Your little time machine

VEGHATERMEATLOVER

I would go back to before 9/11 and kill Osama bin Laden by tea bagging him.

Not because I'm gay but because I can't think of a more degrading and humorous way to kill someone.

2pzzjb9.jpg

106px-National_Defense_Service_Medal_ribbon.svg.png106px-Navy_Rifle_Marksmanship_Ribbon.svg.png120px-USN_Expert_Pistol_Shot_Ribbon.png

God dammit Seany, STOP SHARING MY MIND

" I believe in something greater than myself. A better world. A world without sin. I'm not going to live there. There's no place for me there... I'm a monster.What I do is evil. I have no illusions about it, but it must be done."

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Battle of Gettysburg Civil War 1863

Invasion of Normandy D-Day 1944

The old west/gold rush 1800-1900

Lewis and Clark Expedition 1800s

1492 when Columbus first laid eyes on the new world

If you want to actually make it to all those destinations you might want to hit Gettysburg last. Or Normandy. Depends when you attack.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

I won't go anywhere.

If you try to modify the past or future, the world will be completely different if you go back to the present. Sure, it might sometimes be for the better, but the risks can be potentially dangerous.

I've seen a cartoon where some guy travels back to the Stone Age, kills a fly, and when he goes back to the present there's things like giant mutant flies in the world.

Nothing would change if you went back in time. You see, because you went back in time, it would've been recorded in history that you went back in time. An easy was to see this is Hitler. You can't go back in time and kill Hitler because he died in 1945 by suicide. You can't just insert yourself into the timeline, you would've had to already be in there to get there.

That's not what I meant. If you change the past, the present and future will be completely different. This sometimes is good, but others? It can be extremely dangerous and you can even destroy mankind this way!

The point is you can't change the past.

You see, if you go back in time, you were always there, that's how history is.

If you go back and try to change the past, you put the actions which caused the past into motion. Get it?

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

I would go back to xmas 01, make a RuneScape account, and pick up a few phats. Then go to every other holiday event that dropped a weildable item.

Maybe go see some famous historical people/moments?

And then I would go into the future, steal some technology, bring it back, patent it or whatver, and make a fortune.

Of course, I'd also get some historical artifacts as well. (like a piece of the Hindenberg.)

[hide=A funny conversation]Me:Have u wondered how my brassard, which leaves my chest bare, give about the same def as ur pile of rocks?

Friend:Hahaha

Friend:Maybe you are just good at blocking with your shoulder?

Me:Ahahahahaha[/hide]Rare drops: 4 D legs, 1 D skirt

Barrows items: 2 Verac's helms, 1 Dhorak's Greataxe, 1 Dhorak's platelegs, 2 Karil's leathertops, 1 Karil's crossbow, 1 Guthan's chainskirt

Quest cape achieved 28 Dec, 2009, lost with Nomad's Requiem, re-obtained on 19 Mar 2010.

Fire cape achieved 1 Nov 2010.

and then watch the moon landing. That would be pretty cool.

On the moon?

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

If you go back and try to change the past, you put the actions which caused the past into motion. Get it?

How do you know this?

How do you know this?

Because suddenly appearing in time makes no sense.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

I know it doesn't. Time travel is fictional and doesn't make sense either. No one has done it before, which is why I don't get why you guys are so confident to know exactly how things would work if we really could time travel.

so a microwave turning in2 a time travel machine makes sense but the future or the past not bein affected by wat u did in the period of time u traveled doesnt make sense? dont try to put logic in an illogical concept...

u can control my tip it account, but youll never control how fine i am!

If you go back in time and just observe you're NOT going to change history. I hate these instant "A time traveler will instatly [bleep] up time."

Besides, I tend to believe an infiniate number of timelines, not just one. So if you do go back and time and change history, when you go forward in that timeline, THAT timeline is different, not the timeline you originally came from.

So it's like the Back to the Future thing, but instead of changing the present timeline to fit your native one, you just hop back to your native timeline.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Battle of Gettysburg Civil War 1863

Invasion of Normandy D-Day 1944

The old west/gold rush 1800-1900

Lewis and Clark Expedition 1800s

1492 when Columbus first laid eyes on the new world

If you want to actually make it to all those destinations you might want to hit Gettysburg last. Or Normandy. Depends when you attack.

I just want to watch it unfold, in a ghostly type state where I can't be harmed.

Kriegsig1copy2b.jpg

If you go back in time and just observe you're NOT going to change history. I hate these instant "A time traveler will instatly [bleep] up time."

You can't observe anything without affecting it.

But you can't affect history because it has already happened. Just like you can't influence a horror movie by yelling "Don't go behind that pile of dog crap!"

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

The problem with time travel (aside from it not existing) is that if you go back in time to stop something happening, the reason you went back in time wouldn't exist, which means you would never go back in time. If you never went back in time then you would need to go back in time to stop something happening, if you go back in time to stop it then the reason you went back in time wouldn't exist, which means you would never go back in time. If you never went back in time then you would need to go back in time to stop something happening, if you go back in time to stop it then the reason you went back in time wouldn't exist, which means you would never go back in time. If you never went back in time then you would need to go back in time to stop something happening, if you go back in time to stop it then the reason you went back in time wouldn't exist, which means you would never go back in time.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

What?

