. its fun

. and finnaly its fun

Iyaari.png

comp-regular.png

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, the bonus from slayer helm is a good point. And I guess it is training at least 2 skills at once. But it isn't that fast even if you add it all together. And there are bound to be times when you get bad tasks. For example, I just keep getting waterfiend tasks, 199 of them on my last one, and I stopped. I know wfs are good for charms, but its so slow haha.

Does anyone think it has a reason about slayer being "pro"? I dunno, sometimes I feel there are people who train it just to be pro, just like how some people get 99 fletch/cook just to have a 99. :unsure:

Of course there are people that train like that. They're idiots, training a skill they hate to gain respect from people they will never meet. But most people do it because they actually enjoy it. I used to also have your mindset until I got 75, then I realized I love Kuradal's dungeon :P I still only train it when I feel like it, but that tends to be more often now.

wl7w9j.png

I just found out how fun slayer really is, and all the grinding at diverse spots made me hate combat.

But now i slay and i am 1m xp away from 99 str :D, hopefully slayer will get me the charms enough for atleast 68 summoning.

Im aiming for atleast 80 slayer now and after that im gonna just enjoy the game, slay now and then and keep on skilling :mrgreen:

58dd8b2b.gif

#t0 #ce #teamsweden #se @swiftirc

#clan_europe @Quakenet

Like: Good money making. It's good only if high level.

Dislike: Boring, Slow XP, Most tasks/monsters are a pain in the... just don't feel like fighting.

I end up quitting in days. Slow/Little XP, got bored of it. I rather do something else instead.

I do want level 80-90 for Abyssal Demon and Dark Beast though.

Dark_Yeng.png

2002 - 2003 RuneScape Classic Clans: Wild Dawgs (WD). Court of Dragons (CoD). BlacKnights (BK). Black Dragon Knights (BDK).

2009 - 2010 RuneScape 2 Clan/Team: Hardly Dead (HD). Ex-Team Silent Ember (SE).

~ Hmong Pride ~

I like slayer because it usually is a break from the grind of other skills. All I really pay attention to is the charms since I like summoning, and I try not to look at my slayer/cmb experience. Being surprised by level ups is ton more enjoyable than grinding towards one.

I've been a huge fan of Slayer since it's release. Being top 500 to 85 and top 1000 to 99, by far one of the best skills imo. The drops are awesome, cash is half decent, and it even gives a hefty amount of drops used for other skills. I've been doing slayer for ages now, and it's put me at 120M+ Attack Exp. Can't go wrong a fun way to get 200M in a stat.

oaM0.png
fXPnd.png

Surprised no one has said this, but I'm pretty sure the fact that it is the slowest skill is actually alluring to some players, either directly or indirectly because it "gets it out of the way" or "is respectable".

I just like killing stuff, so I guess it works for me.

They mean doing 500 tasks is less grindy then killing 100k AZ's.

Basically. And Slayer is a mixed bag, most times I hate it, sometimes I love it.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

I slay because it is my main money maker, as well as the best way to get combat experience for me at least. Right now I have 72M attack experience, and gain roughly 100k-500k attack exp each day depending on how much I train it. As a combat fanatic, I would like to reach 200M atk exp one day.

As a slayer, I do feel the skill itself could have played more of a combat role when it came out, for example:

- Could raise your combat level by up to 12 levels (giving a new max combat level of 150)

- At higher Slayer levels, you could wield dual weapons (no it wouldn't be the combined stats of 2 whips if that's what you're thinking). These dual wielded weapons would give you the ability to attack 1 speed notch faster, with the addition of a slight attack and strength bonus, so that it's not overpowered. So as your monster slaying efforts don't go unnoticed, you're also faster at killing things because of it. This is a true slayer, as you've learnt killing techniques along the road to 99, and the result being you learn to attack faster, and can dodge attacks more efficiently.

There could be more things, but I could see Slayer as one of the best combat roles in RS, after all, you kill more than 100,000 monsters for level 99. Compared to pouch crafting (Summoning), where you only kill 40k-50k crimson-charm droppers, yet you gain combat levels pouchcrafting, and with slayer you don't? Just doesn't make sense to me.

2vuhgcn.png

Offtopic: Slayer isn't a combat skill because it doesn't aid you in pvp combat. and it shouldn't. Also, with all these new updates(kurdal dungeon, rapier, overloads, canceling tasks, ignoring tasks and so forth) i'm not sure slayer is the slowest skill to train anymore. I think it would easily give runecrafting a run for it's money(ourania ~37k/ very efficient slayer 40k xp an hour).

On: It's diverse, is a good moneymaker for not so well off people and easy way to gain levels and total xp for skillers.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

I love slayer for several reasons. first of all, i hate just grinding one monster. second, Its fun! its the skill i enjoy the most. not to mention its a great way to multitask! you can train 2 combat skills (with a summon) hp, and slayer at the same time. Also the fact that it is so hard is a source of pride.

