stop asking Jagex to raise the max HP, ITS STUPID (not rant)

Dirkmetal

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The real problem isn't the HP buffer; it's defence. It just doesn't do what it should do, and that is reduce damage, not completely negate it, which only works if you are 99 Defence against level 80 Strength anyway :roll:

Defence isn't a waste of time, but once you reach those really high levels, it becomes obsolete. It is very useful in gwd though ;)

disturbeda.png

Oh well, my reply on another similar topic on general discussion:

Another possibilty is to change the experience needed to get a level, so lets say 26m for lvl 99 instead of 13m, and 162 instead of 81 for lvl 2.

The biggest downside is that loads of people will have barrows armour, whips, dragon or anything else they suddenly can't wear or use, so Jagex needs to redo all the requirements for skills, so people with 740k defence xp (level 70) can still wear barrows, making the requirement 370k xp, level 63.

Level 99 would become ~92 So skills like smithing would not be stuffed and there would be room for epic new armours.

Another downside is that armours and weapons should be made weaker, or the new high level armour and weapons will all be 1-hit Ko weapons.

But if Jagex did thit, the amount of rants from people with 13,034,432 xp in a skill would be insane :s

Oh well, my reply on another similar topic on general discussion:

Another possibilty is to change the experience needed to get a level, so lets say 26m for lvl 99 instead of 13m, and 162 instead of 81 for lvl 2.

The biggest downside is that loads of people will have barrows armour, whips, dragon or anything else they suddenly can't wear or use, so Jagex needs to redo all the requirements for skills, so people with 740k defence xp (level 70) can still wear barrows, making the requirement 370k xp, level 63.

Level 99 would become ~92 So skills like smithing would not be stuffed and there would be room for epic new armours.

Another downside is that armours and weapons should be made weaker, or the new high level armour and weapons will all be 1-hit Ko weapons.

But if Jagex did thit, the amount of rants from people with 13,034,432 xp in a skill would be insane :s

As much as i agree with that i'd hate it. I spent half a year getting 99 woodcutting theres no way i'd spend another.

As for smithing i really hope they compress it somehow. The way it works now is horrible, rune is'nt worth junk right now, compared to dragon and barrows.

Pit_Guardian.png

Gamertag: EFs Predator.

Games I play: Halo 3, Halo wars.

I think higher level weapons and armor are out of the question now with how easy it is to be killed in 1-2 hits with what we have now. I think hp boosting gear would be a really nice addition and not too unbalanced...maybe a ring that gives +5 max hp etc...

People who ask for level 80+ armor and weapons don't realize how stupid that would be....dragon claws completely pushed the limit of weapons. I find it hilarious that Jagex nerfed the magic shortbow a few years ago and then release something like that....oh well.

I think the spirit shield were a step in the right directions...any new weapons shouldn't just be about max hit, things should have effects. Maybe armor that is really weak against crush attack but is really susceptible to slash or whatever or weapons with magic based attack like many monsters have. Jagex should be creative with new things instead of armor just having high defence bonuses or weapons hitting really high.

Sleep on...fly on.

In your mind, you can fly.

Gigatiran.png

Defence is fine the way it is. You're whining about a problem that isn't actually there.

Although Defence does its job in some circumstances, you can't say that there isn't a problem. If it was a skill that had reduced damage instead of having XX% chance of negating it then we wouldn't need to raise the HP buffer. But at the moment, it is kind of required. Too easy to get p0wned.

The problem isn't Defence as a skill, but how it works at the higher levels. 99 Strength against 99 Defence, well it is obvious who would win.

Defence isn't useless (I mean lvl 85 strength against lvl 99 defence the defence would win) but at the higher strength levels, with the crazy max hits we have with godswords, d claws, etc. we just don't have a chance. The fight is over before it even begins.

disturbeda.png

Agility->Dodge.

Defence->Reduce damage.

There, fixed.

sadukar123.jpg

sadukar123.png

Drops:

Misc: Abyssal Whip x28 , Dark Bow x5, Beserker Ring x3, Warrior ring x1

Dragon: Dragon Platelegs x2 , Dragon Plateskirt x2, Dragon Boots x38, Dragon Med Helm x4, Shield left half x3

Godwars: Godsword shard x13, Bandos Hilt x3, Bandos Chestplate x6, Bandos Tassets x4, Bandos Boots x5, Saradomin Sword x1, Zamorakian Spear x1,. Armadyl Helm x2, Armadyl chestplate x2.

