I just did the unthinkable

imbackstinkers

Yeah I have a Facebook, I check it every day but I don't really comments and say things that often.

Its good though, you can add friends you havn't seen for a long time and talk with them. Because most people have a facebook the chances are you'll find them :P

Doomy edit: I like sheep

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a student, we NEED facebook to survive

We don't need anything but food, water, shelter, and sleep. You can survive without Facebook.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

It's handy enough. Good seeing what old friends have been up to and the like.

It isn't in the castle, It isn't in the mist, It's a calling of the waters, As they break to show, The new Black Death, With reactors aglow, Do you think your security, Can keep you in purity, You will not shake us off above or below

Scottish friction

Scottish fiction

I quit facebook, took down all my pictures, deleted all my friends called them to tell them i was leaving the world of facebook *some of them fainted from the shock*

Now why did i quit?

Got bored of facebook *hears readers hit the floor*

Actually I don't know why, nothing drastic happened but i was there on the site and I just quit

Are you on facebook? If so/If not why?

what do you think of it?

Don't be so over glorifying ? Who cares tbh. It was stupid of you to take down the pictures\just delete everyone. What if you ever want to come back? You're trying to "shock" us by forsaking the "social norm," but you're really just making yourself like like an idiot, quite frankly.

Srsly.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

I always have it open in a tab. It's useful to have, and it takes about 3 minutes to set one up so I don't see any reason not to have it. It's not really something I could understand getting bored of since it's not really something you actively do. It's kinda like email in that regard. You check it daily (or slightly more often depending on how often you need to), you respond to what people have said to you, and you start conversations.9

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

if you set your profile to private its not like a company could reject you, since they cant see anything

That's incorrect; most employers have the ability to view your profile regardless of whether you accept them or not. I'm also sure they have the ability to view everything you've submitted, regardless of whether it's been deleted or not. However I do know for a fact that deleting things from facebook does NOT remove them forever and it is very possible to bring pictures/information back that was 'deleted'.

I do have a facebook, and it's very neat seeing how friends I still haven't seen in four years have changed. It's also a neat way to find out more about someone, as in how they type (shorthand or not), how often they update facebook-related things (status, pictures), what info they decide to disclose, etc.

It's surprising how casual people are about what they put onto facebook :-?

wl7w9j.png

My facebook wouldn't stop me from getting a job. A school, maybe. The majority of my status updates regard how much I hate writing papers.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

That's incorrect; most employers have the ability to view your profile regardless of whether you accept them or not. I'm also sure they have the ability to view everything you've submitted, regardless of whether it's been deleted or not. However I do know for a fact that deleting things from facebook does NOT remove them forever and it is very possible to bring pictures/information back that was 'deleted'.

Oh sh...

if you set your profile to private its not like a company could reject you, since they cant see anything

I do have a facebook, and it's very neat seeing how friends I still haven't seen in four years have changed. It's also a neat way to find out more about someone, as in how they type (shorthand or not), how often they update facebook-related things (status, pictures), what info they decide to disclose, etc.

From what I read in the privacy policy the only things an employer or a school or anything can see is what you allow people who aren't your friends to see, they can't just have access to all your information just like that.

I am a student, we NEED facebook to survive

We don't need anything but food, water, shelter, and sleep. You can survive without Facebook.

Yeah, like you didn't know it was a figure of speech. #-o

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

From what I read in the privacy policy the only things an employer or a school or anything can see is what you allow people who aren't your friends to see, they can't just have access to all your information just like that.

Yea, I don't believe that either. Simply because someone works in HR doesn't mean Facebook gives them godmods. Granted, there are ways to see a profile that's blocked for you, but I don't think anyone would really try that hard. Besides, like anything else on the internet, you should be smart about what you upload.

Also, am I the only one who thought it was so strange that people never started/stop using Facebook? It's such a norm that it's odd to hear. Like someone saying they don't have a cell phone/internet. It leads to "...lolwut?" moments. At least for me.

Yea, I don't believe that either. Simply because someone works in HR doesn't mean Facebook gives them godmods. Granted, there are ways to see a profile that's blocked for you, but I don't think anyone would really try that hard. Besides, like anything else on the internet, you should be smart about what you upload.

Also, am I the only one who thought it was so strange that people never started/stop using Facebook? It's such a norm that it's odd to hear. Like someone saying they don't have a cell phone/internet. It leads to "...lolwut?" moments. At least for me.

While it's not deleted entirely, in all likelihood, it's not like FB staff will look through their records for any random guy claiming to need a background check on an employee or something. If you really want to be hard to find from employees and are deleting everything, change your name to something else. So if your real name is Steve McSteve, change it to Nick Nicoli. Then delete everything.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

I use Facebook quite functionally, for the most part.

Good way to communicate with people that I don't see often now that I've moved away, helpful for organizing group activities and stuff. For example right now myself and some friends are organizing a ski trip, and our main method of communication has been Facebook.

I had a Myspace for a while. Then I deleted it cause it crashed my computer 3 times.

now I have a Facebook. Which I use ALL THE TIME. I could quit if I had something better to do with my time. But I don't. So I sit there for an hour or so a day, just stalking my friends and looking up partys I can crash later that week.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

I have a Myspace, Facebook, and Twitter. The latter two I just created over the summer but i've had a Myspace for a while. They're great for chatting people you havent talked to in a while, or if you're home after school/work and want to talk to someone but they don't have a phone (which in my case is my girlfriend).

I am a bit annoyed at Twitter though, it's essentially a big whinefest with a few of my friends on it, but other than that it can be pretty fun at times.

I use it to chat with friends, but I'm not obsessed and I don't have 90+ pictures of myself posing everywhere... I only got 3 posing ones and the other 3 are ones from school :P. But yeah I only use it to keep in touch with my ex-girlfriend (lives in Queensland now, the split was for the best) and to have a chat with friends. Everyone at school has one, so we all add each other and just talk about stuff. Helps you get to know everyone in your grade and stuff like that, so it aint bad :).

But if you obsessively rave about every thing you do in life, you need some help lol.

disturbeda.png

I got mine before coming to college and I've been fairly addicted to it since. Its a great way for me to stay connect with friends back home being that I go to school out-of-state. If I didn't have it I probably would have lost contact with a lot of my friends. I don't see how I could stop using Facebook completely. I don't use Myspace though, I never really got into it like most people did when it first started up.

tFtfA.jpg

Meh, made an account in Face book to years ago never to come again....Until 6 months ago where I started to see the point of Facebook and visit regularly, which is now everyday.

I also made a Twitter accound not too long ago, quite a useful tool for programming if you know the right people to follow.