Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

03-Dec-2009 - The Temple at Senntisten

• Please log in to reply
396 replies to this topic

krimi
[ Display Name History ]

krimi

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 526 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:der krimi
Should have trained prayer when I had the chance; it's going to be a pain now. Also, the nuke prayer at level 89 looks soooooooooooo cool.

Kepihan
[ Display Name History ]

Kepihan

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 125 posts
Holy hell, just finished the quest. It's GODLY. So much fun, very much enjoyed. Seems like they are trying to create a sort of main storyline for RuneScape.

Posted Image

Sy_Accursed
[ Display Name History ]

Sy_Accursed

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,851 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Sy Accursed

Holy hell, just finished the quest. It's GODLY. So much fun, very much enjoyed. Seems like they are trying to create a sort of main storyline for RuneScape.

Runescape has always had said story line.

Since waaay bk in RSC days digsite and hazeel cult and plague city have sowed the seeds of these slowly growing stories.

People only pay heed now as everything is begining to come together

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Jon Arcane
[ Display Name History ]

Jon Arcane

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 619 posts
Quest was shorter than I expected but I thoroughly enjoyed the storyline and like the reward :)

Bring on the next Mahjarrat quest please!

Zalok
[ Display Name History ]

Zalok

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 120 posts
  • RSN:Zalok Prime
  • Clan:36th Chamber
After looking at the new border around the rs site I noticed something that caught my eye...

Posted Image
The fall of Zaros?
The Staff of Armadyl is being carried by the man, Zamorak, on the right end of the line, and I'm guessing the white figure with the cape is Zaros.

200000000.png

Dragonlordjl
[ Display Name History ]

Dragonlordjl

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,443 posts

I want to know if Deflect + Turmoil is a bug in game or an error in the KB. That will decide if this update is good or not.

This.
Posted Image

Toad
[ Display Name History ]

Toad

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,886 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired

I want to know if Deflect + Turmoil is a bug in game or an error in the KB. That will decide if this update is good or not.

This.

Error in KB, deflect is a protection prayer like well the current ones (range magic melee) and Turmoil is just a better piety.
Posted Image

Peronix
[ Display Name History ]

Peronix

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,729 posts
My god. Soul split is GODLY. It works on NPCs. I can imagine for just about any slayer task, and waterfiend trips that all you would need to do is flip on soul split for 15-20 seconds to heal up.

I was just at monkey guards. Turmoil + Soul split was more than enough to keep me alive with 4 of them pounding on me.

Adr1an
[ Display Name History ]

Adr1an

Clan Official

• Clan Official
  • 470 posts

The new prayers look pretty rad. I just think it's ridiculous how Jagex makes almost every aspect of the game tie into their janky quests. Even merchanting.

Yay new prayers; yay new quests; boo tying them together.

Yay at them boosting Melee even more, giving it even more of an upper hand against Magic! I don't get it. Magic is in dire need of an update, Melee isn't!

You are aware that boosts in mage also increase max mage hits now right? You can almost hit way better with mage now. It got an update when the herb update was released because they made it so mage pots now increase damage. And if you use this new set of prayers properly you take melee's biggest advantage away in specs. There is a spec drain in the prayers.

Posted Image

Tact
[ Display Name History ]

Tact

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 467 posts
  • RSN:Tact
  • RSN2:Granzi
Echo, this update pretty much puts the nail in the coffin of the combat triangle.

Anyone with 54 pray or above can now instantly drain your magic level by 10%, increasing to 20% (or 25% with leech over time). Even at 99 magic, this means a -10 to your magic level, meaning that you can't even blood barrage.

All this update has done is power up melee even more, at the great expense of magic.
Posted Image

Toad
[ Display Name History ]

Toad

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,886 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
Reading the item descriptions at Azzanadra, Frostenhorn is the human name, if we heard the Mahjarrat name for it the side of our face would melt, how nice!
Posted Image

Sy_Accursed
[ Display Name History ]

Sy_Accursed

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,851 posts

Echo, this update pretty much puts the nail in the coffin of the combat triangle.

Anyone with 54 pray or above can now instantly drain your magic level by 10%, increasing to 20% (or 25% with leech over time). Even at 99 magic, this means a -10 to your magic level, meaning that you can't even blood barrage.

All this update has done is power up melee even more, at the great expense of magic.

Your an idiot.
Your argument is flawed as this prayer book offers the EXACT SAME bonuses and negatives to all attack classes.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Squisher_33
[ Display Name History ]

Squisher_33

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,393 posts
sould split + turmoil + deflect on bosses would make you almost unbeatable even solo, you could probably solo corp w/o swh or solo 2 with swh, also even use deflect melee + leech mage would cripple corp
Posted Image

bedman
[ Display Name History ]

bedman

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,774 posts
  • RSN:bedman

This.

Error in KB, deflect is a protection prayer like well the current ones (range magic melee) and Turmoil is just a better piety.

Ya, its just badly worded. They meant either one of these 3 high lvl ones + one of the protection prayers. +, not or.