I actually like the idea of a new skill that lowers the max hit that other monsters and players can hit on you. It could be called 'special defence' (just like in Pokemon ::' ). The idea of bringing out a new (grandmaster) quest that raises the hp buffer sounds also good to me.

Leonxb.png

Agility->Dodge.

Defence->Reduce damage.

There, fixed.

As much as I agree with you, that would mean agility would influence your combat, and combat levels would need to be added. Not that its a bad thing however. I wouldn't mind less things auto attacking me.

But theres no reason it cant be tied into defense already. Your range level currently gives an offensive accuracy and strength power to your range attacks, in addition to your armor and ranged weapon bonuses. I see no reason why defense simply cannot manage both miss hits, and chances for reducing hits.

Example; Defense stays the same it is now, with the added funtion of:

Level 10: 5% chance to reduce hits by 5%

Level 20: 10% chance to reduce hits by 5%

Level 30: 10% chance to reduce hits by 10%

Level 40: 15% chance to reduce hits by 10%

Level 50: 15% chance to reduce hits by 15%

Level 60: 20% chance to reduce hits by 15%

Level 70: 20% chance to reduce hits by 20%

Level 80: 25% chance to reduce hits by 20%

Level 90: 25% chance to reduce hits by 30%

Level 99: 30% chance to reduce hits by 30%.

Current max with an AGS is around 80, so at 99 defense thats a 30% chance to cut it down to around 56.

Spirit shield bounses are just added ontop of this.

dawnsigblue-3.png

Jagex said that they are making a new skill that is going to change gameplay. They said that the new skill will be F2P, if this is not what that skill is like I will cry.

I'll get you the tissues

29bc22o.png

[hide=drops]10 black masks, 39 dragon boots, 21 whip, 9 dark bow, 7 dragon legs, 8 mauls, 3 dragon left half, 2 dragon spear, 2 hexcrest, 1 kbd heads, 10 dragon med, 2 R ammy, 2 granite legs, 1 bandos boots , 1 bandos hilt , 1 bandos chestplate, 1 saradomin sword(ls), 2 dragon claws(ls)(solo)[/hide]

[hide=Viralaether's guide to Mac use]1) take your mac

2) drop it off your roof

3) ??????

4) Profit![/hide]1/7/9 quest cape ||| 5/6/9 all diaries ||| 7/14/9 300 rank MA ||| 4998th to 99 summoning on 2/27/10

Defence should lower the probability of higher hits, and in general be more effective. Weapons with higher hits than godswords should have serious downsides in combat, such as degrading, or taking up armour slots, or self damage. The max HP should not be higher than 99.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Theres nothing wrong with Hp its just the food system is flawed.

First off everyone can eat sharks,sea turtles,manta rays,etc. thats a member and a nonmember can eat swordfish and lobster the only problem is money wise.

Let me lay out the problems:

1:Lower level-Middle High levels can't kill eachother fast in a fight if they use higher level food.

2:Higher levels have the same max for food which maxs at 13 or 22 while F2P attacks can hit 20+ and P2P can hit 50+.

The main problem is that the food for lower levels is too good and Higher levels food doesn't heal good enough when they get hit hard.

Defence is fine the way it is. You're whining about a problem that isn't actually there.

Although Defence does its job in some circumstances, you can't say that there isn't a problem. If it was a skill that had reduced damage instead of having XX% chance of negating it then we wouldn't need to raise the HP buffer. But at the moment, it is kind of required. Too easy to get p0wned.

The problem isn't Defence as a skill, but how it works at the higher levels. 99 Strength against 99 Defence, well it is obvious who would win.

Defence isn't useless (I mean lvl 85 strength against lvl 99 defence the defence would win) but at the higher strength levels, with the crazy max hits we have with godswords, d claws, etc. we just don't have a chance. The fight is over before it even begins.

Defence does nothing against strength.

85 attack vs 99 defence = defence wins.

90 attack vs 99 defence = defence wins.

99 attack vs 90 defence = defence wins.

