Real life help & advice

Abc1230

Cracked appears so regularly in Off-Topic it's frightening.

And I'm planning buying a new piece for my set of armor soon (I currently have chainmail and gauntlets).

Think I should go for shin protectors (greaves), foot armor (sabatons), or something else entirely?

I think the cracked is just me. Lately there have been a few articles I haven't really loved, but when I was lifegurding, I managed to get through pretty much every article I could fine, and I read almost all of the ones they publish daily. So not only is my brain a rolodex of dilbert cartoons, but its also a catologue of cracked articles. I quote some of John Cheeses stuff in particular because he wrote a number of really freaking good articles on overcoming addictions, on his own experience with relationships and other stuff in a similar vein. It's hard to come by quality work by people who have been through what he has, who then managed to get themselves out of the hole, so I've quoted him a few times here.

And I would think the next piece of armour to get would be a helmet. My collection is a cuirass, helmet, and gauntlets. If not a helmet, then greaves I think.

You mean like LARPing armour or what armour?

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

^I use it for decoration, sparring with friends, roleplaying, and occasionally even cosplaying.

Mostly though I just adore armor and want to one day own a full suit of it.

But I'll probably go with bracers/ a helmet, or maybe even both if I can find a good deal. It's amazing how much prices range with armor. My gauntlets costed $50, but there are gauntlets out there that cost ~$1000. It's crazy.

And now I've stumbled upon cloaks and tunics with the Hospitaller cross on them. But they're also really over priced ($90 for the cloak). It's common sense versus love of the Knights of Malta here....

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]

^Everyone needs a hobby =p

And it's no less a waste of money than video games, judging that I spend <$200 a year on it.

AND MY CHAIN MAIL HAS PLENTY OF EVERYDAY APPLICATIONS. LIKE WEARING IT TO SCHOOL AND TALKING TRASH THEN LAUGHING WHEN THEY PUNCH ME IN THE GUT. THEN CRYING WHEN THEY PULL OUT A GUN.

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]

Guns at school? That is some serious issues you have with guns. I don't know a single person who has a gun, besides my grandpa who has an airgun that needs no license, since it can't kill a man. He uses it to keep birds and cats out of the garden.

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc

Guns at school? That is some serious issues you have with guns. I don't know a single person who has a gun, besides my grandpa who has an airgun that needs no license, since it can't kill a man. He uses it to keep birds and cats out of the garden.

I don't think that was serious ;)

Well, who knows, them 'Muricans are crazy ;)

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc

True. The only hobbies I really have (besides video games) are hockey and (this year) gardening. And I spend probably $700 a year on hockey...

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

True. The only hobbies I really have (besides video games) are hockey and (this year) gardening. And I spend probably $700 a year on hockey...

Why I don't understand people who play hockey. They love it, wouldn't do anything else given the choice. But I just couldn't justify the money spent... My friends don't pay (yet) but they are getting new gear all the time, 200 dollar sticks once a year, plus hockey around here is (last I heard) about $500 a season while you have to buy all your own gear and stuff.

I play hockey because I enjoy it and it helps me stay in shape lol. Once you're an adult, the only equipment you really need to replace with any regularity is sticks anyway so the equipment cost isn't bad past the initial investment.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Meh, I prefer low maitnence sports or anything you can pick up on the fly.

Baseball, soccer, road hockey, football, basketball, etc... Anything where I can decide to play and just play with some friends, or join a league and play it (more gear and stuff but usually given most when you sign up).

• 2 weeks later...

Dimples.

I have like a crease dimple mark...whatever running beside my lips and honestly I't makes me look insanely [bleep]ing ugly and I cant EVER get a nice photo because of it because I look like this:

2mpcqhk.jpg

I basically have this...at 21. how is it my face aged in ONE spot, and that one spot is the one thing making me uncomfortable with my body and makes me look hideous in every god damn photo and what can I do to fix it. To make it worse, It's been like that for years and no one in the family ever looked like that until well beyond 40.

And it makes me look like I've been stung by a bee (aka puffy cheeks)

Popoto.~<3

Did you start running?

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

I don't think anyone has a nice photo, or at least the standards most people judge by are non-amateur and make people too self-conscious.

I've not seen your photos but... they're probably fine. Most people who whine about photos are.

How does a CV reference work? I include the details on my CV and do the employer tell me they're gonna call them up? Do I have to tell my references who I gave CVs to so that they know what to expect? Or do I just throw my CV at people and let it happen by itself?

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

• 2 weeks later...

Anybody knowledgable about cats?

My mother's cat, about 6-12 months old, female, for some reason in the mornings she bites a toy ball, carries around with her, meowing/crying around the house. It seems like she wants our attention to the ball or something she can't do with the ball...we're stumped. She was recently fixed and my mother thinks maybe it's some hormoragal instint that makes her treat the ball as her kitten or something - but I don't think that's really it.

Any ideas what she might be trying to do? Any insight would be much appricated. :smile:

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

http://answers.yahoo...d=1006041815844 ? Hunting could be it, especially if when she sees her favourite hominid she heads towards him or her.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

I have decided to start eating healthy food, but I find the food that is considered healthy to taste very bad (for me anyways). I never ate fruits and only ate a few vegetables, but I want to start eating as much as I can. Is there any way I could change the taste or cover it with something else, while still getting the vitamins that I'd usually get from it? I'm also just scared of trying out new food, for some reason.

I'm really picky about food, that was always a huge problem for me. Hopefully someone will give me a good advice. :)

terravir.png

I pretty much eat unhealthy food and not a lot of diversity. Pretty much just regular food, that isn't particularly healthy or unhealthy. So pretty much a lot of fried food, 0 fruit, almost 0 vegetables, for breakfast I eat chocolate cornflakes, for dinner usually just some bread with Nutella and I drink orange juice all the time, but I can easily switch to water if need be. Hopefully this will help, if you need more detail, do tell.

terravir.png

Well, for a start, you could just mix small pieces of apples or pears to your chocolate cornflakes.

How can you not like fruits? I haven't heard of a single person like that before. Well, the problem might be that the only available fruits/vegetables to you are the ones from the supermarket, waxed and filled with insect repellents and fertilizers. Try some truly fresh and natural stuff, whenever possible. I personally find the taste almost always better. And don't be afraid for, for example, light brown patches on apples. They get on spots where the apple drops, if it is grown naturally and not picked from the tree. And those spots are the sweetest.

Looking at your location, I see you live in Slovenia. You should have absolutely no trouble getting fresh, natural produce over there.

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc

Learn to cook, if you don't already know how. Bread and Nutella are not dinner.