Real life help & advice

Abc1230

Grave digging. How awkward is it to get a Sex health checkup? I figured hitting 18 and having the occasional fling with different people I wanted to just get tested to put my mind at ease. is it long? awkward? costly?

If you'll forgive the intrusion, do you have symptoms? Or else why do you feel the need to put your mind at ease?

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

- H.G. Wells, The Island of Doctor Moreau

Grave digging. How awkward is it to get a Sex health checkup? I figured hitting 18 and having the occasional fling with different people I wanted to just get tested to put my mind at ease. is it long? awkward? costly?

If you'll forgive the intrusion, do you have symptoms? Or else why do you feel the need to put your mind at ease?

Sorta-Kinda. I've checked the internet over and over (literally over 50 times) and they all point to the one thing, but it isn't a STD or spreadable etc, its enormously common among young men, but I still want to get checked just for ease.

Popoto.~<3

Only a nurse or a doctor is going to be able to tell you whether it is or isn't, and there's no guarentee that resources found on the Internet are written by either. If they do need to examine it really isn't that awkward, I had to observe a penile examination as part of of my medical school training and the patient was completely at ease with not only the procedure, but me being there as well. Most likely it'll be bloods/urine test anyway. Is it more awkward for you to have it checked, or to carry on worrying about what you may or may not have?

Honestly Tim, if they give you a penile examination, it's really not that bad. I've had my doctor do that before as a part of a full body check up.

@adrenal, drinking enough water helps as well. Just not too much or else it'll become uncomfortable.

j0xPu5R.png

How do I get rid (or prevent for that matter) the pain in my right hand side lower abdomen when I run ?

It only really starts getting annoying after about 3 miles or so. Maybe just more conditioning ?

You can also try kneeling down on your left knee with your right knee pressed as tightly against your chest as possible for a few seconds.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

About the breathing thing...

Admittedly, I suck as a distance runner. One of my major problems was stitches. I used a breathing technique that helps keep them away for longer (I still tend to get them though, but not nearly as fast as I used to), and the trick is to synchronize your inhaling and exhaling with your foot steps. First, pick a foot. I use my left because I start with my right, and it gives me a step to get ready. On step one with your chosen foot, start to inhale, and continue to inhale until your 3rd step with that same foot, at which point you start to exhale the second it touches the ground, and continue for the 4th step with that foot, and then restart the count at 1 on that foots next step, and repeat. As a point of personal preferance, I inhale through my mouth and exhale through my nose. Since I never willingly run further than 200m, it doesn't matter to me if that is 'right' or not. I don't know if inhaling through your nose and exhaling through your mouth helps with stitches even more, but I find breathing in through my nose to restrictive.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone here have any idea how I could find out how much it would cost to ship something internationally? I did some searching and couldn't really find anything....

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]

If you want to know UPS' prices, here. Extremely detailed, it'll tell you how long it'll take to ship and how much it'll cost. This is the same thing for FedEx. I'm assuming you'll find the same thing for every major shipping company under their "Shipping" tab.

Also, holy crap that's expensive.

For the running, it's a bit late, but wrapping your thumb in your hand and squeezing it should help a bit; the slight pain you generate from that will take the priority over the pain from the running (at least, that's what I've read).

To the person who suggested changing breathing patterns, that might be a solution because stepping down hard while breathing will stretch the ligaments between your diaphragm and internal organs differently depending on what's on that side of your lower torso.

A more complicated explanation put forth by some researchers is that a side stitch is caused by stretching the ligaments that extend from the diaphragm to the internal organs, particularly the liver. The jarring motion of running while breathing in and out stretches these ligaments. Runners tend to exhale every two or four steps. Most people exhale as the left foot hits the ground, but some people exhale when the right foot hits the ground. It is the later group who seem more prone to get side stitches.

http://sportsmedicine.about.com/cs/injuries/a/aa053100a.htm

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

This is a long shot but here goes:

I just received a random cheque for 1250 dollars in the mail. Apparently it is for my student loan, from the Alberta government (I live there). The company is called Edulinx, and they took over student loan operations since 2001 I've found out. Anyways, problem is I never requested this loan, the only loans I applied for are from the Canadian government, and I already received half of it in September, the other half is supposed to come later this month. I filled out a form for the Alberta loan, but they only confirmed to give me 100 dollars-ish and I already got that in September as well.

