Save the Date! 26-Feb-2010

Askthedude

The 3 days before this update they will all rise like crazy again.

Just hope I can get hold of some swamp lizards as I have enough of all the other seconds.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2.87? Isn't the max 2.7 and then going down from there?

Well according to the formula given, the initial multiplier is 2.88. Not sure why they said approximately 2.7, maybe that was the average over the first hour (which IS actually 2.71).

Found it odd too. But it starts at 2,7 on their graph too...

It would be safer to assumme it starts at 2.7, IMO.

EDIT: I fail at remembering a graph!

I apperently starts at 2,8, yo're right.

I still think it would be safer to assume 2,7.

Well, I can't make any calculation on anything but with the formula they provided. So I guess I'll just have to trust its accuracy.

Seems like materials are starting to crash already. Addy bars have crashed. Papayas have crashed. Ranarrs have crashed. Other herbs stopped selling isntantly at max. I played it safe and sold all my herbs at max or near max today. Dont want to be stuck with 100m worth of herbs.

Also made some nice profit on dbones and armour flips (could have made more on dbones though).

So does this mean I should sell my avantoe and avanto unf? I've made 20m in 2 days on my herblore supplies for 91 on the 12th lol but I say idc about 91 if I can still get 88 without making super energys and spec restores.

EDIT: those both sell max instant but papaya doesn't sell lowest.

EDIT #2: Seconds all seem to be crashing.........

EDIT #3: Laughing at the fact that I made 20m profit on all the herbs I had in the last 2 days.

Personally don't like the idea of this at all and hope this is a once off and they won't do it again, although I doubt that.

Ignoring the economic effects of this, which I imagine will have already started, two weeks prior to the event. It just seems unneeded and I personally don't see a single gameplay benefit from this at all.

Complaining isn't going to do any good, but I find this whole idea appalling. I wouldn't mind so much if it was a flat 10% xp increase over the course of a weekend, that's not too bad. But 2.7x? even if it's only >2 for a few hours that's a huge impact it'll have on the game.

Agreed.

The challenge of Summoning and Herblore is part of the game. This event will certainly cheapen those skills.

Don't think ZMI works as it already gives a 2* multiplier of experience per rune.

The 2X weekend will not stack with anything. :rolleyes:

What activities will earn me bonus XP?

Runecrafting - crafting runes at any altar

Does anyone actually know this?

Heads up, I was able to buy snapdragons instantly at minimum, so herbs are probably dropping. I'd think they'll go up again soon though

I think that you're right. People still really want the herbs, but I think that most people gave up on trying to buy them so there aren't very many offers on the GE at the moment. Once the word gets out that they are available the supply is going to dry up.

My prediction is that prices will go down for a few days because people think that they are "crashing" and will wait for a bargain. Then, all of a sudden on Monday or Tuesday (maybe earlier) everyone will get nervous and try to buy at the same time, and they'll be unbuyable again.

Staff of light is also tanking hard. I bought a SoL + 700 swamp lizards for pure cash.

Prolly not the best deal, but I've been waiting to get a SoL FOREVER so if I can get the exact amount of seconds I need, superior to granite, to get me to 95 summoning, in ADDITION to the SoL, I'm happy.

Besides, not like I paid 30m for one like some people :P

Herbs seem to be crashing already?

Logically the should be going up to max 2 times their price for the weekend...

Quite concerned here as I have about 50M of herblore supplies I'm planning to use, which will get me about 1.2M herb exp in about 90 minutes :)

Herbs seem to be crashing already?

Logically the should be going up to max 2 times their price for the weekend...

Quite concerned here as I have about 50M of herblore supplies I'm planning to use, which will get me about 1.2M herb exp in about 90 minutes :)

I wouldn't worry too much. They'll drop a few days and go back up after that. That's my guess at least. If you wanted to sell them and buy them back in a few days you're most likely too late.

I decided to buy the herbs I needed now that I'm able to buy them. Could've saved some money by buying tomorrow, but idc..

nekusig2fcopy.jpg

There are three sides to every story: There's one side, there's the other, and there's the truth.

I have a pretty pressing question that I've been wondering since news of this was released, I'm not sure if it's been answered in the ~7k posts on the RSOF so if anyone knows a Jmod post on this issue It'd be appreciated:

Do they plan to reduce the rate of random events by the same factor as the exp is scaled up? Seeing that one vid of the guy turning in 1k summer squirk juices has me concerned because he got a random like every friggin inventory of squirks he turned in, which is like every damned minute. If we're getting nearly triple experience then it would stand to reason that would translate to triple the random events which would probably hurt how many pouches I can make per hour quite considerably.

Intruiging :o (I have no idea obvsly)

I'ma get 83-90 Summon :) Well, if not 90 I will definitely get 89, GEYSER TITANS!!! I already bought 40 geyser pouches, for when I rc the 22k p ess during the rest of the weekend. Mining is fun, Agility is doable. RC sucks. Idk how I get 80.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

I'ma get 83-90 Summon :) Well, if not 90 I will definitely get 89, GEYSER TITANS!!! I already bought 40 geyser pouches, for when I rc the 22k p ess during the rest of the weekend. Mining is fun, Agility is doable. RC sucks. Idk how I get 80.

