, it certainly wasn't very long. And yes, Zezima is effectively the face of Runescape. He was even in the guiness book of records at some point.

Asmodean <3

Anytime she gets free reign of choice, other than with the combat style question, she always answers, "All" or "Any". Very open minded.

Goals for 2012:

• Quest Cape
  • MAX

interview with green in 2008.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11pH60A-76c

"do you prefer mage, range, or melee?"

range and melee

Lol @ the first question, Are you a girl. Tbh, though I found most of the questions to be pointless. Most questions just seemed rather random. Do you drive?, Whats your favorite Summoning Creature? Like he was making them up on the spot. Anyways, interesting how she chose her name, I bet it was a green bay packers shirt maybe with 98. I can definitely be wrong though.

Pinata.png
Capes in order: Firemaking - Cooking - Construction - 99 Dungeoneering
- 120 Dungeoneering - Quest - Strength - Prayer - Herblore - Constitution
- Attack - Defence - Ranged - Runecrafting - Magic - Fletching - Mining

- Farming - Smithing - Slayer - Woodcutting - Summoning - Thieving - Hunter

- Fishing - Agility - Crafting - Divination - Max - Completionist

0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0100 0101