Staying out of the way, being part of the crowd, will affect the outcome?

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

I was talking about the "observer effect" scientific principle (see: Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle). But yes, you are still affecting the things around you. You still have mass and take up space. Depending on how far back you go even that small amount could change everything. Say you are in a crowd as an observer, you are standing next to people. Maybe you stand next to some guy where previously a girl came up to stand next to him, and where previously they started to talk and eventually lived together and had kids they never meet. The ramifications of that one action on a timeline of a year may not be huge, but in 20-30 years almost everyone in the world would be affected in some way (7 degrees of separation between 95% of the world's population). It could be the difference between total world war and total world peace.

But you can't affect history because it has already happened. Just like you can't influence a horror movie by yelling "Don't go behind that pile of dog crap!"

Depends which time travel view you talk about, there are two: the single universe theory and the multiple universe theory. In the single universe theory if you travel back in time you can affect history because you have always affected history, if you didn't affect history in the same way as you always have then you wouldn't have been able to time travel in the first place, so you therefore wouldn't be there to affect history. This is the main problem I have with all time travel movies/TV/books/comics ect... I always hate it because they change things and cause paradoxes. The only way time travel works in a single universe is if it had always been that way (regardless if anyone ever knew). Multiple universe theory is easier to work with, when you travel back in time the timelines diverge exactly where you go back to. So you can affect the entire universe, just not the one you originally came from. Now if the time machine also allows you to go forward in time you would still be stuck in the alternate universe where you had changed the past.

This is all speculation anyways because time travel is impossible. The single universe theory fails because of quantum mechanics, things have to happen exactly the same way as they always had because "changing" anything that you didn't change would result in you never coming back at all, and the uncertainty principle shows that that may not be the case. The multiple universe theory fails because traveling back in time would result in the creation of another universe, which would take the equivalent of the energy of this entire universe to create.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

I view time travelling like this-

Going to the future- It has been proven possible. The faster you go, the slower time goes, so if you go the speed of light, 1 year for you could be hundreds for everything else.. The only problem is getting back.

Going to the past- It is possible, but it is incredibly difficult. If you have two wormholes, have one spin at the the speed of light and have it travel to the future, and if someone were to enter the light speed portal they would be transported to the stationary wormhole and to the past.

So, if someone went the speed of light and travelled to the future, they could return if someone sent a wormhole to the future as well. All they would have to do is enter the wormhole and would.

But, you couldn't go back in time where the wormhole technology wasn't created yet. But what if someone from the future came back with our time traveller to the present, and then tried to kill one of their ancestors? It would change the future. But, if that person was never born, where did they come from? I don't know. But theoretically, with wormhole and light speed technology, time travel is possible. Some people think if you killed an ancestor, it would warp and destabilize the universe, causing a chain reaction that would unravel the laws of physics and we would either be destroyed or so screwed up it wouldn't matter if we existed or not. If we do discover time travel, I hope no one ever tries something like that, because it could destroy everything. :mellow:

28jkzuv.jpg2a9b8sy.jpgwqx853.jpg

gridblack.png

I'd go back and film a bunch of famous battles that we know really nothing about (like Ethandun).

That would be pretty awesome actually. As long as you don't get killed.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

Well, since you ask me where I would go, and not how logical or illogical the concept of time travel is I would go back to my childhood. I miss when Santa Clause existed, being able to play with my Barbies for hours and hours, when all homework was was coloring pictures rather than algebra, and when I didn't have horrible sleeping patterns. I also miss not having to worry about getting a job, learning how to drive a stick-shift, finding a way finish school or getting my GED.

"Gentle Girl"

OK, to give you an example: girls never get affected when I "observe" them undressing themselves. As long as they don't notice.

Come to think of it, I could relive those moments with the time machine. Yay :lol: !

22031_s.gif

I was talking about the "observer effect" scientific principle (see: Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle). But yes, you are still affecting the things around you. You still have mass and take up space. Depending on how far back you go even that small amount could change everything. Say you are in a crowd as an observer, you are standing next to people. Maybe you stand next to some guy where previously a girl came up to stand next to him, and where previously they started to talk and eventually lived together and had kids they never meet. The ramifications of that one action on a timeline of a year may not be huge, but in 20-30 years almost everyone in the world would be affected in some way (7 degrees of separation between 95% of the world's population). It could be the difference between total world war and total world peace.

:blink: :mellow: <_<

Okay fine, you have a point. But I still think if you take caution and try to observe from a point nobody was on or can change something, there's a tiny chance you will change history.

siggy3s.jpg

Assuming that I'm allowed more than one trip, I'd travel into the far future, collect information about scientific achievements (quantum computers, faster-than-light propulsion, etc.) and give the information to scientists 50 years ago. After that, I would rinse and repeat, effectively creating a time loop that allows humanity to become infinitely advanced.

Otherwise, I'd download the Wikipedia database, put it on a portable hard drive and send the drive ten years into the past to some well-known scientist's office. (You can't go back too far in this case, since technology that is too old won't be able to access the data.)

That is, assuming I don't create some sort of predestination paradox that destroys the universe.

ixfd64.png

ARENAscape:

Baratus [AS] max hit: 166 with Moon Battle Hammer

ixfd64 [AS] max hit: 116 with (untitled spell #2)