Why do geyser titans help with RC?

The_Diamond.png

1593th to 99 Farming - July 08.

Why do geyser titans help with RC?

They recharge glories

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

^^ yeppers. And are by far the coolest familiar existing imo.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

Anyone know if the multiplier stays at a constant 2.7x for the first hour, or if it declines from 2.7x immediately upon logging in?

"It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man."

-- Jack Handey

Cook_Me_Plox.png

Anyone know if the multiplier stays at a constant 2.7x for the first hour, or if it declines from 2.7x immediately upon logging in?

It's not 2.7x upon loging, its higher. There is a formula, go look at it on the Dev. Blog if you want to know the exact amount. It doesn't change with logging though, its a timed amount.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

To the assumptions items should be 2x their price: if the xp was doubled forever then yes. But it's for a a 10 hour window, and therefore most people only need a small supply taken from the game.

Quick find code: 15-16-48-60551431 - I think we know most of this anyway

Mod Fnord

FAQ

Many thanks to the player known as 225 who collated a great many of my responses into a very simple Q/A on his forum thread. He saved me so much time in bringing these together, and he did a great job is getting details to all of the players. I owe you one 225!

What activities will NOT earn me bonus XP?

-Quest XP rewards

-Items that give XP (e.g. genie lamps, tomes of experience)

-XP rewards at the end of activities (e.g. Tears of Guthix, Soul Wars, Pest Control)

-Anything which allows points to be exchanged for XP (e.g. Penguin Points, Brimhaven Agility Arena tickets, Slayer incentives, Mrs Winkin's World of Seeds shop from Vinesweeper, the jade vine)

Will assisting players give bonus XP?

Any assisting you do will not be modified by the bonus XP system.

Will the timer still run when in the lobby?

Nope!

Will the timer run if you are in a F2P world?

The timer will run when you are logged into the game, regardless of what world youre on, be that free or members; however, even logged into a free world, members will receive bonus XP.

Will there be any means to check how long you been logged in for during the weekend?

When the system is active, you will find a little button left of the minimap. Clicking it will give you a little more information on your current XP modifier, how much time you have been logged in for during the weekend, and even a running total of the XP you have earned over each log-in session.

Does the XP rate drain for all skills or do I have 10 hours for each skill?

The timer is for all skills combined.

How often will the XP modifier update?

The calculation of the multiplier will be done every time XP is awarded, at the moment it is awarded. It is calculated on a per-minute rate, if that helps. (So, the modifier after 1 hour 15 minutes will be different from that at 1 hour 16 minutes).

If you plan to host more, how often will such events be?

No concrete plans as of yet. We need to have a talk about how this one went first.

While its known that activity rewards will not work, will doing things during the game (e.g. combat skill XP while playing Soul Wars) receive a bonus?

Yes. If you are earning XP during an activity because of combat, it counts as normal combat training, and will be modified/boosted.

Will sq'irk juice from the Sorceress's Garden activity be affected (when traded to Osman) or is this considered an activity reward?

No. Trading sqirk juice to Osman will not receive bonus XP.

Will items like Stealing Creation tools or the goldsmithing gloves stack with the bonus?

No. Any items that already give a boost to earned experience will be replaced by the bonus XP system for the duration of the event. They will not degrade during the event, and will return to normal once it is over.

Will the ZMI/Ourania Altar be affected by the bonus?

Yes! You will receive bonus XP using this Runecrafting altar.

Will the Ectofuntus stack with the bonus?

The Ectofuntus will not receive additional bonus XP, but will continue to work as normal (i.e. 4x the XP for burying a bone).

Will altars in player-owned houses stack with the bonus?

The benefit of POH altars will be replaced by the bonus XP system, but will return to normal after the event.

Will infusing Summoning pouches give bonus XP?

Infusing Summoning pouches is a normal training activity, so will receive the bonus!

Will Pyramid Plunder benefit from the bonus?

Yes. Pyramid Plunder will give you bonus XP.

Will shade burning get the bonus?

Yes. Shade burning will receive bonus XP.

Will the bonus XP work for infusing tiaras for Runecrafting, e.g. air talisman + tiara = air tiara?

Yes, it will.

If I plant my trees ahead of time then check-health during Bonus XP Weekend, will that earn bonus XP?

You can do that, yes.

Will completing unfinished potions (that were made before the event)/making extreme potions yield bonus XP?

Yes, it will.

Jabawoki13.png

Jabawoki13.png

Achievement Diaries

Completed: Lumbridge, Falador, Seers, Varrock, Fremennik and Karamja

Finished Hard: Ardougne

Music Tracks - 703/704

Nomad killed at 114 combat Slayer drops: Black Mask x2 Clue scroll rewards: Guthix Platebody - 900k, Guthix F Helm 1mil, Bandos Kite - 2.3mil

I'd like to point out it starts at friday NOON GMT, not midnight. (eg. 6AM US central time friday morning). Wouldn't want people logging in without realizing it's already the weekend now.

Sc.png