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

The speed of slayer is something that has appealed to me. When I started slaying, I found it fun, but one of the reasons that I stuck with slayer was that getting 99 in the skill would take so long, that I wouldn't finish off the skill. I've realised now that I might eventually get 99, but I find the skill so fun that I'll continue with it.

Just think if I by a reason or two liked cooking the best. If I had cooked for a year, then I would eventually get 200m xp in that skill. With slayer I'm sure I'll never reach that, and that is something appealing to me.

(This is the same reason that I have never tried to get a 99. I just don't like the though of finishing off a skill.

Scherzo.png

Aside from the practical benefits of the skill, I do find the general concept of Slayer interesting. Monsters with a certain weakness, or special ability that you must protect against. Occasionally I have players asking me about the monster and the best way to kill it, and I myself gets to learn a new thing or two whenever there's a new slayer beast released.

Zepheras.png

"Do you really want to go back to the time when Falador was grey, lesser demon look like goats, dragons look like cows, hellhound look like cats and your character stands as stiff as a statue?"

-F1775

1.) Slayer cape is hawt.

2.) Less boring then grinding

3.) AFK-able most of the time, and at 600k gp/hr it is decent for cash if I don't feel like MHing.

4.) Before I maxed melee's/summoning, the mix was nice. I only bursted 700'ish of my crims, the rest were slayed.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

i hate it because someone else is telling me what to do

i hate that dammit

[bleep] you slayer masters

'Rock Hard' boss pure - 60/60 Attack | 99/99 Range | 1/1 Defence | 44/44 Prayer | 99/99 Strength | 99/99 Mage - level 79 combat EOC

## '07 Server ## "Best Runescape update ever: Removing 6 years of updates."

Rock_Hard.png

"Warning: If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all that claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think every thing you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told to want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned- Tyler"

i liked it befor i was 99 att/str/deff/hp/range/mage/sum/pray

also cape is cool but i cant find any armor that matches with it. (don't say dragon cuz the red trim doesn't work)

i liked the 400 mill i made off 99 until i lost it all to 99 pray and 99 sum and 92 herb

after 99 its kinda boring/lame because now i have no goal.. slayer always gave me a goal. Goal like a 99 combat or 99 slayer as the goal now its boring because im working towards nothing.

it's a lot less repetitive then training at Zombies for 99s.

It's true after awhile it feels like you're doing the same thing over and over again, but you can't honestly say camping at one monster forever has more variety

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

Its better than farming the skill or the mmorpg concept.

It gets annoying at times though.

I just got 99 yesterday after 5 years at it (where I was 85 in the first year) lol.

I won't be training it anymore I think.

I need to come up with a better way to get charms.

Slayer's biggest drawback is the lack of charms.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

I Like slayer mainly due to the fact i've not got a huge amount of patience, I find after an hour and a half+ i'll be bored out of my skull just camping at a specific monster, also it allows me to train combat skills without it feeling like a huge grind from start to finish.

Also the drops are nice :P

Recklor.png

Slayer drops: (updating soon)

Well to start off with your question, looking at your current slayer level reminds me of the slayer level I stopped at when I quit RS sometime back ago. When I got back, my bank was literally empty; since I gave everything away before I left the game, so the first thing I thought of was, "I'll get 85 slayer for the free whips and to get some profit out of slayer."

True enough, on the way to 85 slayer I've earned quite a sum from the skill itself, as well as a few summoning levels. The main reason I find it fun is that I know I won't be training just my combat skills when I slay - I'll get a few charms, herbs, and a variety of loot depending on the monster I'm slaying at the moment, and I always liked that fact. But the only turn off I've really encountered in the skill back then was two or even three similar tasks in a row, which was kind of a turn off. But as for now, I'm enjoying almost every task that I get from the slayer masters, and probably loving (or cursing) at the rewards I get from the clue scrolls which I pick up along the task.

jslim2.png

funny.png

88 summoning achieved: 26/06/09 :)

Just finished it a few times ago and i join Paw_Claw's point !

Variety, not that repetitive, way to max every combat skills along decent cash.

And never forget the charms.

You start a slayer career in the late 90s or low 100 cmb, and you end it at a mere 138.

I was a peacefull skiller and i started slayer and got the feelings for fighting NPCs. After came the following step witch is teaming at bosses.

Now i'm done with that skill, i'm in a sort of wealth and can go everywhere and participate to avery possible Boss trips.

And slayer is a long term skill you cannot plan for a few weeks (unless you totally blow your bank).

Slayer also allow you to gather a ton of goods for other skills (farming, herblore, magic... and of course charms)

That is all the reason that skill is weldone.

Oh baby light the dark side...