Playlists.

tintin113

So everyone here must have made a playlist before, whether just an quick On-The-Go playlist, a carefully thought out choice of your favourite songs, or a themed playlist, like something to listen to while jogging or working.

As Spotify rightly states: Everyone loves music, but what I love more than listening to good music, is discovering music that soungs great together or in a certain situation. I have made many playlists over the years but the one I'm making at the moment is a new one for me, and involves my favourite song from almost every artist on my iTunes. Considering I have just under 2,500 songs on my iTunes I doubt it's gonna be completed any time soon but it's an ongoing project I intend to see through to the end because so far it sounds great.

So what I'm trying to lead onto here is what is your favourite playlist or favourite type of playlist?

Do you like 5 song playlists that you change all the time when your taste changes, or huge playlists that will never grow old?

Do you make them for gaming or running or working or walking or laughing or crying or dancing or cheering you up after a long day's work?

In my opinion all music can sound good in the right situation, so post your playlists or ideas of playlists here and share what you've done with everyone!

I'll start off with what I've done so far on my band-variety playlist:

[hide]All the Same - Sick Puppies

Viva La Vida - Coldplay

Stockholm Syndrome - Muse

Angels - Within Temptation

These Days - Fightstar

Ungodly Hour - The Fray

¡Viva La Gloria! - Green Day

Hands Held High - Linkin Park

Money To Be Made - The Hoosiers

Three Cheers for Five Years - Mayday Parade

Machines - Biffy Clyro

The Funeral - Band of Horses

Beyond The Hourglass - I Am Ghost

The Boxer - Simon & Garfunkel

A Bad Dream - Keane

Misery Business - Paramore

Tear - The Red Hot Chili Peppers

Bridges - Lifehouse

Mr. Brightside - The Killers

Bright Idea - Orson

Gives You Hell - The All-American Rejects

Rooftops (A Liberation Broadcast) - Lostprophets

Nine In The Afternoon - Panic! At The Disco

Send Me On My Way - Rusted Root

Photograph - Nickelback

Shine - Take That

The Unforgiven - Metallica

Light With A Sharpened Edge - The Used

Girls & Boys - Good Charlotte

Boxing Champ - Kaiser Chiefs

Good people - Jack Johnson

Same - Snow Patrol

Rain - Breaking Benjamin

As you can see there is a huge variety of music here, but I hate pigeon-holing myself into liking one type of music and this palylist suits me perfectly. :D[/hide]

tifsiggy.jpg

Thanks to Quarra for the awesome sig!

Xbox360 Gamertag = Tintin113

I'm more into albums than playlists. I am extremely thankful for the On The Go feature on the iPod, but the playlists are always changing and there's nothing I'd be bothered about losing.

La lune ne garde aucune rancune.

I'm normally very lazy and just stick my whole music folder (122GB) into one giant playlist and let it decide what comes up, have a large variety of Music in there so it's always interesting when it goes from something like Megadeth to Duran Duran to No Doubt to Blanket etc. lol

Other times I'll just select one/a few bands and put that on, don't really have any specific playlists for activities though, just skip a song that comes up and I don't feel like listening to.

I need to get myself a 120GB+ MP3 player, would love to get something let an iPod touch but they're far too small capacity wise and I'm not sure if they play FLAC or not? (Don't have too much FLAC though, just a few albums)

DarkDude, you could get hold of an older iPod and install Rockbox on it if you feel like it. I'm pretty sure the Rockbox firmware offers FLAC support; otherwise I don't know any large capacity players that support FLAC off the top of my head.

Like Lateralus, I'm more into albums. Sometimes I'll just set foobar2000 to read all my music and put it on random if I'm in the mood for that.

I'm more into albums too, if I'm in a certain mood I'll just select 2-3 albums and have those play. You could say I treat them as I would treat songs, so yeah basically my ipod is one large playlist of my favourite albums.

If I'm not in any particular mood I put it on shuffle and then after a few songs decide what mood I am in/want to be in :razz:

2dvjurb.png

I either listen to albums or my entire playlist, now and then I might just listen to one band on random. I used to create various "playlists" but I've grown out of that really. I guess you could say that my music on my phone (only 4GB storage, so its limited) could technically be a playlist -- but it's just made up of various albums.

I have two playlists. One for all of the songs that I enjoy the most. Another for the songs I want to listen to before a cross country meet.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

I don't really do playlists. My needs change with every song and I can never predict what direction it's going to be. So when I don't listen to a complete record I just go from song to song on my PC or MP3 player.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

I've never actually made a playlist. Until 3 or so years ago I just had all my music in the same playlist and put it on shuffle. Now I just tend to listen to full albums. If I really need to listen to a few songs by themselves then I'll do that though. :P

Cool.

I don't do playlists, I generally (used to) put music on my mp3 via a Windows 2000, and my mp3 only supported full playlist creation in WMP11+, and Win2000 has 10, so that was fail. I do have random playlists on it now from syncing it with the other laptop. Otherwise I might listen to my 'top rated' or just shuffle.

My girlfriend and I made a play list of our favorite bands and listened to it whenever we hung out. Other than that, I find it more convenient to just search specific songs that I'm in the mood for.

I've never considered that you have the option to listen to just albums as well. I just chucked a bunch of songs into one big playlist on my iPhone, conventiently called "My iPhone Playlist", and I always just put shuffle on. I'll give the album thing a shot next time!