And if this soulsplit is true, MUST GET 92 PRAYER (actually Ive been thinking before about getting it, but I found it too boring, stupid me).

metoo1000
[ Display Name History ]

metoo1000

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 570 posts
  • RSN:retired
  • RSN2:retired
  • Clan:AOD - retired from runescape

Looks great - we've also got the Prayer update with Curses after this quest! :^_^:

Upon completing the Temple at Senntisten quest, you will gain access to the ancient hymnal, which, once read, will allow you to use curses. Unlike normal prayers, which you gain access to as your Prayer level increases, the curses require you to change your entire prayer list by travelling to Senntisten Temple (under the Digsite) and praying at the altar there. To change back to the normal prayer list, pray at any other altar.

To view what curses are available to you in game, simply click on the Prayer icon. This can be found either at the top-right corner of the in-game menu (windowed mode) or at the bottom-right of the screen (resizable or full-screen mode). You should now have a list of all the curses, with those currently available to you being lit up.

Finally, not only does the altar at Senntisten Temple allow you to switch to curses, it also provides a handy 15% boost over your maximum Prayer level.

Posted Image
Curse Interface

Curse Information:

* Like the 'Protect from' prayers, Deflect curses stop 100% of damage caused by NPCs and 60% of damage caused by other players (in PvP). In addition, they also have a chance of deflecting some of the damage they would have caused back onto the attacker. As with 'Protect from' prayers, you can only deflect one style of combat at a time (Magic, melee or Ranged). Creatures that can only be damaged in a specific way (for example, the vyrewatch can only be damaged by the Ivandis flail) cannot be hurt using a deflect curse.
+ You can have multiple sap or leech curses active at the same time (e.g. Sap Mage, Sap Warrior and Sap Ranger), but you cannot have the a sap and leech curse of the same type active at the same time (e.g. you cannot have Sap Ranger and Leech Ranged active together).
~ You can only have either Soul Split, Wrath, Turmoil or one deflect curse active at any one time

KB Article: Prayer - The Ancient Curses

so how come our prayer icon has not been updated as such in this picture? not the end of prayer updates this year or they just forgot?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Neos_Matrix
[ Display Name History ]

Neos_Matrix

X-TET

• Members
  • 845 posts
  • RSN:ElricEdward
  • RSN2:Tet Null 355
  • Clan:Ex-TET Member
This quest is gonna be tougher than I thought, just what I expected! :thumbsup:

And a pretty nice reward.

Elricedward.png
Barrows Items: 1x Dharok's Platelegs, 1x Veracs's Plateskirt, 1x Dharok's Greataxe, 2x Torag's Platelegs, 1x Akrisae's War Mace, 1x Ahrim's Robeskirt, 3x Akrisae's Robetop, 1x Guthan's Warspear, 1x Akrisae's Robeskirt, 1x Torag's Helm, 2x Verac's Brassard, 1x Karil's Pistol Crossbow

anonymous_user
[ Display Name History ]

anonymous_user

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 161 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • Clan:Farseers
This is just too incredible! I got dharok's helm while getting barrows object and now I find I have cool new prayers. Best update this year.
Posted Image

Tact
[ Display Name History ]

Tact

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 467 posts
  • RSN:Tact
  • RSN2:Granzi

Your an idiot.
Your argument is flawed as this prayer book offers the EXACT SAME bonuses and negatives to all attack classes.

Flaming me already?

The stat bonuses maybe the same, but the negative effects on magic have a much greater impact. You can't cast spells if your magic level falls below the required level, and the most powerful spells have a hefty level requirement reaching up to 94 for ice barrage and 95 for fire surge. Compare this with melee, where you only need 75 attack to wield a godsword, and even if your attack drops below that number, your weapon's not going to become unequipped.

So you have magic, which is denied it's most powerful spells. Against melee, which receives greater damage boosts (via Turmoil). Unless the magic drain only affects accuracy, this update is seriously unbalancing.
Posted Image

bedman
[ Display Name History ]

bedman

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,774 posts
  • RSN:bedman

soul split+ the strenght pray is awesome for healing like its faster then buny and probably out heals uni on trips to things people camp such as abby demons water fiends ext almost liek a guthans prayer but cant be stacked with protection prayers so only good for low hitting monsters

Huh, if soul split cant be stacked with protection item prayers, and turmoil can, then the turmoil thing might be a bug.

Sy_Accursed
[ Display Name History ]

Sy_Accursed

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,851 posts

Your an idiot.

Flaming me already?

The stat bonuses maybe the same, but the negative effects on magic have a much greater impact. You can't cast spells if your magic level falls below the required level, and the most powerful spells have a hefty level requirement reaching up to 94 for ice barrage and 95 for fire surge. Compare this with melee, where you only need 75 attack to wield a godsword, and even if your attack drops below that number, your weapon's not going to become unequipped.

So you have magic, which is denied it's most powerful spells. Against melee, which receives greater damage boosts (via Turmoil). Unless the magic drain only affects accuracy, this update is seriously unbalancing.

This is all depending on several what ifs:

1) the prayers actually take levels literally and not just in effect
2) the mage has not potted up
3) the mage does not counter said prayer with a prayer of their own

Plv6Dz6.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users