Ohh mad. so you're going for 99?

ford_landau

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I got 99 Cooking in F2P, I did it because at that time nothing really appealed to me except cooking. When I got bored, I was only a few levels from 99 so I thought, why stop now? That's also the reason why I keep going for 99 when I train a skill...that is if I really like the skill. I can never see myself having 99 mining even if Jagex declares it as the official coolest/best cape in the game. I just don't like it.

vv05c.png

[brought to you by the Cult of the Sacred Crate]

17th to 99 Smithing OSRS

Meh, I've never been really interested in getting a 99. I've been playing for ages and only have one 90+ skill and that's because I can fish while doing other things.

The skillcape update really pushed most people to getting them, and I had quit right after the slayer update so I didn't get to see that update come out. By the time I came back everyone had them so they seemed pretty pointless. I just like going for goals like all 60+ stats or all 70+.

Walt_SA.png

Starting Playing RS: ages ago.

I like to aim for a rounded level myself. I will be getting 99 summoning and hp because those are over 95 already, but will be keeping my other combat stats at 95 because I don't think it's worth the time to train them 95-99. Same goes for most of my other skill levels, I think they're a pretty good balance between time spent and the advantage they give me. I will be getting 95 herblore soon, because it's a nice round level and I'll be able to make every useful potion again (greenmans ale for overload, I wont need many of those anyway).

I'd say that if you don't especially like a skill, don't bother with 99 but just get 85/90/95 to max it out. I do understand the people who get a 99 skill just because they have money to waste and nothing better to do though, 99 in almost any still is a pretty good achievement.

Couldn't agree more. I have this obsession with rounded lvls too. Lately, it's getting a bit of a mess because I'm lazy, but I used to have very nice rounded stats :-)

I got my 99's because I want to skill what there is to skill (and beyond that). I don't give a damn about capes, and parties are incredibly pathetic. Though, being a skiller, lvl 99 is the goal because it's the highest you can reach.

I only aim for 99 in skills that actually do something (like smithing or constuction)They are the first priority..second would be combat related skill since they do something but in ways of improvement...and last would be those skill that doesn't have a 99 assigned to be able to do something other than a cape...

functionality over appearance...

Oh and ford...nice that you're going for 99 construction for room limits...I wonder what room are you going to use that for...

and parties are incredibly pathetic.

Aren't you just Mr Negative then. :|

Im doing 99 defence for one reason: My favorite skill. I don't care about the cape (colors aren't that great) but I sure as hell love the reaction from pures and others of "Omfg, you defence noob, Why wont you die"

On this note, Has anyone noticed the IMMENSE amount of strength pures lately walking around with 99 construction? What happened, Did material costs plummet?

Popoto.~<3

only questcape here, and less than 50 total left for achieving 2000 total without even planning on it :wink:

seriously i blame both 99 capes and grand exchange for ruining runescape skilling. people can fast access and get all they need for a 99, when a respect&party&nice cape are enought for them. i couldn't understand any 99 herblorer (till the recent update, even then why continue after overdose?) that got it only to have "a nice green cape ftw"...

i play to have fun, and i do. i plan one day get all combat lvls to 99 and beyond as i pretty like combat, but it'll take long till then. untill, i get respect for my high total without any 99 :roll:

want_a_box.png

I've always wanted 99s in every skill (even before the skill cape update). I like working on everything and "being able to do anything" in a game. I think I wanted to be in the top 21 Overall someday too, but that thought sort of fell out a window once people started getting 1B+ XP.

I'm getting 99 ranging because it's actually pretty useful, for like bosses and stuff. I might also get one of the easy, cheap, buyable skills like cooking or fletching for the prayer bonus...

Some people do it for the prestige and the neat cape, some skills actually give benefits for high stats, like summoning. For skills with no high-end content, like crafting, fletching or farming, its just more of a challenge, and the capes are a rare sight, and sometimes people just like being ahead of the game when Jagex releases more high-level things, like they did with herblore (I guess...)

I already have the quest cape since Jagex releases high-qp requisite quests more often than they do high-level content for skills, and because all quests is a much easier acheivement but still gives a snazzy cape with good stats, to be honest....

When you go feather dragon god, you never go back.

I'm getting 99 ranging because it's actually pretty useful, for like bosses and stuff. I might also get one of the easy, cheap, buyable skills like cooking or fletching for the prayer bonus...

Why wouldn't you stay at 97/98 range so you don't waste the xp you get from killing bosses and stuff?

2dvjurb.png

I don't have any 99's. Getting 13m experience really doesn't appeal to me in the least.

Same. My friends tell me to aim for a 99 but I HATE grinding. That's why I hate the end-game of WoW, too much raid/boss "grinding" and I hate RuneScape's 99s because of grinding. I like it in the middle.

I have 53 farming because I love the skill. That may not seem high for the grinders, but it is to me considering I casually do it with no goals or hurries.

But yeah, capes made 99's popular. Those blasted skill capes... <_<

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

only questcape here, and less than 50 total left for achieving 2000 total without even planning on it :wink:

i play to have fun, and i do. i plan one day get all combat lvls to 99 and beyond as i pretty like combat, but it'll take long till then. untill, i get respect for my high total without any 99 :roll:

This. Is. Me.

Pretty close, anyway. I took out the second paragraph, but the rest is my position.

"All that is gold does not glitter..."

