25-May-2010 - The Elemental Workshop III

Tim

I really Like the new prayer and Hunter emotes

im not digging to much the new attack one but no complaints

prayer is exactly the same though lol

Not true, they smoothed out the Prayer emote

of course they did, that was the update after all. But they didnt change the way the emote looks.

Lord_Beloved.png

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the [bleep]ing nomad of puzzles.

Its not hard per say but its ridiculously long.

I dont see why they felt the need to give a slider puzzle a move limit.

I mean this is a novice (or easy) quest.

This is more annoying then some master/GM puzzles. Just sayin...

hahaha come to think of it, it took me just as long to complete WGS as it did to complete this quest :P

Lord_Beloved.png

This is the [bleep]ing nomad of puzzles.

Its not hard per say but its ridiculously long.

I dont see why they felt the need to give a slider puzzle a move limit.

I mean this is a novice (or easy) quest.

This is more annoying then some master/GM puzzles. Just sayin...

hahaha come to think of it, it took me just as long to complete WGS as it did to complete this quest :P

Took me a few hours more to complete WGS then this, but only a few.

This is one sick intermidate quest if you arent using a guide or getting any help. :P

Same with any other thing, you just apply the bar to the anvil in the workshop.

While the ragged book is still in your inventory.

BTW Jagex could you let me put this stupid thing in my bookshelf? I don't want to have to carry it around all day or go back for another one.

8f14270694.jpg

Well I kind of grabbed all of the books on the way because I thought I'd make everything else while I was there.

If you want to make a bunch of stuff, bring a stat restore. Hahaha.

8f14270694.jpg

Anyone else getting bad graphics?

I mean, before this update, I run on OpenGL just fine, but now I get glitchy graphics everywhere, in my house, at sc, etc.

Anyone else or just me?

Theres a few graphical glitches since the core graphics engine has been revamped, the most apparent being the glitchy graphics in POH. System update should come out soon to fix it.

jrr3w8.png

-------------------------------------------------------------------

with the slot it says " a slot of a flattened Bar" what bar do i put there? the red button is active but now i am stuck

Did 5 puzzles, one side counter says 50, one side counter sparking and "stuck", and opened door with flattened bar. But red button is still inactive. Help plz.

Disregard. Figured it out thx.

The side counter on the right that sets itself to 50 gives you 50 additional moves.

The side counter on the left that jams gives you infinite moves.

Obviously you want to go for that one as soon as you can.

Wonder why somebody would go to such great lengths to install that kind of security measure though.

8f14270694.jpg

Yeah, I'm done trying to do this frustrating puzzle; I love sliding puzzles but between not being able to see the counters, the limited amount of moves, and the horrible method to contol the pieces I'm just going to wait for a guide.

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

If I reset do the two additional "counters" stay?

I know that the extra 50 won't reset back to 50 if you started to use it, and since the other one is unlimited you won't have to reset after you get it.

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

If I reset do the two additional "counters" stay?

I know that the extra 50 won't reset back to 50 if you started to use it, and since the other one is unlimited you won't have to reset after you get it.

Yeah, just wanted to reset due to it probably making it easier to move to the next point.

Yeah, I'm done trying to do this frustrating puzzle; I love sliding puzzles but between not being able to see the counters, the limited amount of moves, and the horrible method to contol the pieces I'm just going to wait for a guide.

I agree with you; I love a good sliding puzzle myself, but the lever system just makes this one take far too long. I eventually did figure it out, but at the end I felt confused rather than satisfied. Confused because I couldn't figure out why we had to deal with all those freaking levers. Would it have been so hard to add a control box or something our character could use that would allow the player to simply click the tiles we want to use, instead of running our butts off making hundreds of lever flips? Really?

I was okay with the counter system - I felt it added an extra layer of urgency to be as smart and efficient as possible, and having to move the gearbox tiles into just the right place was fun, but those darned levers just got on my nerves. I'd probably have finished two or three hours sooner if I hadn't had to do all that running (then waiting for my Run energy to recharge...). All that for a Body body, some wimpy exp and a single Quest Point? Gr... I feel like I should have waited for a guide...

cube347.jpg

Part of the Star Traks network. (^^Clicky!)

Irony: An amnesiac rediscovering they have an eidetic memory.

Ah, well you know Jagex, they like to make their puzzles simple but make the mechanisms extremely complicated or counterintuitive. Not a new occurrence.

As for your run energy, unless you're really, really low on agility, between waiting for the machine to shift longer rows, thinking your moves ahead, and the fact that energy refills like candy compared to the old days, it shouldn't be an issue unless you're rushing across to the farther side all the time, instead of thinking "hey, I can operate it with two different switches, and THIS one is closer, so why don't I do that?"

8f14270694.jpg

Well, consider this a warm up to wherever this thing is going to end. Somewhere along the way, you might go insane but at least you'll look pretty cool once the whole suit is completed.

I wonder what eventually happened with the assistant though.

Perhaps the answer lies behind that rock pile in the tunnel?

8f14270694.jpg

Those puzzles had me on the brink of insanity...but I feel so proud of myself for figuring it out :D

I never would have expected Jagex to release content that difficult. The guide for this quest will be so long...

100523232837.png

Are you winning The Game?

Wasn't expecting anything spectacular. They'd need to raise the requirements a lot more for that.

I do enjoy the puzzles. Don't really care if the next one is "soul" or not, but that does seem like a natural progression.

The tops are a nice costume piece though.

Ardzik, you need to link to the gears above the counters to unlock blocks. The lower ones just wind up the counters.

The top center gear raises and lowers the center pillar, and once the pillar is lowered, it needs to have all three gears contained in it moving at the same time to charge it up (three different sides, all three heights, you're going to have to figure out where the bottom one is facing by moving the other blocks away from it). After that, the pillar needs to be raised again to link to the chamber above.

You can find out what height a gear is at by examining it, although that won't help you much with the center pillar...

8f14270694.jpg

Doing the puzzle once is fine, but repeating part of it for every bar is just an unnecessary pain in the [wagon]. And I'm really disappointed with the reward. A few hours spent on the quest to unlock that piece of [cabbage] that I'll never wear? And I better waste a bank space to store it in case it's needed for a future quest/diary/slayer monster/whatever.

Doing the puzzle once is fine, but repeating part of it for every bar is just an unnecessary pain in the [wagon]. And I'm really disappointed with the reward. A few hours spent on the quest to unlock that piece of [cabbage] that I'll never wear? And I better waste a bank space to store it in case it's needed for a future quest/diary/slayer monster/whatever.

Sometimes the journey is the best reward.