Real life help & advice

Abc1230

So, I'm actually making this post at the request of a close friend.

One of her best friends has been acting well, whiney lately. She'll loudly state that a teacher made her cry when they didn't answer a question, and tends to make comments alluding to her having no friends and such.

She claims her mom is abusive and that she's been grounded for three years for no reason. But she was grounded last year actually, for having failing grades. When complaining about being grounded to her mom in front of others her mom said "You'll be ungrounded when you do your chores." To which she basically stuck out her tongue and ended the conversation.

Basically, none of her stories of woe seem to add up, and it seems like she's playing for pity.

Basically, the old her is missed, and my friend wishes she could have her old not-so-whiney friend back.

So, anything I can tell her to help?

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]

It's a phase she'll snap out of when she either:

a) Grows up;

b) Gets too old to be blaming her mum;

c) Begins to realise that pining for attention only tends to wind other people up.

Whenever anyone acts like that with me I usually give them the barest minimum attention possible ("Oh that's horrible", "Oh yeah, very nice" etc). When they start acting normal again, I give them my attention back.

Positive reinforcement at its finest.

It's a phase she'll snap out of when she either:

a) Grows up;

b) Gets too old to be blaming her mum;

c) Begins to realise that pining for attention only tends to wind other people up.

Whenever anyone acts like that with me I usually give them the barest minimum attention possible ("Oh that's horrible", "Oh yeah, very nice" etc). When they start acting normal again, I give them my attention back.

Positive reinforcement at its finest.

I prefer being sarcastic and passive aggressive

...this is going to seem a little bit odd, but I'm actually 100% serious and not trolling, so hear me out.

So I'm paranoid. Like, REALLY paranoid. Anyway, I was reading through my brother's freshman psych textbook, and I was looking at the chapters about disorders, specifically Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD). Anyway, I thought I had some of the symptoms, so I did a reliable-looking online test, which said I test high for a lot of BPD symptoms, and off the charts with paranoia. Anyway, my parents are the kind of people who believe that "minor" disorders aren't exactly...well, real. I was thinking, and I think I'm seriously [bleep]ed up in the head, but I can't tell my parents because they won't believe me. I was thinking about it, and so many of my problems (most pressing; losing my girlfriend and my two best friends) are in some way, shape, or form, caused by my rampant paranoia. So, in conclusion, where can I get some lithium or other pills to keep my crazy mind in check?

TL;DR?

I need mood stabilizers; how to obtain?

Indie_Kids.png

"Don't push me; what's the hurry?" - Imogen Heap

...this is going to seem a little bit odd, but I'm actually 100% serious and not trolling, so hear me out.

So I'm paranoid. Like, REALLY paranoid. Anyway, I was reading through my brother's freshman psych textbook, and I was looking at the chapters about disorders, specifically Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD). Anyway, I thought I had some of the symptoms, so I did a reliable-looking online test, which said I test high for a lot of BPD symptoms, and off the charts with paranoia. Anyway, my parents are the kind of people who believe that "minor" disorders aren't exactly...well, real. I was thinking, and I think I'm seriously [bleep]ed up in the head, but I can't tell my parents because they won't believe me. I was thinking about it, and so many of my problems (most pressing; losing my girlfriend and my two best friends) are in some way, shape, or form, caused by my rampant paranoia. So, in conclusion, where can I get some lithium or other pills to keep my crazy mind in check?

TL;DR?

I have merged your topic with this one since it doesn't actually pertain to relationship advice. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

TL;DR?

First off, you don't want lithium. It makes you feel really, really crummy (physically ill). And it is highly dangerous to take without a doctor consultation as taking it in the wrong dosage is very easily lethal.

No online psychiatric test is reliable. If you really think you have BPD, go to a psychiatrist. Or your school counselor. Just don't self-diagnose. And paranoia is not a symptom of BPD. It may be a symptom of something else, but not BPD. Self-diagnosis is one of the worst things you can do. Also, BPD is not a "minor" disorder. If you had it, the people around you would notice, big time.

See a psychiatrist, or at least a school counselor. But DO NOT take any sort of mood stabilizers (ESPECIALLY Lithium) without a therapist prescription.