Well all of my 99s are in Combat skills so it made sense to max them out (and the melee ones came while training slayer, a skill I enjoy).

Ranged came because at the time of training it it was a very useful skill, made a lot of money staking using it at only 90 ranged (which at the time was enough to be in the top 1,000). I wanted to train it so I could PK better and just generally be 'stronger'.

I'm currently bursting my way to 99 magic, however the main reason I am doing that is for charms to get to 88 summoning which will help with monster killing, something I enjoy so 99 magic is really a side goal while doing that and I thought I might as well get it just for the sake of having 99 in it.

My only skill that's 99 and is just around the minimum for it is strength, simply because I use a whip while training slayer and thus don't have the option to train it, attack, defence and range are all over 18M xp way more than what is required for 99 so they've just been trained naturally.

Some 99s are 'pointless' to get, however I'd rather finish a skill off at 99 then leave it at something such as 90 simply because when Jagex do release how end content for that skill then it'd be nice to be able to do it straight away such as what is happening with Herblore right now.

"Yeah, i'm going for 99". Premature ejaculation if you ask me. Alot of people (including myself at one stage) don't realise how much time it actually takes to get a 99 in certain skills, heck in all skills even. Sure when you reach level 80 or 90 you might look close to 99 on level basis but on Exp basis you aren't even halfway. Most people who say they are going for 99 end up doing something else after 3 or 4 levels. People should learn to take it as it comes. Level at a time. If you keep telling yourself you want that 99 its going to take longer (or atleast feel like its taking longer).

When it comes to guides....well there really isnt much to say. "1 - 99 Hunter in 3 Weeks". I think they writer neglected to say "1-99 Hunter in 3 Weeks (Please note that in order to do this you will have to switch off all contact to the outside world)" What i'm trying to say is that Guides dont make skills easy. They pretend to make them easy. Alot of the guides out there are very inacurate. Exp or Money rates arent right. There's not enough proof to back it up.

And i do believe the cape has some small role in it too. I myself would want a Summoning cape just because i like the looks of it. But like i said, take it easy. Each level at a time. This game is supposed to be something you do in the spare time of your life, when youve got nothing else to do. Not the other way around.

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

**Thanks to Boo_Boy666 for my amazing Singnature**

[hide=Slaytanicc's Achievments]|99Cooking achieved 24Dec 2008|99Strength achieved 17Feb 2009|99Hit Points achieved 8April 2009|

|99Defense achieved 29May 2009|99Attack achieved 2August 2009|99Ranged achieved 14August 2009|[/hide]

[hide=Guides by Slaytanicc]Aviansie Maging + Ranging Guide (Must Read!!)

Iron Mining + Banking Guide

Green Dragons Guide

Ankou Slaying Guide[/hide]

The game is different for alot of people. For me i like to pick a skill then find the best way to train it, then go all the way to 99. A skill it pretty much dead to me once i get 99, unless im using it to make cash while i watch tv. The capes dont do much for me, i dident even buy the capes for the last few 99s i got.

I want to max out someday.

Fools_Taco.png

Have you guys noticed in Rate This, whenever someone gets level 99 in a skill, chances are they'll say something like, "4th cape - Fishing." Rather than, "4th 99 skill - Fishing."

Wow, you're right :shock: only a few people actually mention skill. I guess it really is all about the cape :?

"Yeah, i'm going for 99". Premature ejaculation if you ask me. Alot of people (including myself at one stage) don't realise how much time it actually takes to get a 99 in certain skills, heck in all skills even. Sure when you reach level 80 or 90 you might look close to 99 on level basis but on Exp basis you aren't even halfway. Most people who say they are going for 99 end up doing something else after 3 or 4 levels. People should learn to take it as it comes. Level at a time. If you keep telling yourself you want that 99 its going to take longer (or atleast feel like its taking longer).

When it comes to guides....well there really isnt much to say. "1 - 99 Hunter in 3 Weeks". I think they writer neglected to say "1-99 Hunter in 3 Weeks (Please note that in order to do this you will have to switch off all contact to the outside world)" What i'm trying to say is that Guides dont make skills easy. They pretend to make them easy. Alot of the guides out there are very inacurate. Exp or Money rates arent right. There's not enough proof to back it up.

And i do believe the cape has some small role in it too. I myself would want a Summoning cape just because i like the looks of it. But like i said, take it easy. Each level at a time. This game is supposed to be something you do in the spare time of your life, when youve got nothing else to do. Not the other way around.

Don't really know why, but the premature line made me lol :lol:.

But you are right. Guides say, "get it in one month if you play X hours a day, get X amount of Exp an hour and make X amount of cash an hour", when in reality it is much harder than that. Knowing your goal, and attempting your goal are different things.

After getting two 99's I probably won't go for another until next year sometime. And by then it will definitely be farming <3:

disturbeda.png

People going for 99 may be doing it for the cape, but a lot of friends I know are going for 99 herblore just because it's now a useful skill to have. The cape's are definitely a motivation, but some skills are actually worth the effort.

I think going for a 99 is a skill in itself. After getting 99 in all melee stats and magic, I decided I wanted 99 slayer. It took me about a year of training it every day to get it, but I finally did.

Now I feel like I can get any 99 I want. It's all about determination and whether or not you're the kind of person that can stick to it.

Winters Omen.png

5,693rd to 99 Slayer on 10/08/2009