2009rb9.jpg

I use playlists all the time. They help organize my music library by genre and mood. "Acoustic Chill", "Study", "Upbeat Hip-hop", "Chill Hip-Hop", "Beats", "Tripout", "Reggae", "Hookah Sesh", etc.

It's great to throw a playlist on shuffle at a house party and other events. Last night I got to play one of my "underground rap" playlists at a popular university bar. :thumbup:

[hide]Soulution - Yao Ming ft. Project Move

Sojourn - All Things Considered

Blame One - Disturbed ft. Sean Price

Memphis Bleek - Alright (Ratatat Remix)

AZ - The Format

Us3 - Cantaloop (Flip Fantasia)

Talib Kweli - Listen!!!

Gang Starr - Moment of Truth

etc..[/hide]

Full albums never really did it for me... Generally not enough variety, and most of them have at least one or two tracks I always skip.

The only playlists I have are for skiing. One is rap oriented, the other is metal.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

I have quite a few playlists depending on my mood. Stuff like "Feel Good", "Tear Jerkers", "Smooth" (classic Frank Sinatra type stuff), "Love Songs" etc.

I rarely listen to them all the way through, instead because I have quite a lot of music i'd probably forget all the songs that fit under those categories if I wanted to listen to something like that. So instead of having to think what a "Feel Good" song is I can just pick one off the playlist. I have a Spotify playlist with my best friend which we haven't updated in ages, I just put random stuff there I like every now and again, and one with my girlfriend but she's not using Spotify much whilst she's out of the country so that doesn't get changed much.

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

I have just one playlist, I only have 200 songs, but here's my top picks anyways...

Dream On - Aerosmith

Money for Nothing - Dire Straits

Smoke on the Water - Deep Purple

Broadsword - Jethro Tull

Devil's got a New Disguise - Aerosmith

I Want it All - Queen.

Elevation - U2

Rag Doll - Aerosmith

Innuendo - Queen

Boom, Like That - Mark Knopfler

Dude Looks like a Lady - Aerosmith

Vertigo - U2

The Saints are Coming - U2 and Green Day

Bungle in the Jungle- Jethro Tull

Holliday - Green Day

Rock you like a Hurricane - The Scorpions

Sultans of Swing - Dire Straits

We Will Rock You - Queen

And now:

Space Truckin' - Deep Purple.

22031_s.gif

I usually go through obsessions with random artists and listen to their songs/album over and over again. Then when I get sick of that, I resort to old playlists I have compiled of my favourite songs. I love the "Top Rated" playlist created by iTunes because it's so fun to listen to old songs that I loved that I haven't listened to in a while.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

I have 3 top play list:

One is basically love songs from one of each artist:

Crabby Appleton

Edgar winter group

Nick Lowe

Norman Greenbaum

Animals

Rod Stewart

Toto

One basically hardcore, with my favorites from each of these artist:

Agnostic Front

Gallows

Leather mouth

Minor Threat

Ten Yard fight

Unearth

The third...:

ska:

Reel Big Fish

Mighty Mighty Bostones

Leftovercrack

Anti-flag

Rock:

John cougar Mellencamp

Punk:

Smartbomb

Rap:

Beastie Boys: Sabotage!!!

Unearth

Minor threat

and hatebreed

My pure's stats:

str:70

attc:35

def:4

range:72

mage:70

hp:70

• 2 weeks later...

I usually go through obsessions with random artists and listen to their songs/album over and over again. Then when I get sick of that, I resort to old playlists I have compiled of my favourite songs. I love the "Top Rated" playlist created by iTunes because it's so fun to listen to old songs that I loved that I haven't listened to in a while.

Levon.png Bladewing.png

It's great you know what you're talking about rustiod. Everything you've said is 100% accurate a true.

That being said...your a [bleep]ing [bleep] douchebag, and none of your advice will ever (or should ever) be taken seriously because of it.

disregard good advice because the giver is a douche

THAT MAKES YOU A BETTER PERSON

• 2 weeks later...

I have a mixture of disturbed, breaking benjamin, linking park, CTR and spyro the dragon OST tracks on my playlist for runescape. For when I need to get worked up I have lamb of god, BFMV, Escape the fate, Atreyu and Kataklysm. Cannibal corpse don't really fit into any of my playlists though, thy're basically a separate tone of music. All my favourite songs from each of my bands are in playlists.

disturbeda.png

I put together playlists of songs that are multiple parts so they can be altogether as one or songs that go together (such as Dream Theater's Alcoholics Anonymous Suite).

My Playlists:

A Mind Beside Itself (Dream Theater)

Alcoholics Anonymous (Dream Theater)

Ballads (Every ballad on my iPod)

D&W Trilogy (A 3-part song on the Demons & Wizards s/t album)

Exogenesis: Symphony (Muse)

In the Presence of Enemies (Dream Theater)

Interlude (maudlin of the Well)

Rave (all my Techno, Dance, Hardcore, etc stuff)

Riseth He, The Numberless (maudlin of the Well)

Symophony No. 2 (Frank Ticheli)

The Blue Ghost (maudlin of the Well)

The Incurable Tragedy (Into Eternity)

Three Minute Warning (Liquid Tension Experiment)