The envelope also had a form I have to fill out with my banking info, but that's weird because they gave me a cheque? Their website requires an account, but I don't have one, and their hotline wants my social insurance number :mellow:

So to anyone who lives in Canada, what the hell is this?

Staurolite.png

I just received a random cheque for 1250 dollars in the mail. Apparently it is for my student loan, from the Alberta government (I live there). The company is called Edulinx, and they took over student loan operations since 2001 I've found out. Anyways, problem is I never requested this loan, the only loans I applied for are from the Canadian government, and I already received half of it in September, the other half is supposed to come later this month. I filled out a form for the Alberta loan, but they only confirmed to give me 100 dollars-ish and I already got that in September as well.

The envelope also had a form I have to fill out with my banking info, but that's weird because they gave me a cheque? Their website requires an account, but I don't have one, and their hotline wants my social insurance number :mellow:

Sounds like a scam. I bet you can't cash in that check neither.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Sounds like a scam. I bet you can't cash in that check neither.

Cash the cheque, then spend the money. Pronto.

lampost_sig_stark.png

In a previous version of Firefox to the one I'm currently using (9.0.1) it was possible to type a word into the URL bar and it would automatically generate a Google search, or go straight to the page if it's obvious what you were looking for. "BBC" would go to "www.bbc.co.uk", "youtube" to "www.youtube.com" etc.

Is there any way of restoring that tool into version 9.0.1?

In a previous version of Firefox to the one I'm currently using (9.0.1) it was possible to type a word into the URL bar and it would automatically generate a Google search, or go straight to the page if it's obvious what you were looking for. "BBC" would go to "www.bbc.co.uk", "youtube" to "www.youtube.com" etc.

They got rid of that? That was actually one of the very few things I missed when moving to Chrome. :(

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

They got rid of that? That was actually one of the very few things I missed when moving to Chrome. :(

It still does that for me, although that going straight to the page has only rarely worked for me anyway :/

[hide=Quote pyramid]

[/hide]

It still does that for me, although that going straight to the page has only rarely worked for me anyway :/

It comes up with the following message when I type "bbc" into the address bar:

File not found

Firefox can't find the file at jar:file:///C:/Program Files (x86)/Mozilla Firefox/omni.jar!/chrome/en-GB/locale/browser-region/region.propertiesbbc.

* Check the file name for capitalisation or other typing errors.
* Check to see if the file was moved, renamed or deleted.

I'll try re-installing the whole thing.

EDIT: No, still not working.

Edited by Ginger_Warrior

I'm trying to write a resume for myself and I can't think of any "special skills" I have that are worth putting onto it. Are things like "Quick learner" or "Good at resolving disputes" special skills?

Depends on what kind of job you're applying for. If you have any skills pertaining to that job, list those. General computer skills might look good, regardless of the job you're looking for. If you can speak another language, that's probably a good thing to put here.

I'm trying to write a resume for myself and I can't think of any "special skills" I have that are worth putting onto it. Are things like "Quick learner" or "Good at resolving disputes" special skills?

If the skills are relevent, place them in. Dispute resolution requires skills in people management and negotiating, definitely useful if having to deal with members of the public in general or working in an environment where co-workers arelikely to disagree with each other on a day-to-day basis. If you're wanting to be a website designer though, I'm not sure you really need to solving any disputes since you'll spend most of your time working solo.

"Quick learner" isn't a skill, it's a personality trait, like "hard working" or "dependable". Studying is the skill. Just be aware that anything you put down on paper you could be asked to describe evidence for. "I just am" doesn't cut it when they ask you to explain what you mean by "quick learner".