3rd Age/Spirit shields/Phats Discussion

bedman

Yeah but if Jagex ever caused that to happen, that would just wipe thousands of hours of merching away from some people.

Yep (thousands of hours for those people combined anyway). There isn't much of an alternative though. I don't think party hats all going over max cash or something is really a good alternative either. I'd rather that it be dealt with now. Ideally it would've been dealt with years ago of course.

Jagex could always mitigate the shock of the introduction of a shop like that by adding party hats to the GE at max cash (for those hats over max cash), just enough to ease the price down to 2b over the period of a few months.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not even rare anymore... but more and more people complain about the high price of it.

Anyway, market in goods are booming so logically the high end rares market goes down a bit.

Nothing to worry, they will find a stable price once Jagex is done making changing the game drastically.

Me and the wise old man go way back.... he was a foolish boy back then.

My crystal armour idea.

Why is there a reason to make them cheaper?

Not neccesarily cheaper, but non-rare (e.g. not limited). It could be 5b per hat with one buyable per month for all I care, but java limits :P.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Why is there a reason to make them cheaper?

Not neccesarily cheaper, but non-rare (e.g. not limited). It could be 5b per hat with one buyable per month for all I care, but java limits :P.

free market.

My crystal armour idea.

^ From my view because they are HIGHLY, IMMENSELY, STUPIDLY OVERPRICED pieces of paper, that aren't even that rare anymore.

I like your logic.

I got a cracker drop after killing MMG yesterday. True story. Didn't want the blue I got from it so I alched it.

09144a99bb.png

^ From my view because they are HIGHLY, IMMENSELY, STUPIDLY OVERPRICED pieces of paper, that aren't even that rare anymore.

I know right! They just keep getting more and more common!

If you had half a brain-cycle you'd realise I meant sightings of party hats instead of you being a sarcastic drongo.

2006: You would be lucky to see one person wearing one, when they did it was like Zezima all over again.

2011: You see at least 3 daily and its a case of "yep, w/e"

Popoto.~<3

If you had half a brain-cycle you'd realise I meant sightings of party hats instead of you being a sarcastic drongo.

2006: You would be lucky to see one person wearing one, when they did it was like Zezima all over again.

Where has this observation led you? Does this revelation make partyhats less of a status symbol? Does it somehow reduce their sentimental value?

Where has this observation led you? Does this revelation make partyhats less of a status symbol? Does it somehow reduce their sentimental value?

I think it does. Atleast for me. With the ease of getting alot of money in P2P I think money has become irrelevant and partyhats too common and easily obtained.

Phats have not really become more accessable... If you had played around on world 2 you would always be seeing phats constantly.

You just were probably more of a noob back then, and didn't play in the same areas that people with phats would have :P.

Also more people just stand around at the ge than any other area previously to the introduction of the ge, so have more cause to show off.

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

I see as many people with phats now as way back, the only difference is that now nearly all the people wearing them are 138 (or near it) or lend the hat (could explain a bit for your common sightings) instead of 2006 where there were also a lot of lower people wearing them.

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

Statistically, it makes no sense for sightings of party hats to increase. I hope you realize that.

Statistically, it makes no sense for sightings of party hats to increase. I hope you realize that.

Statistically, it makes no sense for either of us to start our sentences with "statistically, it makes no sense for...".

I hope you realize that.

If, statistically, it makes no sense for you to start out your sentence with "statistically, it makes no sense for...", then why did you?

I hope you explain that.

93/99 Fishing --- 22/74 Summoning

I'll achieve my goals, even if I have to crawl towards them.

Always accepting donations of living minerals, fishing urns, granite crab pouches, etc.

[hide=Thanks to]Silvermist82, Byzantus, Eka-iridium, emers8529, Octarine, A Local Guy, ezeeipancake, and Thor ls Here[/hide]

Gonna try to feed the discussion a bit here... But with the recent BAR actions Jagex have been doing, didn't quite a bit of rares got back into the game? I have seen quite a bit of pics on IRC of RWTing accounts being unbanned, that had a fair bit of rares. I even saw one pic of an account that had like 5 partyhat sets 2 crackers and some other rares. Also, how about the stakers that had rares and quit when staking was removed (sort of removed)? Plenty of them have come back since they brought it back. If u add it all up, I think it would be safe to say, that more rares have been brought back to the market then any years previously.

Just my 2 cents I put into the discussion...

Green_partyhat.png

Gonna try to feed the discussion a bit here... But with the recent BAR actions Jagex have been doing, didn't quite a bit of rares got back into the game? I have seen quite a bit of pics on IRC of RWTing accounts being unbanned, that had a fair bit of rares. I even saw one pic of an account that had like 5 partyhat sets 2 crackers and some other rares. Also, how about the stakers that had rares and quit when staking was removed (sort of removed)? Plenty of them have come back since they brought it back. If u add it all up, I think it would be safe to say, that more rares have been brought back to the market then any years previously.

Just my 2 cents I put into the discussion...

I thought most of them would have their bank cleaned...

that is if we are talking about paying to get banned account back.

My crystal armour idea.

Maybe not cleaned of all items, I belive it was 1/3 of value removed, though not 100% sure on that.

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

spent a solid half hour looking skimming through the first pages of this thread, so funny to see speculations from about 2.5 years back...

when the thread started

third age was unbuyable

partyhats were selling for min / just starting to sell for mid in GE around 65 - 100m

spectrals and arcanes were 150m

"divine will crash around 400-500m"

"partyhats will never go back to their original prices, they're useless"

"got a white for third age plate and legs"

etc

talk about memory lane, highly recommend going back if you're bored