Flyingjj.png

I wasn't aware lithium medication was even legally obtainable without a prescriptive license. Good lord... :unsure:

You must be sceptical about any information you find on the Internet pertaining to medicine, especially psychiatric assessments because they are generally so easy to forge and pass off as 'real'. There are websites out there that tell you conventional medicine has no effect on the body and that we should convert to homeopathy, when there isn't any scientific evidence to support the former claim, and it's a blatent attempt to give misinformation so people will buy drugs from them (or another website owned by them or a business partner). Likewise, there are very sick websites that mislead people into thinking they have serious problems when, in fact, they only have minor problems or even none at all. Diagnoses on these websites really come down to how patients answer the questions and are thusly nothing more than a self-diagnosis, which is potentially dangerous if people then go one step further and start ordering drugs for a condition they may not actually have.

The reality is only a trained health professional can properly diagnose a personality disorder and it is definitely true that the only psychiatrists can prescribe lithium. Your first point of contact for mental health related issues should be your family doctor, most commonly a GP. Ask for a double appointment (20 mins) because psych problems tend to take longer to investigate properly. He'll ask you a few questions about your diet, weight and lifestyle, and explore the thoughts that have lead you to suspect you're paranoid. If he thinks there's something worth investigating he'll pass you on to secondary care, which could possibly include an appoinment with a psychiatrist who may prescribe lithium. In the meantime, consider visiting a counsellor who may be able to help talk things through if things are too much and your parents won't listen.

That's the route I would urge you to take, not the self-medicating path this website seems to have advised.

• 3 weeks later...

I've been invited to a birthday party and a couple of graduation parties, and I have no clue what the requirements for gifts are. :3

Am I required to give gifts or not? The last time I went to either of those kinds of parties, I was in elementary school, so things were different. Parents took care of graduate gifts, and I definitely had to get birthday gifts.

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

For graduation parties around here, it's typical to bring a card with a small amount of money in it. If you aren't very close with the person graduating, $10 should do fine; more the better you know them. I've heard that's not the custom everywhere, though. I got around $1,600 from my graduation party in small gifts of money and it really helped for college expenses.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

Well. Shooting yourself in the head of course.

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

Hey guys, I need to know where I can get a small stockpile of nuclear weapons.

I have to do research on it for an essay. Thank you.

Your best bet is in the frontier of the ex-Soviet independent states, like Kazakhstan.

lolbk.png

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Guys I need some advice. What are fast painless ways to kill yourself?

How do you measure how painful a death is? By how much the guy screams before he drops? I'd say something like a bullet straight between your eyes is one of the fastest, and therefore less painfull ways to die.

Hey guys, I need to know where I can get a small stockpile of nuclear weapons.

Have you tried ebay? I got mine off there, at great price, too. Just don't buy them used.

16185_s.gif

Guys I need some advice. What are fast painless ways to kill yourself?

How soon to death are we talking about here for the pain?

Freezing to death is painless, and actually probably feels good because when you get there you start to feel warm, which is what you really want. Drowning would be similarly painless.

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

I knew a sailor once, got tangled in the rigging. We pulled him out, but it took him five minutes to cough. He said it was like going home.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

Guest Rob

Contrary to popular belief, shooting yourself - even with a shotgun - is not a surefire way to die. More than half of the attempted gun suicides wake up in the hospital, missing a chunk of their brain and usually mute and wheelchair-bound for the rest of their lives. Kurt Cobain could just as easily have wound up blowing off the lower half of his face, laying there on the floor sputtering for thirty hours before the mailman came by and called the cops, Kurt living on as a deformed and inarticulate mask of horror for the rest of his days.

(Cracked.com http://www.cracked.com/article_15658_the-ten-minute-suicide-guide.html#ixzz1LLUQajcd)

Iamsomebody better not stop posting on TIF after that message. :shock:

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]

I knew a sailor once, got tangled in the rigging. We pulled him out, but it took him five minutes to cough. He said it was like going home.

isnt that from the prestige?

"i lied, he said it was agony"

UZp6G.png

32,606th to 99 magic || 15,388th to 99 dungeoneering || 12,647th to 99 farming

14,792nd to 99 range || 24,954th to 99 herblore