People are crying about how much defence sucks because they're so used to having it. Try doing some of the combat things you like to do but with 1 defence and you'll soon realise just how good defence really is.

Zerker_jane.png

We already have sara brews... magic hp boosting potion right there.

The only need for a higher hp is to prevent rushing / one hitting and a ring of life or a phoenix necklace has a good enough saving you rate that weapon are not overpowered.

If everyone brewed up and used ring of life/necklaces then there would be no need for hitpoint upgrading armour or a dodging fail skill.

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

Agility->Dodge.

Defence->Reduce damage.

There, fixed.

As much as I agree with you, that would mean agility would influence your combat, and combat levels would need to be added. Not that its a bad thing however. I wouldn't mind less things auto attacking me.

But theres no reason it cant be tied into defense already. Your range level currently gives an offensive accuracy and strength power to your range attacks, in addition to your armor and ranged weapon bonuses. I see no reason why defense simply cannot manage both miss hits, and chances for reducing hits.

Current max with an AGS is around 80, so at 99 defense thats a 30% chance to cut it down to around 56.

Oh god, pking with a divine would make divine SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO overpowered.

And yeah, pre-brewing when you pk, as well as phoenix necklace, makes a lot better. Phoenix necklace saves you from claws 95% of the time.

Also as gigatiran said about the MSB, I believe a Jagex mod said they're actually looking into changing the MSB back to the old 50% spec because of the way DClaws are. I'm already stocked up in MSB's lawl

Started free trade with 1.5m cash. 2 weeks later, have hit max cash 2x.

PvP drops: 359 Brawling Gloves, 11 Vesta's Longswords, 41+ Zaros/Ancient Statues

9 Dragon Full Helms, 3 Dragonfire Shields on the old PvP loot system

Brawler guide is being finished!

You argument for not raising max hp is pretty weak. It seems be be "I then couldn't max out hp as fast as other skills."

I don't see what's so bad about it. I've never liked the idea of grinding, it's boring and stupid. Why not let the extra hp be a bonus when you slowly raise it through pking/slayer/whatever else?

Maybe not raise level cap, maybe not release a new skill to lower max hit.

They've already, in a way, upped HP past 99; Saradomin Brew. Maybe more items /potions / foods such as this?

I do agree that the word Defense, in my mind, wouldn't stop the player from being hit less often, but for less damage.

09144a99bb.png

Agility->Dodge.

Defence->Reduce damage.

There, fixed.

Oh god, pking with a divine would make divine SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO overpowered.

And yeah, pre-brewing when you pk, as well as phoenix necklace, makes a lot better. Phoenix necklace saves you from claws 95% of the time.

Also as gigatiran said about the MSB, I believe a Jagex mod said they're actually looking into changing the MSB back to the old 50% spec because of the way DClaws are. I'm already stocked up in MSB's lawl

Oh god, pking with a divine which costs 400m would be SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO not overpowered.

sadukar123.jpg

sadukar123.png

Drops:

Misc: Abyssal Whip x28 , Dark Bow x5, Beserker Ring x3, Warrior ring x1

Dragon: Dragon Platelegs x2 , Dragon Plateskirt x2, Dragon Boots x38, Dragon Med Helm x4, Shield left half x3

Godwars: Godsword shard x13, Bandos Hilt x3, Bandos Chestplate x6, Bandos Tassets x4, Bandos Boots x5, Saradomin Sword x1, Zamorakian Spear x1,. Armadyl Helm x2, Armadyl chestplate x2.

If Defense was fine then pures wouldn't exist.

The problem isn't there because Jagex can't make it there. Well, they can... but when they do, these threads are what will happen anyway. I'm sure rather than adjust Defence, Jagex will find a way to make this game a million times stupider and ruin it by trying to be "unique" :roll: :roll: :roll: and add something like human shields that take damage for you... :roll:

Jagex will find a way to make this game a million times stupider and ruin it by trying to be "unique" :roll: :roll: :roll: and add something like human shields that take damage for you... :roll:

I would LOVE to have a human shield!!!!! :twisted:

doogsidoof.png

Owner of a Quest cape since 9/11/08

tipit_grid2.png

It's not about the other people, its about shooting cute furry things that explode.